CaptZoltars
+2|6612
Hopefully this won't be taken as a whine. I come to this site for ALL my info on this wonderful game. I also "skim" through the forums, to pick up hints, generally, trying to learn to play the game better.

Today I come across this post and couldn't agree more. Yes, I'm, ticked that this latest patch has caused inconveniences, even to me, but I remember playing other EA games which they sold and just hung it out too dry! Here at least, they are tweaking the game, trying to make it better and yes granted, this latest patch has people scratching their heads!

Remember PA?(pacific Assault) I went out and bought that game the day it was released and was one of approx. 400 ppl, on the planet that could play that game!!
  They completely missed the boat with that game, great game but no-one could play it!!

I played the demo for BF2 for 2 months first, before I went out and purchased it, after my experience with PA. I purchased SF and hardly play it although a couple of the maps are great, I've recently got "hooked" on Wake and just can't seem to leave that map!!

I realize that EA and Dice "duded and dudettes" come here too. All I ask is to rectify the last patch and we will see you on the battlefield!!

Ol Capt Zolts!  Cheers
Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6554|Washington

DonFck wrote:

You have some good points there. Although..

If you purchase a product, whether it's a car, computer, chair, stapler or in this case, software, you should expect it to perform to its full extent. If the product is one that is expected to, at some point, need eventual service, or in this case upgrading, you'd expect the upgrade/patch to have increased the performance and functionality of your product.

In this case the 1.3 patch has raised eyebrows regarding the performance and playability of the game. Patching/upgrading have made the functionality of the game worse, although we can be quite positive that this wasn't EA/Dice's intention (That would just be bad marketing).

Yes, it's an excellent game and yes, I'm still playing it. However, it IS understandable that upgrading, bug-fixing etc. have lead to issues with many gamers (consumers of their purchased product), which make it unbearable for them to play a game which they love!

So, out of the consumers perspective, I must say that a hotfix is needed, just for company image's sake.

P.S. Canada, or Sweden...?
thats what i as thinking bug in the game i can deal with thats no big deal, but when i have to try to load a server 5 times just to get into one because every time i click join game it crashes to my desktop is a little extreme... why am i here reading and posting on these forums atm.. well... my game crashed to the desktop again. just trying to get some games in before bed but i dont knwo if its going to happen tonight.

and for the peopel who complain about the peopel complaining'

doesn't everyone complain about things they dont like or have a different opinion on. of course hundreds of people go on forums to tell others whats on there mind. isn't that what we all do when theres a major issue on something we all spend so much time of our lives on ?

Last edited by Spider1980 (2006-06-03 02:01:00)

ashleyhall
+15|6695|Somerset
s already pointed out, that this whole post is dedicated to whining about people who whine too much....
No you're wrong, this thread is aimed at gathering a little bit of respect for the two companies that brought this game to you in the first place, and stop quieten those slagging off two incredibly talented software houses and give them a little bit of karma!!

when did you first buy the game, ashleyhall???? I've had the game since the demo days a year ago and have played way too much for as much crap as i have to do in my meaningless life.
I bought the game when it was first released here, in November - although I also had been playing the demo prior to decide whether or not it was for me. I've amassed three UserID's through which I've evolved my play, using each to test certain weapons and tactics and so infact have over 150hrs of play - not substantial but enough to accompany my life in reality, job, girlfriend and other hobbies!!

Therefore I am certainly qualified to comment - and I emphasive once again, this isn't a thread whining about whiners, its a thread to perhaps make some with intelligent reconsider their views on EA and Dice, but I'm not naive and I don't expect all to be able to comprehend that request.

DIRECT X. Wtf do you think that whole shitload is for? It's there just for fun... NOT!
Direct X is an application developed by Microsoft who have also had their patching issues as we're all aware, it again is an additional to an existing setup, it is NOT standalone and therefore is dependent on other factors. As a developer myself of over 8 years I am qualified to comment on the implications involved in product/application/software design and the sophisticated and sometimes impossible task of testing/benchmarking on ALL possibly combinations of operating system and system setups.

p.s. And to close, if you give a f*ck about Karma or granting negative Karma for a constructive thread such as this, you blatantly are not qualified to comment. I certainly have granted positive Karma to each constructive/intelligent comment passed.
DrakeRide55
+5|6666
Patch 1.3 sucks major asss, i pay 200+ for my server and it has crashed consistantly since the patch and you would expect EA to take more care in their releases.  They make a tremendous amount of money on us, the consumer, and we deserver a better product.  Or maybe you would prefer that they put on their packaging...
PATCHES WILL CAUSE CONSTANT CRASHES< IF YOU DONT LIKE SHITTY FUTURE PATCHES< DONT BUY THE GAME.  If I would have read that I would not have purchased the game or the server or my teamspeak or my forum...
Drake
Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6554|Washington

DrakeRide55 wrote:

Patch 1.3 sucks major asss, i pay 200+ for my server and it has crashed consistantly since the patch and you would expect EA to take more care in their releases.  They make a tremendous amount of money on us, the consumer, and we deserver a better product.  Or maybe you would prefer that they put on their packaging...
PATCHES WILL CAUSE CONSTANT CRASHES< IF YOU DONT LIKE SHITTY FUTURE PATCHES< DONT BUY THE GAME.  If I would have read that I would not have purchased the game or the server or my teamspeak or my forum...
Drake
this is the best reply i have ever heard ona topic about shitty patches and i was a Hard Core RVS player
zyphlus
+8|6770
STFU about People Complaining about patch 1.3

What’s more pathetic?
Complaining about patch 1.3.

Or

Complaining about people complaining about patch 1.3

-If your machines run so well why are you reading on the patch board?  Why go out of your way to read complaints that you so ‘HATE?’  DO you enjoy reading about others misery so much?

-Can’t  you just enjoy your 'good' pathetic cpu/game performance in silence.

- SHUT THE HELL UP AND READ ANOTHER BOARD IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT.

- And the last flame would be... Read another board if you do nothing but whine about Whiners  we will not stop whining till they release the patch in 2 weeks that will fix it all.   We will whine and we won’t stop, just because you are a SPOILT LITTLE CRY BABY.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=26309  might clue u in
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6729
its not that ppl complain about the whiners... they complain about the whiners not SEARCHING then theres a billion threads about the same problem...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ashleyhall
+15|6695|Somerset
- And the last flame would be... Read another board if you do nothing but whine about Whiners  we will not stop whining till they release the patch in 2 weeks that will fix it all.   We will whine and we won’t stop, just because you are a SPOILT LITTLE CRY BABY.
Yet again, point proven, some just lack the intelligence to discuss intelligently such an issue constructively - some are also incapable of reading and interpreting a thread properly. I suggest you get back onto page 1, and reread.

This thread is about respect for EA and Dice...not whiners...

Last edited by ashleyhall (2006-06-03 06:13:19)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6643|Washington, DC

I cannot show any respect to a company that intentionally releases a crappy version of a patch (yes they had a better version WITHOUT ANY OF THESE BUGS being used by BF2RS) and expects us to take it lightly.
xxn0thing
+14|6581|WI, USA
What if I take my car in for an oil change, and I get it back only to find now the windshield wipers don't work...
Or I take it in to get the suspension upgraded, and I get it back to find the steering wheel is missing...

You get the point.

Great game, but the patches should address bugs, not add questionable "features" and creat new bugs.

But I understand...the programmers are too busy writing enough BattleMechField code for the marketing department's advertising campaign. Gotta have those gameplay trailers!

SEND US YOUR $$$

People who spent their money on a product, in good faith that it would be a working, supported product, have every right to complain. That's what forums are for after all. Complaints or praise. Comments and discussion. Blasting a fellow human for speaking his mind is worse than complaining about something that bugs you. Would you rather live in a society of perma-grin plastic people who are all walking around like happy little bunnies all the time?

Anyway, I do think that we've managed to blast the 1.3 topic plenty. Like it or not, seems we're stuck with it for the time being, and I highly doubt EA's accountants could give a rip if we like it or not. We did already give them our money, after all.
Herackles
+33|6639
It's Capitalism Baby!!  Ain't It Grand!!  That said...I think any reasonable person would find it difficult not to agree with what you've said xxnOthing.
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6771|Vienna, Austria

ashleyhall wrote:

Direct X is an application developed by Microsoft who have also had their patching issues as we're all aware, it again is an additional to an existing setup, it is NOT standalone and therefore is dependent on other factors. As a developer myself of over 8 years I am qualified to comment on the implications involved in product/application/software design and the sophisticated and sometimes impossible task of testing/benchmarking on ALL possibly combinations of operating system and system setups.
This is not about the problems of Direct X itself, but what I wanted to say is, that it's not the same as back then, when there was no Direct X and you had to code all those interfaces yourself. Direct X has made everything ALOT easier and enables even a mediocre programmer to take advantage of it's features. So the "oh shit yea, your system doesn't work so good with it" doesn't count too much anymore.

Last edited by Vintageologist (2006-06-03 08:20:51)

comet241
+164|6778|Normal, IL

honestly, my respect went out the window for EA and DICE when they not only failed to fix the things they said they were going to fix (reb/blue glitch has been around since 1.0 and they have promised to fix it in every patch), but they also created new ones too (server crashes in 1.3 for example).

I didn't care about the red/blue glitch to be honest, it was a problem, but i accepted it. The respect was lost when i was lied to. I also lost respect when they completely failed to listen to the community. For example, squad hopping. I personally didn't squad hop that much ever and couldn't care less if it was removed or not.... However, there was a massive petition out there and much complaining by many respected members of the BF2 community, and EA continued on with their plans. Not only that, but they also tossed in dropping magical 2-ton vehicles from thin air, because we know EVERYBODY was clamoring for that. We ALL wanted vehicles to drop from the air. Since 1.3, i rarely see a vehicle dropped for a friendly, they are almost exclusively used for nefarious purposes.

This is why I have lost respect for EA games, and this is also the same reason that a lot of people lost their respect too. Some are whining, yes, but most, like me, are trying to get our point across that we bought the game a year ago as 1.0 and loved it, which is why we are still playing it.... but we are saddened by the direction that the game has taken. Frankly, this isn't the game we purchased and fell in love with. We just want what we once had back.
xxn0thing
+14|6581|WI, USA

comet241 wrote:

honestly, my respect went out the window for EA and DICE when they not only failed to fix the things they said they were going to fix (reb/blue glitch has been around since 1.0 and they have promised to fix it in every patch), but they also created new ones too (server crashes in 1.3 for example).

I didn't care about the red/blue glitch to be honest, it was a problem, but i accepted it. The respect was lost when i was lied to. I also lost respect when they completely failed to listen to the community. For example, squad hopping. I personally didn't squad hop that much ever and couldn't care less if it was removed or not.... However, there was a massive petition out there and much complaining by many respected members of the BF2 community, and EA continued on with their plans. Not only that, but they also tossed in dropping magical 2-ton vehicles from thin air, because we know EVERYBODY was clamoring for that. We ALL wanted vehicles to drop from the air. Since 1.3, i rarely see a vehicle dropped for a friendly, they are almost exclusively used for nefarious purposes.

This is why I have lost respect for EA games, and this is also the same reason that a lot of people lost their respect too. Some are whining, yes, but most, like me, are trying to get our point across that we bought the game a year ago as 1.0 and loved it, which is why we are still playing it.... but we are saddened by the direction that the game has taken. Frankly, this isn't the game we purchased and fell in love with. We just want what we once had back.
Very well said.  :thumbsup:
joker8baller
+68|6680
I feel the game was good before they started releasing patches. Patches should not change game play but fix the  bugs.
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6771|Vienna, Austria

comet241 wrote:

As far as I have noticed, the vehicles are actually used to give a friendly a ride most of the time...
Other than that, good post.
DazBurt
Kinda Nice Guy!
+10|6675|In The Zone

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

But have you considered this... For our money we want a working product. What if the guy who invented TV did a half assed job and it cut out all the time. Would you say hey you should be grateful we have TV at all? I think not
How would you know it was half assed because you wouldn't have anything to compare it to.  That is what EA/Dice are trying to do.  And sometimes they get it wrong, so what, hopefully they will fix it.  I for one love the new tweaks that they do, it means that people constantly have to change their gameplay which makes it more enjoyable for me
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6771|Vienna, Austria

DazBurt wrote:

I for one love the new tweaks that they do, it means that people constantly have to change their gameplay which makes it more enjoyable for me
Sorry but I hear that so often and I think it's just sooo wrong. Actually, every time they adjust the gameplay, it's to aid the n00bs. I mean wtf? The best example are the planes... Back then, you had to really get on his ass until he made a mistake so you could fire your two missiles and BOOM! Gotcha! Nowadays? Hmm you do the same and fire alll your missiles but unfortunately due some strange encounter, none of them really hits him, instead 1 inch before they hit the target, they decide to take a different direction (although he was just flying straight ahead)... then, suddenly out of nowhere you are blown away by some n00b's missiles that just made a 90° in 3 feet turn and hit you... great gameplay improvement.
Or the fact that you have to go out of vehicles to cap a flag... I mean wtf? That kinda defeats the purpose of the APC. Again, great improvement.
FF off on claymores... k now you have claymores everywhere around flags with no possibility to get trough cause hand grenades won't kill them. Once again a great improvement so n00bs don't have to think if that'S a good place for a claymore.

Last edited by Vintageologist (2006-06-03 15:38:53)

SGT_FaceLift
+5|6645|Columbia, SC
Yeah its a great fucking game.  Now they need to give me a reason to play it again.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6778|Dallas

ashleyhall wrote:

You have no right to criticise their origins, being based in Canada, nor to attack their skill and abilities - yes they fooked up with the patching, but bear in mind just how many operating systems, system configurations, graphics cards and software package combinations are present throughout the worldwide userbase of this game!!
Yes I do.  Also I don't care. 

ashleyhall wrote:

NO ONE asked you to purchase the game, no one asks you to play it - that is YOUR choice, the fact that patches are available so frequently is rather rare in the IT industry, think yourselves lucky - eitherway your purchase, ownership and playing of the game is VOLUNTARY, and also consider the small sum you infact paid in the first place, £25.00 for me personally...£25 WELL SPENT as far as I'm concerned, patching or no patching.
Actually I received quite a few e-mails from EA asking, no wait...telling me to go to their site and buy BF2, buy SF, buy EF, BUY AF!!  So yes...I was asked.  I was also told.  Also I happen to work in the IT industry and I've seen first hand the results of releasing a faulty product that doesn't get fixed immediately....you lose a customer or an account.

ashleyhall wrote:

All I ask is that before attacking EA and Dice, consider the above for just one second, then perhaps continue to post your shitty pathetic immature low IQ-level attack on two incredibly talented companies that have produced potentially a 'game changing' standard looking towards the future.
I considered it for about 5 minutes and now I'm going to post my immature low IQ-level attack on two incredibly un-reliable companies that have produced a game that is hardly any different than any other FPS with the exception of a global ranking system.  Just because the next game is based in 2142 doesn't mean they are looking to the future. 

ashleyhall wrote:

And for those with very little constructive to say in response to this, don't bother responding, instead reread my post and ask someone to interpret it for you.
I try not add to the construction of a structure of stupidity and as a matter of fact, I could probably be labeled a hypocrite for even replying to the mountain of retardation you call a post.  First thing thats wrong with your worthless topic is the fact that 372343 other people have already posted this exact thing or something close to it.  The second mistake is thinking that anyone would care about what you pointed out and the third mistake was thinking anyone would give a shit about what YOU think.

Have a great day.
ashleyhall
+15|6695|Somerset
Actually I received quite a few e-mails from EA asking, no wait...telling me to go to their site and buy BF2, buy SF, buy EF, BUY AF!!  So yes...I was asked.  I was also told.  Also I happen to work in the IT industry and I've seen first hand the results of releasing a faulty product that doesn't get fixed immediately....you lose a customer or an account.
Well you're unfortunately the sucker if you're led by adverts pushing you to purchase something - marketing departments and development teams are VERY far apart, if you're led by marketing I presume your house looks like an EBay/Macdonalds/Coca-cola Franchise.

Also I happen to work in the IT industry and I've seen first hand the results of releasing a faulty product that doesn't get fixed immediately....you lose a customer or an account
Do you really? What was so incredibly substantially wrong with the first release of BattleField? It was no where near unplayable, infact I can think of VERY few defects that would put me off the game or render is a flawed product. Perhaps your software house should increase standards so as not to put out such painfully flawed software/development releases. Don't judge other companies by your own standards.

First thing thats wrong with your worthless topic is the fact that 372343 other people have already posted this exact thing or something close to it.  The second mistake is thinking that anyone would care about what you pointed out and the third mistake was thinking anyone would give a shit about what YOU think.
Well unfortunately I give very little attention to what you think, blatantly you haven't anything constructive to add based on your closing comments - perhaps it has not been explained in the past, but a forum is to vocalise FREE SPEECH and opinions that you wish to express - whether its been said a hundred, perhaps a thousand times, I have a RIGHT to express my feelings/opinions and put out any requests that I have. The majority will respond politely and constructively, there'll always however be the occasional few that are unable to do so - I see you represent Texas...

Have a great day.
Do they not say that when leaving any burger bar/macdonalds? You really are seriously 'affected'.

...but yes I will have a great day, thanks for your constructive views!
hellsy
+8|6609|Devizes, Wiltshire, UK
i hate moaning and moaners, But ashley hall really really gets to me i think am right in saying

STFU
ashleyhall
+15|6695|Somerset
i hate moaning and moaners, But ashley hall really really gets to me i think am right in saying
And how old are you? Am I right in presuming that you're up past your bedtime? Post something constructive or f*ck right off you pathetic dweeb.

Last edited by ashleyhall (2006-06-04 10:37:53)

Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6771|Vienna, Austria
Haha I love this thread, some kid just gave me -1 for my original post here with the reason being "loser". haha what a moron. Maybe I hurt hos feelings with saying that hes not mature.
Snakeyezzz
Banned
+10|6672
AshleyHALL......we dont only expect they get it right....WE DEMAND IT..........absolutely NO EXCUSE for messing up a patch with crap like this last one.

Thats right......we love the game but if you are going to make simple fundamental changes to the game then get it right......and by the way...EA STILL HASNT PATCHED THIER SERVERS with 1.3.....doesnt that tell you something right there?

Last edited by Snakeyezzz (2006-06-04 13:13:39)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard