ZkylonB
+36|6560
I installed the full patch, full pb update, i press esc to join the sound lags and freezes, the esc trick used to work but not anymore.

Any help i need to play!!!

I got a battlefield 2 tounry tommorow i need mah practice!
tupla_s
+455|6605|Finland
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=26022

EA wrote:

Please also note that if you are experiencing CTD issues upon start up that any alternate-ranking redirections in your windows "Hosts" file must be removed.

Last edited by tupla_s (2006-05-25 16:06:46)

ZkylonB
+36|6560
What does that mean?
tupla_s
+455|6605|Finland
Dunno... maybe it's for the server admins to do
Only thing i know is that it should get fixed

Last edited by tupla_s (2006-05-25 16:11:53)

Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6725|Norway
So immensly wonderful!!!

EA: "Here's what you need to do..."

Consumer: "What?!"

EA: We won't tell you
nahnahnahnahnahna
ZkylonB
+36|6560
Fucking gay  i wanna play.
tupla_s
+455|6605|Finland

ZkylonB wrote:

Fucking gay  i wanna play.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=26022

EA wrote:

The reversion will occur at 2:00 PST
Then it should work... they didn't say the day and year though
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6644|Derby, England

ZkylonB wrote:

I installed the full patch, full pb update, i press esc to join the sound lags and freezes, the esc trick used to work but not anymore.

Try this http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=26078

Peace Boris
yaleblor
+23|6599
i had that happen after every patch (full patches) i went straight to video and audio settings took everything down a notch then i could join a game without CDT ,then i left the game and reset yet again to my old settings and all was fine . a bit of a pain but it worked for me , and it might for you . good luck ,hope it does ,it's great game ,but very quirky

yaleblor
Aardcore
+60|6725|USA, Arizona
Oh man, the Multiplayer Crash, I had that happen to me just recently, some people said in the forums in other threads I checked out about this that it was a video issue and that the computer acts funky with whatever settings you have so you just gotta tweak around with them. Unless you have some ungodly fast computer, I have NO idea what the problem might be.

For a dude like me who runs an Athlon XP 3000 with 1.5 gigs of RAM and a slowly dying piece of ATI Radeon 9800 Pro technology, I have to get by and be very careful with my settings or else I punish for them dearly such as the Multiplayer crash. I had to give up my 1280x1024 resolution to 1024x768, had to take down a few of the settings which I had already taken out anyway since it just... RUINED my experience and then I tried it out, I was gaming in no time.
ZkylonB
+36|6560
Mine are all on low.
Aardcore
+60|6725|USA, Arizona

ZkylonB wrote:

Mine are all on low.
Oof, sorry to hear about all this chaos then man, if I knew more about how to help I could, the most I could do is link you here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=25910

The advice this one guy gave me while I was in this thread sort of helped out and I just tweaked around some till then. Hope it helps.
cmotdibbler
+19|6678|The pork thing inna bun stall.
Hiya.
I think the "hosts" file thay are on about is the windows lmhosts.sam file. Windows uses this sort of like a local dns. Most users never need to mess with it. In the patch thay said they were trying to stop an alternate ranking system from running and i remember some mod creators saying thay had come up with an alternate ranking system. If you have not installed the mods that use this Alternate Ranking system then dont mess with the lmhosts file you could do more harm than good.

Oh instead of hitting 'join server' just press escape. Seems to work for some people.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by cmotdibbler (2006-05-26 02:07:09)

ZkylonB
+36|6560
Nope espace crashes my game.

i got sf and i just wanna plaaaay
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6644|Derby, England

ZkylonB wrote:

Performance Issues

Problem - Lag or Constant Disconnects from the Sever
Cause - System Dependant
Fix - Since this is system dependant or could be cause by several issues, i will list possible fixes.

1. If running a Dual Core processor, load up Battlefield 2, press alt-tab to go to your desktop. Open up task Manger by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL Once! Then right click on BF2.exe and set its Affinity to 0, Basically this tells it to use only processor 0, not 0 and 1.

2. Go to your BF2 Audio options, and disable VOIP. This can help in some cases.

3. Run Adware/Spyware Scans on your PC to remove unwanted software running in the background. Recommended tools for this are;
Adaware
Spyboy : Search & Destroy
Windows Defender
Spyware Blaster

4. Check your firewalls are not the cause of the problem. Try disabling them such as Windows Firewall, Zone-alarm, and ones inbuilt into Anti-Virus programs. You could also try disabling your Anti-Virus as well to see if it increases performance. This should only be done as a test to see if it helps and that if the Firewall/Anti-Virus is the cause of the problem, once you have tried it remember to turn your firewall/anti-virus back on.

5. If on a Wireless router try plugging it directly into the internet, to see if your lag is been cause by a bad router or interference.

6. In BF2 Audio Options, try running software mode instead of hardware mode.

7. if on a wireless connection this may make it better/worse, or do no change.
Once a connection is established go to run and type "services.msc". Scroll down until you see "Wireless Zero Configuration" and click stop.

8. Try updating PunkBuster, Use the program, pbsetup, found at this websitehttp://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php  to update Punkbuster

9. Change your BF2.exe file and rename it to BF.exe, or basically something different than BF2.exe (Update shortcuts if necessary) On some systems this can provide a performance increase as the graphic card will treat it as a normal game and not run any special optimizations which can actually reduce performance

10. Reduce number of PunkBuster checks

To do this you need to:

1. OK, the first step is very simple, join any BF2 online server which is running Punkbuster, preferably a ranked one.
2. Once you are in, and re-spawned somewhere, press the ` key. This key is located on most keyboards above the tab key and to the left of the 1 key
3. Once you have pressed this, a large white box should drop down with a load of text in it. Type pb_sleep500 and hit the enter key
4. Once you have done this, make sure the box is still up and type pb_writecfg to save your settings

11. [Advanced Users Only] - (Important, Before changing msconfig startup or services, read Warlord's Warnings just below the contents page at the top of this FAQ) Type in msconfig in the run box, and disable unnecessary start up items to try and free up more ram/CPU, this can be more effective than using task manger to close them after start up. In addition check your services in Control Panel|Administrative Tools|Services and use this guide http://majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=12 to determine what is/not needed. Do note that editing services is about as bad as editing the registry so use extreme cation!!!

Also you can disable the Windows XP visuals to reduce ram/CPU usage, although Windows will look more like Windows 98 you may want to try it.
Right click on My Computer|Properties|Advanced|Performance|Settings for Best performance. This disables all the neat Windows XP looks and makes the PC that little bit faster.

11. You could try upgrading your internet to a faster speed, or connect to servers closer to your location

Problem - Slow/Stuttering performance in Battlefield 2
Cause - Several possible Causes
Fix - This can be caused by several things so here are a list of things to try and improve its performance.

1. Check that your PC can handle Battlefield 2 at your current settings. Graphical lag can often be caused by not having enough RAM to play the game.

Low Settings - 1GB Ram
Med Settings - 1.5GB Ram
High Settings - 2GB Ram

In Addition you will need a processor and graphic card capable of handling the game at the higher settings.
So try lowering your settings to see if performance improves.

2. De-frag your Hard-Drive

3. Try cleaning out your shaders and cache, to do this, go to C:\Documents and Settings\username*\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2 and delete the shaders,
next go to C:\Documents and Settings\username*\My Documents\Battlefield 2\LogoCache and delete the cache.
Try Battlefield 2 again to see if it is better, if not, move your battlefield 2 folder from my documents to your desktop, this put the game onto default settings, as well as cleaning out its cache and shaders again.

4. Run Adware/Spyware Scans on your PC to remove unwanted software running in the background. Recommended tools for this are;
Adaware
Spyboy : Search & Destroy
Windows Defender
Spyware Blaster

5. Use this Program - PCI Latency Tool. http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=951 Download and install it. Use it to try setting your graphic card latency to 64 or 128 if it is at a higher number. This can help Improve performance on some systems.

6. Use task Manger to close down unnecessary background tasks, also turn off/disable you anti-virus and firewalls to see if they are the cause of the problem.

7. Re-Install the latest version of Directx from the Microsoft Website,( http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.mspx ) then move your battlefield 2 folder from my documents to your desktop, and see if it helps.

8. Use Driver Cleaner to remove your old graphic card drivers and install a new set for your graphic card, then move your battlefield 2 folder from my documents to your desktop, and see if it helps.

9. Check the bios to see if you have given the correct about of Memory to the AGP slot if on a AGP card, i.e. 256mb of Memory if its a 256MB card.

10. In BF2 Audio Options, try running software mode instead of hardware mode.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash to Desktop Issues

Problem - Crash to Desktop on starting Battlefield 2
Cause - Several Possible Causes
Fix - There is no fix known to work for everyone, merely a list of possible things to try to resolve the issue;

1. Rename the Movies folder in your Battlefield 2\mods\bf2 folder to Movies2, to skip the start up Movies which can be the cause of the Problem.

2. Move your Battlefield 2 folder in My documents and put it on your desktop. When loading BF2 Again it should force it to create a new one using default settings.

3. Check you have no software forcing a set refresh rate, if you do disable it.

4. If on a AGP card, try running at 4x speed instead of 8x speed. I believe ATI users can change this in there ATI control panel, or use the ATI panel in display settings. You can access display settings by right clicking on your desktop, then clicking properties.
For Nvidia users it may be necessary to set it in the bios.
By doing this the loss of FPS is very small, but you can significantly improve the systems stability

5. Check on your graphic card control panel that everything is set to application controlled to see if it helps.

6. Re-Install the latest version of Directx from the Microsoft Website http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.mspx

7. Use Driver Cleaner to erase your old Graphic Card drivers, then update to a more recent or stable version of graphic card drivers for your graphic card.

Problem - Crash to Desktop on Joining a online Server.
Cause - No CDKEY in Registry / Uninstalling BF1942 on a system that has BF2 on it.
Fix - If you have the Uninstalling BF1942 issue, skip this bit and read the part below.
Use battlefield2_code.exe to re-enter your CDKEY, this can be located in the support folder of where you installed battlefield 2 on your Hard-Drive.
After re-entering your CDKEY you must then reapply the latest patch in order for it to be encrypted into the registry.
This Program can also be used. ftp://ftp.ea-europe.com/UK_Support/EAGA … yCheck.exe

Peace Boris

Last edited by badhq (2006-05-27 16:33:36)

xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6688
It usually has something to do like if you tried placing a program like BF2Stats on your machine (it gives you medals and stuff for LAN's and SinglePlayer). I deleted my entry in my "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\etc\hosts file. It runs perfectly now.
metanucleo
+0|6147

badhq wrote:

Problem - Crash to Desktop on Joining a online Server.
Cause - No CDKEY in Registry / Uninstalling BF1942 on a system that has BF2 on it.
Fix - If you have the Uninstalling BF1942 issue, skip this bit and read the part below.
Use battlefield2_code.exe to re-enter your CDKEY, this can be located in the support folder of where you installed battlefield 2 on your Hard-Drive.
After re-entering your CDKEY you must then reapply the latest patch in order for it to be encrypted into the registry.
This Program can also be used. ftp://ftp.ea-europe.com/UK_Support/EAGAMES/Battlefield_2/BF2CDKeyCheck.exe
For what ever reason, the cd-key registry entry may be missing. To resolve this, I added HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield 2\ergc (ergc = key). Then used C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\Support\Battlefield 2_code.exe to re-enter my cd-key. This adds the cd-key into the registry entry(ergc) unencrypted. Then run BF2CDKeyCheck.exe and the cd-key is encrypted.
_1_MAN-ARMY.17
+27|6233|Turkey
lol this is old the problem was 1.3 and it is solved metanucleo
Gunner978
+7|6289|USA
lol...maybe close?
metanucleo
+0|6147

_1_MAN-ARMY.17 wrote:

lol this is old the problem was 1.3 and it is solved metanucleo
i had the issue after i installed 1.4 full then changed key to an invalid key and was getting 'invalid cd-key' on join server and tried re-entering the key again correctly.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6524|Gold Coast
I get it, and all ya gotta do if you cant fix it is join a single player game, wait till its loaded (it will CTD, but just get back in), then go multiplayer, join a game, then it should be alright. I get the same problem I think, where it CTD's and when you re-open it, its all missing the pictures. If thats the case, do as I said. It should work.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
$kildatank123$
+4|6419|AtlAntIC oCeAn
turn off your voip

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard