1nsane65
+2|6773
Ok I have been reading this forum for awhile now but have never posted a meesage untill today.

I was wondering how people always seem to knife me or shock paddle me while I'm running backwards shooting at them. They seem to get me when they are about 2-3 feet away. How is this possible?

P.S. For the last part of this post can someone tell me how to get more Heal points, I have tried throwing out health bags like crazy, but it seems that everyone is a medic these days.

Thanks for any help.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6711|Howell, Mi USA
Lag most likely. it happens to me alot, and its really annoying to shoot someone only to have them shock u from far away. i feel your pain  lol
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6713|NJ
Ok the knife and shock is probably lag but sprinting backwards doesn't work so they are faster then you. And throwing health packs doesn't really get you the points. Look at the HUD and when you see one of your guys with red around him run up to him and throw them on him.
ATC
+58|6761|...
Shock paddles dont have to be touching you to kill you. But pretty close. I tested it in a LAN game.
First_and_Only
+4|6593|ON, Canada
you have to get 100% heal before u get a heal point so just run around to a bunch of guys or be medic in armour and move with alot of infantry
Jackabo
+127|6575|Dublin, Ireland
alot of people do seem to be medic. maybe because of the points and they have good weopons like the AK-101 to be honest i cant blame them. if you want them not to kill you just do something that will surprise them when you are running backward like sprint towards them and knife them really quickly
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6798

First_and_Only wrote:

you have to get 100% heal before u get a heal point so just run around to a bunch of guys or be medic in armour and move with alot of infantry
grrrr...don't be a medic in armor!!!!!!

for the one millionth time, be an engineer if you're going to be in armor:)
Skinnister
+43|6742|UK

1nsane65 wrote:

Ok I have been reading this forum for awhile now but have never posted a meesage untill today.

I was wondering how people always seem to knife me or shock paddle me while I'm running backwards shooting at them. They seem to get me when they are about 2-3 feet away. How is this possible?

P.S. For the last part of this post can someone tell me how to get more Heal points, I have tried throwing out health bags like crazy, but it seems that everyone is a medic these days.

Thanks for any help.
ok its got to do with the rig they have same happens to me, on thier game they have stabbed you from close but it doesnt register on yours until literly a couple of milli seconds later
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6726
Last night I delt with some lag.  I was a sniper and several times at very close range (withing 20m)  I come up to infantry who is going to shoot me.  I scope up, line up the head shot and cap the guy in the head. The shot is easy cause there nose fills the scope.  You fire and unscope to reload and then die.  I see the puff of dust, hear the shot and then he kills me. 

I have seen lag like effects on AT mines but it seemed more like a cheet to me ( APC runs over two mines, the mines blow but the APC does not).
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6644|UK
their crosshair moves faster than their charecter does on your screen. So it seems that they are far away but realy they are next to you (on their screen)
Hydroion
+67|6639|England
i have 240+ paddle kills, i go out of my way to kill people with them. i have learnt that they actually have a longer range than most people expect. This makes them ideal in a knife fight because then you have the upper hand. i love knife fights when i am medic. and for anyone who wants to know the trick. i stand still and wait for the knifer of knifee whatever to run at me a nd dive and just before they dive i shock them. hope this helps people who want to use the paddles
Havazn
+39|6710|van.ca
I watched a friend knife a guy from like 3 feet away where the models didnt even come close to touching. Meh, I've done my share of kniving and have found that there is no consistency with distance. I've been close and far and still knived enemies.
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6705|UK
I think if you have enemy in water and you shock paddle the water, that should electrocute them and they die
Havazn
+39|6710|van.ca

E7IX3R wrote:

I think if you have enemy in water and you shock paddle the water, that should electrocute them and they die
That would be hilarious, 5 guys in the water and you just zap it once..hah. Granted that wouldnt work in real life...but for battlefield it would be funny.
Fabbi_Kanin
+46|6616

E7IX3R wrote:

I doubt that but it would be fun if it was possible. I tried to revive a guy in water, that should be a shock big enough to wake him up but it didn't work
<b|k> lukie
+7|6739|Germany
Shock paddles have a big range. (In singleplayer) you can shock a gunner of a vlodnik from the back entrance.
Does somebody know why i almost always have to stab people 2 times to kill them? Does armor absorb the first hit?
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6637
The shock paddles can have a huge range if you use them right it can go from the range of 1 meter to about 5 if you know how.
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6706|London, UK
i knife ppl from close range like 3 times and it still dont register , especially h8 it when their assualt with the armor
1nsane65
+2|6773

My_pet_squirrel wrote:

The shock paddles can have a huge range if you use them right it can go from the range of 1 meter to about 5 if you know how.
Can you please tell us how to use them "right".
I would sure like to return the favor to some of those that killed me.
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6760|St. Paul, MN

My_pet_squirrel wrote:

that's a bit of an exaggeration, but yes they do have good range for a melee weapon.
Cpl.Jordan
+3|6711

Fabbi_Kanin wrote:

E7IX3R wrote:

I doubt that but it would be fun if it was possible. I tried to revive a guy in water, that should be a shock big enough to wake him up but it didn't work
Well, water doesn't increase the charge, it's just a good conductor. However, zapping the paddles into a large body of water would disperse the charge pretty quickly, so, you'd still have to be pretty close to defib the guy, and it would likely zap him all over, rather than his heart.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard