MaximumMayhem
+27|6676|Mashtuur Boulevard
http://www.warrock.net/

Looks HOT!  It's free too 
Kontrolfreq
+50|6630|Cambridge UK
I played it before i got BF2, it's good fun but i've not touched it since bf2. (in fact it was playing WR that persuaded me to buy bf2...)
MaximumMayhem
Ooooooo!  The plot thickens lol

I love the fact that they had motorbikes ingame.  Great quick transports!

Could you delve into the mechanics of the game at all? How the classes differ to that of Battlefield? Anything positive that's unique about War Rock?
Kontrolfreq
+50|6630|Cambridge UK
From what i can remember there are only 4 kits, sniper, assualt, and erm... two others (it's been a while!)

The maps in WR are probably only about a 1/10th of the size of those in BF2, they are well designed for the most part though, and the tight space makes for some frantic battles. Tanks work in a similar way to BF2, only with no air units to rape them. They are easier to kill with regular kits though.

It's worth playing, i think it's free still and they are adding new content as and when they can. Think of it as a stripped down BF2, less tactical, less maps, less kits, no voip support, no persistant scoring / reward system BUT - FAR easier on your computer, quicker loading times, motorbikes, and it's FREE!

Hmm just looked at the site again, it looks like some things have changed, unlocks and scoring sytem to name two... might have to dust off my account!

Last edited by Kontrolfreq (2006-05-12 06:51:15)

Darky
Hi..
+71|6587|Here.
I believe Warrock is a free alternative to BF2 - for those who dont like long load times etc.

As far as I know, they're building on it all the time. Never played it, but apparently for a free game its pretty good.
MaximumMayhem
I know ill be sure to give it a try 
Hyper
Banned
+154|6776
it looks like CS but plays worse (if thats possible)
Hyper
Banned
+154|6776
it looks like CS but plays worse (if thats possible)
alpinestar
+304|6622|New York City baby.
any free game does not deserve criticizm
RimReaper
+8|6729
But You Have To Fight As A Girl!

Last edited by RimReaper (2006-05-12 10:24:42)

My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6646
I dl'd it like 5 months ago as soon as it closed i never got to play
SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6650
worth checking out, but will be playing BF2 tonight, if that tells you anything.
I like the fact it is free. I don't like the fact that I can't seem to stay alive for longer than 30 seconds.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6742
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6650

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Best fucking game ever
Let's not get crazy.
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6684| United States of America

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Best fucking game ever
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6505|Somewhere else

I was gonna post a new thread, found this one. Sorry to revive a LOOONG dead thread, but, has anyone played this much and if you have, do you have any feedback about it?

(HEY! at least I searched dammit!)
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6664|Montreal, Qc, Canada
looool i dwled it and played few days a long time ago !! its fun!
Brasso
+1,549|6656

RoosterCantrell wrote:

I was gonna post a new thread, found this one. Sorry to revive a LOOONG dead thread, but, has anyone played this much and if you have, do you have any feedback about it?

(HEY! at least I searched dammit!)
It sucks.  Unless you get tired of BF2 or BF2142 it's a waste of time.  It was fun for me for a while, but that was only because I was so frustrated with 1.3.  Not anymore.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
RoosterCantrell
+399|6505|Somewhere else

Thanks Haffey.  That's too bad.  MY friend won't shut up about it. Once he gets outdone in a game, said game sucks (currently BF2) and he finds a "better" one.  I'll give the free version a try I guess. I read iots buggy as hell, more than the BFs, if that's possible....
explosivo
Banned
+262|6669
i tried it a few months ago, but i allready had bf2 so i thought it was shit

but hey it's free
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6622|Michigan, USA
If you want the buggyest, most hack filled game with the worst community ever enjoy this game.  Ive played it through all its stages and they have never fixed anythin important, and you thought EA was bad.  Hell, you cant even get out of jets or helis, no parachutes, fuck you cant even land helis, they slide across the ground, even after you get out.

This game=total shit
RoosterCantrell
+399|6505|Somewhere else

hmm. crap. meh, still gots me BF2 then!
MasterNorris
+0|6214
I used to play (my account was Jagexx). I still play every now and then, but BF2 is a lot better, even though BF2 lags more.
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6486
Played it before, I used to own with the m4 Its VERY easy to hack in that game though, every server I joined people were on roofs that didn't even have ladders to get on and even on DIFFERENT maps! You could edit files to be on a different map and you'd be under the real one lol.
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6549|the Netherlands

alpinestar wrote:

any free game does not deserve criticizm
agree

any of you guys play Wolfenstein Enemy Territory  ?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard