Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6847
Michael Moore is being Sued for $85,000,000 by Veterans for taking their Quotes out of Context.

He refereed to his movies as "Op Ed pieces, Not Documentaries " so he could not be sued for any misrepresentations of facts or deliberately misleading people.

At the slightest inspection you can spot the Drama added for effect in any of his "Art ? "
The Famous "Deer in the Head lights" "thousand yard stare" And lethargic movements You see Bush doing upon hearing of the WTC was achieved by slowing the Tape down to 1/3 its speed.

Moore said "this heightened the Drama of the event. "

When he calls out Charlton Heston, The camera is in front of him getting a close ups of his face, yet no cameras are seen in front of him in the Rear angle shots of the event.

Later he admitted adding " the close ups" and confrontational " dialogue in a studio."

( Was he afraid of an 86 year old man? )

Now he is being sued by the Vets he interviewed in the VA Hospital for his art film " Fahrenheit 911 "
" For aking their quotes out of context. For twisting their words and editing what they said to make it fit his views and goals."

The Vets seemed pissed.

Moore would not comment.

PS Perhaps he is in a studio coming up with some special effects to make his retort seem extra manly.

For what its worth I don't like the guy, I admit it.
yerded
Bertinator
+255|6646|Westminster, California
Can I sue him for being a obese retarded anti-American Zealot?
eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP
+119|6853|Sacramento, Cal
lolz
Viper38
+118|6680
Michael Moore is a fool. His films damage the causes he claims to support

Last edited by Viper38 (2006-05-31 15:27:48)

Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6664|United States of America
I thought he was being sued for eating on of them.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6559|Southeastern USA
Funny how everyone was calling his pieces documentaries at the film festivals and awards banquets. What a whiny bitch, I love how he said he would never own stock or take part in wall street, yet he gets paid in stock options.
Capt. Foley
+155|6597|Allentown, PA, USA
He cant help the fact that hes a dumb ass mother fucker, don't make fun of him for it.
Major_Spittle
Banned

Capt. Foley wrote:

He cant help the fact that hes a dumb ass mother fucker, don't make fun of him for it.
He's Canadian, if we don't make fun of him he'll think we like him.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6663
Horseman 77 is being sued for misrepresenting the news to suit his own aims. 
-A single veteran is bringing the case, saying that him and his wife suffer $85 million worth of trauma because he claims he is quoted out of context
-Horsey still won't stop going on about of a few seconds in a whole film which was blatantly and obviously slowed down, and gave time for the voice over.
-Charlton Heston is clearly a lunatic anyway, and so what if they add continuity shots or re-dubbed parts, this is common practice in many documentaries and news reports. 
-If people don't want what they said to be used in the same context that they spoke them in, they they should know better than to talk to a camera.  I for one don't even remember that bit of the film, but going by the quote of the dialog used, I severely doubt that the guy suffered any loss of reputation, seeing as he only appeared in the film for a few moments and wasn't actually described as being opposed to the war in any narrative, and couldn't be inferred to be opposed to the war from the quote which was used. And in fact, by the time it even came out on DVD he had put his position straight in Fahrenhype 9/11.
-The message is not invalidated because people like Horseman refuse to hear it, instead focusing on whether they 'like' the person presenting it, even if they think it is.

...and you just wish he was Canadian, Major_Spittle.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6559|Southeastern USA
I was referring to being jealous of your karma score foley, I tried to find a way to list members by karma rank to see where you stand, but I'm a forum noob. I just hope that one day I, too, can piss that many ppl off.

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-05-31 16:17:47)

Major_Spittle
Banned

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

I wish he was thin, Europeans see him and think all Americans are fat, lazy, and stupid.

Last edited by Major_Spittle (2006-05-31 16:21:35)

UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6663

Major_Spittle wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

I wish he was thin, Europeans see him and think all Americans are fat, lazy, and stupid.
Really?  I thought America's biggest export was anorexia. Well, films and general pop culture with lots of anorexic females.  Do you wish Santa was thin too?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6565

Viper38 wrote:

Michael Moore is a fool. His films damage the causes he claims to support
Seconded. He's an embarrassment. It's quite unfortunate cos he gets used as a stereotype of your typical anti-Bushite.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6703|San Francisco
I feel that his films stand up on their own as really well directed documentaries or op-ed pieces.  If you watch Fahrenheit, Bowling for Columbine, or Roger and Me and turn yourself off to the politics, the films themselves are extremely well done.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6653

Horseman 77 wrote:

Michael Moore is being Sued for $85,000,000 by Veterans for taking their Quotes out of Context.

He refereed to his movies as "Op Ed pieces, Not Documentaries " so he could not be sued for any misrepresentations of facts or deliberately misleading people.

At the slightest inspection you can spot the Drama added for effect in any of his "Art ? "
The Famous "Deer in the Head lights" "thousand yard stare" And lethargic movements You see Bush doing upon hearing of the WTC was achieved by slowing the Tape down to 1/3 its speed.

Moore said "this heightened the Drama of the event. "

When he calls out Charlton Heston, The camera is in front of him getting a close ups of his face, yet no cameras are seen in front of him in the Rear angle shots of the event.

Later he admitted adding " the close ups" and confrontational " dialogue in a studio."

( Was he afraid of an 86 year old man? )

Now he is being sued by the Vets he interviewed in the VA Hospital for his art film " Fahrenheit 911 "
" For aking their quotes out of context. For twisting their words and editing what they said to make it fit his views and goals."

The Vets seemed pissed.

Moore would not comment.

PS Perhaps he is in a studio coming up with some special effects to make his retort seem extra manly.

For what its worth I don't like the guy, I admit it.
thats why they told us to never talk to the media.  I hate peice of shit reporters.
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6642|Sin City

I agree. He is a pompus ass that is making money off of the war and terrorist attacks. If he had any talent he would have made his point without editing any of his movie. Fat piece of crap.......maybe if we are lucky he will choke on a twinkie.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6847
The cheese stands alone! Roflmao
Husker~ifh~
Beer Consumption Expert
+25|6740|Beerville, USA
Michael Moore... ppffffffffft!!!
allfive6
+18|6714|Victoria BC or Karkand
I love how you guys have to attack the man's weight for the message he sent with his movie's just show's how stupied you are when you cannot defend your point without attacking someone weight. I would also like to know the sourse of this claim. Remember the truth sometimes hurts and is not what we want to heard but that still does not make it untrue.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6571
He's a propagandist, and a damn good one, which is why I hate him.  I prefer people to make points based on the merit of their arguments.  Having said that, the right have theirs, maybe the left needs a couple too.  Doesn't mean I have to like it, tho.....................
yerded
Bertinator
+255|6646|Westminster, California

allfive6 wrote:

I love how you guys have to attack the man's weight for the message he sent with his movie's just show's how stupied you are when you cannot defend your point without attacking someone weight. I would also like to know the sourse of this claim. Remember the truth sometimes hurts and is not what we want to heard but that still does not make it untrue.
Okay, he's a misguided anti-American zealot fuktard who can put together a coherent propaganda piece, who is also a bloated maggoty piece of shit.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6729|California

michael moore = fatass noob antihaxor
Fred[OZ75]
Jihad Jeep Driver
+19|6769|Perth, Western Australia
Sure Michael Moore is a propagandist, but he makes amusing movies which make plenty of cash... I think the US right wing are just pissed off they have no one similar. Think you actually need a sense of humor to be able to create something like Michael Moore does.
allfive6
+18|6714|Victoria BC or Karkand

yerded wrote:

allfive6 wrote:

Okay, he's a misguided anti-American zealot fuktard who can put together a coherent propaganda piece, who is also a bloated maggoty piece of shit.
thank you for proven my point
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6710
Is it possible to have one discussion without being reduced to ad hominem attacks? Really, if you have a problem with Michael moores work, talk about his work and not his body fat percentage.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard