Squad members
- Ideal squad
- Squad formats
- Orders
- spawning
- kits

Squad leaders

How to get members
Basically, the best way to get members is become squad 1. This squad fills up within seconds of joining a server. If you weren’t quick enough to get squad 1, then make a squad as soon as you can, and then click manage squads and invite as many people as you can. Don’t stop inviting until you have 5/6.

Edit:
Using custom squad names also attracts specific users. Some times if you want a sniper squad, if you don't invite and let snipers join themselves, you will get a better sniper squad.

Giving orders
Remember to always have fresh orders that you can complete. Don’t say attack hotel once the Karkand map loads, because the MEC will all flood the Hotel etc, you have no chance. Try and get to an area with hardly enemies, and you know the commander can give you a vehicle drop or supplies. Also if you have APCs or tanks in your squad, order them to come with you. If they don’t take your orders seriously and just tank / APC whore, kick them and let another valuable member join your squad.

Spawning / Staying alive
You should always spawn at a place where you won’t get killed by a tank or sniper instantly, and you know it is close to your orders. Also keep in mind that squad members will also spawn on your location. So don’t think about your self always, make sure your squad members can spawn and have a constant attack on your orders.

You should also stay alive as much as you can, as your squad members rely on you to act as a spawn point for them. For instance you’re attacking the Suburb on Karkand and there’s a sniper and car there. You should be able to stay low and camp some where, and wait for a squad member to take out the threats, or die and spawn with a suitable kit for the task. If you die, you will have to run all the way from the left hill to the suburb again, wasting time and making it harder for you to complete your task.

VoIP
Communication is the key to a successful squad. If you have VoIP, it will be so much easier to communicate with your squad even if they don’t have a Mic. You will also be able to tell your squad where enemies are whilst you are critically wounded. They will also understand you quicker, and know exactly what you mean. If you are the squad leader of squad 1, you usually get a lot of members with a Mic any way. If you don’t have one, I suggest you go out and buy one, as it will add a whole new dimension to your game.

Squad members

Ideal squad
The ideal squad will all have VoIP, and follow orders once they are given. They will also use common sense . Check to see what kits your team mates have, and use something that you know will come in handy.

Edit:
Remember don't be scared to kick out lonewolfs and members that don't follow your orders. It's your squad, your in charge!

Squad formats
If you have the right squad format, you could be invincible. You run low on ammo and health, the medic and support come and heal and re-supply you. Your tank needs repairing, and a magic engy comes and fixes you.  I recommend these formats:

On foot:
2x Medic
1x Support
1x Sniper
1x Anti Tank
1x Assault.
Scenario: Your trying to cap the suburb on Karkand.  The assault member can throw smoke to cover you. The sniper can stay far back and pick out enemies from a safe distance as well as spot them. The medic and support make sure every one have what they need. The anti tank can come into action when a near by APC comes to stop you.

Squad in Tanks / APC / Cars
3x Engy
1x Medic
1x Support
1x Anti Tank
Scenario: You have a tank, an APC and a car. Your capturing flags, and an APC and tank comes to stop you. You are all next to each other repairing one another, and the commander drops a supply crate. Your guns over heat, and the Anti tank quickly take your position and fire a rocket. The support can give ammo the AT and vehicles. If it happens that some one has to come out of their vehicle for any reason, the medic is always there to revive them etc.

Orders
When your squad leader sends you orders, he will know that you are capable of completing the orders, and that the orders are realistic. The squad leader will expect you to follow the orders, and use the appropriate kit. It’s no use spawning as a sniper when you know there’s an APC waiting for you. If you don’t follow orders, the squad leader will usually kick you from the squad without hesitating.

Spawning
Your squad leader expects you to follow his orders, and Spawn on him. It becomes very hard for your squad to complete your task if you are not all inputting to the mission. As I have showed you some formats above, each member is vital to your squad, and will play a huge role. Even if you have no ammo, and are low on health. Your body count helps cap a flag a lot quicker. Your squad leader will usually lie low and act as a spawn point, and numbers count when you have 1 person out of action. Also spawning on your commander saves you from requesting a car or running to your destination.

Kits
As I said in the squad formats, having the right kit is vital to your squad. Having 6x Medics is no good when an APC comes along, not even your nades will stop the APC with an engy. The APC will mark you all spotted, and backup will be there in no time. You should spawn on your squad leader, commit suicide if you have to, and spawn with the right kit. In this case:

Assault to smoke the area for a retreat.

Anti tank to take out the APC.

Spec-ops to C4 the APC.

Engy to mine the APC.

This will take out the APC, or give you a safe route to leave or complete your task.

If you want anything adding in the guide, let me know please. It is my first guide.

Last edited by Blindbasher (2006-06-06 12:32:08)

joeman
Banned
+12|6560
Sweet dude.
Poppycock
+16|6562|Bellevue, NE
Yeah good work, very nice.
Blindbasher
+25|6568
Thanks for the feedback, 1karma.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6854|Kubra, Damn it!

Not bad, +1.
metal1215
+18|6665|Varsseveld, Netherlands
+1 m8
Boots
+17|6559|PA
Pretty good post for someone with 5k global pts
Cheddarmuff
+21|6671
Good stuff...when I play in squads that work together it is always much more enjoyable (and good for the points).  I wish more people wanted to work together for the betterment of team..

+1 for you..
Dr0pped
+8|6774|Ontario, Canada
Good job! I would also add that the SL should attempt to communicate with the commander using VOIP as much as possible. The best commanders I have worked for are a steady supply of information over the channel which is much more useful that the usual  "Enemy Infantry Spotted" spamming. The more you ask info of the commander, the more a good one will feed you.  +1 for a good job!
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6673|Westminster, Colorado
Teamwork FTW!

Seriously, a good squad working together can take over a round.
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6795
Featured posts anyone?

Good job bro!
Blindbasher
+25|6568
I managed to get a 6man squad with voip today, we had island 2 on karkand, and only the hotel to cap! We done this 4 times in a row
Tunacommy
+56|6640|Massachusetts, USA
sounds like it is coming from a player with a bunch more time in the game.....nice work....nice to know there are some people that like the teamwork aspect - always much more fun....although my mic does not work right now,,,so can't do that one - will try to join your squad in game sometime....
Blindbasher
+25|6568
Hmm, yesterday i had some one with MIC who wouldnt follow my orders. My orders were Spawn as anti tank or medics, and attack suburb. This idiot kept on going for Hotel, when there were 20+ Enemies there. He kept on dieing, while we capped about 4 flags. I kicked him in the end, he just wouldn't listen.
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6579|The real world
Ye this one is good
Impaqt
+37|6657|Chicago, Il
I dont see anywhere the mentioning that 5-6 pubbers in a squad are NEVER going to follow all your orders....   +1 for the effort.....  and its a nice guide if you KNOW the people you are squadding with.

Join a Clan, Get some buddies from Work/School, get Familiar with who you are playing with and you will be infinatly better as a squad.
Dr0pped
+8|6774|Ontario, Canada

Impaqt wrote:

I dont see anywhere the mentioning that 5-6 pubbers in a squad are NEVER going to follow all your orders....   +1 for the effort.....  and its a nice guide if you KNOW the people you are squadding with.

Join a Clan, Get some buddies from Work/School, get Familiar with who you are playing with and you will be infinatly better as a squad.
I agree it's a very rare occasion when a randomly-formed squad actually functions as one. I have been pleasantly surprised when it does happen from time to time ( mebbe shocked is a better word..) and such a squad can work. But you're right, form one with folks you  know.
Blindbasher
+25|6568

Impaqt wrote:

Well usally, i ask them to spawn on me, and usally they have a mic. If i ask them x amount of times, and they refuse, i remove them, and invite new people.
Impaqt
+37|6657|Chicago, Il

Blindbasher wrote:

Well usally, i ask them to spawn on me, and usally they have a mic. If i ask them x amount of times, and they refuse, i remove them, and invite new people.
Add that to the guide.....

DOne be afraid to Kick people out of your squad if they are really lonewolfs. 

Also, there is no reason not to lock the squad once you have a good group together.
Wraith
+30|6599
One other thing I'd mention is that if you call your squad "teamwork" (or something similar), you will tend to get more people joining, and those that join are often the ones willing to use teamwork.

Other than that, great guide.

Wraith
lynxlyran
+15|6663
I don't know. It's an ok guide for starters. I give it 5/10.

It didn't answer my stupid question which is. How exactly do you give the squad an order to attack someplace? I get to the orders but I don't know how to place the marker anywhere except where I am as SL.

I also totally disagree with the squad makeup. For Karkand you need at minimum 2 AT guys. I would pass on having a supply guy to rearm the AT's because AT guys usually die/respawn before running out of ammo and when they do live long enough to run out, I just call in a crate to re-arm them.

If I am running an APC as a SL engie. I try to get 3 AT guys and a medic or just go for 4 AT guys. With the voip I tell them when to bail and take out enemy armor.

If we are ground pounding, I will be the medic as SL and stuff the squad with at least 3 AT guys.
Blindbasher
+25|6568

lynxlyran wrote:

I don't know. It's an ok guide for starters. I give it 5/10.

It didn't answer my stupid question which is. How exactly do you give the squad an order to attack someplace? I get to the orders but I don't know how to place the marker anywhere except where I am as SL.

I also totally disagree with the squad makeup. For Karkand you need at minimum 2 AT guys. I would pass on having a supply guy to rearm the AT's because AT guys usually die/respawn before running out of ammo and when they do live long enough to run out, I just call in a crate to re-arm them.

If I am running an APC as a SL engie. I try to get 3 AT guys and a medic or just go for 4 AT guys. With the voip I tell them when to bail and take out enemy armor.

If we are ground pounding, I will be the medic as SL and stuff the squad with at least 3 AT guys.
Click the Caps lock button. Then you right click where you wana set your orders. This is basic info, very basic, thats why i did not include it.
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6602|MANCHESTERRR
sweet
Blindbasher
+25|6568

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

The Ideal foot-squad for any situation is 3 medics, 2 anti-tanks and 1 support btw.
It is always a good idea to have an assault member in the squad. These members can either flash the area for a quick escape, or smoke it so you are hidden to retreat.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard