Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6766|Cambridge (UK)

Jejjk wrote:

For being a 12 year old german, prince-exitus is pretty decent in english, dont you think?
Maybe he's older, but with typing-tourettes..
Having done a little (very easy) research, he probably is older than 12, physically anyway, but either way he's still an idiot. And it's all a little sad really.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2006-06-02 10:16:02)

OpsChief
+101|6676|Southern California
xxiv,

We have seen these arguments before....usually they prove out false because a player just gets extremely upset and grasps at any reason that he can think of to rationalize his getting owned. Occasionally as we know, a player is detected cheating so outright dismissal of an accusation is not ethical. Admin work demands maturity to keep things clean and fair. Maturity earns respect.

In the server log he eventually claims aimbot but that might have taken 3 lines instead of disrupting the game with uneeded text traffic for 8 minutes or whatever it was at that point. Choosing to step down into playground level smacktalk doesn't earn the right kind of respect, even though you are right and just. Even the accuser says only one insult, "idiot" in his first sentence and I didn't see any profanity from him.  Sadly, the responses you give can be viewed as argumentative and evasive lol. I am absolutely sure, m8, you were not trying to be evasive or you wouldn't be here posting the event. But for many people perception is reality. Basically the guy trolled your game and you fell hook, line and sinker for it.

Instead of name calling, generously spiced with profanity, lol, try this:

"What hack/cheat by which player are you detecting?".
"How many games did you detect this hack?"
"Did you capture any evidence?".
"Please go to this [url]to report it."
"Thank you and I will keep watch".

The simple list of questions is professional, demonstrate maturity, ethical adminship and will shut down any spurious accusations almost immediately, maybe before you ask the 4th question. If the accuser goes on to say you will not follow through then you can ask him to take a break for a few games to cool off and you will follow-up with him later if he decides to come back.

Keep up the good work we appreciate it
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6796|Barrington, RI
on behalf of =ST6= i would like to say that the =ST6= Manu4-ever in that dialouge is not with Seal Team 6
OpsChief

=ST6=SewerMaster wrote:

on behalf of =ST6= i would like to say that the =ST6= Manu4-ever in that dialouge is not with Seal Team 6
Sewer you bring up a good point. A month or so ago we had a case of two different servers/clans with the same or nearly the same name/acronym. I wonder is the Uf tag is used by more than one clan.....?

Maybe st6 is too! lol that would makes things alot easier, or not.
xxiv
+7|6724

OpsChief wrote:

=ST6=SewerMaster wrote:

Sewer you bring up a good point. A month or so ago we had a case of two different servers/clans with the same or nearly the same name/acronym. I wonder is the Uf tag is used by more than one clan.....?

Maybe st6 is too! lol that would makes things alot easier, or not.
wise words in your other post OpsChief and as a clan we have since discussed the management of the server and how to deal with any further incidents of this nature.

also the reason i quoted this post is there is at least one other [uf] tag/clan out there, who have visited our server in the past.
once we got past the who the hell are you ?
why are you pretending to be in our clan ?
oops really sorry didnt know about you guys. welcome blah blah blah
we havent seen them for a while but they were good guys.

back the subject of my original post
we only kicked the guy and didnt ban him but it seems as though he thinks our server is now his party zone
this was from today

[16:12:00] sEaRcH prince-exitus -> Lm00 TERROR FISH :.. IS A HACK ADMIN HERE?
TKPUNISH: +=TP=+ Maeghannas punishes +=TP=+ Cloudane for a teamkill (+=TP=+ Maeghannas has 1 punishes and 0 forgives)
[16:12:52] sEaRcH prince-exitus -> TERRORFISH WARNING NO 2 ... I WARN U 3 >TIMES < B4 ur account gets deleted
[Admin: [UF] Budball] sEaRcH prince-exitus you are not an admin now please be quiet or leave.

to be honest we are now giving him all the rope he needs
then let the powers that be deal with him.

i really just want other server admins to be aware of this idiot just incase he comes knocking on your servers door.
{CN}420
+30|6678
You can tell by his typing that he is around 12-16 years old. I wouldn't worry about it at all.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6707|67.222.138.85
If anybody cares here are his stats... http://bf2s.com/player/44503048/

.65 inf. k/d...lol

I'm impressed with the patience with which you handled it, I probably would have laughed for 30 seconds and then banned him.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

I didn't read any other comments after the original post, but here's what I have to say:

The only useful (imo) Shakespeare quote applies here. "Me thinks he doth protest too much." In other words, your clan (UF) seemed to overreact over an accusation of cheating. Why didn't you just ignore it and move on? You seemed to get pretty offended when one person made that comment. In fact, your reaction seems so unnecessary that I wouldn't be surprised if you are cheating.
xxiv
+7|6724

mtb0minime wrote:

I didn't read any other comments after the original post, but here's what I have to say:

The only useful (imo) Shakespeare quote applies here. "Me thinks he doth protest too much." In other words, your clan (UF) seemed to overreact over an accusation of cheating. Why didn't you just ignore it and move on? You seemed to get pretty offended when one person made that comment. In fact, your reaction seems so unnecessary that I wouldn't be surprised if you are cheating.
that is your personal opinion and i am not going to slate you for it
but tbh we have had a server for serval months and this is the first time we have had any issues on the server.
hence we had not talked about dealing with this kind of issue and the responses were defensive yes but it was a act of sticking up for each other as any clan would.
we have now learnt a lesson from this incident and things will be dealt with in other ways in future.
scouseclarky
+10|6581

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

If anybody cares here are his stats... http://bf2s.com/player/44503048/

.65 inf. k/d...lol

I'm impressed with the patience with which you handled it, I probably would have laughed for 30 seconds and then banned him.
wow his stats are realy crap i thought i was bad lol

he's just a nob who dos'nt like to lose so he should'nt play the game, if i get wasted in a round by better players well thats just my tougth luck, if i get annoyed i just log out for a bit drink a coffe then come back and try again. it's amazing how many ppl take this game well to seriously, it's only a game he needs to chill out or f*ck off and play with his lego and action men
j5f5ff
+11|6750
"[22:41:43] sEaRcH prince-exitus -> well if u have problems u can mail me officially: [email protected]
[22:41:44] German-General<SoN> -> the new patch sucks"

i like this.  he reveals himself as official followed by sombody complaining about the patch.   hahaha
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?
+63|6787|Meiriceá - frm 'Real Capital'

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Heck I had a couple guys From BF2rs one night in my server(atleast they claimed they were but had no tag like they have to have) The proceeded to Spawn rape the construction site on Shaq the whole round. I asked them to stop and let us bring the fight to them, they said because they were from BF2rs, they couls do as they pleased.
They were not, nor could ever be..a part of our program. I assure you that not one single Admin would act in such a manner and we certainly donot have that mindset. We would never speak as if we're holier than thou at all/Never!  We're just here to help our community of BF2 players. SS any BF2RS phonies and send em' our way:)
http://www.bf2rankedservers.com/forums/ … php?f=1011  or feel free to PM me personally BF2RS|L2|Sinny on our site or [GDC]Sinn here at BF2s PM's.

j5f5ff wrote:

"[22:41:43] sEaRcH prince-exitus -> well if u have problems u can mail me officially: [email protected]
sEaRcH prince-exitus is a complete moron and a fraud, kick/ban upon his joining your server (or feck with him as hard as you'd desire:)

Last edited by [GDC]SinnFein (2006-06-03 01:23:30)

[UF]RAM
+0|6585

mtb0minime wrote:

Very constructive

It would seem standards have slipped recently at UCLA

You might want to consider reading the other comments before you voice your opinions?

Or keep them to yourself

Last edited by [UF]RAM (2006-06-03 02:00:10)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

The guy's accuracy is 14.87%, so yeah he can't shoot for shit.

He's just crappy at the game, and distempered, try not to be too hard on him.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Merlin
+3|6555|Ireland

mtb0minime wrote:

Thats completely unfair. I have played on the [uf] server before and i found it well ran. The fact that they came on here to highlight such fuckwittery would indicate that they pride themselves in playing fair and rightly in my opinion taken umbrage at such accusations. Frankly I'm amazed at there Patience with dealing with that idiot. I would have banned him in a minute
pennangton
From Israel with love
+7|6735|Israel

xxiv wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

that is your personal opinion and i am not going to slate you for it
but tbh we have had a server for serval months and this is the first time we have had any issues on the server.
hence we had not talked about dealing with this kind of issue and the responses were defensive yes but it was a act of sticking up for each other as any clan would.
we have now learnt a lesson from this incident and things will be dealt with in other ways in future.
A sentence starts with a capital letter and ends in a full stop. (Joke)

Yes, it is annoying when people accuse you of cheating when you are not. But if you are getting called a cheater when you know you are not, I think it is a compliment.
OpsChief
xxiv,

Hey just another thought. His team was getting owned. He is trying very hard to turn the game around so...he realizes he needs to change the odds. So he begins to spam accusations to draw some of the enemy out of the fight to give his team time to recover during the temporary force imbalance. One guy takes out three enemy for 8 minutes, not bad...it is after all in the Pinciples of War to deceive and decoy your enemy.

lol naaaaa couldn't be, could it?
xxiv
+7|6724

OpsChief wrote:

xxiv,

Hey just another thought. His team was getting owned. He is trying very hard to turn the game around so...he realizes he needs to change the odds. So he begins to spam accusations to draw some of the enemy out of the fight to give his team time to recover during the temporary force imbalance. One guy takes out three enemy for 8 minutes, not bad...it is after all in the Pinciples of War to deceive and decoy your enemy.

is a good thought OpsChief but this proves otherwise

TKPUNISH: +=TP=+ Maeghannas punishes +=TP=+ Cloudane for a teamkill (+=TP=+ Maeghannas has 1 punishes and 0 forgives)
[16:12:52] sEaRcH prince-exitus -> TERRORFISH WARNING NO 2 ... I WARN U 3 >TIMES < B4 ur account gets deleted
[Admin: [UF] Budball] sEaRcH prince-exitus you are not an admin now please be quiet or leave.
tbh he isnt banned yet
just been kicked once
but he is definatley heading towards being taken off our christmas card list by pretending to be a admin in our server.
this happened yesterday but once spoken to he did behave.

Last edited by xxiv (2006-06-03 12:00:21)

OpsChief

xxiv wrote:

OpsChief wrote:

xxiv,

tbh he isnt banned yet
just been kicked once
but he is definatley heading towards being taken off our christmas card list by pretending to be a admin in our server.
lol how long did it take and were you stuck out of battle while he distracted you? Did the other team gloriously turn around a defeat or at least rally for a few minutes? lmao  m8, i was just making a humorous comment that has a bit of substance to it. Its the old head-fake move.
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6713|Norway
This guy seem to think what he's doing is funny, but I'll wager that Evenbalance doesn't. Why don't you get his data-info and send it to them and then kick/ban him from your server for impersonating an official?

This is the reason why the real BF2RS and Evenbalance people don't go out publicly, that way you know that anyone who says he's official isn't.In the end, he doesn't seem interested in the game and might be occupying a slot from someone who would like to play - that is a perfectly good excuse to kick him. Repeat offenders get banned
OpsChief

Friluftshund wrote:

This guy seem to think what he's doing is funny, but I'll wager that Evenbalance doesn't. Why don't you get his data-info and send it to them and then kick/ban him from your server for impersonating an official?

This is the reason why the real BF2RS and Evenbalance people don't go out publicly, that way you know that anyone who says he's official isn't.In the end, he doesn't seem interested in the game and might be occupying a slot from someone who would like to play - that is a perfectly good excuse to kick him. Repeat offenders get banned
If this truly is a kid and this is his first offense he may not comprehend that what he is doing is inappropriate. There aren't many but enough immature admins and hack players around to make him think it is OK to behave thay way. It would be as wrong to slam him on a first offense as he was wrong to impersonate an official. On the other hand he may be an official drunk on power and kind of hostile, or maybe just trolling to see what pops up.

I think further investigation of continued impersonation is a good idea then we will know for sure. Next time he shows up tell him to read this thread. I support helping people know how to get along instead of handing out bans (unless its busted hackers).
OpsChief

OpsChief wrote:

xxiv,

roflmao  someone just neg karm'ed me for teaching a principle of war!!!   

"-weener" is it that you don't like my sense of humor or you don't like creative applications of the Prinicples of War, or maybe the 'impossibility' of a kid that talks like that actually caring that his team wins or loses?
l41e
+677|6648

This guy is sick of getting owned and wants some respect...wrong place to get some, especially by being a dickhead and posing as PB staff.
xxiv
+7|6724

OpsChief wrote:

xxiv wrote:

OpsChief wrote:

xxiv,

tbh he isnt banned yet
just been kicked once
lol how long did it take and were you stuck out of battle while he distracted you? Did the other team gloriously turn around a defeat or at least rally for a few minutes? lmao  m8, i was just making a humorous comment that has a bit of substance to it. Its the old head-fake move.
I was the squad leader and due to the new patch i was sat just out the way so the fallen from my squad could get back into battle soon.
so it was no distraction for me
OpsChief

xxiv wrote:

OpsChief wrote:

xxiv wrote:

OpsChief wrote:

xxiv,

tbh he isnt banned yet
just been kicked once
I was the squad leader and due to the new patch i was sat just out the way so the fallen from my squad could get back into battle soon.
so it was no distraction for me
Then he failed!! IF that is what he was trying to do. lol  you guys were too good

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard