Poll

Should they nerf claymores?

Yes37%37% - 192
No I'm a filthy claywhore who cant get points with guns62%62% - 314
Total: 506
Buzerk1
+44|6836

Umibozu_IT wrote:

i wonder if ppl saying "avoid them" have ever played a round at warlord...

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/4913 … 8iq.th.jpg

yeah you're right, just avoid them...
Again... play as a team... have a medic revive other and claymore there will be no more. Play as a lonewolf and you will pay the price but you will be the only one to blame.
SoC./Omega
+122|6541|Omaha, Nebraska!
is it just me or is the new patch screwing up claymore activation, because when im not even close to a claymore ( average 30 ft) it blows up and i die, it doesnt seem right =/
Reaper2325
+2|6723|New Hartford, New York
Hi, I'm Reaper2325, and I'm a Claymore addict..... lol.

The only time i claymore whore is when I'm defending and not sniping. Basically, drop them around corners and hide them in common enemy attack routes to prevent infiltration. When I'm out to snipe, they're covering my backside.

And yes, I have seen an abuse of this tactict where you walk into an area and 5-6 claymores go off around you just to be reset by a bunch of snipers waiting in the shadows and the support guys refilling them with ammo for more claymores.  But, you see some of the same stuff with C4, except it's not set off by proximity.

You want to fix claymore whores, reduce the amount of kills to receive the expert badge for explosives. That's the main reason  a lot of non-noobs like me use them, other than those who can't play.
-=CB=-krazykarl
not always PWD, but usually.
+95|6536|Carlsbad, CA, USA

Cbass wrote:

Hey snake, yes u can disarm clays if your lucky enuf to get behind one. Same thing with AT mines.

OT- Im not a "claymore whore" but i think they should stay how they are. Everything in the game is flippin fine leave it how it is. Bf2 is already nerfed to hell because of crying knobs.

There is no abuse of claymores, if u keep getting killed by clays maybe u should adjust your tactics. I can't remember the last time i was killed by a claymore.
WHAT HE SAID, but i do remember the last time, i took one for the team, in sharqi so we could take the flag, they are there to see, they are not invisible, you have to look for them.
lobo76
+2|6709

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

I know this is somewot off topic but I'd love it if they could bring back C4-tossing. There wos nothing better than tossing one over a wall and seeing the enemies flop in the air - kinda like dropping dynamite in the sea and watching the fish get blown up in the air. Fun times those were till noobs complained and the C4 got nerfed.
u mean u dun know??... u can still toss a C4. Just needs skill.
my friends and i were practicing it on an unrank server a week ago.

On the topic... i do like the idea that any small thing can set off the claymore. it WILL make people think how to place the claymore.

Current quota of 2 is fine i think. Any less, you would need to cut down the number of reloads other kits have to balance the Kits.

Friendly fire should be off. It is unrealistic, true. But, did you think teammates who willingly ignore warnings of "MINE HERE" and walk/run/hop into their death is realistic?

You can't give minus points for teammates walking into your clay if FF was on. If I didn't like you and is an @sshole (there are usually many in servers), i will continually place clays into your path till u got kicked. lol
Bravo333
+0|6525
i loooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeee claymores
messfeeder
+31|6527|Gotham

Krappyappy wrote:

they don't need to be 'nerfed' but they do need to be tweaked.

it's stupid that you can't disarm a claymore with grenades. a claymore should be a trap that the sniper takes care to conceal. right now, it's a stop-all worryfree way to block an alley/door/etc. it's standard practice for every interior flag to be claymored these days, and there is no way to get past them short of sending a man in there to his death.

if you are a good, careful player, and discover a claymore blocking your way without setting it off, you should be able to disarm it, without being an engineer, by tossing a grenade at it. you will still get plenty of claymore kills, because most players just aren't that careful, and more often than not, a blind corner will guarantee you a claymore kill.

BUT IF YOU CAN SEE A CLAYMORE YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO RUN INTO IT TO SET IT OFF
Perfectly put.  I hate when I see the claymore and I know the sniper is at the top of the building behind it, but I can't go get the kill until I've run into two clays on the way up, giving him two kills for my one.  Why in the hell can I not destroy the damn clays with a grenade?
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6719|Las Vegas
nevermind....already stated earlier.....

Last edited by ShotYourSix (2006-06-16 02:46:16)

Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6580|England
fuck it lets nerf everything
the_ubernoob_
+8|6743
Make claymores destructable again.  The claymore is supposed to watch the sniper's back while his attention is tunneled down the scope of the sniper rifle.  The claymore in its current state acts as a one way wall that can be placed on any road.  Friendlies can move through at will, while enemies get killed by something they can't stop.

There are two ways to balance the claymores.

A: make friendlies set off claymores again.  This would get claymores out of one way roads and hallways and instead encourage players to set them up near their sniper spots where friendlies probably won't set them off.  Of-course we all remember how claymores are to noobs like honey is to flies.

B: make them destructable by explosives.  I believe this is the better choice for 2 reasons.

1: it encourages players to think about claymore placement.  If they place the claymore in an obvious spot then they won't get any kills with it.

2: it helps the sniper cover his 6 even if the mine is disabled.  Even though the sniper's vision is tunneled down the rifle, the explosion destroying his claymore should alert his sense of hearing that an enemy has gotten past his first line of defense.
spuddy1981
+10|6362|england
I think claymores should be powerful but you should have to set a trip / laser the set the explosive, not just run round lobbing them over your sholder. 

And if a claymore is shot it should detonate.
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6544|Sverige (SWE)
if no clay´s then no AT-mine, endless medic bag or resupply....... if you don´t like clay´s don´t run after me.....
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6631|New Hampshire, USA
Hrm, that poll isnt one-sided...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
theelviscerator
+19|6288
Nerf medic and support.

2 packs each till you hit a crate.

Now cry!
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6692|Calgary
Nerf you   
Madhadda1
+270|6544|Cedar Rapids, Iowa
wow thanks for raising a topic almost one year old...
T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6422|My room
You know what's funny...the poll is biased. You want to make a poll, make it fair, you nidiot.

Claymores are a defense that can be used in an offensive way. You're jealous because of their versatality. If you hate people using claymores, walk AROUND them, or be creative in your approach to a base.

Duh.
Tompie913
I like Chinese
+12|6383|Pittsburgh, PA

tip700 wrote:

You can remove then with wrench.
Why don't you try that
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6682|The Lou
Im off to whore the moores, beware if youre going to play right now
morphman001
+9|6561|Melbourne
Clay,s are fine......but these idiots who just run/drive in/over mines and clay,s are what bothers me!
Jagexx
+1|6169

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

lets just make it so you cant kill anyone with anything.
.....will everyone be happy then.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6446|Chicago, IL

morphman001 wrote:

Clay,s are fine......but these idiots who just run/drive in/over mines and clay,s are what bothers me!
Yeah, i hate it when my driver runs over a cleary visible mine and kills us all, or when some noob detonates the claymore we all already saw, and were slowly retreating from.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6577|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

lets just make it so you cant kill anyone with anything.
.....will everyone be happy then.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6525|South Florida

monkeyboy wrote:

Am I the only one left puzzled why the constant claymore abuse is still going on? Since 1.2 they've become the weapon of choice for many people and it ruins the gameplay in a lot of servers.

I think they seriously need nerfing somehow.

There's 2 good ways they could do this. They could leave the new no friendly fire thing alone, but make it so explosives can detonate the claymores.

They could remove the no friendly fire thing, but make it so the sniper doesn't get any TK's from claymores.

Of course, the second option is going to be open to abuse, with people using claymores on airstrips to TK for planes, so the first option of making them detonate with explosives is probably much better.
I saw nerf/remove Clays and Nades. Or put a nade limit so inf servers arent gay. I hate Clays 100% and i hate nades like 80%! Both need to go. There fucking gay and for useless players who cant fight with real guns.
15 more years! 15 more years!
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6527|Belgium

Let's all stop reviving old threads
... will everyone be happy then.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard