RD_The_Dog
+87|6554
Been slowly but surely working towards  sharpshooter infantry medal.  Got medic, assault, support, specops, knife and pistol out the way.  Was really dreading playing anti-tank, using up most of the hours playing commander or flying the chopper.

But......since 1.3.....the p90.......Damn that thing can mow enemies down like crazy.  Very effective at close range with its rate of fire of a gazillion bullets a second, and its not too bad at range.  Hell......even got a handful of gold medals as anti-tank.  Prefer it to the DAO.

Thoughts?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6707|Tampa Bay Florida
me too
darad0
+40|6639|Centreville, VA
As far as I know they didnt change anything except the sound.
flyinhawaiian91
+13|6659|cali usa
ya p90 is a great gun good rpm
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6644|Los Angeles, California, US.
Isnt it that, Once again, It just Fires Faster? + A new Sound, But In my Opinion, The P - 90 Was Always Good. You just had to know how to use it.

Last edited by DaReJa (2006-06-04 20:32:25)

Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
RD_The_Dog
+87|6554

darad0 wrote:

As far as I know they didnt change anything except the sound.
Rate of fire dramatically increased.  At least 50%.  Now you can kill guys 50% quicker
Des.Kmal
+917|6635|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Spearhead wrote:

me too
I love it!! I love it!! Woo hoo!!!!

Ahem... anyway, I love how it fires like 900 bullets a minutes.

Nice.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Cohammer
+61|6555
usually when i get it from a dead guy i get killed right after, seems like a good gun, its gonna be my first gun when i get BF2SF
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6702|Seattle
I'm pretty sure they upped the P90 rpm in one of the 1.2x patches actually.

It just sounded like crap so no one really liked it...
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6786|Human Meat Shield
Yeah, they boosted the ROF of the P90, I never use it, but see my self using it at long ranges, the damage of 19 really sucks though, its the same as a  pistol, but cant beat the ROF, it has 900 as does the MP-7. Still like my shotty though. I play SF alot so the P90 doesnt effect me until I go to vBF2 and Euroforces.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6803|Perth, Western Australia
They boosted the ROF many patches ago (well 2 I think it was, the one before 1.3) but they didnt change the sound effect for it. Now they did, but its still the same thing just with a different sound. I guess it does help with the feel of the gun.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6792|Noizyland

Wow. Amazing that I started up a topic ages ago which shared EXACTLY THE SAME TITLE!
It's a bit out of date now as the ROF has been changed, but still pretty thorough.
The original "The P90".
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
GuestHead
+2|6637
I <3 the P90.  About 5 more hours and I'll be eligible for expert AT.  The P90's gonna get it done for me.  I still almost like the PP-19 better.  It mostly depends on my mood.
pwned7
+53|6596

Cohammer wrote:

usually when i get it from a dead guy i get killed right after, seems like a good gun, its gonna be my first gun when i get BF2SF
hmm... i dont think that its worth it compared to the other gun. that is considering u dont have them already.
Darky
Hi..
+71|6579|Here.
P90 > Dao-12
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6786|Human Meat Shield
You have GOT to be kidding...the DAO is still supreme!!!
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6715
I have noticed that the P90 is beastly. It took me down in about 4-5 shots when I was running away at like 50m. How do i know the shots? I could hear them hit me b/c the rate of fire didn't seem to change, to me the victim neway, but the damage was kicked up. But that was only the 2nd time I was legit killed by a P90 user.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

SharkyMcshark wrote:

They boosted the ROF many patches ago (well 2 I think it was, the one before 1.3) but they didnt change the sound effect for it. Now they did, but its still the same thing just with a different sound. I guess it does help with the feel of the gun.
It definately helps with the feel.  I mean, if you can't hear the bullets, how do you know they're being fired?  When you hear the new 1.3 P90, you KNOW you're firing them.  but before it was all speculation, unless you were looking at the meter and watching them go.  pfft, but who does that?
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6666|South Korea.

RD_The_Dog wrote:

Rate of fire dramatically increased.  At least 50%.  Now you can kill guys 50% quicker
Actualy, the RPM is exactly the same as it was pre 1.3, fire rate was 900 before 1.3 and it still is. All they did was fix the sound sync. If the RPM was increased they would have mentioned it in the change notes. Thanks.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

Citizen One wrote:

RD_The_Dog wrote:

Actualy, the RPM is exactly the same as it was pre 1.3, fire rate was 900 before 1.3 and it still is. All they did was fix the sound sync. If the RPM was increased they would have mentioned it in the change notes. Thanks.
But, it still makes a difference.  If you can't hear or see the bullets exiting the gun, you're not going to know anything.

So yes, it's all in your head, but that's actually saying something.  Now people are finally realizing that hey, this P90 really ain't so bad.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6641|EU

yes, P90 is great, but still there are so few guys to play AT with me, no one likes engaging armour except jihad cars...that is so funny to see spec ops driving away with Vodnik fully loaded with c4 and get blown before he reaches the target anyway, P90 made AT playable, so you can kill some infantry without pulling out pistol. Still it is great to snipe out snipers with SRAW. There are so much advantages of AT... Hate to see maps, where all my team is formed by medics and medics...and snipers in armour.

Last edited by sdlettonieCZLV (2006-06-05 00:52:38)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6734|Riva, MD

Citizen One wrote:

RD_The_Dog wrote:

When it first came out it was 600 RPM.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6734|Riva, MD

Cohammer wrote:

That always happens to me too, lol.  It's one of those guns that makes you have bad luck for killing it's owner.
MorbidFetus
+76|6568|Ohio
Typical:

- SRAWs vehicle
*Sees enemy, switches to P-90, presses left mouse button, oh noes!!1wtfshootdammitwtf!?!?

*dead before even gettiing a shot off*

For some reason, this bitch hesitates way to long before it fires it's initial shot.
ozzie_johnson
+98|6675|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
yep i always use the p90 over the dao.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard