iellamo
+0|6769
tanks are way to dominate the guns needs to overheat quicker and there needs to be less ammo they also need to blow up easier. just my opinion
Major-Numb-Nuts
+0|6771
i totally agree with you

and the turret moves way to fast imo

the main cannon needs to reload slower...

and when you say the guns do you mean the mg's?
stoneisland
+20|6773|Sweden
I totally disagree. Tanks should not be changed. Thay have weak spots too and when succesfully defeating one you feel very good about yourself. Play as SpecOps and sneak up on it or play AntiTank and blow it up with rockets. Adapt and overcome.
Papa Smurf 314
Right in the Smurfin' parking lot?
+90|6770|New York
BUT, they always seem to know you're behind them and turn around.... lol BOOM, and you're awaiting to spawn again..
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6786
You probably need to be more paitient.  Wait and watch what the tanker does, and when you think you have the upperhand, then go in.  You shouldnt underestimate a guy with C4 but neither should you think yourself invinsible against a tank.  Watch, wait, and boom!
whatnot
+0|6773
It takes two AT rockets to the rear of a tank to kill it. If it has UAV support and you can't get a squad to team up against it (let's face it, no teamwork ever happens on pubs) jihad jeep 'em.
SERIES7
+-1|6784|Portland OR

whatnot wrote:

It takes two AT rockets to the rear of a tank to kill it. If it has UAV support and you can't get a squad to team up against it (let's face it, no teamwork ever happens on pubs) jihad jeep 'em.
Hey they are set to have some vulnabilty to them and if ya know how you can kill them so no changes need to be made just use team oriented game play and you will succeed.  The jihad jeep is a cool tool as well but it biols down to squad play that rules the game. But overall the game is cool where it is  and to many changes will ruin it just get better at your craft and you will see....
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

If you get a tank at a correct angle with A-T rockets you can take it out in one. About 45 degrees from the rear instead of straight at it. The damage spreads over a larger surface area.
Tanks are by no means invincable.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Brutal_Medic
+-1|6771
okay guys... there is one solution... that is the best.... first of all, this is battle field! I mean a tank is made for killing masses, and masses! why nerf them, the best thing to do is to make the waiting time longer... that way a tank woulde be more "unik" more or less a tool to assault together with the tank, because now a days I see people going upp mountains and exploring the maps with the tanks.. make the spawn time for tanks longer... 45 seconds would be good. then you would feel more "WOW I killed a tank, now it won't come again for another 45 seconds" same thing with all these helicopters... well thats all from me, take it or leave it
[CPD]588
ANTI-TANK
+0|6770|Columbus, Ga.

stoneisland wrote:

I totally disagree. Tanks should not be changed. Thay have weak spots too and when succesfully defeating one you feel very good about yourself. Play as SpecOps and sneak up on it or play AntiTank and blow it up with rockets. Adapt and overcome.
*sigh, ty stoneisland.  If they were any easier to kill they would be worthless.  If anything needs to be changed, it's the AA.  enough said.
Donnyboy
+1|6786
I would like to see

1. The ability to  hit tanks in the underside. Maybe it's just me, but when I aim there with the AT rocket (tank is nose high going over a bump), it just seems to go through the tank

2. The power of the rocket increased. You hit a helo with an at rocket and it'll do more damage than what they do in the game. 2 rockets should definitely take out pretty mutch every helo there.
Rosse_modest
+76|6776|Antwerp, Flanders
Tanks are perfect just the way they are.
They pack a lot of offensive power allowing them to cause some high casualty rates among infantry and other ground vehicles but any special forces or anti-tank soldier with half a brain (or a bit of luck) can turn that steel beast into scrap metal relatively easy...
stoneisland
+20|6773|Sweden

[CPD]588 wrote:

stoneisland wrote:

*sigh, ty stoneisland.  If they were any easier to kill they would be worthless.  If anything needs to be changed, it's the AA.  enough said.
Not really sure if you´re agreeing with me or if you didn´t read what I wrote at all. "Tanks should NOT be changed" If they are made weaker they´ll just be really slow moving deathtraps.. Sort of the MEC/China Helo. Slow flying bucket of death..
iellamo
+0|6769
it seems everytime im engineer i place a mine behind them they turn about shoot 1 shot im done.
[CPD]588
ANTI-TANK
+0|6770|Columbus, Ga.

stoneisland wrote:

[CPD]588 wrote:

stoneisland wrote:

Not really sure if you´re agreeing with me or if you didn´t read what I wrote at all. "Tanks should NOT be changed" If they are made weaker they´ll just be really slow moving deathtraps.. Sort of the MEC/China Helo. Slow flying bucket of death..
aye, i was agreeing with you
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6770|AUS, Canberra
All i can say is people need to stop crying over this game, you bought it so just enjoy it or go make your own game the way you want it!!!

the people at EA must just put there heads in there hands sometimes when they read forums and think to themselve "what the f!@k is wrong with these people? cant anyone be happy we made the dam thing???"

and if your the sort of person who cant handle things like tanks, next time you want a game get the demo play that and if you cant handle it dont buy the full version and save us all the pain of reading your cry baby posts!!!

do you think people go onto the simpsons cartoon forums and say stuff like " ummmm last night homer fell down a cliff and he didnt even die and stuff like that wrecks the show!"

as with everything in life you cant please everybody all the time so just deal with it!

Last edited by Aus heart attack (2005-10-16 01:39:15)

thinner44
+1|6809
Tanks, armoured vehicles, they are just that, armoured. What's the point of making them easy kills, you have to adjust tactics when dealing with tanks. As for turrets moving too quickly, that a 'mouse/key' sensitivity issue, I have mine on 6, so a turret will swing much faster than the defualt setting. And one shot from a tank will kill you, what did you expect.. a slight graze . There's also a use of a 'key' to be able to see 'all around' the vehicle, so don't think sneaking up behind one will get you unoticed, it's all about stealth and guile.

Aus heart attack, spot on mate, I'm with you 100%.
Sgt.Rock_Star
+1|6831
i think it should take 2 rockets to blow a tank because it takes 2 C4's to blow a tank/apc
hairydruid
+0|6768
Tanks should be left alone ...... they just need to introduce Molotov Cocktails to the game.

[url=http://bf2s.com/player/46434845/][img]http://bf2s.com/player/46434845/sig.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://bf2s.com/player/46434845/][img]http://bf2s.com/player/46434845/sig5.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://bf2s.com/player/46434845/][img]http://bf2s.com/player/46434845/sig3.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://bf2s.com/player/46434845/][img]http://bf2s.com/player/46434845/awards.jpg[/img][/url]
Israfael
+1|6795
I'm with brutal_medic, tanks shouldn't be changed but the wait time should be increased for them.  I also think there should be an inhabited vehicle kill point for tanks, apcs, helos and all that just since it is much harder to kill those than a guy on foot.
McCullough
+7|6838
The tanks are powerfull wepaons and can be extremly effective if the tank commander is skilled. But one direct hit on the top of the tank takes it out pretty easy, or 2 direct rear hits. The tanks are powerfull but yet vulnerable.
Deathsc-O-pe[CoD]
+0|6771
Tanks and apcs don't bother me too much, they can get annoying when they camp a spawn instead of taking it ,but they can be avioded pretty easily most of the time.  I don't really see the fun in only using the tank or apc because for me the real fun is in troop on troop combat or even troop on vehicle combat, sitting in a tank can get boring unless u get to take on enemy tanks.  To me the tank and apc aspect of the game are pretty realistic and when they kill me it doesn't bother me, but i don't know how realistic the firing is if it isn't realistic then by all means they should change it.  This just isn't a big issue to me if they leave it the same fine, if they decide to change it in a patch that's fine too.
Club3D
+31|6841
How about not playing with tanks and airplanes or anything?? lol Come on, the game is great as it was at first, now with all the patches is less fun, like one of these guys wrote earlier, live with it and adapt to the game, not make it on individualistic tastes!
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6809|Marathon, Florida Keys
2/3 of my deaths are from tanks......thats how much i love them....
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Deathsc-O-pe[CoD]
+0|6771
Well the expansion is suppost to concentrate more on troop combat ,which i know i will enjoy, so u guys should be looking forward to that.  I have no problem with vehicles ,but i don't use them alot either, every once in a while i'll get in one.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard