=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6552|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
Although it feels I've been playing this game for an age now, I've never played ver 1.0 (i.e no patches at all - I've only played 1.12 and after I think).  Even though I could just reinstall the whole game without any patches it seems eaiser to ask the veterans here what the game was like before even the first patch.....
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6778|UK
Better.
][v][artini
+31|6722|Netherlands
it was the best!
c4 throwing bunny hopping noob tubers i liked it!
mad scotsman
+177|6610|scotland
much better
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6790|England

mad scotsman wrote:

much better
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6778|UK
Lol would the person who -1'd me with the comment "no" like to come forward and make their argument? Maybe you love the vehicle drops or the crashes to desktop? Retard.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6654
Hmm, was the demo 1.0?

I started on the demo then bought the game when it was at patch 1.12.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock
It was great, lol I can remember playing it for the first couple of weeks on the originall servers plainly because I didnt know patches existed! This was my first ever PC game, now I'm never going back!
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6710|th3 unkn0wn
It wos absolutely bloody fantastic mayhem till noobs complained and killed off much of the fun with the patches. I have reason to believe that less people are playing BF2 these days cos of them patches. EA's loss to be honest with you. Whether those people still have faith in EA remains a question to be answered.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

I think I need to download the demo and go NUTS online!
I need around tree fiddy.
dop3man
I'm your pusher
+9|6739|yorkshire penisula
it was all good till 1.2 came out i think.
i remeber playin the demo tho and thinkin 'this is a bit shit' then they released 1.1 i think and that made it a bit better.but all in all i had most fun pre 1.2
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6654

DonFck wrote:

I think I need to download the demo and go NUTS online!
Memories, I remember when I first started on the demo and discovered the crane and SVD.

Kill frenzy!
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6846|Germany / Saxony
No one bitched about prone-spamming those days... Guess why...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
Duckeh
+3|6656|Middle O' England
Ver. 1.0 was really hard to play.
I mean only because the server browser didn't work.

Then for some reason they released V1.01, which must have been "If it ain't broke enough, break it more". Then they released the best patch to my knowledge within days to cancel out the first bag o' crap patch. Bring back 1.02... i would have been Staff sergeant.

Last edited by Duckeh (2006-06-05 04:57:46)

Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6766|Dallas
You know those 70 virgins the terrorists were always talking about..........
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6839
I long for the days of 1.03

I cry myself to sleep when I think of how bad this game has become as it got patched and nerfed.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6709|67.222.138.85
I think it was better except for the absolutely insane award requirements, but there sure were alot of people on this forum complaining about the 'nade launcher.
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6772|Canada, Ont
The best part was you could steal the ESSEX and Shoot up the Carrier...I guess they thought it was a goood idea to get rid of that as soon as possible... Shame.
Bird Killer
+3|6538|Seoul, South Korea
Before anyone takes the belief that 1.00 or 1.03 was the best version for Battlefield 2, please be aware of this:

We have the tendency and nature to long for the past when the present turns sour as it is now. We'll eradicate the negatives and controversial issues and display positives. Players are even revering and longing for Battlefield 2 1.22 again, and yet most of us remember how the community still vented issues and controveries to say it lightly. However, had most players been satisfied at the current state and situation of Battlefield 2, the users above would more than willingly declare Battlefield 1.00 and 1.03 as the "Dark ages" citing large amounts of bugs and inbalance that existed. A simple example could recalling your own past, how was it like when you were 12? Most would say it was great, joyful, and a facile simple life. This is assuming your childhood was lovely. And yet many won't cite the days in which they felt angry, sad, depressed, lonely, the days they got a horrible scab from falling down against the street, the days in which their parents fought against each other (verbally or physically). Of course, had the negatives overwieghed the positives, then you would ridicule your childhood.

What many here are saying is in the manner of the "good old days," except they rooted every aspect that pissed and ticked them off. Many of these players are most likely the ones who complained about:

AA missiles
Serious domination of aircrafts
Easy teamkills by simply touching a moving vehicle
UH-60 whoring
Red-Tag bug
Flag Capture bug
Grenade Launcher abuse
Deviation that would undermine some degree of skill
Browser Filter that would only limit players to use six, else it no servers would show up
Dolphin Diving
Bunny Hopping
Not knowing where the supply drop was
The prefix bug
Crazy requirements for medals and veteran/expert badges
Crazy requirement and dedication for ranks
Frequent stat-padding (more than it is right now)

There are more, and I could say more than readers here would want to know had I had access to my 1.03 Update review.

Nevertheless, don't tell me you guys forgot all these problems, bugs, and glitches. Don't tell me 1.00 and 1.03 was the "golden age" when the community was still ranting to the same degree as it now. Don't imply that you'll picture Battlefield 1.30 part of the "Good old days" by the time this game is up to version 1.40 (hopefully). Don't tell me Battlefield 2 hasn't improved at all.

Last edited by Bird Killer (2006-06-05 05:33:02)

Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6788|Bulgaria
in any case, it was much better than the current 1.3 abortion!
Bird Killer
+3|6538|Seoul, South Korea

JeSTeR_Player1 wrote:

The best part was you could steal the ESSEX and Shoot up the Carrier...I guess they thought it was a goood idea to get rid of that as soon as possible... Shame.
I don't think MEC/PLA could even steal it in beginning in Battlefield 1.00 or in the demo. I think you're confusing with those players that jump into the UH-60 and use the mini-guns to spawn rape those that are on the carrier deck.

Last edited by Bird Killer (2006-06-05 05:36:03)

SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6787|Perth, Western Australia

Bird Killer wrote:

I don't think MEC/PLA could even steal it in beginning in Battlefield 1.00 or in the demo. I think you're confusing with those players that jump into the UH-60 and use the mini-guns to spawn rape those that spawn on the carrier deck.
OMG I did that once, like a week before internode put a rule in place stopping it (hmm, funny that)

I got many kills from it
voltage
+46|6842|Sweden
No wake map.

Players were hypersensitive by touches from vehicles, if one pixel of your teammate would get adjacent to a pixel of your vehicle he would die instantly - with the accompanying punish.

First unlock at 1000 points, second unlock at 10000, third at 25000 IIRC.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6696|Howell, Mi USA
Well the game wouldn't CTD when u click join, Jets dominated because AA was a joke, Everyone ran around with noobtoobs, The blackhawk totally pwned. There was no Tk for vehicles because back then everyone was still learning skillz. No h4x0r5 or glitchers.

and the BEST thing is that WAKE ISLAND DIDN'T EXIST!

Last edited by Cbass (2006-06-05 10:02:01)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
_The.Don_05
Im super serial
+58|6585|England

Burning_Monkey wrote:

I long for the days of 1.03

I cry myself to sleep when I think of how bad this game has become as it got patched and nerfed.
All i can say is UH-60 (Black hawk), mashtuur city, mini-guns. I used to get like 40 kills in those rounds, easily. However it did suck to be on the Mec team.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard