Kylau
+9|6698|Washington
Mashtuur is my favorite map. I really enjoy all the maps, except for Shonghua. That is the only map I dislike.
wahjot
+30|6578
i like all of the maps except dragon valley

edit: also why do so many people misspell it karkland

Last edited by wahjot (2006-05-08 20:06:28)

yerded
Bertinator
+255|6630|Westminster, California

ipwnnub wrote:

cuz ive never had an original thought
Cmon people give this man some karma
panderiz
+32|6759
If playing one map over and over floats your boat, good for you.

Most decent players can easily reach a 3-5 spm on these maps, but I guess for those who just play these maps can be mostly measured by their kdr's more than spm.

But who really cares about stats, its about playing a game you enjoy... for most anyway
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6700|67.222.138.85

genius_man16 wrote:

i play Karkand a lot simply because almost every server has it

it's not anywhere near my favorite map (Daqing Oilfields bitches!!!) but it's just that a whole lot of servers play it... so i kind of have to

it's not that i DON'T like it... it just gets repetetive after awhile

i love servers that have 2 rounds per map, cycling through ALL of the maps, but they don't have enough of those...

Edit: i'll bet i'm like the only person in the world that thinks Daqing Oilfields is the best map
Nope, I think that's my favorite map too. The only problem is i don't play it without my clan on, so i play mostly Karkand. Nothing like a good chopper whoring round or a good ol' armor convoy.
Mantis701
+6|6560|PA, USA
I used to love Karkand a lot.  I played it all the time and my map hours attest to that.  However, I rarely like to play it anymore.  First of all, there is rarely any teamwork ever being displayed on Karkand.  Granted, Karkand is a lot better when you're in a squad that values teamwork, but most of the team, it's just a bunch of squad hopping nutjobs running around like chickens with their head cut off.  Secondly, Karkand has got to be the easiest map for noobs and cheap jackasses to play on.  Virtually no skill is required on Karkand to get lots of kills or points.  Everyone on the USMC chucks all their grenades down the hill at the start not giving a crap about teamkills.  And every moron on the MEC runs to the same place and gets blown up by these grenades.  Support guys sit in alleys and on rooftops not moving most of the game sniping anyone who dares to get out into the open.  There's spawn camping galore instead of trying to actually capture the flags.  People whore the vehicles and don't even try to help the team attack the enemy armor or support capturing flags.  They just try to rack up their kill count.  Thirdly, everybody tries to get their stupid badges and shit on Karkand instead of trying to win the game.  There was massive annoying C4 whoring, ridiculous amounts of tk's, and kick votes popping up every 2 seconds that never worked.  That's gone now, but claymores have taken C4's place as the most obnoxious weapon on the map.  I know I've bitched a lot here about Karkand, but I think it's justified.  I consider myself a good player, but when I go to Karkand, I expect to have the worst luck out of any map.  All my deaths are from a random grenade that you can't do anything about, artillery that you can't do anything about, or statpadding spawnkilling losers.  I tried to adapt to this crap like any good bf2 player would but I'm finding there is no way to adapt to the massive clusterfuck that is Strike at Karkand.  Everybody has sucked the fun right out of it.  The upside is, since all the annoying players are on Strike at Karkand, I can play all the other maps and have a lot of fun with all the good team players.  Screw Karkand, I'm sticking with Sharqi Peninsula, Mashtuur City, & all the night maps in special forces.  That's where the good stuff is.  I've said my piece.
Hiei987
+20|6685
Karkadan is not good for infantry combat, simple as that. The best you will do is run around reviving people while getting killed by random armor/snipers/grenades. I've spent pretty much all 130 hours that I played it in armor or commanding, now that's really fun... I've actually haven't seen infantry combar on the map in forever, USMC usually never make it down the hill. Mastuur is what real infantry combat is about...
evsoul08
+0|6557|Windsor CA
I like Karkand because of the close combat. I like BF because of the biiig open maps but it is nice to go into a close combat battle once in a while. It is cool too thinking about that kind of urban warfare. Invading a city that is full of enemy. trying to use strategy to bring them down one point at a time, and backing each other up. running like hell from tanks and ditching down back alleys. its great, and its much more of a "virtual" adrenaline rush then big open areas that you see things coming from a mile away. and dont get me wrong.. i love BF for the big maps alone. but again small but still bigger maps like karkand offer a sense of CS without the lame ass CS feel.

i guess its just another position of the battle.

and i say they release a patch to make Karkand a night time level. that would be badass. and hard as hell making tanks fun but an easier target.

Dice and EA need to work on night maps a bit more. when i get out of the academy of arts i will push that concept haha

Last edited by evsoul08 (2006-05-08 21:14:02)

ZimiZuhu
+11|6652

DeadboyUSMC wrote:

I don't think it's the best map, quite frankly, I'm damned sick of it.
me too, now i hate karkand
Cursed You
+64|6581|Idaho
Why play Karkand so much?

1.  No jets, no helis
2.  I can escape a tank a little easier as AT in the narrow alleys
3.  No jets, no helis
4.  Some servers have better ping than others
5.  No jets, no helis
6.  Nice propper up front fire fights
7.  Its not kubra dam

Its just a good map.  I mean yeah sometimes the points are really good.  But you know you can stat pad just about on any map, its just a fact there are more karkand servers out there than any other map.  Its a close up firefight thats enjoyable.  Street by street, house by house fighting is just how I like it.  Which is why I ONLY played Berlin back in my 1942 days.

Although I have become more of a fan of Sharqi lately... mostly cause of stupid Lively Toaster sniping....  Curse you!
panderiz
+32|6759

Hiei987 wrote:

Karkadan is not good for infantry combat, simple as that. The best you will do is run around reviving people while getting killed by random armor/snipers/grenades. I've spent pretty much all 130 hours that I played it in armor or commanding, now that's really fun... I've actually haven't seen infantry combar on the map in forever, USMC usually never make it down the hill. Mastuur is what real infantry combat is about...
Playing infantry is where effective squading comes into play fella, a squad of 6 working together on this map can dominate the round.  Though this is the same for almost every map.
im_in_heaven
+27|6581
i like daqiing oilfields.good action and lots of vehicles. karkand is annoying and only stats whores go there. I only play karkand when i want alot of points. Sharqi is a much more fun map. I also like Gulf of Oman. I think the jets are just to cheese in the game. IF you have a good pilot against you your team is done. The jets are near impossible to shoot down with AA inless you have a good pilot on your team. Some maps just dont need jets in my opinion. Wake being one of them, and Oman being another. just my opinion.
Hiei987
+20|6685
It can happen, but most of the time it doesn't. I rarely see US cap any flags, and I am not about to go there end up with a negative KD running up the mountain hoping that I might make it to the Suburb.
Cursed You
+64|6581|Idaho

Hiei987 wrote:

It can happen, but most of the time it doesn't. I rarely see US cap any flags, and I am not about to go there end up with a negative KD running up the mountain hoping that I might make it to the Suburb.
I leave someone else to do that and I go and get some revive scores on the people who run into the claymores near Hotel
yerded
Bertinator
+255|6630|Westminster, California
Karkand can be a total circle jerk.
I've been in rounds were it's hard to engage the enemy because they are more interested in chasing flags on the other side of the map. Some games last FOREVER no matter how hard you try and sometimes people get bitchy if you try to close out the round. The most pathetic excuse for a server has got to be this one;
I've seen one player get a 600 point round, I shit you not.
As an experiment tonight I played commander on that server. I got 80 points without doing anything but dropping a few supply crates during commercial breaks while watching 24. No one started a mutiny, no enemy hunted me down. One guy finally tk'd me after asking for supplies 75 times. I guess I'm a glutin for punishment as the quest for the perfect server goes on.
theturnmaster
+8|6675|Chapel Hill
i prefer mashtuur, that is all i have played lately
CrazeD
+368|6666|Maine
I don't play Karkand much.

I always die too much, unless of course I actually get in a server and get armor, and have intelligent teammates that go engineer and move with me, and heal me when I'm on fire.

Otherwise, I'm just getting blown up by every armor whore and arty whore imagineable. I'm trying to mind my own business, sniping, and some n00b commander arties me... arties ME.. ONE GUY, when the whole team is in one spot..
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6636|England

yerded wrote:

Discounting the lack of aviation, why do you play so much Karkand?
Is it simply the best map, or is it simply the highest scoring map.
I submit that karkand should be dropped in the next patch as a  official map. Look at the leaders stats and notice how much time they spend playing that one map.
     I confess I love karkand too, mostly because of no jets/helis.
Wait, I confuddled. You want to drop it even thought you love it too???? BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6674|Disaster Free Zone
karkand = whore maps for whore with no team work and people who want to get as a high SPM as possible. If i feel like getting some high points jump on a full 64 player 24/7 karkand server and get 70-100 points a round till i get bored then go play some othermap for the team work.

Also i use the fact the everyone on karkaand are retarded whores and go single handedly (sometimes with 2-4 others) capture the entire back island without mec knowing (or doing anything) cause there toooooo busy whoreing points at the hotel... and then they lose the round cause they have no armor and no flags and only manage pathetic scores of around 50 (for the medic whores) cause they die so much from the USMC's 6 pieces of armor and the fact that they are now being attacked from 2 directions.

Anyone who seroiously enjoys the randomness of the deaths and spawnkillings that go on at the hotel are either those getting the kills or there insane. The shit that goes on in those alleys and hill has nothing to do with teamwork and is half luck half skill if you get near the flag. AND not enough people ever try to capture the hotel (and ive even been purposly TK for trying to cature it, cause the guy wanted to spawnrape with his PKM). I'd say if the hotel is the first flag to be captured for the USMC (means i havent gone round the back), i would be there helping or be the first one there 95% of the time, just going to show that most of the rest of the people playing karkand have no idea what TEAM WORK is and would rather get a high combat, KDR and SPM then help the team win.
KingLou
Banned
+79|6617|Las Vegas
I never liked Karkand from the first time I played it.......and it's not a points issue because I've gotten my highest kill streak on Karkand.  I just don't like playing that map.......although I think in general I have more fun in attack choppers and jets, so that might explain it.

KiL
shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6668|Warlord/Bellevue,WA

DeadboyUSMC wrote:

I don't think it's the best map, quite frankly, I'm damned sick of it.
I am sick of it as well,been playing Warlord alot and Sharqi Penisula when I'm on normal bf2.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6750|06-01
to kill those fools who go to karkand thinking that its such an easy map to gain points.....
they be the easy meat....
muahahahahah
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6573|Melbourne, Australia.
I'm starting to get annoyed with karkand, even though I play this map 93% of the time, i'm going to move onto mash and sharqi.
I love sniping people from the square to suburb and from the train accident to the other side, because theres so many noobs, you can rack up the kills easy.
But I don't really like karkand now...constant artying...annoying
theCrusifix
+4|6657|Marshall, IL
I LOVE KARKAND!!! for the urban infantry style....but with all the damn tanks/apc's you just cant win. Quite frankly i'm tired of the entire game....

the only maps i can get a good ping on anymore is karkand/247 and wake247, thats primarily the only reason i play them 80% of the time. and if you look at the other servers that run the other maps, its filled with ohhhhmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaa....... 4 people

THIS GAME IS TOTALY NOT WHAT I PAYED FOR A YEAR AGO!!!!!!!!!!
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6644|The Netherlands
I played it alot just because u can snipe without getting raped by a helo.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard