Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6646

Fredrik wrote:

Miller wrote:

I'm pissed at France only. Here's why.  In WWII we went in and saved their sorry asses (Brits too). Then when we go to Iraq take out Sadam stop some funding for terrorists and try to get his WMD, they sit by and say "We do not believe in fighting."  Once we have cleared most of the enemy out then they come in and "We would like ot help rebuild Iraq." Yeah, no. Fuck off.  You Brits were cool though, you helped us out.  Oh btw, where would Europe be right now without us? Well, most would be under communism, Japan saved you when they attacked us at Pearl Harbor. Well, I seem to be getting a migrane thinking about this shit. I'll be back later.
Iraq never was a threat to any other countries...
Apparently you don't get out much. Ever heard of that time they fought against Iran? Ever heard of that time a bunch of people went missing all the sudden and then we found mass graves?

Not justifying the crappy excuses used to go to war btw. Just making a point.
Togidubnus
+0|6557|Belgium

Miller wrote:

Oh btw, where would Europe be right now without us? Well, most would be under communism
im sure 50 years of technologie is unpredictable...i think if you americans was less greedy europe would be the one pointing the finger today...same as your "so called" rescue actions (we went in and saved their sorry asses (Brits too). ) proves again americans just have a big ego...is there actualy one historical event in american history that is justified? and don't tell me killing all them indians for the land is one...from pers view i think europe is most important continent and not only for its location..."Oh btw, where would Europe be right now without us? Well, most would be under communism"... lmao ... if you look at pictures of WWII at the time Hitler was on his role you see that europe already was his...it probly would grow larger...and larger...
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6596|Seattle

Togidubnus wrote:

Miller wrote:

Oh btw, where would Europe be right now without us? Well, most would be under communism
im sure 50 years of technologie is unpredictable...i think if you americans was less greedy europe would be the one pointing the finger today...same as your "so called" rescue actions (we went in and saved their sorry asses (Brits too). ) proves again americans just have a big ego...is there actualy one historical event in american history that is justified? and don't tell me killing all them indians for the land is one...from pers view i think europe is most important continent and not only for its location..."Oh btw, where would Europe be right now without us? Well, most would be under communism"... lmao ... if you look at pictures of WWII at the time Hitler was on his role you see that europe already was his...it probly would grow larger...and larger...
I think if America was a little MORE greedy, we'd pwn you. Think about it.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Buzerk1
+44|6835

Miller wrote:

I'm pissed at France only. Here's why.  In WWII we went in and saved their sorry asses (Brits too). Then when we go to Iraq take out Saddam stop some funding for terrorists and try to get his WMD, they sit by and say "We do not believe in fighting."  Once we have cleared most of the enemy out then they come in and "We would like ot help rebuild Iraq." Yeah, no. Fuck off.  You Brits were cool though, you helped us out.  Oh btw, where would Europe be right now without us? Well, most would be under communism, Japan saved you when they attacked us at Pearl Harbor. Well, I seem to be getting a migrane thinking about this shit. I'll be back later.
Since your are so good with History, guess who help what would later become the USA beat the Brits? The same Brits you like so much now.

Yeah, you guess it right, the French... funny isn't it? I wonder where you would be without their help back then.

Only history will tell us if invading Iraq was the last best resort.  Because going to war should always be the last resort. May be that's why France and other countries didn't fallow through as they were not convince it was time to go to war.

Instead of judging other countries because they didn't agree, may be you should try to understand why they didn't agree.

FYI.: They never find any WMD before the war, during or after. And actually, the CIA and other "intelligence agency" agree there was NO concrete evidence of their existence.
mikkel
+383|6600

Miller wrote:

Oh btw, where would Europe be right now without us?
Same place you would be without Europe. Off to the store to get the latest in Swastika accessories.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS
My opinion? That this whole 'we saved your ass 50 years ago so you have to help us now - even if you don't see why' is childish (especially after you helped write the treaty which helped start WWII in the first place). Grow the fuck up. Worlds change. People, unfourtunately, don't.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
rdx-fx
+955|6590
Mathematical Truth;
everywhere you go, 50% of the population will be of below average intelligence...

Out of every nationality I've met, there seems to be a pretty consistent mix of open-minded reasonable people, closed minded opinionated assholes, ignorant mouthbreathing jackasses, rah rah 'we're the greatest' zealots, and a small number of truly all-around brilliant people.

To my (American) mind, oriental culture is probably the hardest to understand.  Korean especially.
German and Russian, as generalized cultures, were the easiest. (I've German and Russian family backround).
Arabic, Persian, Turkish, etc, etc.. not too difficult to find some common ground with.
UK isn't too bad, once you get past the foreign language Too easy to make false assumptions based on the similarity of language.  (I speak American, not English.. there's an important distinction there).

Except France.
I shall take a small break from my efforts to be a reasonable, understanding, openminded American for a brief minute here...
<Fuck France!  Thanks for the Statue of Liberty and all, but.. Napolean lost.. a while ago.  Get over yourselves already.  Condescending Egotistical Zealots, man...  If an American thinks you have an overinflated ego - you know you've got a big head. (We might not have invented the industrial grade Ego, but we sure as hell 'Supersized' it.)>
Perhaps just my unfortunate luck - but French people seemed universally condescending to Americans, no matter what.  French-Canadians seemed even worse - like they were over-compensating for not being 'real French' or something...

Now, if there's a reasonable, open-minded Frenchman around here, I'd love to hear from them.  I'd love to be wrong about them.  Really.  I'm more likely to bet that a stable government will spontaneously form in Iraq within the next 6 months though...

Last edited by rdx-fx (2006-05-22 00:16:46)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6809|NÃ¥rvei

Hm .... as we originate from the same offspring i say we are all bastards.

Yes we Europeans are more arrogant and think of ourselves to be more cultivated, and many Americans see themselves as fat, lazy and have the world police attitude.

Not sure what the intent of the thread is but i find it meaningless to discuss who is more this or who is more that ....... and thats because we all kinda depend on the other ..... ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6779|Great Brown North
well id rather talk to a european at this rate.... at least they dont USUALY (not always) go around telling me how amazing their country is and that everyone in canada lives in igloos , i did have one american explain to me why it would be good for the US to invade Canada once.... and i didnt even ask him to :\
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6574
This topic is a load of shite, no one is better than anyone else and why do people start these arguments in forums anyway?
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6828|Grapevine, TX

Fredrik wrote:

Miller wrote:

I'm pissed at France only. Here's why.  In WWII we went in and saved their sorry asses (Brits too). Then when we go to Iraq take out Saddam stop some funding for terrorists and try to get his WMD, they sit by and say "We do not believe in fighting."  Once we have cleared most of the enemy out then they come in and "We would like ot help rebuild Iraq." Yeah, no. Fuck off.  You Brits were cool though, you helped us out.  Oh btw, where would Europe be right now without us? Well, most would be under communism, Japan saved you when they attacked us at Pearl Harbor. Well, I seem to be getting a migraine thinking about this shit. I'll be back later.
Iraq never was a threat to any other countries...
Not on Topic, and what rock have you been sleeping under for the last decade? Or do you work at The United Nations?
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6745

Custom refrigerators...color tvs.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS

daffytag wrote:

This topic is a load of shite, no one is better than anyone else and why do people start these arguments in forums anyway?
That is oen of the smartest questions I've seen today.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6560

Miller wrote:

I'm pissed at France only. Here's why.  In WWII we went in and saved their sorry asses (Brits too).
But you only went in *after* Pearl Harbour, and Russia did more to win the war than America.  Not only that, but that saved your asses in your war against the British.  Remember that?

They show admiration for Australians.  Why?  In both World Wars we assisted France/Britain, despite also fighting Japan in WWII.

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Not on Topic, and what rock have you been sleeping under for the last decade? Or do you work at The United Nations?
I think he means post First Gulf War.  And he's probably right.

Last edited by Bubbalo (2006-05-22 01:33:24)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6554
I guess we have a right to be. Thousands of years of history. Diverse mix of distinct cultures and languages. A society that, by and large, doesn't leave the little guy behind. On the other hand, Americans are a bunch of burger-eating, coke-swilling, trigger happy savages who, when they don't get what they want - turn to violence.

PS French and UK are extremely arrogant. I'd be the lone example of arrogance in Ireland. THe rest of Europe doesn't really give a toss.
Sub-Zero79
Man...I'm freezing!
+65|6624|Ghost Town
I agree with daffytag too. It makes no difference for me where you guys came from...America, Europe, Australia or else where. In every country there might be people who are arrogant and think they are special and better then all others. I'm German and I respect people as they behave and not what country they are from because I think we are all men.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6631|Finland

"Stereotypes are considered to be a group concept, held by one social group about another. They are often used in a negative or prejudicial sense and are frequently used to justify certain discriminatory behaviours. More benignly, they may express sometimes-accurate folk wisdom about social reality.

Often a stereotype is a negative caricature or inversion of some positive characteristic possessed by members of a group, exaggerated to the point where it becomes repulsive or ridiculous.

Stereotype production is based on:

* Simplification
    * Exaggeration or distortion
    * Generalization"

Source
I need around tree fiddy.
jackalope1
+-4|6552
dont hate all of europe .. just france
some brits are cool

the bigger problem is all these canadiens who think thier opinions matter

Last edited by jackalope1 (2006-05-22 02:01:23)

Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6590|Scarborough Yorkshire England
Americans are all europeans anyway
Aussie's are all brits
and the uk monarchy is German
Cactusfist
Pusher of sausages Down Hallways
+26|6567

Bubbalo wrote:

But you only went in *after* Pearl Harbour, and Russia did more to win the war than America.  Not only that, but that saved your asses in your war against the British.  Remember that?
I gasped a HUGE sigh of relief when i read that. EVERYONE overlooks the Russians part in WW2, if they hadnt have broken Hitler's assault at Stalingrad, then we can only speculate what would  have happenned. America DID lend a helping hand, but it was too late to be of any real significance. Ive had lengthy class discussions, and we came to the conclusion Hitler wouldn't have been able to conquer Europe without more territory, manpower and natural resources, and for that he needed to move into russia. Thankully the Russians were none too happy about him sackin half their land and managed to turn him around and drive him back to Berlin. I just cant see why people just cant accept it was a MIXTURE of things that won WW2 for the Allies, not Solely russia, not England being great, not America "saving our sorry asses". Just grow up and get some TOLERANCE.

This is why i think the Buddhists are the most pleasant people. Theyre so understanding and humble.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6840|Cologne, Germany

yeah, there is a serious debate for you...

daffytag wrote:

This topic is a load of shite, no one is better than anyone else and why do people start these arguments in forums anyway ??
No one is better than anyone else, and judging people you have never met before on stereotypes won't get us anywhere.

I'll close this, and also the respective US thread.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard