G3 Good or Bad?

Good75%75% - 253
Bad7%7% - 26
Dunno5%5% - 19
Ban All Noobs!!!!!1110%10% - 36
Total: 334
HippieHunter
+4|6661|Virginia, USA
I like the G3, but I'll take the M16A2 with the GL more often then not. The M16 has great accuracy and can get off quick single shots with little deviation. Once the iron sights bounce up and reset it is ready for another shot in the same spot. For all things medium, close, or if I'm higher than my target I use the GL.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6592|Reisterstown, MD

The g3 is really powerful but I like the F2000 more. 
DarkNova
+7|6585
G3 is powerful in single shot mode, but I prefer AK-47 better because it's just as powerful as G3 in single shot mode with 30 bullets per clip.

Last edited by DarkNova (2006-06-03 21:18:12)

travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6701|U.S

J=MAN wrote:

spectraman wrote:

G3 + Iron Gator = bloodbath
Strangely enough, I hated the G3 until 'rediscovering' it a month or two ago, and it was on that very map.

Now? From my cold dead hands!
Same for me i love it now after killing about 20 people in a row almost i have also learned that its better than f 2000. i use it instead of ak101 for accuracy
Cohammer
+61|6540
i perfer high damage weapons over lower with more accuracy, because i get 2-3 shots off before he notices me and then hes already dead
Sgt.Zubie
+77|6577

Kmal1 wrote:

[RTC]invaderzim69 wrote:

Great gun, i only started to used it recently and i just got vet. assult with it its like a mini version of the PKM.
.... NO! It's not THAT noob. Lol, not nearly as accurate nor as poweful. So.... no.

I have been recently killed by the G3 more than normal, used to - I wouldnt even die in a single day by it. But now, more than a couple times a round.
It seems to me to be a mini PKM...I haven't used it much yet though.

Last edited by Sgt.Zubie (2006-06-03 21:52:14)

Xietsu
Banned
+50|6558
AK101 is about as strong as the G3 but less accurate, although it has more ammmmoosss O_o. I think either is a good choice, 'cause you get the 'nades wif duh '101.
Poppycock
+16|6545|Bellevue, NE
The few times I play Assualt I use the G3, its the best of that kit IMO. but for the most part I whore the AT....
Evil_Apu
+40|6585|Denmark
I really dont like it, I mostly get killed when I am wearing it. Jumps way too much.

Um, isnt it as powerfull as SVD?
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6674|Colorado
Its a great gun that hasn't caught on with alot of people yet, mostly cause they nerfed the noobtube & everyone was like "WTF, I'll never use assualt again!"
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6558
Dude, the rifle nades haven't even been nerfed, and I still think they need to be 'cause it's retarded as hell. They said they instated the minimum arming distance (which is what such systems actually have), but they haven't !
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6829|Australia

Adams_BJ wrote:

i dont use it much, but love it!
i dont either, somedays im ok, some days cant hit a barn...
The1_Knightmare
Alt+F4 For God-Mode
+14|6628
G3 is good. It is one of the only 3 weapons, excluding snipers and shotties) to kill in 3 shots or 4 on armoured. The others being PKM and AK47.

I dont mind the clip size, if im in a fire fight, im gonna kill someone in less than 20 bullets, then i'll reload. The disadvanatged is the grenade launcher. I love n00b tubing.

BTW, AK47 + L85A2 owns G3 .
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6719|Riva, MD

Xietsu wrote:

Dude, the rifle nades haven't even been nerfed, and I still think they need to be 'cause it's retarded as hell. They said they instated the minimum arming distance (which is what such systems actually have), but they haven't !
You may not have noticed but at point blank they actually bounce off stuff and then explode.  Plus, there's nothing to complain about because the n00b toobing days are pretty much over.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6783

g3 is most dominant gun in game until you consider ammo (clip size and number of clips).

its called balance.
EarlOfBronze
A Wolf Among Lambs
+19|6522
Fantastic gun, but hold down the trigger and there'll be an outline of your target on the wall behind him.
Single shot mode a must.
Anubis5289
Jaffa Kree
+55|6760|Campbeltown, Scotland
I find that somedays im good with it and other times i cant hit anything.

Anubis
ToXiC888
Cal players > BF2s
+40|6586|Columbus,Ohio-THE Ohio State U

gburndred wrote:

Powerful, can be a deadly weapon for long range combat (single shot)
hmmm I voted bad because its supposed to be one of the most accurate guns in the game, but I can never seem to hit anything long range, especially when proned.(I kno how to shoot too)  Its alright in close range on single shot, kinda like the AK, taking only about 3 single shots to kill a healthy enemy w/o body armor.
Stomper_40k
Re-Incarnation. You mean re-spawn right?
+44|6647|Cardiff - Wales - UK

=DBD=TITAN126 wrote:

I never really liked assault until I discovered the G3. It's such a great gun, I'm surprised all of the n00bs aren't posting stupid threads to nerf it.
Don't go giving them ideas
-=256=-Evo_Wales
The New Evolution in gaming...
+14|6759|Cardiff, Wales
Used it for most of my Assault hours, really nice weapon, has a good 'feel' to it. Only thing that took me away from Assault was the G36E

Also prefer normal nades to the noob toob
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6831
Bad.
Don't get me wrong, it's an ok gun, decent accuracy and damage, but you ain't going to be doing alot of assaulting with 20 bullet clips and no tube. For crazed solo assaults on well defended flags, nothing cuts through em at close range like the AK.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6582|Melbourne, Australia.
Its an unlock...so...bad
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6529|London (At Heart)

I haven't used it much but when I do I love it.

Shem
Bernadictus
+1,055|6739

G3, single shot goodness, spray is average, ammo is just buggy, i prefer the ak101 over it for multiple target engagement.
Hellmoto
+5|6700|Raufoss, Norway
It was my first unlock. Great weapon to start with. The power of it is extreme, but the low ammo counts makes you trow away many half full clips. G3 is the best close combat weapon of the game!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard