Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6768
Continually killed by choppers on the flight deck? Try dropping a couple of boats on the deck, and use them as AA turrets. Always surprises the choppers. If you're lucky, the enemy commander will drop 2 as well, giving you 4 M249 turrets to kill them with. As commander I won a round 250 tickets to 0.
PRiMACORD
+190|6633|Home of the Escalade Herds
Uh.

Boat guns don't do much of anything to choppers. If anything they let me know where to send the next volley of rockets

I love boats thats shoot at me

(unless they seriously increased the m249 power in the 1.3 patch)

Last edited by PRiMACORD (2006-05-28 09:10:27)

Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6768
The choppers always fly very low, its not hard to take one out with an M249
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6573|Area 51

Talon wrote:

Continually killed by choppers on the flight deck? Try dropping a couple of boats on the deck, and use them as AA turrets. Always surprises the choppers. If you're lucky, the enemy commander will drop 2 as well, giving you 4 M249 turrets to kill them with. As commander I won a round 250 tickets to 0.
Dropping boats on the deck? What teeh?
EDIT: never mind I get it, but anyways a M249 doesnt do much damaged, even when u have like 10 of those set up against a chopper, u just spray with the MG and the rockets and waaam u got 10 kills

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2006-05-28 09:34:44)

M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6581

PRiMACORD wrote:

Boat guns don't do much of anything to choppers. If anything they let me know where to send the next volley of rockets
Summed it up pretty well.
Hiei987
+20|6699
It takes about 2000 hits from M249 to kill a hind, and that's if you hit the front... US have an Apache which easily kills the HIND, although usually this is not the case because Apache rather go and get killed by AA inland.
ROTOFOO
+2|6668
Imo the easiest way for MECSF to win at Iron Gator it to fly the transport through the hanger aft and take that the go to the fore, mess hall, etc...  Its not as hard as some people make it out to be.  Taking the Viewing Deck right away works well too.  The boats are pretty much targets for any attack chopper or anti-tank players, which there are usually a good amount of on that map.
SaladForks
/ph34r
+129|6590|Eastern USA

PRiMACORD wrote:

(unless they seriously increased the m249 power in the 1.3 patch)
Nah. Some guy would probably die to it while being at 1 life before the fight, and complain to EA.

Next headlines: Boats now carry no mode of attacking..

Etc..
†FW†Ravenwolf
+10|6663|Saskatchewan, Canada

PRiMACORD wrote:

I love boats thats shoot at me
I love being in a chopper with PRiMACORD when boats are shooting at him

Boats shooting at PRiMACORD = Kill assists for me
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6558|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
I like to fly the US chopper solo and hover just above our flight deck flag.  Once you know the MEC chopper is down, you can wait 30 seconds, jump into gunners seat and hit their chopper with a long range TV before it can take off.  I did this 5 times in row the other day and the MEC pilots were getting so wound up
xbrandomx
+9|6658
How is that turning the tables on the mec?  Its already a pain in the ass to get inside the boat as it is.  Unless you do the "I'm gonna suicide drop".

And with a good pilot on the american team/aa/rockets/guys guarding lower.  ITS OVA
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6747

ROTOFOO wrote:

Imo the easiest way for MECSF to win at Iron Gator it to fly the transport through the hanger aft and take that the go to the fore, mess hall, etc...  Its not as hard as some people make it out to be.  Taking the Viewing Deck right away works well too.  The boats are pretty much targets for any attack chopper or anti-tank players, which there are usually a good amount of on that map.
Not a bad Idea until some one C4's the hanger opening, got 16 kills tonight blowing up the transport heli flying in that way.

He came back 3 times, you think he might have learnt after the first 2.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6728|California

boat full of AT ftw!
Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6659|Spokane, Washington

I remember Iron Gator back in the day when the US won every round and the Mec had no idea how the fuck to get on the carrier without losing 100+ tickets......sigh...the good days....
samfink
+31|6563
surely all the americans needto do is C4 the hangar opening and have the snipers camped at the boat dock? as then if the specops are in the hangar, the transport chopperi s useless( orsimplyhve the plane whores in there shooting anything that comes in) and when they get boats or jet skis in to try to ship everyone over, that'swhen youeitherdo a massive bombing run w/the jets ( includign the ones in the hangar) or use the snipers. and then send a small squadover there full of spec opsand dealwith the american commander assets, and whilesuppressign the MEC with the jets, EVERYONE gets in the boats or jets or choppers,includiong the commader,and headsover to the MEC base and baserape galoreuntil the end of the round. voila. and as for MEC coutnering, simple-send a fewrockets into the hangar area FIRST. that ought to kill the spec ops, and then you can simply enter the hangar.and as for what the rest of the americans do, they camp on the flight deck/viewing deck to make sure no MEC come that way
-r3-anubis
+73|6545|florida
Iron Gator is the worst map to be MEC on, EVERYONE will camp with a anti tank kit basically.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6539
The Seals have an easy time defending as is. No more reason making it harder for the MECs anymore.
Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6852|United Kingdom
be nice to give the mec an alternate route onto the carrier
samfink
+31|6563
there would be a simpleway to do that- give the treamas the grapple and zipline.though I can see the amercian specops ziplining straight into the MEC base.
Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6852|United Kingdom
the distance isnt that long for them to do it i dont think. but it would be fun
†FW†Ravenwolf
+10|6663|Saskatchewan, Canada
Even say from the transport helo.. have the guy hover when the ship AA is taken out.. that would be something...
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6539
Take out the Apachea of the carrier that way the transport would have easier time getting to the ship.
samfink
+31|6563
actually,can youeven enter the jets on the carrier? as I haven't been able to yet............
Knochenmann_AUT
+1|6734
I dont get it.  It's absoltly no problem to get onto the carrier. Even if you are a bad pilot, and your skills are not good enougt to fly into the carrier: just fly with the chopper from direktion SE to the fligt deck. People can jump out, and run all over the boad... to the fligt deck, to the viewdeck, to the engie room, to the mess hall... If just one flag is taken, the MEC is in atvantage. If the MEC holds the view deck and the fligt deck, the USMC dont have any air support any longer, and in 9 of 10 times, they cant get back those flags... the MEC on the other hand can attack from all sides.

All in all, i think the map is better for MEC to play, just because its more easyer to attac than to defend.
[FHF]MattyZ
What the Deuce?
+29|6670|Washington

†FW†Ravenwolf wrote:

Even say from the transport helo.. have the guy hover when the ship AA is taken out.. that would be something...
If you are right above the carrier, the AA can't get to you!  Just make sure you are high enough.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard