Dr.Red-Eye
fanneh
+64|6710|Ireland
Right now i have 512 mb ram, it takes 5 mins to load a map and i lag for about 10mins when i get in the game, how much would 1 gb make a difference or how much would 2gb make?
Today i was puchin holes in the walls coz i was laggin so much!
I would really like to get advice! thanks
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6643|UK
1gb = noticeable
2gb = super fast load time and no (minimul) lag

I upgraded to 2gb (from 1gb). I am normaly one of the first in the game at the start, now

It depends how much you want to spend. Personaly i would get 2gb, well i have done, it makes such a difference.

If you get lots of lag try some of these tips

Last edited by liquidat0r (2006-05-14 09:25:16)

GHosTage
+6|6705|Adelaide, Australia
I had 512 and then I upgraded to 1gb, it made a huge difference to the load times. So I would imagine 2gb would improve it. Lag reduction would be noticable, definitely upgrade
Stumanbmx
S!l3nt But D3adly
+86|6619|Pickle Village
I recently got 2gb of ram and I can get a vehicle of my choice because I am the only one on for about 20 seconds.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6735|Melbourne, Australia
yer 2gb is great i run at 1gig when i first get in (the viechle rush) i normally get sumthing good  but sumtimes by the time i spawn there gone (damn 2gigers!)  once in game i lag for about 10 seconds while the map loads up
Dr.Red-Eye
fanneh
+64|6710|Ireland

liquidat0r wrote:

Lol, i tried this already, i have a dell
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6643|UK

Dr.Red-Eye wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Lol, i tried this already, i have a dell
They work for the special breed od dell also, well some of them do

I still think 2gb FTW
Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6720|Central Valley,California
Get 2 gigs. Like someone said it loads so fast you can get the vehicle you want.
Starfleet1403
...to bodly spawn where no one has spawned before!
+66|6638|Born in West-Berlin

liquidat0r wrote:

1gb = noticeable
I concur.
Dr.Red-Eye
fanneh
+64|6710|Ireland
How much would that cost, i dont want to get ripped offf by dell
Jackabo
+127|6574|Dublin, Ireland
I have 1 GB and i load really fast but my bb is wireless so sometimes it says problem with connection
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6648|Derby, England

Starfleet1403 wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

1gb = noticeable
I concur.
x2
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6643|UK

Dr.Red-Eye wrote:

How much would that cost, i dont want to get ripped offf by dell
Don't but it through dell. Its hard to say how much it would cost you cos i dont know ur Mbo spec etc. + I'm in UK, cost may be different in the US
Nabraham
EWWW!!! Thats Nasty!!!
+18|6699|Enon
1GB would make a big difference for you and 2GB would reduce the lag big time. What are your other system specs though....because those play a big part to in how the game will run.
Nabraham
EWWW!!! Thats Nasty!!!
+18|6699|Enon
Download cpu-z to see what kind of Ram you have. If its RDRam then your screwed as it costs a ton of money. Tell us what kind you have and how many DIMM slots you have.
beerface702
+65|6709|las vegas
yes, huge diffrence

i picked up a 2gb kit for 205 bucks on newegg. pc3200 ocz plantium. tight timings stock. ive loosned them up a bit only because im running a divider and have her up to 2.7

but stock the memory screams, especially if ur not overclocking

i would recommend pc4000 though if ur gonna be overclocking. running a divider stinks imo
CommieChipmunk
+488|6585|Portland, OR, USA
i got 2 x 1gb sticks from newegg.. patriot.. I upgraded from 1.5 to 2 (got rid of the other sticks) and it made a huge difference.  and with this new patriot ram the latency is like 2-3-2-5 its PC3200 and only 129 for both if you find the right rebate

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6820220040

in fact its still on rebate

Last edited by CommieChipmunk (2006-05-14 18:25:25)

Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6707|Calgary
Yes, I don't know why, but since I upgraded to 2 g. I do not get the 10 sec lag at the beginning of the round. Also maps load faster and I was also able to go from low to meduim graphics.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6585|Portland, OR, USA
and you can go into your bios (maybe) and up your AGP apature size to like 512 mb.  This will give ur gfx card 512 extra mab (correct me if i'm wrong).  I get no lag at all ever now, unless my connection goes down, and i only have a 6800 gt...
Username II
+3|6649
2GB makes a small difference over 1GB...perhaps that is worth it to you. I got 2GB for about $160, from 1GB of PC2100 to 2GB PC3200. Memory is much cheaper than graphics these days, so...if you have less than 1GB and can get more, get some. The less you have, the greater the improvement.

I often load very quickly too, then I struggle with the interface for a few minutes...lol
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6736|California

liquidat0r wrote:

lies. i have 2 GB of low latency RAM, and i ping no less that 80 on ALL servers. ping is internet connection/distance from server
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6802|Bulgaria
Yes, man, GO BUY 2 Gigs of RAM!!! There's a BIG difference between BF2 with 1 Gig and with 2 Gigs, believe me
I have 2 Gigs and the game loads soo damn fast! And I have no lag and stuff...
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6614|Cheshire. UK
Its like the difference between a Hand job and a blow job...a hand job is good but a blow job is better!!!!!
CrazyCobra
+0|6745
3 GB is very nice.... since i got it i have been the first in any game and get zero lag..

Last edited by CrazyCobra (2006-05-15 02:48:40)

Bilco
+3|6690|Northamptonshire UK
Get 4GB like i have and spawn almost instantly!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard