Poll

How much do you love/hate the USA? (I am a(n)...)

American who unapologetically loves America30%30% - 100
American who loves america, just not American policy17%17% - 56
non-American who is sympathetic to Americans14%14% - 47
American who has become disillusioned by America5%5% - 17
American who would leave if it weren't a hassle to.3%3% - 10
non-American who hates Americans.17%17% - 59
American or American't...makes no difference to me11%11% - 39
Total: 328
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6618|Sea to globally-cooled sea
I've been reading a lot of hate-america posts in this forum.

I want to find out if it's just that the outspoken people hate America, or if a true majority do.

I tried to organize the survey with three options for each perspective.

If you want, leave your reason for your vote!  and don't just say "Bush is a pussy."  Give an intelligent reason.
l41e
+677|6640

Effect: Lots of anti-US rhetoric
Cause: Retards that think they know everything about the USA because they read it on here
yerded
Bertinator
+255|6629|Westminster, California
Jealousy breeds a lot of hate.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6730|The Hague, Netherlands

Im not againt americans/hate them..........never been to America, but we see allot of Americans who only say : USA For ever and F*ck the rest, well this makes a bad image of America. but well gonna visit soon i think.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
l41e
+677|6640

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

Im not againt americans/hate them..........never been to America, but we see allot of Americans who only say : USA For ever and F*ck the rest, well this makes a bad image of America. but well gonna visit soon i think.
Yeah unfortunately the uber-nationalistic idiots are the ones who are the most outspoken, thus giving us a bad name.
Possum61
+9|6740|Philly PA USA

yerded wrote:

he he  yep   well said mate   USA  stand strong brothers  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!       
Baron420
+3|6568
I don't consider it to be "Anti-American" rhetoric but an EXERCISE in the DEMOCRATIC/REPUBLIC right
to FREE Discourse!! If all we do is agree with BAD POLICY and BAD DECISIONS and not point it out and DISCUSS it then WE AS AMERICANS do our Country and our fellow Citizens a DISSERVICE!!!!
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6570|Florida

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

and those are the same retards you see on here preaching that America is better than every other country in the world, and just part of our population in general.  Dont get me wrong, I love living in this country, while I may not agree with some things the government does, I wouldnt rather live anywhere else.  Granted our president isnt the best public speaker in the world.....but hey, neither am I.  Pres Bush seems to be like a regular guy who happens to have become president to me.  Im not saying hes my favorite president.  I wish there were more presidents like FDR actually.

But back to the beginning, I wish media, etc wouldnt show stuff like that, because it does make a bad image for us, and it gives other countries the idea that we are all a bunch of arrogant assholes that dont give a shit about anyone else.  Well.....partially they are right, some of our people are like that, but not everyone.  So dont get the wrong impression.  If we were all that way, I wouldnt have friends that live in Canada and England lol

Last edited by {BMF}*Frank_The_Tank (2006-05-27 09:22:40)

mikkel
+383|6593

yerded wrote:

I think arrogance like yours breeds more. You're way off if you actually believe that people are jealous.

Where's the option for other people who have no problem with Americans or America itself, but disagree with the politics?

Last edited by mikkel (2006-05-27 09:22:07)

Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6835|Reykjavík, Iceland.
For the hand of ALL non-americans:

I hate some Americans
I don't hate some Americans

It depends on who we are talking to, some Americans are great, some are bad, you can't judge a whole nation in whole.
TodErnst
It's not a bug, it's a feature
+38|6620|Muenster, Germany
for me there's no difference.
you can find stupid people anywhere

i don't like stupid people (i would write G.W.B., but i don't dare ),
i don't like the american way of politics (as far as i know from tv),
i don't like the american way to kill our planet (for example: you could buy cars, which need less gas!)

i don't like the german way of politics either (taxes getting higher, poor people get less money, ...)

but
i like the american way of fast-food
i like the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone-Park, ... (from pictures only, but it seems to be nice there)
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6618|Sea to globally-cooled sea

mikkel wrote:

Where's the option for other people who have no problem with Americans or America itself, but disagree with the politics?
If you're not american, your options are limited, I admit.  You'll just have to decide whether you love america more than you hate it.

If you are american, click the dissilusioned option.

Last edited by G3|Genius (2006-05-27 09:28:06)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708
just some iots in america fucks up the country
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Sydney
2λчиэλ
I remember a funny quote:

BF2 is like the USA. - Good potentials ruined by smacktards.
Random-Hero58
+10|6551|TX
I love my country. Unapolegetic all the way!
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6570|Florida

TodErnst wrote:

i don't like the american way to kill our planet (for example: you could buy cars, which need less gas!)
)
but you see Tod, that would make sense.....Its the cool thing to do to drive a SUV the size of a tank and bitch about gas prices when your filling up. lol
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

its the small percent of the US population
*cough* BUSH *cough*

who spread the bad feelings towards America
bEAv3D
+24|6686|Fayettenam, NC USA
My opinion is as follows, and yes, I do know what they say about opinions.

I'm pretty sure that President Bush doesn't play BF2, and I'm pretty sure that the same goes for his cabinet.  Come to think of it, I don't think that any major political figure in any country has the time to play BF2.  So, my question is when did this forum turn into a "My country is better than yours" pissing match?  If talking about how America is your top priority, maybe you should write a letter to your congressman if you have one.  Or, you could visit the American Policy Roundtable - http://www.aproundtable.org/ - and not come back until all the USA bashing is out of your system.  As far as the poll goes, I'm an American, always have been, always will be.  I don't question my patriotism one bit.   I think this should be true for anyone in their respective countries.  That's just my 2 cents though....  Let's get back to BF2....

ps. All the "you's" in this post are not directed toward a specific person.  It's just a general statement.
yerded
Bertinator

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

Don't come to California!
You'll never want to leave.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6829
Its far from perfect and continues to evolve, yet I have yet to see any country with a better track record.
I like it here so far. If I wanted to leave, where could I go that offers the same freedoms and opportunities?

Last edited by Horseman 77 (2006-05-27 09:55:02)

Sydney
2λчиэλ

Horseman 77 wrote:

Its far from perfect and continues to evolve, yet I have yet to see any country with a better track record.
I like it here so far. If I wanted to leave, where could I go that offers the same freedoms and opportunities?
Uhm, any other nation you can think of?
shoupgroup
+1|6632

yerded wrote:

Sounds vaguely familiar... hmmmmm, lemme see...

"Anger leads to fear, fear leads to hate, hate leads to suffering…"

Master Yoda perhaps???  Lol...
yerded
Bertinator

PBAsydney wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

Uhm, any other nation you can think of?
You could only possibly have that perspective from far outside our nation. Iceland is  pretty far and the lack of understanding about the opportunities inherent to most Americans you display shows an even more distant space
between your perception and our reality.
Capt. Foley
+155|6580|Allentown, PA, USA

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

Ive never seen anyone do that except in some movie on Comedy Central
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

TodErnst wrote:

)
but you see Tod, that would make sense.....Its the cool thing to do to drive a SUV the size of a tank and bitch about gas prices when your filling up. lol
thats the irony buy a fuel cell make water
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard