liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6626|UK

liquidat0r wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Can I get some help, please. For the Auto login to work do I add

"D:\Battlefield 2" +playerName (T)eflon(S)hadow +playerPassword  xxxxxxx

to the shortcut? I can't seem to get this to work. Nice work, +1 Karma 4U.
that is correct. Are you sure your username and password are completely correct?

Angel.C-sq wrote:

I may be stupid but isnt D:\Battlefield 2 not supposed to end with bf2.exe?
... yes that could help... duh. I completely missed that.

@ (T)eflon(S)hadow. Your path should be
"D:\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +playerName (T)eflon(S)hadow +playerPassword  xxxxxxx
(Or wherever your BF2 is installed to)
[LdB:MaxX]
Noobs: For Dummies
+2|6547
What a great guide, Thanks alot
Souljah
+42|6667
nice guide +1
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6626|UK
As a result of this post, i have added some stuff about changing the loading music of BF2
Yahooligun
+9|6561
wow nice tips liquidator..im starting right away!!  ^^
Reaxzion
HOU A.U.B. JE MUIL!
+44|6594|Europe and goddamn proud of it
Nice guide! +1 for that.

(Btw. Does anyone know why I can't start threads in the featured posts section? I've already searched the forum for a answer but I couldn't find one, forgive if I'm wrong)

Last edited by Reaxzion (2006-06-05 10:17:20)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6626|UK

Reaxzion wrote:

(Btw. Does anyone know why I can't start threads in the featured posts section? I've already searched the forum for a answer but I couldn't find one, forgive if I'm wrong)
If you make a good poste, a mod/admin will move it into the featured posts section. e.g. I originaly posted this into BF2 - Chatter

Last edited by liquidat0r (2006-06-05 10:22:38)

SargeJp
+87|6749|Canada
Very nice guide.. I'm adding this thread page to my favs. +1

Jp
Reaxzion
HOU A.U.B. JE MUIL!

liquidat0r wrote:

Reaxzion wrote:

If you make a good poste, a mod/admin will move it into the featured posts section. e.g. I originaly posted this into BF2 - Chatter
Ok, thanks!

*starting to write a guide*
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6626|UK

Reaxzion wrote:

Ok, thanks!

good luck.. you'll need it. most of the suff has been covered

Last edited by liquidat0r (2006-06-05 10:36:20)

Reaxzion
HOU A.U.B. JE MUIL!

liquidat0r wrote:

Reaxzion wrote:

Ok, thanks!

good luck.. you'll need it. most of the suff has been covered
Thanks, doesn't matter, I'll give it my best shot!
messmessmess17
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
+54|6552|london, enlgand
I Love Polar Bears
          ^
just like to say that the
comment made above
was not me it was my bro
being childish

Last edited by (kntl)messmessmess17 (2006-06-13 12:03:10)

Aphex_D
I live for the 306
+26|6641|Uk
Good stuff, Done all the tips and the game runs smoothly
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6626|UK

(kntl)messmessmess17 wrote:

I Love Polar Bears
WTF!

Aphex_D wrote:

Good stuff, Done all the tips and the game runs smoothly
nice to know that i am helping
Aphex_D
I live for the 306
+26|6641|Uk
The auto login and the pb update is pretty cool.
ikillyou9090
+24|6547
my sniper instincts are coming to me...
i have like 100 sniper killls and like 20,000 deaths, not that i checked. its a good guess tho:P

i got that sniper power now..
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6626|UK

ikillyou9090 wrote:

my sniper instincts are coming to me...
i have like 100 sniper killls and like 20,000 deaths, not that i checked. its a good guess tho:P

i got that sniper power now..
WTF!
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6648|South Korea.
Ok I love ths tut, but I am having problems with the loading music. I tried to make my own custom loading Chinese music from audacity and the lame encoder, renamed it. Now I did put it in my custom mod, but that should not matter. When I load Daqing there is just no sound at all, it's almost like I did not convert the .mp3 into .ogg, which I know I did. Any ideas?
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6626|UK

Citizen One wrote:

Ok I love ths tut,
ty

Citizen One wrote:

but I am having problems with the loading music. I tried to make my own custom loading Chinese music from audacity and the lame encoder, renamed it.
sounds correct so far...

Citizen One wrote:

Now I did put it in my custom mod, but that should not matter.
If you put it in your custom mod folder then it will only work in that mod...

Citizen One wrote:

When I load Daqing there is just no sound at all, it's almost like I did not convert the .mp3 into .ogg, which I know I did.
does it work with other maps? If it does then i have no idea why it does not work in Daqing. If it doesn't then i assume that something went wrong (duh!) and i would recommend doing the process again.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6648|South Korea.
Nah it wont work on any levels, I have a copy of Daqing in my custom mod, and I put in the Chinese loading music into my custom mods local client zip. Since the game will load loading music from the most local location available, it SHOULD work, but I dont hear anything at all, just silence, I cranked up my volume all the way but still nothing, My friend also used this tut and edited the core BF2 files too see if it work that way but it never worked and he got a punkbuster errors every time he played a map, so he re-instaled. I suggest if you dont know how to make this work, remove that part of the tut, so as to stop people messing up there game.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6626|UK

Citizen One wrote:

I suggest if you dont know how to make this work, remove that part of the tut, so as to stop people messing up there game.
good plan!

EDIT: I might change to say: "only do this with a mod to aviod punkbuster errors. Do not do this in your normal bf2

Howver, i did not have any problems. maybe i just go lucky.  anyway, i have not got this customization for my bf2 'on' at the moment

Last edited by liquidat0r (2006-06-12 09:55:13)

[KNTL]Terminator
[KNTL] - Kill Now Think Later
+6|6535|London, England
nice guide liquidat0r, v helpfull. Why don't you post this on our site?

Last edited by [KNTL]Terminator (2006-06-12 10:47:07)

Lt.Garbo
Commander God
+41|6655|Denver, CO

liquidat0r wrote:

This file contains details of your on-line account including the user name (GameSpyNick), the Email attached to that name, and the Password (encrypted). You can't change these details here - doing so will have no impact on your on-line account, except maybe cause problems logging on or with Punk buster. If you want to change your on-line account name, email, or both, the correct way to do so is by going directly to the GameSpyID site, and first login using your current details. Then change the relevant information, enter the correct password and submit it to save the changes. Then when you return to BF2, enter your new details and retrieve your new account details then login to your multi-player account.
This only worked PARTIALLY for me.  When I log in, it still shows my OLD nick "Lt.Garbo" but in BFHQ, it shows the nick I tried to change it to "C.Garbo."  In the game, however, it's still displays "Lt.Garbo."
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6626|UK

Lt.Garbo wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

This file contains details of your on-line account including the user name (GameSpyNick), the Email attached to that name, and the Password (encrypted). You can't change these details here - doing so will have no impact on your on-line account, except maybe cause problems logging on or with Punk buster. If you want to change your on-line account name, email, or both, the correct way to do so is by going directly to the GameSpyID site, and first login using your current details. Then change the relevant information, enter the correct password and submit it to save the changes. Then when you return to BF2, enter your new details and retrieve your new account details then login to your multi-player account.
This only worked PARTIALLY for me.  When I log in, it still shows my OLD nick "Lt.Garbo" but in BFHQ, it shows the nick I tried to change it to "C.Garbo."  In the game, however, it's still displays "Lt.Garbo."
ah, i forgot that this was still in the guide. I need to take it out.
You can not change your online gaming name.
messmessmess17
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
+54|6552|london, enlgand

[KNTL]Terminator wrote:

nice guide liquidat0r, v helpfull. Why don't you post this on our site?
thanks for that very useful commment alex

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard