pudpuller
+2|6563
got punished twice for killing an enemy, they where defiantly red even checked what side they were on and they were on the other side, must be yet another bug in this new crap 1.3 patch. has anyone else had the same problem.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6718|California

not a new bug
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6834|Deutschland/Germany
Did you look at their skins? It s pretty sure that their skins were those of your team. Their names were red due to a bug that is around since BF 1.0. Happens quite often.......always look at their SKINS not the color of their name.

Probably the best-known bug in BF2.....

Last edited by ArMaG3dD0n (2006-05-26 13:05:41)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6745|The United Center

stryyker wrote:

not a new bug
-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6556|Oslo, Norway
"Red-Name bug"
dld4217
310 Cop
+1|6574|Arizona
Earlier today, joined a squad and spawned on the leader.  Immediately, he turned and killed me.  Same thing happened a couple of times until I finally killed him and the server registered a kill for me.  No team damage.  A few moments later, it was back to normal and we were recognized as being on the same squad.  Weird.  Ever since the new patch, I have been able to play the game without much prob, but have many crashes and being disconnected etc...

David
Blindbasher
+25|6547
happend to me too. It's annoying.
Foxhoundmgw
Man of Moebius Morals
+71|6579|Nottingham, UK
David, that's due to the joys of 1.3 mate.

Sorry to say it's like the rain of blood and boiling seas end of days shit, at least if you believe the conspiracy about EA/Dice nerfing BF2 to lineup the release of 2142 =P

But yeah, awful bug to have in a game where you focus on name colour as your prime indicator of threat, just gotta try and register the skin in a firefight as the other guys suggest.
LCpl_Deadmeat
+3|6560|Ft. Collins, CO
I have had the same problem.  Right uniform skin wrong name color so I checked to see what side they were on.  It said they were the enemy, yet every time I shot them it said "team damage".?.
xbrandomx
+9|6648
my favorite bug.  notice he's wearing the same uniform.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6652

xbrandomx wrote:

not always the case though... skins sometimes get mixed up just like tags...

Here's me playing as SAS, shooting a player with an SAS skin and getting credited with the kill... if you look really closely you can see that he had the correct colour tag, but the wrong skin...

https://img503.imageshack.us/img503/9179/screen0063ud.jpg
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6756|Vienna, Austria
It seem like since 1.3, theres the classic red tag bug in some reversed way, so people ARE on your team, spawn at your CPs but get kills for killing you, although having the same uniform... weird, happened to me today at Kubra dam. It was a new round, I started, and that guy was beginning to shoot at me, so I thought it was just a morin who didn't know the bug and jumped into a transport helo, but he shot me down with a vehicle and got points for it. Weird. Didn't say "teamkilled" or something either... When I looked, he was on the enemy team on the scoreboard too.

Last edited by Vintageologist (2006-06-02 11:36:47)

LCpl_Deadmeat
+3|6560|Ft. Collins, CO

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

xbrandomx wrote:

This has also happened to me.  I spawned at the uncap in Ghost Town, see some guy in our uniform but with a red tag.  No big deal I know about the bug so I turn around to man the TOW and he kills me and doesn't get a teamkill for it.  Turns out he is on the other team.  What can I say?  Play or quit because complaining doesn't do any good.
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6756|Vienna, Austria

LCpl_Deadmeat wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

xbrandomx wrote:

This has also happened to me.  I spawned at the uncap in Ghost Town, see some guy in our uniform but with a red tag.  No big deal I know about the bug so I turn around to man the TOW and he kills me and doesn't get a teamkill for it.  Turns out he is on the other team.  What can I say?  Play or quit because complaining doesn't do any good.
Basically the same as in my post above... weird. But I must say it doesn't really happen that often, so it's not that big a deal.
Dieselbrad
+3|6545
Iv'e Been punished for killing enemies... maybe related to the RED-BUG

They were MEC engineer & I was US Spec OPS.. very easy to tell them apart...

This has been a rare occurence since I bought the game.. Not a new Bug..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard