=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6552|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
I use a joystick for my BF2 play (yes for infantry too, I know I am soooo weird but I prefer it).  I use Pinnacle's Game Profiler to set up my stick and the ability to make macros is great.  So far, I have two macros assigned to my stick which are: -

1) Rapid Fire - Basically it spams the right mouse button at a very quick speed which means I can unload a whole clip of DAO-12 in around a second.  It's also great for pistols and any weapon that can be fired in single shot because you still get the fire rate but without the accuracy peanlties that fully-auto can give you.  It also means you can track your mouse smoothly on the target as you're not jerking it by pressing the left mouse button repeatedly.

2) Solo-Pilot TV - Allows me, when flying a chopper solo, to jump in the gunner's seat, switch to TV and fire.  Basically it presses F2, right mouse button, and then Rapid Fire (see above) for constant guiding.  This one is so much fun but takes practice to get used to.  The other day I was owning a two-manned chopper and they were getting very frustrated with me.

Anyway, what other macros do you think would be good to make?  I tried one that made me do that ghey rolly-polly thing but I use DAO usually so wasn't much use.....
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6790|Singapore

The quit to desktop and auto shut down windows macro.
spacepelle
Kniven Gaffeln Skeden
+37|6667|Sweden
try to play the game as it is without macros.... or are you not good enough?
LockerFish
+47|6708
I can't believe you got on here and advertised the specific macros you use to cheat at the game. Here's one I use a lot: alt+f4
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6657|Brisbane, Australia

Mmmm, I wouldnt use a macro, seems unfair, but each has their own, just like volx has his cyborg hands........
0akleaves
+183|6615|Newcastle UK
The last war we had was agiants people using macros never seen so much of this but they were full of it. In my view its a cheat as your giving your self an unfair advantage
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6790|Singapore

Or ctrl alt del.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A

The alt+F4 marco works great, you should definitly bind it to every button
=OBS= EstebanRey
Okay first off, using an Aimbot, Chamz, God mode etc are example of cheating.  All a macro does it press buttons for you.

I play a lot of BF2 and I can press the right mouse button very fast without a macro, however I don't really enjoy getting pains in my fingers all the time so the rapid fire stops that.  So how is that cheating?  I'm stopping myself getting RSI.

Again, with the pilot/gunner macro I have set up how is that cheating?  I could easily set up position 2 to F1, alternate fire to F2 and fire to F3 and just press F1,F2,F3 for the same effect.  What's the difference?

I bet all of you that accuse me of cheating, have changed your controls haven't you?  The game allows you to map all the buttons and even gives you a secondary button meaning nearly everyone sets up their controls so they are easier to use.  If you think macros are cheating, then you may as well say that BF2 should have one control set up that you can't change.......
Snakestyles
+17|6739|South Africa
the jump,duck,jump,prone,"enemy boat spotted!",jump,duck,jump,prone macro....yea u need that macro
Yong-OV
+11|6559

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

I bet all of you that accuse me of cheating, have changed your controls haven't you?  The game allows you to map all the buttons and even gives you a secondary button meaning nearly everyone sets up their controls so they are easier to use.  If you think macros are cheating, then you may as well say that BF2 should have one control set up that you can't change.......
Rules are cool as long as you can bend them your direction, right?

Macro cheater!
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6577

Snakestyles wrote:

the jump,duck,jump,prone,"enemy boat spotted!",jump,duck,jump,prone macro....yea u need that macro
Lol
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6752
how often do you REALLY need to rapid fire with a weapon? if you are good enough you should be fireing the correct amount of bullets to kill someone and not waste the ammo. no?
=OBS= EstebanRey
I'm still waiting for someone to explain how macros are cheating?  Can someone please explain this to me?

theDude, I take your point but with every man and his dog using the support class and the generous amount of ammo you get anyway, how often do you really run out of ammo/need to think about ammo conservation?
Speelbal
+146|6754|Netherlands
I run out of ammo constantly...
[RSN]FSK.nor
+16|6671
I would like a enemy spotted macro, as when I play with my lefthand mouse I fire all secondary weapons when I spot someone. Like the missile in the APC. It's fustrating an DICE haven't done a shit about it in any patches.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK
The stop basically cheating macro

Nah you should get a macro that drops med pack and ammo as soon as you get it out, why else do you get them out?

Edit - they arent cheating it just anoyes players because its considered an unfair advantage. Personally i just play without anything else helping me, i dont need it ill kill you either way.

Last edited by Vilham (2006-05-30 04:07:04)

Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A

Hell, if you want everyone to have the same advantage, why dont you post some links for other macro programs?

So now everyone can be like Volx!
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6777|EUR
Immagine what a horrible game that would be...
=OBS= EstebanRey
I really don't see this "advantage" everyone talks about.  Like I said before I could use a macro or simply set up keys in the options so they are right next to each other in sequence and get the same effect.  However one's considered "cheating" and the other "clever button mapping".

Besides, why doesn't punkbuster stop these programmes if they are considered cheats?
0akleaves
+183|6615|Newcastle UK
i know macros arnt classed as cheating but they give a unfair advantage, what chance do you have against a dao 12 from close range if hes using a rapid fire macro.

i have nothing against macros if everybody used them but hardly anyone  does so its a big advantage
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6752

Speelbal wrote:

I run out of ammo a lot aswell. if you are good enough to stay alive, then you always end up running out because there is never a support guy around when u need one, and when there is he/she doesnt know that someone is asking for ammo so dont drop any.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK

theDude5B wrote:

Speelbal wrote:

I run out of ammo a lot aswell. if you are good enough to stay alive, then you always end up running out because there is never a support guy around when u need one, and when there is he/she doesnt know that someone is asking for ammo so dont drop any.
so true, in karkand i always make my way through the front line to the back bases constantly fighting but then run out of ammo, normally get 2 more kills with the pistol at range then die because you have no chance at close range .
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6752

Vilham wrote:

theDude5B wrote:

Speelbal wrote:

so true, in karkand i always make my way through the front line to the back bases constantly fighting but then run out of ammo, normally get 2 more kills with the pistol at range then die because you have no chance at close range .
yeah i end up having to use the pistol when i run out of ammo. in a way though i enjoy it because you can get behind someone and take them out with some well placed shots which then gives you a lot of satisfaction!

good to have a good commander in a situation like that though so you can ask for a supply drop behind enemy lines for some extra ammo and health. suppose though the rest of your squad should be with you and one of them should have some more ammo, but how often do your squad members stay with you on a public server!!
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6777|EUR

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

I really don't see this "advantage" everyone talks about.  Like I said before I could use a macro or simply set up keys in the options so they are right next to each other in sequence and get the same effect.  However one's considered "cheating" and the other "clever button mapping".

Besides, why doesn't punkbuster stop these programmes if they are considered cheats?
Having a macro shoot your weapon very fast is cheating. Why dont you do it yourself? You say you get bad and damaged fingers but isnt that the thing which makes a person bad at a game? Everyones is different, and trying to fix those flaws (which make up the game) is considered cheating

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard