NASTIE_BUTLER
+55|6768|3 Miles west of smurf village
I don't post much but recently I feel like writing so I thought I would post something to help people and maybe get a lil neg karma while I am at it.

Ok I think the best thing you can do if you are pubbing out there alone is to know who the morons are so you can avoid them.  This will actually help your stats and I'm sure most of the people reading this are very interested in this:

VOIP?  VOIP?  CAN YOU HEAR ME I AM SAYING VOIP!!!!!!!

If you join a full squad and ask a question and all you get in response is the sound of your own voice then you are in a squad full of idiots.  Those without mics need to go to radio shack with ten bucks and get a mic.  Those without VOIP turned on are REAL MORONS and they only serve one purpose...to move a video game character around so that you can shoot at it.  I won't waste time explaining why cause I can't think of anything funny to say about it.

COMMANDERATOR

If you are in a large game 32 players or above at the beginning of a round and the commander is in the front lines fighting he is a moron.  Join the other team and get your precious win for gods sake.  The mic rule applies for the commander as well.

HEY IM A PILOT NOW!!!

So you have been lucky enough to get the gunner's seat and you and your (private first class) pilot are ready to go.  If the first thing that he does is charge headlong at a tank, or worse, at infantry with all eight rockets get the hell out of the chopper as soon as possible.  Again...mic rule.

HEY IM A GUNNER NOW!!!

So you got partnered up with your buddy again.  Well maybe he's an ace gunner so let's see.  You face a chopper 250 meters and he unloads the main gun on it...now you know.  yadda yadda mic.

I'M GOIN SOLO

If you are in a map with far off and difficult bases to get to like the carrier in Dalian or either base set in Iron Gator and there is one lone guy in a key area that doesn't start a squad to be reinforced then he's a solo smurf.  Let him be.

HEY IM IN A SQUAD!!

If you are running with a squad and some smurf joins it not to spawn on you or to talk to you or to work with you and he is on the other side of the map then ....well you know. 

REINFORCEMENTS!!

Anyone who uses the reinforcements command on the communication menu is a moron.  No ones going to respond to it and never has in the history of the game.  Its like a bird chirping while a cats stalking it.  He just wants to yell out so the enemy can find him and put him out of his misery.

FOREIGN LANGUAGES CONFUSE ME

Anyone who has his language setting to "all english" or whatever so the characters on both sides sound alike is a dummy and probably racist.  j/k you dummies.

BEEP BEEP

If you are in a tank column along a narrow road and the tank behind you continues to stay there instead of beside you he needs driving lessons...and a brain.

I'M LINING THEM UP FOR YOU TRUSTY MEC TRANSPORT CHOPPER GUNNER

Hey if I hover here real close to the ground real slow I'm sure my MEC transport chopper can take out that AA gun pointed at us.   

I'M LANDING HERE NICE AND SLOW SO YOU CAN MAKE A SAFE DEPARTURE

Any transport chopper pilot that moves to a slow even decent on a hostile cp and actually lands it is doing several things....letting the enemy know a chopper has landed there...lining it up for any ground unit watching this pitiful display....giving to whatever enemy in that base wants it.

To sum it up those that have played with me from these forums and I have talked to are for the most part good players.  For the rest of you give me the neg karma and stop reading the forums and play the damn game.   Idiots.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6738|California

k
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6600|MANCHESTERRR
Lmfao, sounds like me!
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6723|Antarctica
REINFORCEMENTS!!

[.............] No ones going to respond to it and never has in the history of the game.
besides me?
Defiance
+438|6689

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

REINFORCEMENTS!!

[.............] No ones going to respond to it and never has in the history of the game.
besides me?
As with I. And I can vouch for vengeance on this one, you were damn good with going to and from flags when I squaded up with you in OPK.

Everytime my commander starts spotting them same guy over and over I'm often the first to go and take him out, as well as when some guys need help on the front line.

Last edited by Defiance (2006-05-19 17:54:13)

hiimkalaKILLME
+24|6575
How do i post my own post?
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6659|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

hiimkalaKILLME wrote:

your own thread can be made by going back to the BF2 - Chatter (or wherever you deem it appropriate) and clicking the "post new topic" in the top right of all the existing threads.

and please search for what you're about to post.. i wouldnt want another newbie being flamed into oblivion
Defiance
+438|6689

spawnofthemist wrote:

hiimkalaKILLME wrote:

and please search for what you're about to post.. i wouldnt want another newbie being flamed into oblivion
Well that's a little redundant if we consider "oblivion" in the sense of an enternal hell... with flames... heh... bad pun I know.

*Cries*

Last edited by Defiance (2006-05-19 18:03:10)

alpinestar
+304|6614|New York City baby.
wait a second, who is this coming from lol
you forgot to mention standing infront of jets on wake island taking you for example where do you fit in ?

Last edited by alpinestar (2006-05-19 18:06:14)

spawnofthemist
Banned

Defiance wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

hiimkalaKILLME wrote:

Well that's a little redundant if we consider "oblivion" in the sense of an enternal hell... with flames... heh... bad pun I know.

*Cries*
i was wondering if someone would pick up on that

twas the desired effect ^_^
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6740|Oregon
overall a good guide. tho the minority of us will object here and there, it is overall EXACTLY how the game is. whether it should be or not.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6718
I use the 'i need reinforcements' all the times.
spawnofthemist
Banned

Skruples wrote:

yeah me too.. and usually its only people i KNOW from *shock horror* REAL LIFE that'll come and help..

most of the rest of the team are too busy being arty'd while teamkilling for THEIR jet.
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?
+63|6805|Meiriceá - frm 'Real Capital'
I agree 100% with your 'VOIP views' Nastie..
1927(h)
Personally I'd add Cheaters, Hackers, Wiped Accounts etc in the same bracket as Nub.  You see there isn't much respect for those either.  Even if they are good in the first place.
wahjot
+30|6602
i land choppers and people get out

then again im usually AT so if anyone tries to take the chopper back theyre dead
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6810|Jupiter
I nominate for a sticky
bf2_me
+1|6571
Bf 2142 Will Be Sick :d:dd:d:d:d:d
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6738|California

Skruples wrote:

but does anyone ever listen? *opens arms for cry
Marinejuana
local
+415|6603|Seattle
Mostly I agree. I personally have it set to all English. Maybe if you've played as much as nastie_butler all that arabic just starts jumping out at you clearly, but for me I gain more function from immediately knowing what is being said without averting my eyes at all from what i am doing. And I still can use the sound of the enemies voice to detect them often. they are the voices coming from the direction there is no blue dot in. If you pay enough attention to the minimap you know a suspicious voice when u hear one.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6714|Germany

[GDC]SinnFein wrote:

I agree 100% with your 'VOIP views' Nastie..
Yup,Voip is nice,if the friggin' thing would work on my machine,seems my computer condemns me to be a noob then.
Teamspeak works fine,and I know the advantages of communication in fps games,but mostly I play "solo" anyways.
I doubt that my "team" reacts to voip,they always give a crap about typed stuff or commorose orders and there's not much teamplay on the servers I usually play on.But that's the player's fault,not the lack of voip.

If there's a way to get my voip running it would be nice to know,but all these tips like "turn hardware acceleration to basic" don't do nothin'.Until then I'll just play solo or with friends over teamspeak,there's always a public TS-server running.

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-05-20 05:07:55)

fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6586

NASTIE_BUTLER wrote:

HEY IM IN A SQUAD!!

If you are running with a squad and some smurf joins it not to spawn on you or to talk to you or to work with you and he is on the other side of the map then ....well you know.
This is really annoying, i just don't get it why these players at least join a squad? As squad leader i regularly take a look on the map and kick lone wolfs and snipers out of it.

NASTIE_BUTLER wrote:

REINFORCEMENTS!!

[...]No ones going to respond to it and never has in the history of the game.[...]
I just cannot agree with this point. I don't know how many times i've joined a Squad Leader if he asked for reinforcements and how many times Players joined my squad when i used this command.

For all the other points, sadly true and this is BF2.
Ferdy
+37|6574|Netherland

NASTIE_BUTLER wrote:

I don't post much but recently I feel like writing so I thought I would post something to help people and maybe get a lil neg karma while I am at it.

Ok I think the best thing you can do if you are pubbing out there alone is to know who the morons are so you can avoid them.  This will actually help your stats and I'm sure most of the people reading this are very interested in this:

VOIP?  VOIP?  CAN YOU HEAR ME I AM SAYING VOIP!!!!!!!

If you join a full squad and ask a question and all you get in response is the sound of your own voice then you are in a squad full of idiots.  Those without mics need to go to radio shack with ten bucks and get a mic.  Those without VOIP turned on are REAL MORONS and they only serve one purpose...to move a video game character around so that you can shoot at it.  I won't waste time explaining why cause I can't think of anything funny to say about it.

COMMANDERATOR

If you are in a large game 32 players or above at the beginning of a round and the commander is in the front lines fighting he is a moron.  Join the other team and get your precious win for gods sake.  The mic rule applies for the commander as well.

HEY IM A PILOT NOW!!!

So you have been lucky enough to get the gunner's seat and you and your (private first class) pilot are ready to go.  If the first thing that he does is charge headlong at a tank, or worse, at infantry with all eight rockets get the hell out of the chopper as soon as possible.  Again...mic rule.

HEY IM A GUNNER NOW!!!

So you got partnered up with your buddy again.  Well maybe he's an ace gunner so let's see.  You face a chopper 250 meters and he unloads the main gun on it...now you know.  yadda yadda mic.

I'M GOIN SOLO

If you are in a map with far off and difficult bases to get to like the carrier in Dalian or either base set in Iron Gator and there is one lone guy in a key area that doesn't start a squad to be reinforced then he's a solo smurf.  Let him be.

HEY IM IN A SQUAD!!

REINFORCEMENTS!!

Anyone who uses the reinforcements command on the communication menu is a moron.  No ones going to respond to it and never has in the history of the game.  Its like a bird chirping while a cats stalking it.  He just wants to yell out so the enemy can find him and put him out of his misery.

FOREIGN LANGUAGES CONFUSE ME

Anyone who has his language setting to "all english" or whatever so the characters on both sides sound alike is a dummy and probably racist.  j/k you dummies.

BEEP BEEP

If you are in a tank column along a narrow road and the tank behind you continues to stay there instead of beside you he needs driving lessons...and a brain.

I'M LINING THEM UP FOR YOU TRUSTY MEC TRANSPORT CHOPPER GUNNER

Hey if I hover here real close to the ground real slow I'm sure my MEC transport chopper can take out that AA gun pointed at us.   

I'M LANDING HERE NICE AND SLOW SO YOU CAN MAKE A SAFE DEPARTURE

Any transport chopper pilot that moves to a slow even decent on a hostile cp and actually lands it is doing several things....letting the enemy know a chopper has landed there...lining it up for any ground unit watching this pitiful display....giving to whatever enemy in that base wants it.

To sum it up those that have played with me from these forums and I have talked to are for the most part good players.  For the rest of you give me the neg karma and stop reading the forums and play the damn game.   Idiots.
This is the BF2 Bible!!!!!

Greetz ferdy
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6690|Australia
I use the support command...I dont expect anyone to come though, so yeah, prolly not worth the call. Never know someone might come, and we can die together.

I also have all English, but have thought i might switch it back as of late.
Ferdy
+37|6574|Netherland
Everybody mus see this, before they complaining on the forums!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard