FLaXCarnage
+1|6756|Florida
I would like to take my time and praise those medics who stand out in the crowd and heal and revive.There is nothing that annoys me more than layin there with a medic sittin next to me campin.So thank to those out there who are standing out.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6817|-
You are welcome
ssj4gogeta
+1|6814|England, Uk
The lives of the many out way the lives of the few. LOL
Rotter
+0|6735|United States
I heartily agree. If you got a defib, use it!
EM3Robertson
+0|6735|Goose Creek, SC
I feel touched. Nothing better than choosing your next spawn point a distance away and then suddenly back to life.
|Acez|tWICebaKED
+0|6735
Couldn't agree more. What's even better is when I'm rolling as a medic and I die and someone else switches kits to revive me.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6741|Atlanta, GA USA
What I like is getting killed by an APC, then getting revived, then getting killed by the APC again, then getting revived again, then getting killed by the APC again...  You get the gist.
Honestly, though, I do appreciate those that play medic and really try to heal/revive others, although some only do it for the points and don't care if they are reviving you just to see you immediately get killed again.  The worst are those medics who either
a. only play medic cause thay like the unlock and can heal themselves
b. only heal themselves and their buddies. 
"I need a medic here"  as the guy runs the other way without looking back...
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6735|Cambridge (UK)

atlvolunteer wrote:

..."I need a medic here"  as the guy runs the other way without looking back...
I'm finding getting the balance between good teamplay (not just healing self/squad) and good squadplay difficult.

I often end up miles from my squad, still healing people in and around base we just helped take, 'cos they're already 3/4 of the way to next base... And then, of course, rest of squad hit very un-freindly fire...

Though often that's 'cos my squad mates all jump into jeeps and bugger off...

But, to bring this back on-topic (well, more on-topic - as this is in the 'praise' forum), I'd also like to take this opportunity to say in my opinion, BF2 is Punk as F**K!

One can discuss the pro's and con's of the game balance 'till the cows come home but it'll never change the fact that BF2 is, in my opinion, the pinacle of the current generation of online multiplayer combat games.

I've said similar elsewhere, but, when your squad sucks it's the pits, if your team sucks, leave the server dude!

But, when you're in a, even half decent, squad - forming part of a decent, cohesive team, with a good commander, and then when the other sides a match for all that as well, and it does happen, then nothing can beat it.

(imho, of course) :rant:

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2005-10-19 15:32:27)

SrA_Shady
Slimshady -- The Real Medic
+0|6734|Sumter, South Carolina
I personally play medic almost exclusively.  I am so into being a medic and healing up people and reviving the dead that I sometimes forget I have a gun.. LOL 
Now dont get me wrong, I LOOOOOVE my L85A1, to me its the best gun in the game, period.  But most of the time, I will get with a group of people, especially at karkand, and just run with my bag out, or throw bags to injured guys.  Its all worth it when you see the dude hungrily run for the bag and then he says 'thanks, I owe you one.
Its also very gratifying when you revive a dude, and a he jumps up and pwns the fuck out of a noob toober or something.  oH yes, that makes my day. 

Im actually so bad about running around with my bag or shock paddles that my deaths out weigh my kills by 1000.. lol I hate that fact.. but theres a good reason for it, no?

I am also one of the only meds I've seen who will *try* to clear the area of hostiles if I can before I zap someone to life.. I hate it when someone zaps me and I die.. zap die zap die.. etc etc...

Shady
FLaXCarnage
+1|6756|Florida
HaHa Nice man.I was watching my brother have a funny medic experience he was a medic and there was a sniper on the hill so he went behind him and threw a bunch of medic bags in front of his scope then knifed him it was pretty funny.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6758|Singapore

*salutes shady* ya may not remember me, but i sure do remember you. that's one true blue medic for you. I got M203-ed @ the door right in front of the hill in karkland (while playing MEC), shady shot a guy off my back, came in with the defib. I stood up, tossed a C4 through the door and blew it, taking myself and 4 other USMC n00btubers out with it =P And i was faithfully revived once more.

Beautiful shady

*wipes a tear*
gearpig
+6|6731|SoCal
The only rerason I play medic is to find guy who need to be revived. nd although I've come close a couple times, I really want to kill an enemy with my paddels
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6756

gearpig wrote:

The only rerason I play medic is to find guy who need to be revived. nd although I've come close a couple times, I really want to kill an enemy with my paddels
It's fun
"Pff, i've got this medic in the BAG! [pulls out knife]"
"CLEAR! bzzt!"
pure ownage.
ProDicTeD
+2|6778

FLaXCarnage wrote:

I would like to take my time and praise those medics who stand out in the crowd and heal and revive.There is nothing that annoys me more than layin there with a medic sittin next to me campin.So thank to those out there who are standing out.
thank god someone who appreciates my work a lot of people complain about me getting a lot of points because i reanimate and heal people.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6756

I've gone back to playing medic lately.  Oldskool style; I love my AK.
Not many people play medic or support like they should be played anymore.  Medbags, revives, ammo... very few help out the team.  Very dissapointing.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6752|The Hague, Holland
Thank you very much for your appreciating .
dshak
+4|6783
i have one, one proud defib kill.... I gotta say.... I rather enjoyed it. there is something rather embarassing about being killed with shock paddles, I hope it never happens to me.
SrA_Shady

polarbearz wrote:

*salutes shady* ya may not remember me, but i sure do remember you. that's one true blue medic for you. I got M203-ed @ the door right in front of the hill in karkland (while playing MEC), shady shot a guy off my back, came in with the defib. I stood up, tossed a C4 through the door and blew it, taking myself and 4 other USMC n00btubers out with it =P And i was faithfully revived once more.

Beautiful shady

*wipes a tear*
Thanks for the kudos!
See, this is exactly what makes being a medic worth while!
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6797|Australia
i live for the teamwork scores.
i often run after guys to give them meds.
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6728|Brixham, UK
I try to play as a medic as carefully as possible. Whilst I love my L85, and it's really helping my medic score, I have to try not to play like an assualt class now...

Recently, I've played Karkand a lot - I try to stay away from the nade spam war at the first spawn, and instead concentrate on helping in less 'hot' spots, such as defending the suburb. That way, I can use my gun effectively, and still get those teamwork points going.
||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6751

beeng wrote:

I've gone back to playing medic lately.  Oldskool style; I love my AK.
Not many people play medic or support like they should be played anymore.  Medbags, revives, ammo... very few help out the team.  Very dissapointing.
agreed...even on karkand nobody plays medic anymore because everyone has got their badges...weaksauce
SrA_Shady
Just as a note to all of my faithful followers ( ;p ) ,
SrA_Slimshady the medic wont be seen for a little bit, due to my trying to get some other vet badges
Im only trying to get assault, specop and support (a kit which im increasingly liking a lot) vet badges
after that, I'll be back in my medic gear, bigger than ever, especially after the expansion is out ;p

I must say, its a little wierd not being medic... I can't tell you how many times I saw someone die today and dived for them only to realize my M249 or G3 wasnt going to do much toward reviving them, lol.

Shady
Proxima
+0|6725
I'm a little ashamed to admit that I'm a habitual medic who has yet to get a single defib kill. But I'd agree, being a Medic does tend to make you feel appreciated a bit more than, say, Support or Engineer.
kleomenes
+0|6735
I've played games with a combat score of 5 and teamwork score of 55. I love my defib...
Kommando
+0|6722|Brisbane Australia
you're welcome.

at times i wish there was a "no problem" or "my pleasure" radio option so i can respond to the guys who thank me for revives and heals.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard