hiimkalaKILLME
+24|6593
hello all,
      wouldn't it be cool if there were weapon upgrades in bf2?  For instance, the higher the rank, the more upgrades you can put on your gun.  say, put silencer's, extended mags, have an auto pistol, THIS WOULD BE SO AWESOME......Tell me what you guyz think about this, you can also say what you might think would be good as an upgrade.

LATerZ
hiimkalaKILLME
+24|6593
who likes this idea?.....what other upgrades can you think of?
TheRealRyanRay
+22|6609|Gainesville, FL
it would be cool, but will never happen
eldiablo10
+2|6671|New Jersey
That would be amazing.
hiimkalaKILLME
+24|6593
anybody else?
TheRealRyanRay
+22|6609|Gainesville, FL
.......... then it would be like CS........... somewhat
hiimkalaKILLME
+24|6593
it would be nothing like cs, cs you just buy weapons and shoot
ComradeWho
+50|6731|Southern California
i think it would be really awesome to allow players with higher ranks the ability to customize their soldier.. diff uniforms.. rank insignia on uniform.. etc etc etc (like BF vietnam)

but i don't think high ranked players (who are usually more skilled) should be given better guns. now that i think of it it's good that most of the unlocks aren't "upgrades" as much as they are weapons which allow for more specialized gameplay.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6660|Birmingham, UK

ComradeWho wrote:

i think it would be really awesome to allow players with higher ranks the ability to customize their soldier.. diff uniforms.. rank insignia on uniform.. etc etc etc (like BF vietnam)

but i don't think high ranked players (who are usually more skilled) should be given better guns. now that i think of it it's good that most of the unlocks aren't "upgrades" as much as they are weapons which allow for more specialized gameplay.
Quite so. If what the thread-maker is proposing is taken as done, then the lower ranks would suffer badly (especially against the bigger clips idea). This would make BF2 a select community of persistant people who get destroyed, great people with skill, and people who play a lot. Some people may fall into 2 or even 3 of these categories.
Keep thinking!
Raven
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6726|Tampa Bay Florida
Too good to be true.  Scopes, silencers, upgraded pistols (DESERT EAGLE!), you name it.  I've thought of the system, this is not the first time this improvement has been suggested.

Ok, here's how it goes.  Bob here just started playing BF2.  Bob likes to play as Sniper, most of the time.  Bob just earned the rank of Corporal.  The Corporal rank comes with 2,000 "Buy" points.  In other words, it's MONEY that Bob can spend on ANYTHING he wants. 

For each kit, there are maybe 40 or 50 items/weapons/whatever that you can add to your kit.  But, just like in BF2142, you can only carry 3, 4, or 5 items at one time, depending on their level.  You can choose your items from a list in the same fashion you would choose a spawnpoint. Bob wants to buy an L96A1, with an upgraded scope that will allow him to zoom in farther than the regular scopes.  Unfortunately for Bob, an L96A1 costs 10,000 points, while the extended scope costs 2,500.  He will not be able to buy an L96A1 until he is AT LEAST at the rank of Staff Sergeant.  Poor Bob.

Ok, so major/important weapons will cost A LOT.  A G36E for a medic would cost him 11,500.  Grenades for a Medic would cost him 1,500.  Assault players can add tear gas grenades to their arsenal for 5,000.  But, they should probably also buy a Gas Mask (staple item, only 1,000). 

See how it would work?  Like I said though, too good to be true.

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-06-01 01:38:00)

randompants
+3|6607

Spearhead wrote:

Too good to be true.  Scopes, silencers, upgraded pistols (DESERT EAGLE!), you name it.  I've thought of the system, this is not the first time this improvement has been suggested.

Ok, here's how it goes.  Bob here just started playing BF2.  Bob likes to play as Sniper, most of the time.  Bob just earned the rank of Corporal.  The Corporal rank comes with 2,000 "Buy" points.  In other words, it's MONEY that Bob can spend on ANYTHING he wants. 

For each kit, there are maybe 40 or 50 items/weapons/whatever that you can add to your kit.  But, just like in BF2142, you can only carry 3, 4, or 5 items at one time, depending on their level.  You can choose your items from a list in the same fashion you would choose a spawnpoint. Bob wants to buy an L96A1, with an upgraded scope that will allow him to zoom in farther than the regular scopes.  Unfortunately for Bob, an L96A1 costs 10,000 points, while the extended scope costs 2,500.  He will not be able to buy an L96A1 until he is AT LEAST at the rank of Staff Sergeant.  Poor Bob.

Ok, so major/important weapons will cost A LOT.  A G36E for a medic would cost him 11,500.  Grenades for a Medic would cost him 1,500.  Assault players can add tear gas grenades to their arsenal for 5,000.  But, they should probably also buy a Gas Mask (staple item, only 1,000). 

See how it would work?  Like I said though, too good to be true.
shut up.
Sambuccashake
+126|6647|Sweden

ComradeWho wrote:

And it's post like this that are worth +1
Bernadictus
+1,055|6773

randompants wrote:

shut up.
I say > Ban.

The idea sounds cool, but then you would put in too much RPG like elements, while BF2 is generally a tactical *cough* FPS.

Last edited by Bernadictus (2006-06-01 03:12:31)

Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6881|Germany / Saxony
I´d upgrade a GP-30 to my Medic-AK-101...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
scouseclarky
+10|6618
it would be good however it could also be seen as penalizing lower ranks as upgraded weapons would give the higher ranks a bigger advantage. i do think that sniper rifles should be fitted with silencers though or the assault rifles should be fitted with scopes as most are in real life
MrE`158
+103|6659
I don't like the idea of upgrades, as such, but getting access to new options on weapons could be cool.

As has been pointed out, handing straight-up better weapons to the players with the highest rank simply increases the gap between them and the new players.

But, what if the new options had drawbacks?

For example, it's possible to put a silencer/suppressor on an M4 carbine.  This would have the benefit of making the gun much quieter, allowing the spec-ops guy running around with his modified M4 to be a lot stealthier when picking off enemy troops.  However, the suppressor (and the accompanying 'silenced' sub-sonic rounds) take a lot of the punch out of the weapon.  While you're now a super-quiet soldier, your carbine's lost a lot of range, and probably has a lower damage on it.

Balanced out stuff like that would be a lot fairer all round, and more in keeping with the current system, where each weapon has its own merits.  (G3's got loads of power, but a tiny magazine, the AK's have high damage, but lose accuracy like nothing else when rapid-firing, etc...)
Darky
Hi..
+71|6598|Here.
In AA the system works where you can only modify your weapon if you have fully passed the SF training. From there, you could have 5 different loadouts on the M4, which you could select at random. Stuff like the silencer whilst stealthing your shots, would remove the damage per round.

A similar system may work in BF2, but not to the point where a med could add a GL or a silencer to their weapon. Each class would have restrictions on what mods they could add. For example, a support player could add a bipod to the weapon which would increase the accuracy whilst firing, yet could only be deployed whilst prone and would prevent movement (also removing the bunny hopping).

The system would be based on class, not ranks or points. In the assault class, you could choose to add a 4x ACOG (or equivalent), yet it would reduce your accuracy at close range distances. Snipers could add bipods, or maybe a supressor, once again preventing movement, or long range sniping respectively.

It could work, but I doubt we'd see it, and it probably wouldnt appeal to the masses.
Kontrolfreq
+50|6641|Cambridge UK
You'll be able to do this in 2142 i think... the game not the year!
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6663|Warlord
Bad idea for the reason mentioned: gives people with more time in the game (and hence more experience) a definite leg-up over the nubs who already have a bit of an uphill battle on their hands.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6743|67.222.138.85
I have to agree with the people saying no. Think about it, the people with all the buy points are probably the ones with enough skill not to need them, but instead your handing them some uber G36E with a scope, nade launcher, and flash supressor running around the map and raping everyone worse than the tank.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6726|Tampa Bay Florida
No --- you missed my point.

Only certain items will be available to each class.  Assault would still be the only kit that would be able to get a grenade launcher.  Spec-Ops and Snipers would be the only ones to get suppressors.

In other words, it won't give too much of an advantage, but it'll be enough to at least make the game feel personal and besides, it would add a lot of extra material.  Quite frankly I'm getting a little bored with BF2.  If I could switch it up with the equipment, I don't think I would be. 

Besides, a G36e would be so expensive, they would have practically no other equipment for any other kit.  Get what I'm saying?

I play as Assault all of the time, but sometimes I don't like to have the GL, I want regular nades instead.  And I want them while I'm owning it up with my M16.  So you would have the option of taking it on or off. 

Besides, most red dot scopes are worse for distance shooting than the regular sights are-- such as the SCAR-L/G36c comparison.

Sorry for thinking creatively.

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-06-01 08:48:00)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard