pwrsackers
+0|6722
Road Rage is great. Ground pounded and some tank to go 17-16 vs. a far superior team. Shot down 1 Wharthog with AA. In a tank you hear them comming, they fire up the gatlin for a few hits then bomb you. Pilots are missing a lot, not used to the speed I guess. Harvest is big and beautiful. Alaska map I only saw for a few minutes when admin ended it early to get back to Road Rage. I give this booster an A. Euro a D.
pwrsackers
+0|6722
A10 might be a bust. I wasn't too scared of it in my tank. It's bombs do seem to get some splash damage and will waste a tank and anything near it.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6720|California

A10 is the shit people, the cannon does hurt targets, and owns infantry, along with the bombs
bubbass
humble
+61|6569

stryyker wrote:

A10 is the shit people, the cannon does hurt targets, and owns infantry, along with the bombs
Yeah, but if you're distracted with bombing a tank, you can get taken out very easily with the machine gun on a dune buggy. The A10 is like a flying hot water tank. You can't swoop in and bomb with a quickness.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6763

I was hoping the armor would be decent, as long as it's not uber-weak like it sounds to be.

I was also hoping the bombs would be so-so, like a fighter's bombs (i guess 4 is a bit much but it's okay) but the main point would be the guns. Strong guns that can rip a tank in maybe 8-10 direct hits. Something to make it different from flying any other plane.

EA screwed that one up too.
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6688|UK
The A10 cannon is shit. After I managed to hold the jet steady, I took a nice long run up to a static tank and ended up crashing into it before i destroyed it with the gun.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6571|USA
just real quick,  is everybody forgetting that the f-15 and shit has 5 bombs?
engineer
+3|6723|Aalborg, Denmark
i migth have missed something, but how is the cannon?
Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6603|Philadelphia, PA

engineer wrote:

i migth have missed something, but how is the cannon?

E7IX3R wrote:

The A10 cannon is shit. After I managed to hold the jet steady, I took a nice long run up to a static tank and ended up crashing into it before i destroyed it with the gun.
Stomper_40k
Re-Incarnation. You mean re-spawn right?
+44|6645|Cardiff - Wales - UK
This is what the A10 should be capable of:

"Although the A-10 can carry a considerable weight of disposable stores, its primary built-in weapon is the 30 mm GAU-8/A Avenger Gatling gun. One of the most powerful aircraft cannon ever flown, it fires large, depleted uranium armor-piercing shells at a rate of 4,200 rounds per minute. The massive shells and high muzzle velocity allow the Avenger to destroy heavily armored main battle tanks in as little as 6 direct hits. The gun is accurate as well, capable of placing 80% of its shots within a 30 ft. wide circle from a distance of 1 mile while the aircraft is in flight. The chassis of the plane is actually built around the gun (for instance, the nosewheel is offset to starboard so that the gun can be aligned on the centreline.)"

Can anyone else see where EA/Dice went wrong here?
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6688|UK

Stomper_40k wrote:

"Although the A-10 can carry a considerable weight of disposable stores, its primary built-in weapon is the 30 mm GAU-8/A Avenger Gatling gun. One of the most powerful aircraft cannon ever flown, it fires large, depleted uranium armor-piercing shells at a rate of 4,200 rounds per minute. The massive shells and high muzzle velocity allow the Avenger to destroy heavily armored main battle tanks in as little as 6 direct hits. The gun is accurate as well, capable of placing 80% of its shots within a 30 ft. wide circle from a distance of 1 mile while the aircraft is in flight. The chassis of the plane is actually built around the gun (for instance, the nosewheel is offset to starboard so that the gun can be aligned on the centreline.)"

I cant stress how much the gun sucks. They wont patch it to make it better, they will leave it as it is and come up with some BS excuse why it sucks.

Here is a good comparison

Gatling gun = Nerfed BH minigun
Vs
Tank = Infantry.

Same results.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6566|England

Stomper_40k wrote:

I dont have AF yet....but if they put that into the game with 6shots to kill a tank....how many more people do you think would be complaining of how overpowered the A10 is?
I take dozens of rounds of machine gun fire from planes when in a tank...to be killed in 6 shots every round (6 shots....from an unlimited supply of rounds like for all "machine guns" in the game)...i think even you would be complaining about how overpowered it is. You would NEVER have to reload at the airfield. EVER.
It then wouldnt be "Armoured Fury" - it would instead be "Armoured Fury Burning Everywhere" and plane whores would rule even more than they do now.
I dont know how powerful / weak the gun in the game is...but 6 shots to take out a tank? There would be a patch within 3 weeks to suit the complainers to make it as it is now.

This is a GAME people.....not real life. Sometimes, things have to be changed to make the game BALANCED.
Key word there.

Last edited by Snake (2006-06-06 00:26:38)

midgetspy
+3|6828
Balanced doesn't mean every vehicle is exactly the same...

Nic
Sheep of War
+40|6643
The LAST thing this game needs is a stronger jet. Everyone would be really pissed off if this new jet would tear through everything with the cannon.

I know it sucks for the piolots out there, but I believe in balance (regardless of real life.) I think in order to keep the game fun for ground pounders and armour whores, you would have to do one of 2 things to even out a new jet.

1) keep it the same as all the other jets (which already largly overpower AA)

2) completely redesign the jet or make AA act differently towards this particular plane to keep things even.

With that said; I'm not suprised that its the same as the rest of the planes.
PRiMACORD
+190|6625|Home of the Escalade Herds

E7IX3R wrote:

Stomper_40k wrote:

I cant stress how much the gun sucks. They wont patch it to make it better, they will leave it as it is and come up with some BS excuse why it sucks.

Here is a good comparison

Gatling gun = Nerfed BH minigun
Vs
Tank = Infantry.

Same results.
Yep, best to play USI mod for a good a-10. The A-10 in that sounds a lot cooler to
Spookyboy
+5|6650
yeah i gotta agree with most of you, i am dissappointed to see that the a-10 has been wussyfied, but at the same time i also agree with the guys sayin that if it was stronger, people would be complainin about how they always get wasted by it.

i'm still gunna buy AF, but mainly now for the little birds as i reckon they're gonna be serious fun.

One thing i wanna know is....why didn't EA/dice port the apache from special forces into AF???? its so wasted on that expansion. its only on one map as well isn't it??

but seriously guys, its been mentioned a few times, u should check out the USI mod. i doesn't interfere with bf2, it sets up like SF does, but the a-10 is awesome, as are the apaches. the a-10 can seriously damage a tank in one pass with cannon alone. plus it comes with 5 bombs and hellfire pods also most of the 9 FREE maps and other vehicles are awesome

lastly, Big McLargehuge, that dancing girl in ur sig......seriously distracting. i like
PekkaA
+36|6665|Finland
I haven´t had a chance to test af yet, but if A-10 isn´t so overpowered I might even consider buying it. I don´t understand you people whining about how you cant destroy everyone with a click of a button. There are already many maps where game is ruined everytime a decent pilot comes around. And if you use realism as an excuse, where are man-portable or HMMV-mounted stingers?
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6617|UCF
The idea of the A-10 like all the planes, is that its not meant to be a constant pain in the ass, like the 5 air-retarded bomb carrying planes. They are supposed to be a team's tool to remove an armored column blocking troops path.
If they made it so it can easily take out armor, then it would become another sniper fest at the airstrip. Right now, its bombs are a tactical nuke if they all land near one another, but it takes a lot of setup to pull that off, hence, its not a plane to be taken on a whim.

-pyro
philipjip
+4|6641|England
If they made the a-10 as powerfull has you guys want it the af maps whould become like that seen in Mine 1. Nobody to be seen exept where the a-10 spawns lol
Aardcore
+60|6713|USA, Arizona
In a way I'm happy the A10 is nerfed but in alot of ways I'm upset about it as well. It is supposed to be one of the most feared air-to-ground pounders to be but it's not really showing much prowess except for the bombing... but that's about it, I have yet to see an A10 take out armor with just the gun alone LOL

What I was REALLY hoping for was that the A10's were the dualseating models so there'd be a shared use of tactical air to ground annihilation and rather than the element of a good/bad pilot which can really turn the tide of battle.
Stomper_40k
Re-Incarnation. You mean re-spawn right?
+44|6645|Cardiff - Wales - UK
I think what most people are trying to say is that the main cannon on the A10 is what has made the jet famous in the first place.

What EA/Dice have done is added a jet and removed the one thing that made it so famous in the first place.

The least they could have done is make the cannon as powerful as the mini-gun was on the original Blackhawks.  At least you wouldn't have had to worry about being strafed like you could with a Blackhawk, as the jet would be constantly moving.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6843|Reykjavík, Iceland.
http://usi.jarhedz.com

Our A-10 kills a tank a 1-2 second burst, not 10-20.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6720|California

PBAsydney wrote:

well, this is ranked, so it wins.

and think for a second people, if the cannon was even CLOSE to its real potential, so many people would complain about its strenght and it would have been nerfed immediately any ways.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6843|Reykjavík, Iceland.

stryyker wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

well, this is ranked, so it wins.

and think for a second people, if the cannon was even CLOSE to its real potential, so many people would complain about its strenght and it would have been nerfed immediately any ways.
If you care about ranks go ahead and waste your money on EA...

Fun > Ranks
shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6675|Warlord/Bellevue,WA
Usi > *

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard