joker8baller
+68|6667
lolllll l85a1 is really good ^^
l95a1 is really good... but I like the l85a1 better right now...
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6739|Pakistan/England

[GDC]SinnFein wrote:

On a completely different sidenote: If someone could get FRAPS of the double reloads and let me know, during testing I've always been tied up with other things and haven't been able to focus on the reload. If I can get several Fraps of it, it'll get fixed for next patch..thanks
unless somebody has the full version of fraps and they keep it recording for quite a while, its gonna be real hard to get it on tape cos its quite a rare occurence..

P.S. sorry i spawn-raped you on the wake arty island the other day!  You left not too long after you joined the server
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6720|California

bittorrent fraps, its soo much cheaper
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6642|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

tahadar wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

L86a1 on single shot
[note: L86a1 medic unlock not L96 sniper unlock]

Try it on Wake as Chinese.  Just once.
Sit by the bunkers at the ends of the island and snipe at the U.S. artillery island.
i think the medic unlock is the L85
thats what he just said if i read it correctly
tahadar
Sniper!!

spawnofthemist wrote:

tahadar wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

L86a1 on single shot
[note: L86a1 medic unlock not L96 sniper unlock]

Try it on Wake as Chinese.  Just once.
Sit by the bunkers at the ends of the island and snipe at the U.S. artillery island.
i think the medic unlock is the L85
thats what he just said if i read it correctly
l86 Vs L85 no big deal i know

the_black_rat(ss) aka ssonrats sniped with that thing the other day

Last edited by tahadar (2006-05-21 13:05:42)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6720|California

snipe with a shotgun on wake, and i will give you oral pleasures
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

stryyker wrote:

i will give you oral pleasures
You give those out too much dude.
tahadar
Sniper!!

stryyker wrote:

"you cannot karma the same person within 24 hrs"
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.
I use the L96a1,i guess i'l be a shadow of a sniper until i use some other rifle.
Des.Kmal
+917|6618|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
hmm.... this has gone on way to long... wow, lol
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?
+63|6787|Meiriceá - frm 'Real Capital'

tahadar wrote:

[GDC]SinnFein wrote:

On a completely different sidenote: If someone could get FRAPS of the double reloads and let me know, during testing I've always been tied up with other things and haven't been able to focus on the reload. If I can get several Fraps of it, it'll get fixed for next patch..thanks
unless somebody has the full version of fraps and they keep it recording for quite a while, its gonna be real hard to get it on tape cos its quite a rare occurence..

P.S. sorry i spawn-raped you on the wake arty island the other day!  You left not too long after you joined the server
It's so rare that none of our testers have actually been able to catch it, however to a part/fulltime snipe it happens at the most inopportune times, figured I'd throw it out to the community for help:)

No worries la, I was kicked for high ping straight away after that shot:(
ComradeWho
+50|6695|Southern California
i play on servers in which my ping is 50 or less
never had what you describe happen to me and never have i done it
the bottom line is that no matter what gun you have, if ping is normal, the bullet will travel from the barrel and either hit something in it's path or if there is nothing there it will hit nothing.

the l96 is the m24 but with quicker reload and a smaller crosshair.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6720|California

usmarine2005 wrote:

stryyker wrote:

i will give you oral pleasures
You give those out too much dude.
you werent complaining when it was ur turn, why now? o.0

LordDragonclaw
RPK-74 Whore
+26|6582

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

Yesterday I went through a round 49-5 when i picked this thing up (note: if you didn't notice, i didn't die when i did pick it up)

Usually on Wake Krackhouse I got 35-6  on the average with normal guns and unlocks, no L9.

Fact is the L9 is way too good. I'll talk on my enemy's behalf when I say the bullet shoots before you even pull the trigger. I saw him duck but less than a second later he dies. I'm not the only one, it may be ping, but in Nyte and the "ss" videos you'll see it there too.

So if you want sniping props, you can't be using the L9 all the time and consider yourself good.
You cant be kidding. The L96 isnt THAT good. Id rather have the G36E or the G36C anyday. I RARELY snipe anymore and when I do I dont like that one that much. Yes is super accurate, yes it can hit people if your GOOD with it but seriously I hate bolt action snipers.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6789|Singapore

Fly a J10 and you're not a pilot..
Fly a MEC chopper and you know shit about helis...
Use the G36E and you're a n00b medic,
Use the AK-101 qand you're ALSO a n00b medic..

THe list is endless.Geez.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6765|Dallas
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!
--Brick Tamland

Again.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6789|Singapore

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

Snipers are useless.
Ah yes. And that too.
=FDX=VEga
Carlos Hathcock Jr
+7|6712|'Ull, Yorkshire, England

Todd_Angelo wrote:

=FDX=VEga wrote:

The L96A1 is widely considered to be one of the finest rifles in the world, many companies have tried to create something to rival it but it still beats 99% of them.
Except for the Parker-Hale Model 85 and Interarms contender that were also in the final testing perhaps? There was apparently "little to choose between the three" and the decision appears to have been influenced by existing SAS experience with the Accuracy International gun.

In all honesty there might be 30 guns (probably more, including historical models) that are good enough for most sniping roles. For extreme range the actual accuracy of individual rifles can and does vary beyond the paper performance - just like with cars you can get a good one and a lemon - so a lot of this is just theoretical anyway. And let's not forget a Ma Deuce was used for Hathcock's famous kill!
You're correct about the Parker-Hale Model 85 being a big contender to the Accuracy International, but that was the Accuracy International PM as opposed to the AW (Arctic Warfare) which the British Army has since adopted as the L96A1. The PM was the original model but the AW is vastly improved.
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6728|Honolulu, HI

stryyker wrote:

Maybe not on Wake but it's somewhat possible to snipe with the shotgun regardless of the map.

I used to pull out the pistol for midrange targets as Engy, but now I realize the pump shotgun isn't so bad.  It does 30x8 damage (30 per "pellet", 8 "pellets" per shot).  At mid range (maybe ~20-30 m), as long as that circle reticle completely surrounds the target, you're likely to get 1 or 2 of the pellets to hit.  That's a better bet than spraying the pistol.  Not sure what the official distance is, but I got 3 M11-87 kills in a row from the roof of the Construction Site to players at the top of the Surveillance Post on Sharqi with one standard load of 7 shells.  You can, sorta, snipe with the pump shotgun, at least.  Try it. *gasp*

The AWP is a fine sniper rifle, the bolt-action mechanism is 0.2 seconds faster than the M24 or M95 and the crosshairs are literally cross-hairs, so damn thin you can get the headshot at insane range.

Wouldn't mind seeing a PSG-1 in the game though.
thejigga
+8|6555

[GDC]SinnFein wrote:

the double reload happens because of lag spikes. it doesnt just happen with the l96a1, it happens with every gun if you hit one of these spikes. ive had it happen to me with every gun ive ever used and its most annoying with the dao-12.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

I think Sniping is one of the hardest professions in the game - to be good at it is at least - and having the L96A1 dosn't make you immediatly good. No gun does.
The L96A1 is exactly the same as an M24 aside from the slightly thinner crosshairs and sound when firing. The thinner crosshairs hardly means that it's a rifle that makes Sniping 'too easy'. It's all about preference when chosing between the three bolt-action rifles, as they all do the same damage. The L96A1 is the preferance for a lot of people - myself included.

I use the L96A1, and I call myself a Sniper. A fucking good one if I do say so myself, and believe me when I say that it is my skill that makes me good, not my choice of rifle.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
No_Smoking
all your base are belong to us
+35|6697|Sacramento
The logic behind the OP's reasoning is soo funny heh..
Its like saying "if you use a gun in the army, you shouldnt call yourself a soldier." thats stupid.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6621|Gold coast, Aus.
long range= L96A1
Only because I suck at bullet drop with the other guns. when on MEC or PLA I use L96A1. On USMC I like to use the m24. Much fun.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6841|Cologne, Germany

yay, another sniper thread.

really, the only noticeable difference between the three bolt-action rifles seems to be the different crosshairs, sounds, and overall "feel" of the gun. I'd agree though, that the L96 has the crosshair that is the easiest to operate with. 
Still, I have always believed that proper movement and shot selection are the qualities that make a good sniper, not the kind of rifle he uses ingame. A fast PC and internet connection will do the rest.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard