JE3146
+109|6574|Oregon
Anyone else getting this? Possible causes maybe?
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6640|Wigan. Manchester. England.
i did at first but then i installed it again then it worked lol...

try it dude
JE3146
+109|6574|Oregon

scottomus0 wrote:

i did at first but then i installed it again then it worked lol...

try it dude
Figured out what it may be.

I had my BF2.exe renamed to BF22.exe and it specifically patches BF2.exe.

So I renamed it back to default and am trying it again. Hope this works
{CN}420
+30|6681
It won't work, I did that on the 1.22 patch. Had to reinstall everything. Good luck though.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6768|Toronto Canada
yeah i had my bf2 set as bf21.exe. i changed it back to bf2.exe and reinstalled
then it worked. try that
trepid_jesse
+4|6722
This happened to me the 1.3 patch, and the last patch, and both times I found that I had to re-install BF2 and apply the patches inorder to correct the problem.

Of course, it seems like there should be an easier and more intuitive solution.
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6702|NCFSU2
I'm having the same damn problem. I can only get as far as the Loading Account Profile or whatever screen and get to watch the 2 spin around for ages and get NOTHING...

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, uninstalled SF, downloading the full patch for the 4th time... I really think that EA is purposely trying to alienate it's fan base... This is shit.
diglow~Flow
+32|6630|British Columbia, Canada
does anyone get when you click on a server once does the server like disappear?
Herackles
+33|6630

DeadboyUSMC wrote:

I'm having the same damn problem. I can only get as far as the Loading Account Profile or whatever screen and get to watch the 2 spin around for ages and get NOTHING...

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, uninstalled SF, downloading the full patch for the 4th time... I really think that EA is purposely trying to alienate it's fan base... This is shit.
I was getting the same problem.  In the end I felt like a dumbass when I found out that I only had to be a bit more patient with the whole process.  It turns out that it takes BF a little while to connect and retrieve the said account.  What I thought of to be a hang, BF was simply doing it's thing, all be it taking it's sweet ass time.

My advice, when you're met with that black screen with the rotating red 2.  Simply leave it be and within a minute or two you'll have the main screen pop up.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Herackles (2006-05-23 19:05:05)

DeadboyUSMC
+65|6702|NCFSU2
Thanks for the hint Herakles, hopefully waiting longer will help. I had waited about 5 or 6 minutes before unistalling it, perhaps I need to just stop being an impatient turd and let it work out it's thang.

Last edited by DeadboyUSMC (2006-05-23 19:06:18)

Herackles
+33|6630
**UPDATE**

Another thing Dead.  It seems that the hang both of us experienced, isn't only related to the initial process of retrieving an account.  I've noticed a considerable increase in time when BF is attempting to join a server.  I just tried joining one and it took at least a handful of minutes for it to kick in.  This wasn't the case prior to 1.3, but I might have gotten used to the tweaks and the significant performance increase they provided.  I'll see if this continues after I've applied all the tweaks again.

Last edited by Herackles (2006-05-23 19:44:28)

Terrible_chester
PKM Whore
+16|6639|Prolly on wake.
what are they paying the Asshats that put these things together? whatever it is they should be arrested for stealing because they obviously dont know what the hell they are doing. Im DLing the patch now, Im going to save myself the trouble and reinstall BF2 right off then put the new patch on.
Smithy
+0|6552
Ok, im at my wits end;

I have the same problem as the OP, except re-installing BF2 altogether then applying the patch didnt fix it. Ive spent literaly 12 hours trying to get this patch on, no joke. I wont bore you with all the details but it includes a hell load of;
Installers crashing half way through;
meaning messed up files;
having to reinstall BF2 5 times;
Having to download roughly 1Gb worth of paches to try different combinations of installs, on a half meg connection!

As i say i uninstalled/ reinstalled BF2 then installed the 1.3 patch (finaly after 12 hours of trying), and get the game sort of starting - producing a black screen - adjusting the resolution (i can tell this because i can breifly see the start bar at the bottom) - flickering, then returning to desktop.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Ive spent half a day on this wonderfully marvelous patch, its 4am and im about to die with images of, EA's headless corpse at my feet, on my mind. Thanks.

Last edited by Smithy (2006-05-23 20:14:38)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6723|California

DL the full, then it will work
Smithy
+0|6552
it was the full.
siciliano732
+202|6652|New York
i downloaded the full version and it still just sits at the "finding account" screen or whatever you call that.....ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING FOR ME?!
Ryle
+1|6755|Seattle
My game wont load. goes to black screen then back to desktop. everything worked before...

I have tried:

Reinstalling game/patches.

and i have even reformated my harddrive. BF2 with no patch still wont load. LOL

sigh.
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6635|Derby, England

Check the graphics settings in game see m,ake sure they not set high, change that back to medium settings, also if its a crash to desktop, run BF2 in windows mode and let me know the error message it will give you.

Peace Boris
Smithy
+0|6552
How the fuck can we check the graphics settings in game if we cant even load it?

Well anyway, i tried a re-install of BF2 and now i cant even install the patch. I get "Patching Failed" every time. EA/Dice - What the the fuck are you playing at?!
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6635|Derby, England

Smithy wrote:

How the fuck can we check the graphics settings in game if we cant even load it?

Well anyway, i tried a re-install of BF2 and now i cant even install the patch. I get "Patching Failed" every time. EA/Dice - What the the fuck are you playing at?!
Easy tiger I'm only trying 2 help. reason game might be crashing is if you renamed your BF2.exe to sumthing ells

Peace Boris
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6754|The 70's
if you've tried numerous uninstalls/reinstalls you've probably got lots of 'remnants' in your registry etc. Try a thorough clean-up before reinstalling. If you dont have a registry cleaner or the like try CCleaner, its a very good free app, http://www.ccleaner.com/

run the cleanup, and then the check for issues, it will delete obsolete registry keys and files.
Smithy
+0|6552
Done that, to no avail. The patch installer still fails at the same spot, while doing the file 'Objects_Client.zip'. Nothing i do will resolve it. Do you think EA will refund me to cost of the game? As they have effectiveley rendered it useless with this latest patch.

What really fucks me off is that they waited ages to release this patch in order to get it perfect with no bugs. Well whats a bigger bug than not being able to install the thing? What a useless bunch of dicks they have at EA. You know they have locked the EA Battlefield2 forums so no-one can even ask for help on there, what a joke.
Husker~ifh~
Beer Consumption Expert
+25|6734|Beerville, USA
Fucking patch completely jacked my game up.  I installed it last night and all worked just fine.  When I booted up today the game reverted back to 1.1.2 and when I tried to patch it would error message that it couldn't find the BF2 folder.  So I tried to unistall the piece of shit and it only uninstalled about half of the game and errored out again.  Then I tried to re-install and the fucking thing won't open to install it, so what the fuck do I do now. 

1. I can't finish uninstalling it, I get error message?

2. I can't re-install it, I get error message or the installer just closes out?

3. I can't go into folders and delete it out, I get error messages?

So basically I can't do anything with the game with half of the game uninstalled and the other half unplayable/unpatchable/unanythingable.  I'm completely open to suggestion here.

otherwise....ANYONE WANT TO BUY A BF2 & BF2:SF set???

EA you DUMBASS FUCKTARDS...

Last edited by Husker~ifh~ (2006-05-24 14:09:00)

Husker~ifh~
Beer Consumption Expert
+25|6734|Beerville, USA

broncobullfrog wrote:

if you've tried numerous uninstalls/reinstalls you've probably got lots of 'remnants' in your registry etc. Try a thorough clean-up before reinstalling. If you dont have a registry cleaner or the like try CCleaner, its a very good free app, http://www.ccleaner.com/

run the cleanup, and then the check for issues, it will delete obsolete registry keys and files.
Okay your my new favorite super hero... that shit worked for me and was able reinstall the game, now I'm downloading the entire 1.3 patch instead of updating with incrementals, see if that fixs the crash syndrome.

thanks again
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6754|The 70's

Husker~ifh~ wrote:

broncobullfrog wrote:

Okay your my new favorite super hero... that shit worked for me and was able reinstall the game, now I'm downloading the entire 1.3 patch instead of updating with incrementals, see if that fixs the crash syndrome.

thanks again
Glad it helped.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard