]V[rProcrastinator
+0|6762
I'm a little late on this one, but shortly after BF2 came out I started..then stopped...then started a tool to benchmark BF2.  I've finally put it on the net if anyones interested.  bf2bench com

]V[rProcrastinator
Mabec
Re-Member-Me
+6|6823
interesting, for sure. a lot of noobs is probably gonna cry over the rar-format thou
]V[rProcrastinator
+0|6762
True on the rar tip.  I had to get thie file below 10 mb though, and winzip packed it at 12mb.  It kinda suprised me when rar packed it to under 7.
Of course you can always get winrar at
http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-225 … ag=lst-0-1
POLSKA9000
+0|6772
for some reason i dont see the download button, or any of them actually.  I just randomly clicked and got to downoad it.  but i couldnt see the buttons
]V[rProcrastinator
+0|6762
Dang.  Thanks for the heads up.  That's odd.  I see everything in firefox, but in IE I don't see the screenshot...The banner still shows.  Maybe it's related to the same issue.  I'll look into it.  I'm not much of a web man, but at least I have a few friends
]V[rProcrastinator
+0|6762
I believe the page should be better now.
07>sin
mista sinista
+1|6836
what are ppl scoring with what systems?
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6838|-
Mmkay. So what happens if you run the .exe?
]V[rProcrastinator
+0|6762
No offense -=|AA|=-Col.Magnum but I'm the author of this app and if your virus program says it's a virus then I think you need a more reliable scanning program.  Anyone else who's scanned this say it's a virus or has anyone ran this and found anything odd afterwards?  Obviously it's a he saids he saids situation, but damn it sucks that some guy has a hack virus program that incorrectly identifies viruses and in turn is going to make my time and effort in this app a waste.

Seriously let me know if anyone else has this pop up as a virus.

]V[rProcrastinator
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6838|-
I actually have had a wierd thing happening with my connection after running it once, but then again I also found two trojans and a shitload of spyware on my harddrive a little while ago.
nick
+0|6762
Just to chime in.  I've DL'd the program, and scanned it with the latest virus defs and nothing came up on this end.  Ran fine on my machine.

What program flag it as having a virus Col.Magnum?
]V[rProcrastinator
+0|6762
Err.  Wow TriggerHappy998 that really doesn't help my case.  LOL.

Do you have any virus programs you could scan with (I'm assuming you do since you said you found to trojans a little while ago).  Or a firewall app?  My app doesn't have anything to do with the net, so I can garentee it will never ask to connect  The only thing you might see would be from BF2, if you don't allow it access all the time.  Did you scanner detect anything?

Off the virus subject, how'd the app work for you?  Like it?  I should add a [email protected] link to the website.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6838|-
My scanner, Trend Micro Internet Security 2005, didn't detect it as a virus. But Microsoft Anti-Spyware did detect something called searchforit after I ran it.
]V[rProcrastinator
+0|6762
No spyware, No viruses.  Benchtool Yes.
I think with the laws now I could land in jail for a few good years of my life.  God knows it would be easy enough to bust me with a registered domain and paypal account to track me with.  Obviuously play it safe.  Download it, scan it.  If it's all good I'd like to hear what you think.  It's just a benchmarking tool.  If your a uber-nerd like myself you'll get excited tweaking your settings and seeing silly stats, if you're going to play it safe and not try it BF2 still rocks.

Cheers.
Nathaniel

p.s.  Thanks for the imput -=|AA|=-Col.Magnum, nick, TriggerHappy998.

p.s.s. -=|AA|=-Col.Magnum what did you scan it with?
-=|AA|=-Col.Magnum
+0|6777|Rockhampton Qld
IT TAKES A GREAT MAN TO ADMIT WHEN HE IS WRONG:

i have retracted my last statement after talking to the author of this program and believe it is all and good.
i cant explain why i had this problem but i did.
one system reported it as bad and it was the lead computer.
the rest of the systems have reported it all as good.
i have checked it out with everything i can and all reports are fine.

if i upset anyone im sorry but i was looking out for us all.

please Nathaniel except my appology and keep up the good work.

your brother in battle.
]V[rProcrastinator
+0|6762

-=|AA|=-Col.Magnum wrote:

IT TAKES A GREAT MAN TO ADMIT WHEN HE IS WRONG:

i have retracted my last statement after talking to the author of this program and believe it is all and good.
i cant explain why i had this problem but i did.
one system reported it as bad and it was the lead computer.
the rest of the systems have reported it all as good.
i have checked it out with everything i can and all reports are fine.

if i upset anyone im sorry but i was looking out for us all.

please Nathaniel except my appology and keep up the good work.

your brother in battle.
Thanks -=|AA|=-Col.Magnum.  If I were in your shoes I would have done the same, but now I can sleep
]V[rProcrastinator
+0|6762
So has anyone got any stats to share?
addict10n
+1|6768
How many times do you have to let it run? I mean, I cancelled it out after it ran like 5 times and then i could generate a report, but then what do I compare it to?
]V[rProcrastinator
+0|6762
How many times you want it to run depends on how many configurations you want to test.
For me I kinda knew that all Medium was a good starting point, but I didn't know how big of a performance hit the different rezs would be, so I just benched medium, at the 3 different res.  Then I saw that 800X600 to 1024x960 wasn't much of a hit, but going to 1280 on my system was.  From there it's just a matter of then determining which setting I could bump up to high with out effecting things much.  You could make a bunch of variations of Med (cust1 2 & 3), or use fine tune, and focus on 1 setting at a time.  Or let fine tune run all night and bench the 30 variations.

I put a few of my reports in, but it's really to compare against your own data and tweak your system.  I'd be cool if I could have users report the system, stats, and settings to my site as a reference, but I'm cluless about html and wouldn't even know how to set an archiving system like that up.

Last edited by ]V[rProcrastinator (2005-10-15 07:59:21)

A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6832

Mabec wrote:

interesting, for sure. a lot of noobs is probably gonna cry over the rar-format thou
winrar rox its way better than winzip
Brasso
+1,549|6621

A-Unit64 wrote:

Mabec wrote:

winrar rox its way better than winzip
Congratulations!  You just revived a 14-month old thread.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard