Homercide
+21|6577
The beloved red-tag-bug has survived numerous patches already, do you think it will ever be fixed for good?
andy12
Banned
+52|6667
No that would cost money,but we can hope.
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6585
We can all dream of the day, but in my opinion "NO"
Ghosty
+3|6682|Leicester,UK
happens once in a blue moon ingame and EA/DICE fix something also once in a blue moon.....
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

What is the red tag bug?

haha....pissed you off for a second huh?

Answer to post.  No.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6856|North Texas
Nope, doubt they'll ever be able to track it down. If they haven't been able to fix it by now, they never will.
blackcracka
+18|6780
Well depending on what it is actually for.. Yes and No.  If they implemented it to screw up cheaters/aimbots then no.  But if it really is a bug then I think eventually they will fix it.

Have hope people
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6706|Germany
I've seen this red name tag bug 2 or 3 times in 600 hours of play....if everybody else gets it at that rate I don't think it's important enough for a fix.
andy12
Banned
+52|6667

usmarine2005 wrote:

What is the red tag bug?

haha....pissed you off for a second huh?

Answer to post.  No.
Are you really in the marines and please can you help me to spell it is it gandhi or ghandi?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

I was and WTF?
andy12
Banned
+52|6667
You was does that mean your on a break or you quit?I just need to know how to spell it please.
mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6769|Rotherham, England
apparently its in the official changelist for patch 1.3, which is out this month if all goes well.......
Homercide
+21|6577
Sometimes I see it about constantly throughout a round. Those times I end up either kicked or with a hilarious score.
What really bothers me is that some people says they never see this bug.
I guess that vehicledrop will make people forget about this bug though.
Spiderman696
+12|6656
Probably it isn't so easy to find the reason for the bug. As it does not appear so often. I played for 430h and saw it like 2 or 3 times. Last time was on karkand. Was running around "Square". Just had to play a little cautious..... and after short time all was back good.
I think they should put the resouces to patches to prevent players from cheating and padding.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6700|Tampa Bay Florida
I don't like it when people act like EA hasn't done shit to help the red/blue tag glitch/bug.  They obviously tried, chances are, it's not gonna be fixed.  Maybe you should try identifying the people you're about to shoot from now on, which is exactly the way things are like in real-life, for you 'realism' fans out there.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6717|67.222.138.85
I think if they were going to fix it whey would have done it by now. They're too busy making their precious BF2142.
Homercide
+21|6577

Spearhead wrote:

I don't like it when people act like EA hasn't done shit to help the red/blue tag glitch/bug.  They obviously tried, chances are, it's not gonna be fixed.  Maybe you should try identifying the people you're about to shoot from now on, which is exactly the way things are like in real-life, for you 'realism' fans out there.
Well, if they could use same colour for both teams that would solve the problem, and also satisfy me. In fact I think that's a great solution.
I wonder though, why I've never seen a similar bug in any other onlinegames. What did EA screw up?
Releasing boosterpacks and addons to earn more money doesn't help locating this bug either, so I believe it's safe to say EA cares more about making money, than provide the support for existing customers.
Homercide
+21|6577

Spearhead wrote:

And by the way, what about the bug that gives you TK for killing an enemy?
Happened severeal times to me.
khmer
+86|6687|Central California
Hopefully they do.

The other day on wake I was a medic I tried to heal a guy that was on the other team but was dressed up as chinese but I could see his life bar which was drained to the last bar. I ran up to that guy started tossing med packs at em. He looked me dead in the eyes and shot me. Before he killed me he paused for a second, I'm guessing he was thinking "WTF?" Similar to what I was thinking, as I was lying there dead. At first I was pissed, then thought must be the blue tag bug. Looked at the mini map I was USMC, so it was. 

I respawned at the beach. The funny thing was he didn't heal himself with the meds I provided. I found him at the South base making an attempt at capturing it. So I killed him, got a flag defend point and teamkill at the same time. I have a screenshot of that if anyone wants to see. Sorry for going offtopic this thread just reminded me of this weird experience with the blue tag bug.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard