[83rd]Stecchino
+17|6689|83Division.com
I've heard that the Special Ops kit is invisible to a UAV.

Can someone confirm or deny this?  Thanks (I'm a newbie).
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6766|USA
im gonna go with a no...only cuz that would be lame....UAV sees all.
wahjot
+30|6718
if spec ops are standing still, yes

edit: this might be only for commander scan im not sure, but it would make sense that its for both

Last edited by wahjot (2006-05-16 15:45:39)

DarkNova
+7|6717
UAVs don't always see everything. In situation where an enemy is on the gunner position of a FAV, the red dot will not show up on the mini-map.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6853|Melbourne, Australia
i wanna see screenshots of this please before il believe it
Rizen_Ji
+41|6869|200m out and smiling at you.
spec-ops are ONLY invisible when STANDING STILL and under COMMANDER SCAN.

just for emphasis i did the caps.
[83rd]Stecchino
+17|6689|83Division.com
Okay, so there is definitely something "special" about the Special Ops.  Whereas any other kit, standing still or not will be seen on UAV and Satellite scan.  But the Special Ops is invisible on scan only when remaining still.

A follow-up assumption...I assume that if a Special Ops kit is in any type of vehicle or stationary weapon that they will no longer be invisible to a satelite scan (even if staying still).

By the way, as I.M.I. Militant points out, how do you guys know this for sure?  Have you seen it in game as a commander or what?
Defiance
+438|6804

I've heard this before. It's a rumor stecchino.

If they had seen it ingame, would they be asking if its true or not? That would mean they doubt their own eyes...

Anywho, I'm going to get some clanmates to test this out later on today.
[83rd]Stecchino
+17|6689|83Division.com
Okay, let me know how it goes.  I would do the same but I'm away from my computer for a while.  While you're at it, you might as well take some screen shots.  Also, be sure to test both UAV and satellite scan while being still and moving.  Much appreciated.
=DHG=ArkAng37
+16|6737
I think its sucks that you can see the UAV. If you think about it. You dont want your enemy seeing an enemy UAV over your head and knowing that theres your enemy in your sector.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6922|Singapore

Since when did the spec ops get a cloaking device? Nothing is invisible to UAV. Except someone sitting in a Hummer/Vodnik's gunner seat, which makes him invisible to scan, spotting and UAV.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6850|Riva, MD
I would believe it I guess.
jeffpod
+14|6721
I have played a lot as commander, and sometimes I notice that some guys don't show up on the Scan. I Might scan the map for enemies and then just ten seconds later someone is capping a flag where I know for shure I didn't see a thing on the scan. If the specop kit is really invisible on the scan I guess I'll play specop while commander so that the enemy commander won't drop arty on me when I'm commanding ^^
uber73
+188|6885|Brisbane

jeffpod wrote:

I have played a lot as commander, and sometimes I notice that some guys don't show up on the Scan. I Might scan the map for enemies and then just ten seconds later someone is capping a flag where I know for shure I didn't see a thing on the scan. If the specop kit is really invisible on the scan I guess I'll play specop while commander so that the enemy commander won't drop arty on me when I'm commanding ^^
or, u could just hide under cover
lowyaukee
+2|6968
They are special-ops, they are not ninja.  ^^
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6815|Disaster Free Zone

polarbearz wrote:

Since when did the spec ops get a cloaking device? Nothing is invisible to UAV. Except someone sitting in a Hummer/Vodnik's gunner seat, which makes him invisible to scan, spotting and UAV.
if there in the gunners seat they still show up on scan you just cant spot them. As for Specs being invisable when stading still.. thats either stupid by EA's part, a bug or full of shit, if anyone "should" be invisable it should be snipers. The scan picks up heat anyway so why would a spec ops become "cold" when they stay still. I odnt know the anwser to the origial question but i do think its stupid if its true.
ComradeWho
+50|6828|Southern California
i thought i had read something about that before

just like to pitch in with some anecdotal evidence
the other day i was tracking a special ops guy as a sniper and i could swear every time he'd go behind a building to hide he'd disappear from the the UAV as well until he started to move again.  i was noticing this before I read this thread and was perplexed.  something like this has happened a couple of times and if what the original poster thinks is true then it all makes sense.
tip700
+9|6757
I'll believe it when i see it. Or perhaps "dont see" i should say rather
[FHF]MattyZ
What the Deuce?
+29|6795|Washington
As I mostly play Spec-Ops to try and win by taking out the enemies UAV and radar, it would be nice to know that I could be ninja like when standing still!
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6922|Singapore

... Its not true they don't show up at all.

DrunkFace: They DO appear as that red dot on scan?
Speelbal
+146|6885|Netherlands
What!?

I missed something!

Someone explain what is going on cuz I didn't know this at all. Never heard of a rumor too.

Damn.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6701

polarbearz wrote:

DrunkFace: They DO appear as that red dot on scan?
Yes, they appear in the radarscan. You just cannot spot them, but this is a generally problem with cars. I don't know how many question marks i've already spotted when a car was driving over the map.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6894

polarbearz wrote:

Doesnt this mean you can duck in a turret of a jeep/tank, effectively hiding?
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6922|Singapore

Talon wrote:

polarbearz wrote:

Doesnt this mean you can duck in a turret of a jeep/tank, effectively hiding?
Jeep yes, tank i'm not sure.
[83rd]Stecchino
+17|6689|83Division.com
Gentlemen, gentlemen!  Who would like to find out once and for all?  At approximately 8:15 AM CST (USA) this morning (in 30 minutes), after my wife goes to work, I will go online.  We can go to my clan's  server (if it's empty)  and test this out.  I just need at least one other person who has a few extra minutes to fool around.

I'll take some screenshots and everything.  I will test every variation of this bug/hoax/myth/easter egg/cool feature/whatever!

Let me know...see you soon.  Find me on Xfire.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard