G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6631|Sea to globally-cooled sea
I was 7 1/2 hours away from filling the time limit on combat infantry and marksman infantry medals.

They Changed the time requirements?  I'm so bummed.  the medals SHOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE to get for the person who is not dedicated to this game.  Thats why they get badges and ribbons!  I've played on average 1 1/2 hours per day since I first logged online as a private on June 18, 2005.  11 months later and I'm FINALLY eligible for medals.  and I could have gotten these medals 5 months ago by the new standings?

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I hope when they put out 2142 they don't screw us this way, but the cynic in my knows they will....
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6776|AUS, Canberra

G3|Genius wrote:

I was 7 1/2 hours away from filling the time limit on combat infantry and marksman infantry medals.

They Changed the time requirements?  I'm so bummed.  the medals SHOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE to get for the person who is not dedicated to this game.  Thats why they get badges and ribbons!  I've played on average 1 1/2 hours per day since I first logged online as a private on June 18, 2005.  11 months later and I'm FINALLY eligible for medals.  and I could have gotten these medals 5 months ago by the new standings?

I hope when they put out 2142 they don't screw us this way, but the cynic in my knows they will....
who cares, you wouldnt have wuit the game 5 months ago if you got it then anyway so whats the problem?
tor11
Grunt
+18|6765|Os , Norway
I know! F...... irritating!
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6711|Antarctica
Awards mean nothing now, just like the ranks.  Before all these new n00b ranks and resettings, being high on the leaderboard was somewhat of an accomplishment, now anyone can get up there.  The awards are the same way now, any n00b can have the pretty badges that you played so hard for.  EA just ruined their ranking system for anyone but n00bs.
Tagmaestro
+6|6710|New Jersey
https://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8636/waaahmbulance0yf.png
Thump-GoA-
Thump the ARTY finder!!
+31|6666
I was 19 wins away from my WCR!!!  Now I need 15000 more command points!!!!  FOOOK!  Ooo well.....Here I go to command whore some more!
mad scotsman
+177|6614|scotland
im like 100 hours short af all expert badges, but now the patch is out i expect ill have all the rquirements,,,and more,, which is a bit of a pain considering i was so close to general before this pussy ass patch
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6725|California

pretty much owned
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6815|Marathon, Florida Keys
why dont you cut the cutie picture crap, its not funny at all, and infact he and vengence are right, awards arnt really special anymore.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
ComradeWho
+50|6700|Southern California

G3|Genius wrote:

dude i bought the game around the same time and average about the same hours
i was about 45 hours away from these. im with you on this.

i am just glad they didn't change the combat action medal requirements as i am 162 kills away from that

Last edited by ComradeWho (2006-05-23 13:17:38)

FromTheAshes
+53|6710
Eh, Ima be #1 when 2414 comes out, ima be first to buy it an everythin, play 24/7
Seaneroo
+12|6664
Does anyone have a summary of the changes in ranks/badge/medal requirements?  If so, please post!
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6638|USA
could not have said it better
Seaneroo
+12|6664

Seaneroo wrote:

Does anyone have a summary of the changes in ranks/badge/medal requirements?  If so, please post!
Never mind, found it:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=25621
Linus
+53|6658
dude, this is classic EA... I know.. its a shame...

They are totally out of their element in WAR FPS games.. They havent a clue..

They issue a patch that stops bunny hopping because some retards say its unrealistic...
but leave in the medic class that can bring dead people back to life on the battlefield..
hahahahahahahahaha yeah thats realistic.. (no, im not against medic class, just using
it as an example..)

Im just waiting for the patch where they issue every class a light sabre, and change
the jets to tie fighters..
  dont laugh, its probably on their to-do list..

EA are morons.

I wouldnt let them program the clock on my VCR..
David_Lynch
+2|6560

Linus wrote:

They issue a patch that stops bunny hopping because some retards say its unrealistic...
but leave in the medic class that can bring dead people back to life on the battlefield..
hahahahahahahahaha yeah thats realistic.. (no, im not against medic class, just using
it as an example..)

Im just waiting for the patch where they issue every class a light sabre, and change

EA are morons.

There is a difference between dead and critically wounded.  You do know this right?

God, I hope so.
Darky
Hi..
+71|6567|Here.

David_Lynch wrote:

Linus wrote:

it as an example..)

EA are morons.

There is a difference between dead and critically wounded.  You do know this right?

God, I hope so.
Lol, was gonna say something along similar lines.
ComradeWho
+50|6700|Southern California

Darky wrote:

David_Lynch wrote:

Linus wrote:

it as an example..)

EA are morons.

God, I hope so.
Lol, was gonna say something along similar lines.
ah so true
next time a grenade goes off four feet away from me i pray i'll be "critically wounded" and not dead so somebody with a defibrillator can charge me once and i can go about my business
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6627|Gold coast, Aus.
And do you want to stand near a dead body for 10 minutes of your match to revive someone that can spawn in 15 seconds???  nope. didn't think so.
1337_ski11z
+7|6556

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Awards mean nothing now, just like the ranks.  Before all these new n00b ranks and resettings, being high on the leaderboard was somewhat of an accomplishment, now anyone can get up there.  The awards are the same way now, any n00b can have the pretty badges that you played so hard for.  EA just ruined their ranking system for anyone but n00bs.
i agree and im a noob lol
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6794|Singapore

Yeah yeah everytime you get killed go buy a new game eh?
comet241
+164|6770|Normal, IL

Linus wrote:

it as an example..)

EA are morons.

i cant wait for that patch to come out so i can get my lightsaber badge!!!!!

agree that some things in the game are very unrealistic, yet they cater to people why bitch and moan every time something little that gets them killed a lot cause they dont know how to adapt, so they go ahead and remove jumping and shooting at the same time..... yea..... among other things... but now you can drop vehicles out of thin air???? im ready for bf 2142 cause then nobody could bitch and moan about the game not being realistic: "No way could your anti-matter photon blaster destroy the armor on my dz432 anti-vehicle armored transport with dual plasma cores and anti-light emitters!!! NOZ WAY!!!!!!!! HAX!!!!!"
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6555|CH/BR - in UK

comet241 wrote:

Linus wrote:

it as an example..)

EA are morons.

i cant wait for that patch to come out so i can get my lightsaber badge!!!!!

agree that some things in the game are very unrealistic, yet they cater to people why bitch and moan every time something little that gets them killed a lot cause they dont know how to adapt, so they go ahead and remove jumping and shooting at the same time..... yea..... among other things... but now you can drop vehicles out of thin air???? im ready for bf 2142 cause then nobody could bitch and moan about the game not being realistic: "No way could your anti-matter photon blaster destroy the armor on my dz432 anti-vehicle armored transport with dual plasma cores and anti-light emitters!!! NOZ WAY!!!!!!!! HAX!!!!!"
LOL
Horray, finally a game where you can't really blame a guy for HAX for sureXD you always have to check what the weapons do first:D
Maybe in that game it will actually make sense that you get blinded by a flashbang that exploded behind your tank
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6653
sad that you guys define yourself over your shiny little badges and time in the field and not your actual skill... your whining is pathetic..
Cursed You
+64|6593|Idaho
Imagine how my friend felt.  He was playing since it first came out, like back when regular sarge was 20k points.  Theyve nerfed everything he's ever worked for.  Those 3 army class medals (navy cross gold scim etc.), he got navy cross a few weeks before they announced they were going to change it.  Its not so much earning the badges, its them getting changed on you.  Personally, I want to base my talent on my KDR and not how many badges I can get.  I mean hell anyone can get badges and there are tons of people who have them, but seeing someone trying to vote kick me because I sniped them out of their heli, thats where the real goals are.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard