Poll

Do you agree that grenades should destory claymores within 1 foot?

Yes, grenades should destroy claymores87%87% - 295
No, I don't want grenade to destroy claymores12%12% - 44
Total: 339
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6700|Germany

tahadar wrote:

im 100% sniper-whore and i hate the fact that all the retarded snipers get away with suicide-spamming claymores on city maps
Exactly.
The Claymore-spammers on Karkand are just the same lame kind of players like the medic-whores and grenade-spammers.Luckily the übergay C4-tossers are gone.

I used claymores too in high traffic areas,but I got my veteran explosives and the good conduct medal in the same round on Karkand with FF ON!So don't talk about no-skill-easy-kill-weapon.
Now that I got my expert explosives for some time now claymores are just tools of the trade.
I use them for flag defence or try to lure people in it when I'm in a close combat-situation.But I don't do this jihadstyle-claymoring,my claymores are always already placed when somebody chases me.

And no,claymores shouldn't be destroyable by grenades,everybody would just nadespam like crazy before entering a building or turning a corner.And if one clay blows up there's a frickin' chainreaction which detonates every claymore or at-mine in the vicinity -> mines become useless again.
All the claymore-whiners want an easy solution where they don't have to use their brain,except for:claymore -> throw nades.

I've posted so many ideas which would make the claymore-spamming impossible and gives the attacker a very good chance to avoid a clay.

Such as:

Longer setup time for claymores.Claymores need to be actually set,just not thrown on the ground.This takes out the spamming and forces snipers to place them more tactically.

Ability to spot and mark claymores as a dot on the minimap and with colored smoke ingame.

Clicking noise and short delay when claymore is triggered so that the attacker has a chance to go prone and gets wounded but not killed.(You guys already get a friggin' big red skull on the right of your screen!!)

Ability to defuse claymores for every class,but more technique than just hurling a nade required.Something like go prone,crawl very,very slowly and when at the claymore some seconds for the actual defusing.

Claymores are primarily not intended to kill the enemy(nobody thinks that the enemy is as stupid as the common Karkandwhore),they are intended to SLOW DOWN the enemy.
And there's no slowing down the enemy when he just has to chuck grenades like crazy and keep charging!!

NO to "grenadeable" claymores!!!!

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-09-01 23:10:57)

KVNY
+25|6659|SoCal

DSRTurtle wrote:

No.

1.  You can overcome them with teamwork.
2.  Snipers would be totally useless again if you could.
wtf?

1. How exactyl do "overcome" a claymore that some sniper has chucked in the middle of the hallway on Karkand with "Teamwork"?

2. Last time i checked, the purpose of snipers was not to throw claymores!  Claymores are meant to be a defensive weapon. Instead, we have folks running around litterally using the things as their main weapons doing suicide runs into bases to chuck down their 2 claymores before they get killed.  If thats how you play the sniper kit, then yes, the sniper kit will be completely useless.
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6654|The Netherlands
I love using clays but as a medic i would like to destroy those biatches
DSRTurtle
+56|6689

KVNY wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

No.

wtf?

1. How exactyl do "overcome" a claymore that some sniper has chucked in the middle of the hallway on Karkand with "Teamwork"?

2. Last time i checked, the purpose of snipers was not to throw claymores!  Claymores are meant to be a defensive weapon. Instead, we have folks running around litterally using the things as their main weapons doing suicide runs into bases to chuck down their 2 claymores before they get killed.  If thats how you play the sniper kit, then yes, the sniper kit will be completely useless.
I wasn't talking about snipers throwing claymores like nades.  I was talking about snipers using them for flag defense in confined areas like the Palace in Warlord and the TV Station in Warlord and Sharqi.

A smart squad will have a medic who stays back while the squad goes through a choke point.  If a Claymore goes off the medic goes in with a couple of grenades to kill the enemy rushing to replace their claymores, then revives his teammate(s).  Then they cap the flag.  Not that anyone does that.

Edited for grammar.

Last edited by DSRTurtle (2006-09-02 05:26:43)

greenhaven
+47|6469

DSRTurtle wrote:

No.

Snipers would be totally useless without the rifle. Their purpose is for defense, if your clays get blown up it's time to haul ass out of there. Also, since you can't spot claymores, and there isn't enough time to type a message to your team about it, you can't really overcome them with teamwork. I take it that you're one of the claywhores.
DSRTurtle
+56|6689
Claymores can be spotted if your cautious.  Getting to them is another story.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6700|Germany

DSRTurtle wrote:

But there is a way,see my research-thread: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=42390
DSRTurtle
+56|6689

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

But there is a way,see my research-thread: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=42390
I know it's not impossible to get to them, but it is very hard to do so without getting killed.

atleast in closed spaces.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6700|Germany

DSRTurtle wrote:

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

I know it's not impossible to get to them, but it is very hard to do so without getting killed.

atleast in closed spaces.
That's not fully researched yet,the secrets of battlefield page info is bullshit.
The data I've found is very interesting but somebody with a server and some buddies needs to confirm this.

And there's the mysterious "VictimMinSpeed 0.1" line of code which could be a possible way to just crawl over them...

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-09-02 08:19:32)

ECH
+50|6646|Some where near you
Eastcoasthandle (We should be able to destory claymores with grenades): I mean come on, if you can see a claymore and have a grenade why can't you destroy them? It makes no sense. If you didn't see the claymore and it kills you so be it. However if the combatant place the claymore in clear sight and it's blocking your path chucking a grenade should solve the problem. I also believe that zealous snipers hopping around the field chucking claymores will stop once they are destroyed. This will make this tactic pretty useless as claymore chucking leaves them in clear line of sight for everyone to see. The point of claymore chucking is to get a combatant who is in front of you at the time the claymore is released. If the claymore chucker misses his mark it simply leaves a claymore in clear sight. Therefore, anyone should be able to chuck a grenade at it to get rid of the threat and keep this boardline exploit down to a min.

Colin Clarke: The canada team looked into adjusting claymores so that they could be destroyed by specific soldier munitions and found the change would be a code change with significant risk. So this change will not be coming through in 1.4.
http://www.totalbf2.com/page.php?do=diceanswers

Last edited by ECH (2006-09-02 11:32:42)

KVNY
+25|6659|SoCal

DSRTurtle wrote:

KVNY wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

No.

wtf?

I wasn't talking about snipers throwing claymores like nades.  I was talking about snipers using them for flag defense in confined areas like the Palace in Warlord and the TV Station in Warlord and Sharqi.

A smart squad will have a medic who stays back while the squad goes through a choke point.  If a Claymore goes off the medic goes in with a couple of grenades to kill the enemy rushing to replace their claymores, then revives his teammate(s).  Then they cap the flag.  Not that anyone does that.

Edited for grammar.
I see what you're saying, but if you put your claymores some place where they cant be seen till its too late (right around a corner or at the foot of a flight of stairs in the tv station, or in bush) then they wont be blown up.  These smacktards that do souicide runs with the things just chuck them in the middle of the steet or your flag. It just doenst make since to see the things sitting there in the middle of your flag and not be able to destroy it with out getting a medic and sacrificeing your self or a team mate and giving the afore-mentioned smacktard points.

Last edited by KVNY (2006-09-02 11:48:08)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard