coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6716|England. Stoke

PRiMACORD wrote:

paranoid101 wrote:

Just bought Armoured Fury today, Now I must admit I thought the A10 was pants the first time I tried it.

It wasn't has good as the bombers and was no were near the Fighters.

BUT!!!!!

Playing with the A10 more and more, I found it was a joy to use, bombing was fun and you can still take out armour.

But what is best is dogfighting, man I love it, just using guns only, FANTASTIC. Brings back old memory's before the air to air went uber.

One thing I do miss and I must admit keep pressing, is the afterburner.

Apart from that I have started having fun in a plane again.

It not unkillable like the J10 F18 or a flying coffin like the F35B, its just fun.

Fun to fly.

Fun to Dogfight.

Fun to strafe, god I love the sound of the mini-gun,
Yeah dogfighting is fun until you have a fight that last like 5 minutes and the guy bails before his jet blows up
Yeah that really pisses me off, I think if I had carried on looking for ground targets, I could have killed shit loads more people (hopefully helping my team in the process) and just let AA vechiles occupy/destroy their plane...
TheRipePunani
+0|6497|Saratoga, California
I just want Armored Fury for the Little Bird, but the A-10 looks nice. Anyone knows how the Gattling Gun performs?
BandoIruka
+1|6501
Wish I got armoured fury to see how bad the A-10 is.

I wonder if anyone tried to strafe the tank with the A-10 from the rear to hit its weak spots, or perhaps its front treads if they are good enough. Perhaps that might increase its chance at doing abit more damage.
The A-10 is suppose to be slow and easily maneuverable thanks to its large wings so it shouldn't be too difficult to line up a good shot on those slow tanks.

So just saying that Im not sure if the A-10 sucks, but just making a suggestion to "explore" the plane more before concluding how good or bad something is.
AH1Z SOCOM GHOST
+32|6651|Minnesota

Big McLargehuge wrote:

Hi, if your like me and you recently downloaded Armored Fury you might be a little disappointed in the A-10 Wort hog.  It's not like I thought it would be, I thought it would tear through a tank like it was made of paper. But it doesn't. WTF? Whoever made the A-10 like it is in the game really didn't do their homework. I do like the little helos though.

NOTE: I am not complaining, I am simply stating my opinion.
I was dissapointed in the main gun as well.
fotrsaken
+1|6517|NYC
they better use F-15 bombs or else i will not get it. those small chopers look awsome
ljt-cohones
+0|6493
I think the jet is just fine - but I'm infantry and can practically outrun it!
Manowar
+2|6492|East Lansing Mi
Here they are talking about the gun, scroll down about 3/4 of the page, I like the pic, of the gun out of the hawg, next to the vw beetle.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1667910/posts

Last edited by Manowar (2006-07-26 07:47:33)

ES=ELassassin
+1|6481|Antigua WI
My whole problem with BF2 is the bloody maps are toooo small for flying the jets. I feel like im in a fishtank when im in one. Buts its killer fun anyway. Cant get enought  bla bla bla........
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6500
The A-10 owns!
=WTE=MasteRMattY
+1|6728
Pilot controlled agm's would be good. or just a 5000-pounder
Blindbasher
+25|6556
Midnight sun is good for bombing.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6500|N. Ireland
A-10 is a fantastic plane to fly. I love gunning other planes down. Although all those damn anti-air vehicles.. lol
capitan hoff
+4|6646

eusgen wrote:

I like Operation Harvest the best. Good sniping map for all your sniping lovers.
I also like the operation harvest but for it ditchs beside road realistic and gives you a fighting chance againtst tanks and a great way to advance squads with option to ambush good work
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6487|Somewhere else

Im not a pilot at all,but as a tank fan, The A-10 rapidly became the bane of my existance while playing AF...
Phrozenbot
+632|6623|do not disturb

The guns on all the attack jets should do more damage to armor than by regular jet cannons. I mean, even though once you get the handle of the attack jets and you find out they are not all that bad, they should still leave a nasty scar on tanks.
Lt.Gen.Chaos
+0|6434|CA.USA

Big McLargehuge wrote:

Hi, if your like me and you recently downloaded Armored Fury you might be a little disappointed in the A-10 Wort hog.  It's not like I thought it would be, I thought it would tear through a tank like it was made of paper. But it doesn't. WTF? Whoever made the A-10 like it is in the game really didn't do their homework. I do like the little helos though.

NOTE: I am not complaining, I am simply stating my opinion.
Well i know for a fact that a a-10 firs bullets that are like canon shells.the A-10 is the best anti tank FIGHTER JET!(that does not include bombers) that the US arsenal has in real life. My dad worked for Northrup around the time it game out .( he now works for Boeing.)

to put it flat the A-10 is suppose to be a TANK BUSTER!.
CaptainMack
Ye Ol'e Pirate Pub<3
+5|6437|#bf2s (Just next to maef)

Big McLargehuge wrote:

MagiCandy wrote:

The A-10 better not use the same bombs as the F-15/SU-34, or else i shall not be happy.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it drops the same bombs as the F-35 ect. Except it drops 4 instead of two.
That's so wrong,

It's weird because DICE hired the Desert Combat team to help with Bf2

In DC (Desert Combat) There was a A-10,

the bombs was good, they made the plane as it should be.

Powerful bombs with "parachutes".
|=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo.
+26|6390|California
I beg to differ, I kill tanks very easily with the A10's machine gun, not to mention AA vehicles.
Reciprocity
+721|6588|the dank(super) side of Oregon
oh man, I just had to see who dug this dinosaur up.
Phrozenbot
+632|6623|do not disturb

|=-sL-.Cujucuyo. wrote:

I beg to differ, I kill tanks very easily with the A10's machine gun, not to mention AA vehicles.
Hey I know you. I've shoot you down a few times.

It takes like 150 rounds to kill a tank with the A-10. Drive a tank in front of the A-10 on an empty server, and unleash hell. Takes forever. However, I have noticed you do more damage when hitting them from the rear/top, but it still takes a long time.
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6679
A10 is by far the most under powered vehicle in the game, it's laughable (Even more so then all this other lol shit).
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6460

[BBF*EF]Stuka wrote:

KingLou wrote:

To get an idea of how "tough" they made the A10......I took one down with the MEC scout helo during a "dog fight" if you can call it that.  I didn't have any assistance from other vehicles either.....it was just me and him, and the scout helo won.

KiL
lol I have been doing that a lot lately too, it works wonders!
So here I am many hours of A10 use later......and I'm changing my tune.  Tha A10 is shit on a shingle if you don't know how to use it..........but it's a certifiable powerhouse if you DO know how to use it.

KiL
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6566|Hungary
For sure as everyone know A-10 was build for close air support and its a "tank killer" so you can kill a tank with your maschinegun.In real life its pretty strong and what about the bombs ? Kills everything.
And yes AA is gay and once they lock you and u use your flairs its not working...so FLAIRS = USELESS

Check this:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=886878#p886878

I mean the video !!
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6526|Adelaide, South Australia

venom6 wrote:

For sure as everyone know A-10 was build for close air support and its a "tank killer" so you can kill a tank with your maschinegun.In real life its pretty strong and what about the bombs ? Kills everything.
And yes AA is gay and once they lock you and u use your flairs its not working...so FLAIRS = USELESS

Check this:

I mean the video !!
Stop! Grammar Time!

venom6 wrote:

For sure, as everyone knows the A-10 was built for close air support. It's a "tank killer" so you can kill a tank with your machine-gun. In real life its pretty strong and what about the bombs? They kill everything.
And yes, AA is gay and once they lock on and you use your flares, they don't work...so FLARES = USELESS

Check this:

I mean the video!!
greenhaven
+47|6473
You missed a comma in there, Fenris.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard