ComradeWho
+50|6684|Southern California
First of all, I am having the problem some other guy is having with the server list... that is that any server with more then 10 players shows up as having a ping above 200 or 300 or more... when i do find a server that works when i click on it its ping shoots up to above 20,000..

and to make things worse when i click on the server the server i click on resorts itself to a different part of the list. here's what i mean: when i sort by ping and then see a nice server i like to join i click on it and as soon as i click on it (and the ping information updates) it jumps to a different part of the list.. so that if i double click i am joining the server that moves into the slot of the one i wanted... and clicking once to press the "join" button manually doesn't work because my selection doesn't jump with the server.. so i get to chase the server i want around - yippie! it's like a whole new game, how innovative.. they ought to create a ribbon for people who master it.

Last edited by ComradeWho (2006-05-23 11:56:03)

samfink
+31|6544
ROFLMAO! so they have made the server selection like musical chairs? well, I wish I coudlk give it a go. i don't have time at present for BF2.
ComradeWho
yeah it's hilarious
unlike everybody else who thinks the game is ruined because of medal requirements or some shit like that
my game is literally ruined because i can't join any servers that are worth a damn and my ping has been destroyed.
i may not be able to play until they fix this, if they fix this.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6555|England

I had that with 1 server....i never doubled clicked it, just single clicked it a few times (and it moved about) an it then stopped. I hit JOIN and it worked fine.

But what Ive noticed, is that any server where theres players on - and the players dont appear in the list at the bottom of the screen, upon loading the map, it crashes back to desktop. Also, the server image in the bottom right hasnt appeared in my game since the update.
O, I also had a server register a ping of something like 435675655....before refreshing and it went to 16.
samfink
+31|6544
ROFLMAOLOL! well, at leats you have time to play BF2.
JG1567JG
+110|6577|United States of America
The favorites list seemed to work a little better as far as showing the player lists but the way they jump around good luck adding any to your list without playing on them first.

Last edited by JG1567JG (2006-05-23 12:11:34)

raph[BOSS]
Lost My Connection Once Again
+19|6553|France / España
Oh Boy! what a "·$%··"·$%" patch...
My game is ruined, iam trying to re-install it and repatch with full versions it's been patching for 20 min now and my PC is burning.

God, can't EA make  things work at the firste time, for once?

NO!

Arty on EA main base quick !

Last edited by raph[BOSS] (2006-05-23 12:18:12)

ComradeWho

Snake wrote:

I had that with 1 server....i never doubled clicked it, just single clicked it a few times (and it moved about) an it then stopped. I hit JOIN and it worked fine.

But what Ive noticed, is that any server where theres players on - and the players dont appear in the list at the bottom of the screen, upon loading the map, it crashes back to desktop. Also, the server image in the bottom right hasnt appeared in my game since the update.
O, I also had a server register a ping of something like 435675655....before refreshing and it went to 16.
what you'll find isn't that you click on the server and the players don't show up..
pay close attention to the name of the server you click on
what's happening is that when you click on the server with the players it is jumping to another part of the list and what is left in it's place is some empty server or a server with a different amount of people.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6555|England

ComradeWho wrote:

Snake wrote:

what you'll find isn't that you click on the server and the players don't show up..
pay close attention to the name of the server you click on
what's happening is that when you click on the server with the players it is jumping to another part of the list and what is left in it's place is some empty server or a server with a different amount of people.
Yup, I had that (thats what I meant ) - however, after a few attempts clicking on that same server (I only had about 80 servers in the list, because since the update, the server list takes a really long time to update properly for me...) - it stopped jumping about and stayed where it was meant to be. Just took a few tries.
Didnt get that with the favourites though.
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6571|MANCHESTERRR
Fuckin bin 1.3 IMHO
johnnysz
+2|6756|Skåne
ahh i just love EA/DICE, now its a challenge just to get the game started. The server browser is totally f*'ed up.
SuB
+50|6664
no its worth it for dropping cars on snipers and not wasting precious arty
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6616|UK

samfink wrote:

ROFLMAO! so they have made the server selection like musical chairs?
indeed
Hyper
Banned
+154|6740
im not ussually one to scream OMG U FUCKED UP!!!! (ok so im lying) but ya
they totally fucked up the server browser
looks like ase is gonna be my new buddy
tip700
+9|6613
When i first looked at the server list i thought it was just a one off. Then i rebooted and had another try. To my amazement they would still swap as someone correctly said like musical chairs. its a god damn joke. how in the hell could anyone not notice such as a massive thing as the server list not working properly at all. now i just have to guess a server will have decent ping and player amount. roflmao

its just so amazing. wow is the word to describe EAs game support. not only do they make you pay for any worthable bonus content. Not only do they fail at removing obvious bugs. But they further screw shit up and really the only way to describe it is laziness. Anyone could have noticed that kinda cockup during testing. Not to mention the fact the patch number on the screen is still wrong. Its as if they just cant be arsed, and frankly they cant
samfink
+31|6544
and i think I saw this myself 9 i was the oe who made the musical chairs comment) but at least I was lookig for an emty serevr  (i wanted to test out the buggy/transport drops)
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6548|The real world
Same shitty crap mom pings here, when I joined a serv, had major fps lag and 150 ping or something, wieee GAY EA
FirePhoenix
+18|6628|hamilton, scotland
They made it dynamically update the ping list me thinks, so its always updating, whats the point in that? We ahve to chase the dam server want. On a side note, i got a new map with this patch, its called desktop and its only 1 player with an unlimited amount of time. The objective is now to find and start a bf2 map.
samfink
+31|6544
LOL. thank god I didn't get that map. I god the more common " long log in time" one. it now takes 5 mintues..............
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6548|The real world
Anyone else has real fps lag, in multiplayer, but not in Singleplayer and in Lan games?
tip700
+9|6613

FirePhoenix wrote:

They made it dynamically update the ping list me thinks, so its always updating, whats the point in that? We ahve to chase the dam server want. On a side note, i got a new map with this patch, its called desktop and its only 1 player with an unlimited amount of time. The objective is now to find and start a bf2 map.
heh made me laugh
Hyper
Banned
+154|6740

samfink wrote:

LOL. thank god I didn't get that map. I god the more common " long log in time" one. it now takes 5 mintues..............
delete your profile and retrieve it
worked great for me
i had the same problem
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6763|Hamburg, Germany

tip700 wrote:

FirePhoenix wrote:

heh made me laugh
^what he said
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6631|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
server browser is fucked for everyone else too? i thought it was just me....

this is the only time i've actually complained about a patch
except the AA update in 1.2..  i was a fucking amazing AA gunned.. then 1.2 came along.. and EVERYONE could do what i'd been doing since i started..  

oh well
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6616|UK

ComradeWho wrote:

Server list is royally screwed
well said!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard