Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6629|Derby, England

Vintageologist wrote:

Yeah so since 1.3 it seems that every once in a while, I just get a connection problem thingy and eventually get disconnected. Works fine w/o any lag until there but then poof! I'm out... anything I am missing? Or will the full patch fix that?

Edit: For those who have the same problem. Don't bother downloading the full patch, I've tried it and it doesn't work better.

Thanks Dice for providing us the most fucked up patch ever made for a game.
I guess we should just all install patch 1.1 when everything was at least working and the gameplay wasn't n00b adjusted...
Try this thred bro it has fulll list of issues and its fix

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=26078

Peace Boris
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6755|Vienna, Austria

badhq wrote:

Vintageologist wrote:

Yeah so since 1.3 it seems that every once in a while, I just get a connection problem thingy and eventually get disconnected. Works fine w/o any lag until there but then poof! I'm out... anything I am missing? Or will the full patch fix that?

Edit: For those who have the same problem. Don't bother downloading the full patch, I've tried it and it doesn't work better.

I guess we should just all install patch 1.1 when everything was at least working and the gameplay wasn't n00b adjusted...

Peace Boris
I appreciate that you want to help, but giving this link in every thread is useless, as I've already looked at it and there's no fix for that problem. It's not CTD.

Last edited by Vintageologist (2006-05-26 09:40:25)

pudpuller
+2|6561
had some lost connection b4 the new patch, but know get loads now, loose connection like 3-4 in one game. pisses u of when u r commander and loose connection just b4 it ends and lost your score being doubled
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England

LT.Victim wrote:

Yup, this has happened to me alot since the patch too. I never use to loose connection unless the server crashed, or i crashed to desktop. But now, i'm getting disconnected very often. I was 30-0 in a jet on wake island, and i got disconnected.. wasn't happy.
I was 3 kills away from getting expert Assault (my first and probably only expert badge, except for the lame knife one which i got unintentionally due to 1.3) and i get disconnected. Really takes the bloody piss ..
arson
+99|6634|New York
yes, but i can't tell if it's the server crashing or a prob on my end.  Usally playing in ts everyone will go ohhhh S$%%^^&&!!! I lost my connection so I know its the server but lately I have been going solo so its hard to determine the problems source...
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6803|The planet Tophet
has happened to me every time i play now since i downloaded the patch it sucks and like sometimes it wont even start playing it just crashes or says connection lost
XISIX
+116|6612
yes.... indeed.
Amazing killstreak on Warlord only to get Connection error.
Never had drop out on 1.22.
Also - I have issue with longer to connect to Account Server as well.

Saw EA message of patch reversion.
Have not attempted play BF2 yet - did that change everyone's copies back to 1.22 ?

Disappointed so far.
Cheers.
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6629|Derby, England

Vintageologist wrote:

badhq wrote:

Vintageologist wrote:

Peace Boris
I appreciate that you want to help, but giving this link in every thread is useless, as I've already looked at it and there's no fix for that problem. It's not CTD.
Problem - Lag or Constant Disconnects from the Sever
Cause - System Dependant
Fix - Since this is system dependant or could be cause by several issues, I will list possible fixes.

1. If running a Dual Core processor, load up Battlefield 2, press alt-tab to go to your desktop. Open up task Manger by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL Once! Then right click on BF2.exe and set its Affinity to 0, Basically this tells it to use only processor 0, not 0 and 1.

2. Go to your BF2 Audio options, and disable VOIP. This can help in some cases.

3. Run Adware/Spyware Scans on your PC to remove unwanted software running in the background. Recommended tools for this are;
Adaware
Spyboy : Search & Destroy
Windows Defender
Spyware Blaster

4. Check your firewalls are not the cause of the problem. Try disabling them such as Windows Firewall, Zone-alarm, and ones inbuilt into Anti-Virus programs. You could also try disabling your Anti-Virus as well to see if it increases performance. This should only be done as a test to see if it helps and that if the Firewall/Anti-Virus is the cause of the problem, once you have tried it remember to turn your firewall/anti-virus back on.

5. If on a Wireless router try plugging it directly into the internet, to see if your lag is been cause by a bad router or interference.

6. In BF2 Audio Options, try running software mode instead of hardware mode.

7. if on a wireless connection this may make it better/worse, or do no change.
Once a connection is established go to run and type "services.msc". Scroll down until you see "Wireless Zero Configuration" and click stop.

8. Try updating PunkBuster, Use the program, pbsetup, found at this websitehttp://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php  to update Punkbuster

9. Change your BF2.exe file and rename it to BF.exe, or basically something different than BF2.exe (Update shortcuts if necessary) On some systems this can provide a performance increase as the graphic card will treat it as a normal game and not run any special optimizations which can actually reduce performance

10. Reduce number of PunkBuster checks

To do this you need to:

1. OK, the first step is very simple, join any BF2 online server which is running Punkbuster, preferably a ranked one.
2. Once you are in, and re-spawned somewhere, press the ` key. This key is located on most keyboards above the tab key and to the left of the 1 key
3. Once you have pressed this, a large white box should drop down with a load of text in it. Type pb_sleep500 and hit the enter key
4. Once you have done this, make sure the box is still up and type pb_writecfg to save your settings

11. [Advanced Users Only] - (Important, Before changing msconfig startup or services, read Warlord's Warnings just below the contents page at the top of this FAQ) Type in msconfig in the run box, and disable unnecessary start up items to try and free up more ram/CPU, this can be more effective than using task manger to close them after start up. In addition check your services in Control Panel|Administrative Tools|Services and use this guide http://majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=12 to determine what is/not needed. Do note that editing services is about as bad as editing the registry so use extreme cation!!!

Also you can disable the Windows XP visuals to reduce ram/CPU usage, although Windows will look more like Windows 98 you may want to try it.
Right click on My Computer|Properties|Advanced|Performance|Settings for Best performance. This disables all the neat Windows XP looks and makes the PC that little bit faster.

11. You could try upgrading your internet to a faster speed, or connect to servers closer to your location

Problem - Slow/Stuttering performance in Battlefield 2
Cause - Several possible Causes
Fix - This can be caused by several things so here are a list of things to try and improve its performance.

1. Check that your PC can handle Battlefield 2 at your current settings. Graphical lag can often be caused by not having enough RAM to play the game.

Low Settings - 1GB Ram
Med Settings - 1.5GB Ram
High Settings - 2GB Ram

In Addition you will need a processor and graphic card capable of handling the game at the higher settings.
So try lowering your settings to see if performance improves.

2. De-frag your Hard-Drive

3. Try cleaning out your shaders and cache, to do this, go to C:\Documents and Settings\username*\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2 and delete the shaders,
next go to C:\Documents and Settings\username*\My Documents\Battlefield 2\LogoCache and delete the cache.
Try Battlefield 2 again to see if it is better, if not, move your battlefield 2 folder from my documents to your desktop, this put the game onto default settings, as well as cleaning out its cache and shaders again.

4. Run Adware/Spyware Scans on your PC to remove unwanted software running in the background. Recommended tools for this are;
Adaware
Spyboy : Search & Destroy
Windows Defender
Spyware Blaster

5. Use this Program - PCI Latency Tool. http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=951 Download and install it. Use it to try setting your graphic card latency to 64 or 128 if it is at a higher number. This can help Improve performance on some systems.

6. Use task Manger to close down unnecessary background tasks, also turn off/disable you anti-virus and firewalls to see if they are the cause of the problem.

7. Re-Install the latest version of Directx from the Microsoft Website,( http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.mspx ) then move your battlefield 2 folder from my documents to your desktop, and see if it helps.

8. Use Driver Cleaner to remove your old graphic card drivers and install a new set for your graphic card, then move your battlefield 2 folder from my documents to your desktop, and see if it helps.

9. Check the bios to see if you have given the correct about of Memory to the AGP slot if on a AGP card, i.e. 256mb of Memory if its a 256MB card.

10. In BF2 Audio Options, try running software mode instead of hardware mode.

Peace Boris
Blindbasher
+25|6546
After all that, it still D/cs.
ICExMikey
+1|6545
constant disconnects, CTDs on join and server crashes. Im only playing SF lately. 30 ping with terrible lag when i do get in.
Shivan
+1|6648
there is no way the disconnects from the server is client side, because the actual server itself is crashing these stability issues need to be fixed pronto, its really making the game unenjoyable for me =/
J=MAN
+25|6655|OZ
This is getting ridiculous. Since 1.3 came out, at least once per round it hangs for about a minute. Then the unlucky ones (i.e. those with the best scores) get disconnected. I thought it was just me, but from a quick look at the chat and the event log it's obvious that it's everyone.

My BF2 DVD is back in its case on the shelf, and it'll stay there until this crap gets sorted out.
Hallucinogen
+2|6844|Finland
Join the game and bam your in desktop. Not good.
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6670|Australia
The servers I play on crash at least 5-6 times in a 2 hour period. Plus numerous in game freezes.

This is a major issue, you can have small whinges about car drops, but this makes playability an issue.
Umibozu_IT
+15|6645|Italy
same here. lost about a 300 points in the last 2 days. and this shit, along with the new issues regarding the server browser, is really pissing me off.
iLLtje
+1|6542|The Netherlands
I'm not sure if the rest of you is getting the exact same problem as me but I load up the game, all plays fine for about 5 minutes, then I freeze for like 15-20 secs and then BF2 kills my whole Internet connection. I tried various  other online games and no other does this so I'm sure its to do with BF2. I already tried both full patch and incremental, problem still occurs. Never had this problem before the 1.3 patch, but I figured I'd have a dual-core processor, turned off "cpu 1" and put BF2.exe's affinity to "Realtime"...as you can guess, it didnt work, BF2 keeps killing my connection 5mins into the game so its BF2 back in its box...sigh @ this game
e1n1
+0|6542
had patched incremental - now gettin a lot of:
-disconnects
-entering a server, after choosin a spawnpoint, then enter for spawnin my BF2 will vanish. it ends quikly.
-serverbrowser favorites after hitin button for newpingin servers all green favorites vanish from list.
now will try fullpatch. hope it fixes the feck.

i think they d better make the serverbrowser more comfortable,
thats one of the thingies that suck haRd in BF2serverbrowser.
no scrollin with mousewheel, laggyness, the filters seems to dont work.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6656|BC, Canada

Vintageologist wrote:

when i first downloaded the patch no, but lately all the time
Janysc
+59|6680|Norway
Servers crash more and more often. The more patches, the more crashes. Maybe Dice are doing it deliberately to make people buy BF2142 .
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6542|Sverige (SWE)
YES!!!!! Now i had´t whit this game.... it crash´t on mi  4-times in the last 10min ....FUCK 1.3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Choc[o]Sanchez
+0|6545
Who cares about being disconnected...?  My system just CRASHES now.  Never did that pre-1.3

It usually happens the moment after finishing loading.

Loading.... loading.... loading... click to play.... *poof*.  Desktop... *sigh*
krug
+1|6574|Tromsø, Norway

Hallucinogen wrote:

Join the game and bam your in desktop. Not good.
TELL ME ABOUT IT!! I had to stop playing earlier today because of that bug. At the beginning it was all looking good. I got a good score, was actually best player by score, then it all started.. (again) BAM, desktop. Throwing curses at EA/Dice, getting back ingame, spawning, killing a few lads and BAM. Desktop. Over and over again. So eventually I stopped playing for the day before I ruined my computer and stuff.

REASON: BAM you got killed by "playername". He smashed your forehead so frikkin hard that you were unable to play anymore. that's why you get kicked back to desktop. right? so im just a noob then?
Flyboy63
+8|6701|South Australia
Yea only had constant disconnects & CTD when clicking 'join' sometimes since 1.3
sagexp
+16|6551
I think i see a way of stopping the game crashing. The typically scenario leading to a crash is when you are on ur hottest kill streak ever, one kill away from expert or about to set the highest points record in Karkand, then boom see ya later windows desktop it is for you.
Quick fix time, let the noobs own you, play for second try to get a 1/1 kill streak going then other players will crash out and you will be the only player left to collect the gold medal and all the warmth and media attention it brings
krug
+1|6574|Tromsø, Norway

sagexp wrote:

I think i see a way of stopping the game crashing. The typically scenario leading to a crash is when you are on ur hottest kill streak ever, one kill away from expert or about to set the highest points record in Karkand, then boom see ya later windows desktop it is for you.
Quick fix time, let the noobs own you, play for second try to get a 1/1 kill streak going then other players will crash out and you will be the only player left to collect the gold medal and all the warmth and media attention it brings
LOL!!!! INDEED! THAT'S IT!!

I'm never gonna be kicked back to desktop again!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard