yerded
Bertinator
+255|6636|Westminster, California

Rellim83 wrote:

.......I iraq had no terrorism before.......ARE U SERIOUS!!!!!!
The guy (Sadam Hussein)  made a public announcement providing a safe haven to all terrorists against America right after the invasion of afghanistan

He consistently bombed and murdered political rivals in the north and south(thats why they had a no fly zone since desert storm)

He has used chemical and biological weapons in the past.  (Israel, Kuwait)

He ploted to assassinate a former president.  (Bush sr.)

Oh ya and their was that whole thing about refusing to let weapons inspectors into the country for like 6 years....ya he might not have had anything but how could anybody possibly believe that when he refused to let weapons inspectors into the country.

I absolutly agree that the occupation in iraq has many problems, but i completly support going to war. Saddam was a threat to America, his neighbors, and his own people.  Saddam was given ample time and many warnings refusing to comply with weapons inspectors, all he had to do was let them inspect his facilities. He was stupid enough to refuse and thats why we had to go to war with him.
I'll vote for this guy as president
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6764|Toronto Canada
anyone here even have gulfwar syndrome?
yerded
Bertinator

Spumantiii wrote:

11thdsv wrote:

i was there in desertstorm and desertsheild there were wmd i blew up alot of that crap most people dont know but alot of the g.i.'s got sick as hell when the wind changed and poisened alot of our own guys its called (desert sickness) by the va anyway he might not have them now but someone has them they went all destroyed i know we didnt get all of it there was just too damn must to destroy. i blew up stuff for almost 6 months after the war this went on daily and after my unit left there was a unit to take my place.... anyway i know for a fact he had mustard and serin and anthrax gas's in 155 shells just ask anyone who has had symptoms from desert sickness!! former u.s. army 12b combat engineer
I was just wondering, did your armor/ artillery use any DU rounds?
These weapons are horrible
http://cseserv.engr.scu.edu/StudentWebP … hPaper.htm
You should ask a artillery battalion genius.
This is a typical anti-war/liberal tactic; to suggest that by the use of certain munitions such as depleted uranium you lose the moral right to use munitions at all. Besides, he said he was an engineer. They usually either fix broken things, or break things with explosives. They generally don't directly use artillery.
    His larger point also escaped you and that is that there were all sorts of WMD's in Iraq.

Last edited by yerded (2006-05-07 20:46:27)

splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6738|Omaha, Nebraska

Mike_J wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

splixx wrote:

This is a typical response from someone that does not have all the facts. Turn off Fox news already. You sound like a broken record from all that constant spam they spew.

Rebuild schools? Do you know anyone over there? I do.. I have facts sorry.  Funny how Cheney's Haliberton(sp?) is rebuilding that country.

P.S. I refuse to watch the T.V. since there is a media blackout on this war. No? They only show you what THEY want you to see son.
HE IS A US ARMY SOLDIER AND HES BEEN TO IRAQ AS HAVE I YOU YOU FLIPPIN IDIOT.  he speaks the truth you know nothing except for what you choose believe
Wow this guy has to be one of the top ten idiots I have had the pleasure to converse with.  Thanks Gunslinger, but he OBVIOUSLY didn't read a thing we said.  What did his most recent post state?  Something along the lines of "I value anyone's opinion?"  Splixx what are you 13?  You're one of the most irrational people I've ever actually listened to.  Same with Ironferret.  As much as your posts piss me off, I have to remind myself that in the end, who's actually getting their way?  I thank God that people like you aren't in charge of anything.
I do value peoples opions I just ignored yours since you choose to come out with guns blazing. Oh no here we go with the 13 year old insults! ACK I feel like I am playing BF2 at this moment.. I am glad you made the comment since I now know who I am dealing with.

I am irrational? So lets say the US is occupied, they drop some notes to your house tell you to get out of dodge we are going bomb the hell out of your city because it is terrorist infested. In the process you have lost your shop, your home, and let's say your family just did not make it out in time. Or refused since there just was no where to go... Wait... They had 4x5 Tents to live in... So maybe I cant say that since this is prime living for anyone out in the cold. Not to mention 150,000 plus still are living in these camps. So you come back to this rubble, find everyone you loved dead.. parents, sister, brother grandparents... Your house you lived in forever all your posessions too. Everything that meant anything to you is now gone forever in one sweep. What are you going to do? I bet I know... Your going to retaliate, doing so you have no been labled a terrorist.

Like Bush said... Your either with us... or against us.

If I was in charge I would fire every damn one of those corrupt politicians.

Please come up with something a little better then the 13 year old remarks... I know your a better person then that.

I am just fed up with how things are going.. I support my friends, troops and everyone else invovled in a war they dont want to be in. I am tired of being drug through the mud in this country by the corrrupt politicians that keep stealilng from us. I know someway you are too.

Last edited by splixx (2006-05-07 21:04:37)

Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6682|Canada

yerded wrote:

Spumantiii wrote:

11thdsv wrote:

i was there in desertstorm and desertsheild there were wmd i blew up alot of that crap most people dont know but alot of the g.i.'s got sick as hell when the wind changed and poisened alot of our own guys its called (desert sickness) by the va anyway he might not have them now but someone has them they went all destroyed i know we didnt get all of it there was just too damn must to destroy. i blew up stuff for almost 6 months after the war this went on daily and after my unit left there was a unit to take my place.... anyway i know for a fact he had mustard and serin and anthrax gas's in 155 shells just ask anyone who has had symptoms from desert sickness!! former u.s. army 12b combat engineer
This is a typical anti-war/liberal tactic; to suggest that by the use of certain munitions such as depleted uranium you lose the moral right to use munitions at all. Besides, he said he was an engineer. They usually either fix broken things, or break things with explosives. They generally don't directly use artillery.
    His larger point also escaped you and that is that there were all sorts of WMD's in Iraq.
ok..  did you clean up any DU sites
you missed my point du is just as dangerous and has been in use for 25 years.
It is the dirtiest weapon ever made.  There are other weapons to use.
There is denial that at least 200 thousand us soldiers were exposed to their own DU dust from DU rounds during desert storm.   I heard about engineers cleaning some of that shit up.

Check out the paper then judge me for disliking it

Last edited by Spumantiii (2006-05-07 20:58:10)

splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6738|Omaha, Nebraska

yerded wrote:

Spumantiii wrote:

11thdsv wrote:

Yerded just curious are you 100% these are not being used? I have read many sites about this I always have wondered. There is tons of information and even people from the military in fact saying they are using this. Then again this is say so... But  we never will see a civilian investigation will we?

I would like a investigation into this matter you think they might let me on the field and grab a few rounds hehe.
yerded
Bertinator
What exactly do you mean?
I don't suspect every tank destroyed in that manner had the sand scrubbed around it, so?
France says regulary that it will use nukes if attacked, and they are involved in several military conflicts around the world. Most of their engagements seem rather imperialist when viewed objectively, and yet no one talks about that. I notice you seem reluctant to disclose where you are from.
    As for DU and other nasty things we sometimes employ, I prefer Americas enemies to feel a certain viseral terror when they contemplate doing us harm. Like, they can hurt us, but they know they will die, and many of their countrymen too.
    I feel no shame in admitting that I condone our troops dipping their bullets in pigs blood before they engage Muslims. I want the people who attached us DEAD I want the ground they lived on sowed with salt so nothing ever grows there again.
    Up hope all future fanatics understand I am not alone.

Last edited by yerded (2006-05-07 21:07:15)

splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6738|Omaha, Nebraska

yerded wrote:

What exactly do you mean?
I don't suspect every tank destroyed in that manner had the sand scrubbed around it, so?
France says regulary that it will use nukes if attacked, and they are involved in several military conflicts around the world. Most of their engagements seem rather imperialist when viewed objectively, and yet no one talks about that. I notice you seem reluctant to disclose where you are from.
    As for DU and other nasty things we sometimes employ, I prefer Americas enemies to feel a certain viseral terror when they contemplate doing us harm. Like, they can hurt us, but they know they will die, and many of their countrymen too.
    I feel no shame in admitting that I condone our troops dipping their bullets in pigs blood before they engage Muslims. I want the people who attached us DEAD I want the ground they lived on sowed with salt so nothing ever grows there again.
    Up hope all future fanatics understand I am not alone.
hehe... I will make sure I never have you over for dinner. I would hate to wake up in the morning and see all my trees, flowers and grass dead and my water faucet oozing some sort of black soot!

Have a good night.
Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6682|Canada

yerded wrote:

This, my friend, is exacty why you are afraid of other counties nuking America.
It is also the exact attitude that provokes terrorism.
In saying this you justify using and having used a weapon that is dirtier than the wmds everyone loves so much.
Your attitude is the kind that would lead the WHOLE world into a nuclear war which would make this planet uninhabitable for over a billion years
Mike_J
+68|6668

splixx wrote:

Mike_J wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

HE IS A US ARMY SOLDIER AND HES BEEN TO IRAQ AS HAVE I YOU YOU FLIPPIN IDIOT.  he speaks the truth you know nothing except for what you choose believe
Wow this guy has to be one of the top ten idiots I have had the pleasure to converse with.  Thanks Gunslinger, but he OBVIOUSLY didn't read a thing we said.  What did his most recent post state?  Something along the lines of "I value anyone's opinion?"  Splixx what are you 13?  You're one of the most irrational people I've ever actually listened to.  Same with Ironferret.  As much as your posts piss me off, I have to remind myself that in the end, who's actually getting their way?  I thank God that people like you aren't in charge of anything.
I do value peoples opions I just ignored yours since you choose to come out with guns blazing. Oh no here we go with the 13 year old insults! ACK I feel like I am playing BF2 at this moment.. I am glad you made the comment since I now know who I am dealing with.

I am irrational? So lets say the US is occupied, they drop some notes to your house tell you to get out of dodge we are going bomb the hell out of your city because it is terrorist infested. In the process you have lost your shop, your home, and let's say your family just did not make it out in time. Or refused since there just was no where to go... Wait... They had 4x5 Tents to live in... So maybe I cant say that since this is prime living for anyone out in the cold. Not to mention 150,000 plus still are living in these camps. So you come back to this rubble, find everyone you loved dead.. parents, sister, brother grandparents... Your house you lived in forever all your posessions too. Everything that meant anything to you. What are you going to do? I bet I know... Your going to retaliate, doing so you have no been labled a terrorist.

Like Bush said... Your either with us... or against us.

If I was in charge I would fire every damn one of those corrupt politicians.

Please come up with something a little better then the 13 year old remarks... I know your a better person then that.

I am just fed up with how things are going.. I support my friends, troops and everyone else invovled in a war they dont want to be in. I am tired of being drug through the mud in this country by the corrrupt politicians that keep stealilng from us. I know someway you are too.
Kinda like how you pulled the "Fox News" card on me earlier right?  More hypocricy from you I see.  If you must know, I don't even have a TV.  The other guy I live with has one that is nice enough to let me use his.  On top of that, he doesn't even get Fox.  Boy I'd love to have that news channel though.  Aside from all that nonsense and to the main point of your post, I certainly value my life enough over my belongings to evacuate.  I also certainly believe a couple of months is plenty of time to grab what's important enough and get the hell outta there.  Even though innocents died, guess who's fault that was?  I assume you're smart enough to know it's not ours.  I'd also hope you're smart enough to leave your town if criminals came and took over it and you were warned long before that the town was going to be cleaned up by military force.  Noone seems to blame the insurgency for the continued fighting.  Btw, I have some of the leaflets.  They're not exactly as blunt as you seem to think they are with "get the hell out or die."  I still do fully believe you have no sense of logic.  Perhaps I'm too quick to judge, but maybe you should thoroughly read your previous posts as well as mine cause' you still seem to be highly misinformed on what's going on over there.
siciliano732
+202|6648|New York

Vilham wrote:

Its the illuminati ITS ALWAYS THE ILLUMINATI.....

jking..
I agree....
Mike_J
+68|6668
Read some of my other posts after that one.  You'll see why I labeled it is a "World War."  Yes of course it's not in the same sense that WWII was, but one of my earlier posts in this topic explains my thoughts on this definition.

Last edited by Mike_J (2006-05-07 21:31:23)

Rellim83
+7|6681|PA

Spumantiii wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Rellim83 wrote:

.......I iraq had no terrorism before.......ARE U SERIOUS!!!!!!
The guy (Sadam Hussein)  made a public announcement providing a safe haven to all terrorists against America right after the invasion of afghanistan

He consistently bombed and murdered political rivals in the north and south(thats why they had a no fly zone since desert storm)

He has used chemical and biological weapons in the past.  (Israel, Kuwait)

He ploted to assassinate a former president.  (Bush sr.)

Oh ya and their was that whole thing about refusing to let weapons inspectors into the country for like 6 years....ya he might not have had anything but how could anybody possibly believe that when he refused to let weapons inspectors into the country.

I absolutly agree that the occupation in iraq has many problems, but i completly support going to war. Saddam was a threat to America, his neighbors, and his own people.  Saddam was given ample time and many warnings refusing to comply with weapons inspectors, all he had to do was let them inspect his facilities. He was stupid enough to refuse and thats why we had to go to war with him.
I hate assholes like you, who don't even see through the Bush administrations bullshit.  Don't you KNOW how worse things are in Africa?  You claim that Bush got Suddam to 'liberate' the people (even though it was clear that our initial motive to invade was because he had WMD's), yet HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of people are dying world wide every year, whether it's from starvation, political oppression, or just plain killing.

Iran is a much larger threat than Iraq ever was.  So is North Korea.

If Bush wanted to 'liberate' the world, he's doing a bad job at that, too.  Don't get me wrong, we completely destroyed a stable, yes, stable, but oppresive government.  Now, there is no government at all, and we are occupying a country with unstable and very different people, who have hated eachothers guts for thousands of years.  War is inevitable, in a country in Iraq, whether we are there occupying it or not.

In my view, it's a civil war.  Let THEM decide if they should remain one, unified, fucked up country, or split into 3 seperate countries of their own.  But forcing them into it won't work, simple as that.

WW3, are you kidding me?  That's a joke and a disgrace to EVERY veteran who has ever served in any war for the United States.  60 MILLION people died in World War 2, and  something around 15 in World War 1.  We, the United States alone, have lost about 5,000.  That's a joke.  Is he implying that this is only the first stage?  Does our president know what the fuck he's talking about?  Or is he using this as a gimmick to scare people into voting for a pro-war republican candidate for 2008?
I suggest everybody read about the situation in the SUDAN, where thousands die daily under terrorism and a corrupt militant government, and the US has done NOTHING.  WHY?  because U.S. ALREADY HAS SUDAN'S OIL

edit REMEMBER RWANDA?  MILLIONS FORGOTTEN, no oil no marines
Yes i do and you are taking what i said completly out of context...I pointed out the reasons for i Iraq and only iraq i know their are problems everywhere in teh world that might even be worse then iraq, but 1. They are not an immediate threat to the united states (not an excuse just a point) and 2. We cannot solve every single problem ourselves. Just because other countries have similar problems does not mean we should do nothing, hopefully by helping iraq we can solve just one of many problems.  And wehre the hell do u get iraq was stable....they have been in a 3 way civil war since before desert storm, nothign their was stable and people were literally disapearing off the streats (remember after iraq was liberated the newsclips of people screaming into the sewer systems)

Maybe if the United Nations did its job instead and helped people instead of being a bunch of greedy assholes something would be done to help other countries (Sudan) who have the same problem as iraq. Dont blame the United states for all the worlds problems while the United Nations sits around and does nothing but accept bribes and lets tyrants run free.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6643

Spumantiii wrote:

yerded wrote:

Spumantiii wrote:

ok..  did you clean up any DU sites
you missed my point du is just as dangerous and has been in use for 25 years.
It is the dirtiest weapon ever made.  There are other weapons to use.
There is denial that at least 200 thousand us soldiers were exposed to their own DU dust from DU rounds during desert storm.   I heard about engineers cleaning some of that shit up.

Check out the paper then judge me for disliking it
if you were around any dead iraqi tanks you were exposed to DU, dont matter what your job was.  We used DU on targets and people walk by the wreckage and inhale that mighty fine dust
yerded
Bertinator

Spumantiii wrote:

yerded wrote:

This, my friend, is exacty why you are afraid of other counties nuking America.
It is also the exact attitude that provokes terrorism.
In saying this you justify using and having used a weapon that is dirtier than the wmds everyone loves so much.
Your attitude is the kind that would lead the WHOLE world into a nuclear war which would make this planet uninhabitable for over a billion years
I am more afraid of these people doing it to each other. I'm all for clean weapons.
We are developing lasers.

But seriously...I seriously would be in favor of world wide nuclear disarm.
     I think that a lot of the people here who complain about American relations with muslims aren't paying attention to the problems caused by muslims in countries that have supported them! To blame America for the worlds muslim unrest is to turn a blind eye to the problem non American countries have with muslims, at the least. Anyone seriously taking these peoples word that they have some righteous beef with America should look at this;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_van_G … irector%29
and realize that this man was practically beheaded in the street. Thats just an example of the petty animalist barbarity we are fighting against. I'm not even beginning to address the problems in Europe with muslims and the clash of cultures that's coming their way.
     Here is an example of the lack of support by oil rich nations to help rebuild Afganistan.
http://www.paktribune.com/news/index.php?id=110637

Last edited by yerded (2006-05-07 21:45:43)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6643
WW1 never ended, we are still fighting that war to this day.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

WW1 never ended, we are still fighting that war to this day.
No, thankfully, that one ended in 1949 - with the withdrawal of the US from Japan.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6840|Cologne, Germany

I think calling the war on Terror a World War, in comparison with WWI and WWII would a be a little out of proportion. The previous World Wars were fought between nations and alliances of nations.

The War on Terror is essentially a police action against a NGO ( though multinational ) terrorist organization.

The fact that this action is carried out by the military instead of police forces or intelligence organizations doesn't make this a war. Last time I checked, the Marines were no anti-terrorist unit. Regular military is usually not very effective against terrorists or insurgents, if they have the support of the local population.
I am afraid as long as there are groups inside Iraq who support the insurgency (sp?), there is no winning this war.

Moreover, people are having difficulties to differentiate between the ongoing War on Terror ( in Afghanistan, for example ) and the Iraq fiasco. What started out as a military operation against Iraq has now turned into a fierce civil war for political dominance of the country, with the coalition troops in the mix.

Bush would like to call this WWIII, mostly because he knows he will be needing the support of the international community with Iran. This time, there will be no 9/11 to justify a military campaign.

IMHO, there is no WWIII. What we see are regional conflicts, sparked by ethnic and religious unrest. Nothing new here, we have seen that before.
The only differences to respective conflicts in Africa is
a) the fact the middle east holds a considerable amount of oil, and
b) 9/11 and its effect on US foreign policy and view of terrorist organizations like Al'Quaeda.

I would agree that the War on Terror has worldwide dimensions and implications, but by far not as grave as a World War in a traditional sense would have.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

the_heart_attack wrote:

what a surprise that an attack on america would have the us saying its a world war....can i here someone say world series baseball?????
I guess you are saying attacks in Spain, Australia, Phillipines, England, South America, etc....... do not count huh??

Now can we call it a world war??
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6653

lowing wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

what a surprise that an attack on america would have the us saying its a world war....can i here someone say world series baseball?????
I guess you are saying attacks in Spain, Australia, Phillipines, England, South America, etc....... do not count huh??

No.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS
If that's you're definition of a war - then we have been in a continuous war for thousands of years. Name one period of time when attacks weren't made in several countries by 'freedom fighters'.

So what is a war?

Wikipedia wrote:A war is a conflict involving the organized use of arms and physical force between states or other large-scale armed groups. The warring parties hold territory, which they can win or lose; and each has a leading person or organization which can surrender, or collapse, thus ending the war. The participants usually issue formal declarations of war.World war?

A World War is a military conflict affecting the majority of the world's major nations. World wars usually span multiple continents, and are very bloody and destructive.

The term has usually been used to apply to two conflicts of unprecedented scale and slaughter that occurred during the 20th century. They were the First World War, also known as the Great War (1914–1918) and the Second World War (1939–1945).

Some have claimed that the Cold War should be termed a "World War III" and some that the current War on Terror is "World War IV". However, these characterisations have attracted little support outside the (largely ideological) groups that have used them.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
CommandoRog
+10|6684|USA
I dont feel like working tomorrow so Cant someone just start fucking ww3 and get it over with.

Then if anyone is alive they can start a new thread bitching about who won/lost/cheated/bunnyhopping/tank   whoreing/base raping during ww3.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6770|AUS, Canberra

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

lowing wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

No.
most definantly not.

but we can call it what it was......terrorist attacks.

just becuase america invaded a country and they lied about the reasons for doing so doesnt mean its a war.

plus what does iraq have to do with 9/11 again?
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6658| United States of America
WWIII omg! * runs into bomb shelter*

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard