elmo1337
Banned
+186|6529|The real world
it bothers me that in some servers, they react differently, today in a server I hit every heli

yesterday in a official war, I couldnt steer it for shit, just didnt react real good, makes me so aggresive
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6713|Malaga, España
Eh? Choppers react differently in other servers? Ping or something?

I never noticed it. but sounds pretty bad
johnnysz
+2|6737|Skåne
Maybe it has something to do with your ping?
When its laggy its hard to hit anything with the tv.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6567|Seattle

johnnysz wrote:

Maybe it has something to do with your ping?
When its laggy its hard to hit anything with the tv.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6529|The real world
Yesterday, I had 33 ping during the offi, in the pub I played today I had about 30, and in some servers with over 120 ping, the tv guided reacts perfectly, maybe its my ghetto pc
Skinnister
+43|6695|UK
what pisses me off is the tv missles that go right through a chopper on a direct hit..........
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6649|Denver, CO
well see the thing is... the default latency delay is set to 100, so if your ping is higher or lower than 100 then you're going to be either too fast or too slow.

here's how to adjust the latency:
When in-game bring up the console and type the following command.
"SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.1"
Of course the 0.1 means 100ms. So, press tab, look at your ping and replace the 0.1 with a more accurate figure eg. "0.04" (for a ping of 40ms). Remember when typing the command, don't include the quotes ("").
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6619
it goes through for mr all the time
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

INCSOC wrote:

well see the thing is... the default latency delay is set to 100, so if your ping is higher or lower than 100 then you're going to be either too fast or too slow.

Of course the 0.1 means 100ms. So, press tab, look at your ping and replace the 0.1 with a more accurate figure eg. "0.04" (for a ping of 40ms). Remember when typing the command, don't include the quotes ("").
Has anyone done this and can see a concrete difference?
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6590

Skinnister wrote:

what pisses me off is the tv missles that go right through a chopper on a direct hit..........
i know i jumped in the gunners seat on a dalian shot my tv at the heli direct hit WENT RIGHT THROUGH then the pilot goes you nub we get shot down by there tv 2 seconds later he calls me a nub for missing then out of bound kills me twice that faggot but hey his round average was 6-23.
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6649|Denver, CO

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Has anyone done this and can see a concrete difference?
I don't fly a chopper... but i did notice a difference as a sniper.  You don't have to lead a walking target almost at all to hit them, and it took care of my "smoke puff headshot" problem.
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6529|The real world
The goddamn missile is full with bugs to, sometimes it just fails to fire u hear a tsss sound but nothing happens, or it goes straight trough the thing you try to hit

the most irritating is when it doesnt reload
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6713|Malaga, España
So...my ping is 100 , what do i have to pick as that Ping trick posted above?
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6649|Denver, CO

*ToRRo*cT| wrote:

So...my ping is 100 , what do i have to pick as that Ping trick posted above?
nothing... if it's 100 then you're good to go
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623
Have you ever used tv guided missles offline? It is so much better - the missle instantly responds to every adjustment you make. It feels almost perfect.. If only it would be that way online
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
blacksheepcannibal
+24|6722
Just remember that TV guided missles drop slightly.
johnnysz
+2|6737|Skåne

Skinnister wrote:

That really sucks, it happens alot.
ggarcia
+1|6519
I know this.
Lag it's the problem.
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6529|The real world

INCSOC wrote:

worked for me, +1 karma for you
BullyBeef31
+11|6545|Good old Blighty

INCSOC wrote:

Good find +1 for you

Just a question though, do you have to do this every time you connect to a server or start a new game or will it stay as a default setting?

Last edited by BullyBeef31 (2006-05-23 07:55:28)

INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6649|Denver, CO
you know... i'm not really sure... I change mine every time since I play on different servers anyway.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6520|CH/BR - in UK

BullyBeef31 wrote:

INCSOC wrote:

Good find +1 for you

Just a question though, do you have to do this every time you connect to a server or start a new game or will it stay as a default setting?
wow...I never even think that far
+1 for you
CackNBallz
+45|6712|Toronto, Canada

BullyBeef31 wrote:

No, it stays once you have set it. If your ping changes for whatever reason or you join another server and have a different ping on that server, then you will have to change it again for optimal performance.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard