uber73
+188|6754|Brisbane
How often have u been AT, fired 2 rockets at a tank, only to see a 3rd whizz in and steal your kill.  U waste 40% of your ammo, expose yourself (oo-er) to the enemy, and get no credit for your effort.  Its the heaviest class, slowest moving, no nades, and its primary weapons are more or less short range.

If support can simply lob ammo bags around and get free team points, shouldnt AT be rewarded more?  I used to swear that the DAO was the best weapon in the game, but the more i use it, the less i feel this. (shotgun rules the land)  To me, these days, AT class feels more of a last ditch class to choose, like if u are penned into your teams last flagzone.. 

If AT was incentivised with team points for armour damage, that would make it a different proposition..
][v][artini
+31|6722|Netherlands
AT is more the kit that doesn't plays a round for teampoints, but mostly only for saving his folks for the tanks and apc (or heli's)... so if u wanna get teampoints just take someone elses kit and start giving ammo or heal bags away... or start repairing ur team vehicles...
[tlv]TDL
+7|6660
Yeah, I think more people would have used the AT class then. Maybe 4 points for taking out an armor.
uber73
+188|6754|Brisbane

][v][artini wrote:

AT is more the kit that doesn't plays a round for teampoints, but mostly only for saving his folks for the tanks and apc (or heli's)... so if u wanna get teampoints just take someone elses kit and start giving ammo or heal bags away... or start repairing ur team vehicles...
why should one class be excluded from earning points? 
u basically described a hero role/class... why wouldnt u reward a hero?

u have just gotten used to it not earning points.

[tlv]TDL wrote:

Yeah, I think more people would have used the AT class then. Maybe 4 points for taking out an armor.
im thinking more along the lines of, 1 point per rocket damage

Last edited by uber73 (2006-05-30 06:06:51)

ATC
+58|6746|...
hitting a tank is combat. not teamwork. NO even tho i luv AT still, teampoints for doing combat?
Roadhog_Uk
Artillery Magnet
+9|6548|Plymouth, England
You should find that you get a 'kill damage assist' point but I find it annoying as well!!

I think that the person that's done the most damage to an opponent should get the kill points & whoever helps should get the assist but hey - we all know the game ain't perfect
][v][artini
+31|6722|Netherlands

uber73 wrote:

][v][artini wrote:

[tlv]TDL wrote:

maybe the hero's should get mines and grenades too, making them more powerfull... they then can also get more points...
and, they can always cap flags if they wanna have teampoints...
BUT why should AT get 4 points for 1 kill?
die the spec ops have to get 4 points also?
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6696|Howell, Mi USA

uber73 wrote:

How often have u been AT, fired 2 rockets at a tank, only to see a 3rd whizz in and steal your kill.  U waste 40% of your ammo, expose yourself (oo-er) to the enemy, and get no credit for your effort.  Its the heaviest class, slowest moving, no nades, and its primary weapons are more or less short range.

If support can simply lob ammo bags around and get free team points, shouldnt AT be rewarded more?  I used to swear that the DAO was the best weapon in the game, but the more i use it, the less i feel this. (shotgun rules the land)  To me, these days, AT class feels more of a last ditch class to choose, like if u are penned into your teams last flagzone.. 

If AT was incentivised with team points for armour damage, that would make it a different proposition..
That sounds like the story of my AT career. Never frickin fails, manage to get a couple AT hits only to have another AT rocket, friendly armor/APC, or random arty shell come in a steal my kill. it sucks, all that work for nothing. Ur right there should be more points for that.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
whilsky
FUBAR
+129|6569|Bristol UK
I agree, if you AT you should get some comp for yor effort, for example your with you squad an apc rocks up, the squad all go to hide while the apc chalks up the land, you take cover fire a an
AT rocket, that takes the heat of the squad, as the apc's got a little problem to deal with, your about to let another AT rocket go and wammmm some one else has taken the apc or what ever out, you've done the hard work, maybe got an assist point out of it, most of your squad have run for it, and your left to plod about on your own. you should at least get a team point and if you kill it maybe a couple more.
this statement is in a comparitive sense to working in a squad, of course the other guy who took the apc out has done his job, but its alittle anoying when you know you could have done it all the same.

one of those sh*t happens clauses i think
[tlv]TDL
+7|6660

][v][artini wrote:

uber73 wrote:

][v][artini wrote:

[tlv]TDL wrote:

maybe the hero's should get mines and grenades too, making them more powerfull... they then can also get more points...
and, they can always cap flags if they wanna have teampoints...
BUT why should AT get 4 points for 1 kill?
die the spec ops have to get 4 points also?
Every f***ing footsoldier should get 4 points for destroying armor (2 for the armor, 2 for the driver). Come on, it's much harder to take out a tank than shooting a noob with a unlock.
Delphy
+45|6587|Bristol, UK
Yeah, it sucks playing AT, you get shitall points unless you can get in close for some DAO action. Although I do like rocket-sniping guys, that's pretty fun.
uber73
+188|6754|Brisbane
i never once said 4 points for armour kill.

i said, points for AT contribution to kill, based on successful rocket hits.

how about AT points could work like engineer/repair points...
eg, for every 100% u do to enemy vehicles in damage, u get a point.

so, eg, if u sraw a jeep and kill it, u get 2, one for the driver, and one for the jeep...
eg, if u hit a tank 2 times, say causing 70% damage and someone else gets the kill, they get the driver kill, +30% damage, your 70% then carried over to the next rocket, so if u then hit for 30% dmg on next tank, u get an attack point...

hmm.

anything better than nothing as is at present...

Last edited by uber73 (2006-05-30 07:23:01)

JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6772|Canada, Ont
Don't they called that "Damage kill assist point"

I dunno, I haven't played this game in years.
a fly
+105|6646|The netherlands
sorry if i offend anyone but:

WHINERS!!!!!!!!

siruesly, how old is the person that started this topic??? acording to his progfile 32, if you are 32, and care about 1 lousy point in a game.... shees.... wheres the world going to....

(keep them neg karmas coming if you like, i cant be botherd. JUST DO IT WITH THE REAL REASON + FUNNY THING!)

Last edited by a fly (2006-06-02 08:29:52)

Deadlift
+9|6683
Do 50% DMG on the Tank with your Rockets and you get an assist.

Wasting 2 Rocktes not killing the tank or at least doing more than 50% DMG doesn't qualify you as AT anyway.
uber73
+188|6754|Brisbane

a fly wrote:

sorry if i offend anyone but:

WHINERS!!!!!!!!

siruesly, how old is the person that started this topic??? acording to his progfile 32, if you are 32, and care about 1 lousy point in a game.... shees.... wheres the world going to....
is that your mummy i can hear calling you?
ShEpArD_oF_rOt
+16|6568|Illinois
You do get teams points....kill damage assists.
uber73
+188|6754|Brisbane
kill damage is not consistent. i think it only applies if u actually harm the driver.. tho not sure.
i cant think of it ever being attributed to AT kills...
ShEpArD_oF_rOt
+16|6568|Illinois
I get them all the time playing AT shoot at tanks. You have to use the rockets not the main gun
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6754|Toronto, ON
Play to win, don't play for stats.

Don't you feel content enough that your AT rocket contributed to the destruction of that armor?  What does an extra 2 points really do for you?
Alpha as fuck.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

a fly
+105|6646|The netherlands
thanks for -1 on that :-)  its basicly saying "stupid numbers are my life"

nyte, good post, i just hope you mean it
skratch-x
+25|6638|NY, USA
The ONLY problem I have with AT is that you don't get kill damage assists against armored units.  Hit a tank with 3 rockets, and have someone else blow it up, and you get zero points.  That's garbage.  Giving extra points for killing tanks and hitting them?  Terrible idea.  Just fix it so that you get kill damage assists.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

I agree 100%   Kill some idiot from 200 meters = 2 points.   Take out a tank and a person = 2 points?   How does that make sense?
uber73
+188|6754|Brisbane

usmarine2005 wrote:

I agree 100%   Kill some idiot from 200 meters = 2 points.   Take out a tank and a person = 2 points?   How does that make sense?
read the rest of the post dude, i continued with:

eg, if u sraw a jeep and kill it, u get 2, one for the driver, and one for the jeep... (edit - 1point for 100% jeep damage)

and to elaborate...

eg, if u hit a tank 2 times, say causing 70% damage and someone else gets the kill, they get the driver kill, +30% damage, your 70% damage is then carried over to the next rocket, so if u then hit for 30% dmg on next tank, u get an attack point...  (likened to repair points)

Last edited by uber73 (2006-05-30 09:19:25)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard