WarmPudgy
+41|6603|Arkansas
i seriously think the wii is gunna blow everything out of the water

i was already wanting one, but after i saw this video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … &q=wii

i just feel like my life will be empty with out it

man how freaking awesome will it be to actually play with link's sword, and to do combos

i think im gunna go spooge now

Last edited by WarmPudgy (2006-06-01 11:18:07)

Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6663|I smell corners
the only games I played on the Nintendo series : the duck hunt with the strange red pistol and mariokart on super nintendo...some time ago

Last edited by Polux (2006-06-01 11:26:31)

Boomer1120
Vagine Movie Thread Creator
+105|6758
not feelin that for some reason...
Janysc
+59|6699|Norway
I don't know... The only thing that looked appealing to me was the sword-fighting. But hey, innovative for once, instead of new box, controllers, and better graphics .
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6673|California
Hmmm.....

So I have to hold my arm out constantly to play the games, no regular controller?

Thats the dumbest thing Ive ever seen.

That will be interesting for about a day......

Sorry Im thinking that the system will totally fail, Its just a big DS.

A stylus type of controller? You'll never get precise aim.

I'll pass on Nintendo this time, and I dont think Ill miss that much.

Goodbye Mario......
=TFF=Omen_NataS
+60|6555

Boomer1120 wrote:

not feelin that for some reason...
Crusty
+11|6793
they gotta think about space. not everyone has enough room to swing a "golf club" or a "baseball bat". my apartment is no where near as nice or as big as any of those rooms shown haha. plus theres teh lazy people (like me) i dont want to have to get up and "run". i also think some of those moves are a bit exaggerated (especially the guy playing metriod). though i did use to do a quick draw type of thing back in the days of duckhunt. good times. i probably wont get one, just spend money upgrading my compy. though i am hurtin to get my hands on a new zelda game.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6848
It's sickening how you all are so close-minded.
You guys haven't played it, have you? How do you know if you won't have precise aim? It's basically a mouse, except motion sensitive rather than having a ball or laser roll around.
Oh yeah, and the DS beat out the PSP in sales, so if you're saying the Wii is a big DS.. the future is bright for the Wii.
I love my DS
I will love my Wii
I love Nintendo and always will.

Ican't wait to sword fight, and use one hand to slash my sword and the other hand to block with my shield, I can't wait to shoot arrows like a real bow, I can't wait to turn my hand to the side and see my gun turn on it's side.
I can't wait to play this revolutionary system that will change the way games are played. No more boring controllers. I've always gotten into my games by turning the controller while playing and now it will actually be the way the game is played.
I'll be right there with you, WarmPudgy. We'll have to hook up and play online. SSBB FTW! And Red Steel... mmmm.... and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess! and... EVERY OTHER FREAKIN GAME COMING OUT BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL FREAKIN AMAZING!
Hyper
Banned
+154|6766
*Its just a big DS*
if you only knew how amusing that is
WarmPudgy
+41|6603|Arkansas
it rediculous how close minded some people are, youre right its sickening

it looks like aiming will be no problem
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … &q=wii

the only thing i think would be hard about it will be its awkwardness, it doesnt look like you will be able to just lounge around and play zelda anymore, im gunna have to actually get off my lazy ass and slice & dice some baddies
=|A mere Shadow|=
The Anarchist
+121|6641|Britain and Damn proud of it!
I bought a GC when it came out, a gameboy advance, skipped the SP and finally got a DS, i was Disappointed by the GC, DS and GBA where ok still waiting for the good games to come out on the DS (Spore mainly) but so far the below says it all:

https://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/060512.jpg
No 1 Gooner
coopj Dependant
+98|6587|England
wowzer..just watched it all and you have to applaud the fact they pushing boundries. cos its cheaper than a ps3 and i have a 360 already i might give it a go. never had a nintendo before,borrowed my mates and played goldeneye and the first one with link(forget the name lol) anyways the sword thing could be cool. only thing is that before they have done lots of fluffy games for kiddies with fluffy wuffy bunnies and cutesy wootsy bears and all that. hope its a bit more serious this time! cheers for the find mate!....oooh zelda...that was it!! yay for my memory! lol
|DL|Krokkieboy
+16|6691
It looks great , but im getting to old for this lol.

I mean like swordfighting eachother , there will be no resistance whatsoever, so it makes no sence , nor does ducking away cause you dont have any suit with transmitters etc on yourself.

Looks fun though
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6722|67.222.138.85
Hell yes

For all you people saying you don't want to get up and actually move to play your video games, Nintendo is coming out with a on-size-fits-all controller that plugs in to the bottom of the remote, so I imagine all your games would work with the standarad controller as well. And for you people saying you've only played duck hunt, you can play that on Wii too. Have you all forgotten that the Wii will give you the abilty to download all your classic games from any Nintendo platform to play on the Wii? That will be absolutely amazing.
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6658|England

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

Hmmm.....

So I have to hold my arm out constantly to play the games, no regular controller?

Thats the dumbest thing Ive ever seen.

That will be interesting for about a day......

Sorry Im thinking that the system will totally fail, Its just a big DS.

A stylus type of controller? You'll never get precise aim.

I'll pass on Nintendo this time, and I dont think Ill miss that much.

Goodbye Mario......
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6673|California
Look dont get me wrong, I have all the systems, in fact I just picked up the NEW Super mario game for DS.
I like the DS better than my PSP also. (I only watch movies on it now, while playing BF).
The Cube only had three games I liked, RE1, RE0, and Star Wars Rogue Squadron. Its collecting dust now.
And Im not quite sure where my X Box and PS 2 are right now.
For console systems it seems only handheld are interesting.

As far as Next Gen systems....

X Box 360, Ill pass...

And that WII thingy.... I play games with you guys now (like it or not)
NOT with a bunch of people in my house.

And I smoke while I play, for like 8 hours a day.
Now I gotta STAND UP all day playing, Wigglin and swaying my arms around like some crazy wizard???

NO THANX....LOL
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6698|England and damn proud
+1 to all Ninty fans WOOOT, c'mon guys its looks awesome, i'm gonna get 1 for sure!!!
Ninty is my life (except for pc's ) Nintendo have been the people who create the good stuff and people like sony just steal it!!

NINTY 4 LIFE
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6848

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Hell yes

For all you people saying you don't want to get up and actually move to play your video games, Nintendo is coming out with a on-size-fits-all controller that plugs in to the bottom of the remote, so I imagine all your games would work with the standarad controller as well. And for you people saying you've only played duck hunt, you can play that on Wii too. Have you all forgotten that the Wii will give you the abilty to download all your classic games from any Nintendo platform to play on the Wii? That will be absolutely amazing.
Don't forget that a lot of the old Sega titles will also be available for download.
WarmPudgy
+41|6603|Arkansas

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

And that WII thingy.... I play games with you guys now (like it or not)
NOT with a bunch of people in my house.

And I smoke while I play, for like 8 hours a day.
Now I gotta STAND UP all day playing, Wigglin and swaying my arms around like some crazy wizard???

NO THANX....LOL
if youd bother to read some previous posters, you'll notice that there will be an alternative to the stylus, like a regular controler

and i cant wait to be able to play all those old nes, snes, and n64 games

there were lots of good games for the cube

f-zero, windwaker, metroid prime 1 & 2, soul calibur, super smash bro. melee, animal crossing
what was that one where you had a space ship and you had to switch from black and white? i never had that one but i played it at friends
what were some others i cant think of right now?
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6790|Nova Scotia, Canada

4 player proxy mines in the Facility for Goldeneye 64, all over again with new wicked controllers and shit?

How much, because I am SO getting one!
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6710|Mountains of West Virginia

Prodie wrote:

4 player proxy mines in the Facility for Goldeneye 64, all over again with new wicked controllers and shit?

How much, because I am SO getting one!
Haha Goldeneye was such a fucking nice game.
JE3146
+109|6586|Oregon
Absolutely perfect invention..... means all these console geeks will finally get an exercise while playing a game

The thing I saw most interesting is the FPS's in the Wii won't be joystick controlled.... you'll actually have fast reaction times again.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard