nordicfireman
+7|6680
lately i've been getting killed a ton by the ak-101...i go around a corner, some guy drops to the ground and kills me with what seems to be a single shot from his ak, immediately!! this has happened to me dozens of times

it happens even when i have a ping of like 50 or 70, that's not even enough time for them to fire a single bullet without my comp seeing it (ak fires 600 shots a minute, that's 10 per second, so one shot would take a ping of 100 for me to not see, correct?)

is there some secret here? is this game actually counterstrike now? what the duece is going on?
ssonrats
+221|6653
No trickery, the AK is a beast in the right hands, i have recently ditched my g36e for this gun.
[tlv]TDL
+7|6666
The AKs are very Counter-Strike, yes. I think you've been headshoted, and you're dead before you hear anything. And yes, BF2 is buged. It can be a combination of player-server-you lagg too, not sure.
bf2_zspyvin
+17|6692|The Netherlands
AK 101 is pownzors If u know how to use it, than i think it is the best close combat weapon.
[AK101]
Banned
+15|6575
I kill people.

I actually hate the AK because it's so inaccurate for medium range fire fights. At least I find it to be. M16 > AK.
Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6713|Central Valley,California
I'm the AK-101 god. I love that gun.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6681|Houston, Texas
this is nothing new. it's been this way with this gun since the game came out.
Homercide
+21|6575
According to the wikiguide, the AK101 has less accuracy than all the assault/medic rifles except for the AK47, and requires just about the same amount of hits to kill.
I fail to see the BIG advantage of this rifle really..
[AK101]
Banned
+15|6575
It's very strong (37 damage or something) and is accurate enough for close range fighting. Damage matters when you're not fighting people with full heal.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6788|Great Brown North
i like the ak-101 as well, i seem to get a nice ammount of kills with it usualy:)
The1_Knightmare
Alt+F4 For God-Mode
+14|6634
AK47 owns the AK101.
RedHot
+9|6738
Combination of AK's being amazing and the sound lag glitch compliments of EA.
CrazeD
+368|6681|Maine

The1_Knightmare wrote:

AK47 owns the AK101.
True dat.
Longbow
+163|6654|Odessa, Ukraine

Homercide wrote:

According to the wikiguide, the AK101 has less accuracy than all the assault/medic rifles except for the AK47, and requires just about the same amount of hits to kill.
I fail to see the BIG advantage of this rifle really..
What can I say ? Try it . The only bad thing for it is that you can't place accurate shots at range 50-70 methers , where ather assault rifles may do this . But this means just a bit different game stile ..
Btw , the only assault rifle which makes you protected in most of close combat fightings..

p/s like all soviet weapons in-game , it need more skill to use effectively . Most of players think that better to use n00b-guns , like G36E ( which requires no skill )  and are very surprised when they are killed by defoult M16A2\AK-101
IKC-Wildcat
+1|6656
I know that gun is accurate at close range but i agree with him i have had similar problem and that's even with people at far range you say this gun is bad at far range i disagree i have had people shoot me from like over 70 meters and kill me one shot i think it's just bug when they fixed the accuracy on some guns it messed that one up.
Longbow
+163|6654|Odessa, Ukraine

IKC-Wildcat wrote:

I know that gun is accurate at close range but i agree with him i have had similar problem and that's even with people at far range you say this gun is bad at far range i disagree i have had people shoot me from like over 70 meters and kill me one shot i think it's just bug when they fixed the accuracy on some guns it messed that one up.
Just luckness . At 70 methers range it is imposible to kill proned player with another assault rifle , very low chances . If your enemy is quiet skilled , offcourse .
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6797|Singapore

Fuzzball_the_Shooter wrote:

Your stats happen to disagree:

Assault Rifles 37:23:41 2,512 2,703 0.9293 16.96%
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6657|Norway

[AK101] wrote:

I kill people.

I actually hate the AK because it's so inaccurate for medium range fire fights. At least I find it to be. M16 > AK.
You dont know what the fuck you are talking about as always noobmurderer, dident you get banned for those tk screenshots btw?

The1_Knightmare wrote:

AK47 owns the AK101.
AK47/AK101 - 38/37 damage, not much a difference really. Same accuracy, recoil, reload time, they pretty much are the same. Ima those are the best overall weapons in the game, and they are very accurate when firing single shots.
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6637|Tasmania
Go and watch 'Duck and Cover'. You'll see just how accurate it can be when unscoped. Since I saw that vid, everytime I'm chinese I go with the AK for cqc.

It's shite for medium to long shots though.

Last edited by XstrangerdangerX (2006-05-07 02:17:47)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6724

polarbearz wrote:

Fuzzball_the_Shooter wrote:

Your stats happen to disagree:

Assault Rifles 37:23:41 2,512 2,703 0.9293 16.96%
this is why i love u bearz
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
+17|6752|Switzerland (Im not swiss tho)
maybe his acc is so low because he doesnt scope his AK, like in "Duck and Cover"
Speelbal
+146|6760|Netherlands
I love the AK. Except 47U. Always drop to the ground and you get a headshot. Or sniping with it. One single shot in the head, death. It's nice.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6797|Singapore

-]Eucalyptus[- wrote:

maybe his acc is so low because he doesnt scope his AK, like in "Duck and Cover"
Maybe he doesn't have an at least 1 KDR ratio unlik e 'Duck and Cover'?

And don't bother quoting my Assault Rifle stats at me, it wasn't ME who claimed I was the 'AK101 God'
Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6709|Australia
Ak-101 is great in skilled hands. You can't see it because of a delay in the program. When you die after one shot the may have fired 5 or 6 but for some reason it doesn't register. It is not you ping my is like 15 and it happens to me
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6736|Honolulu, HI
In my opinion, AK-101 > AK-47 > AK-74U (not that you could use that as a Medic anyway, just thought I'd add it in with the other AKs).

As someone pointed out above, the damage differential between the '101 and the '47 is just 1 point, but in exchange you sacrifice quite a bit of accuracy. (Yes, I am aware that the '101 isn't exactly a sniper rifle either...but try using the '47 for a bit and you'll feel its inaccuracy.)

And as for why you'd want to use the AK-101 over, say, the L85A1 (which has better zoom, if equally bad accuracy) or the G36E (which has tighter groups), let's use a little math (GASP, I said the dreaded "M" word in a forum about a game, but bear with me here).

AK-101 = 37 damage per hit (~26 damage per hit against an armored kit)
L85A1 = 34 damage per hit (~24 damage per hit against an armored kit)
G36E = 32 damage per hit (~23 damage per hit against an armored kit)

Basic addition tells us 3 hits from both an AK and the L85 will kill an unarmored soldier.  (It's 4 for the G36E.) But let's say you got unlucky and only managed 2 hits.  This gives us 74 damage with the AK, but only 68 with the L85.  That means you'll still get the kill if your target took 26 damage using the AK, or 32 damage with the L85.  That doesn't sound like much but lots of guns fall right in between that 26-32 damage gap--for instance, a SCAR-L (27), an M16A2 (30), even the dreaded AK-74U (29) that would screw you out of the kill if you had the L85 instead.

Also against armored targets, the AK drops 'em after 4 hits.  Not so with the L85 or G36E.

Sorry (I know this info is readily available in the wiki, but just thought I'd clear some things up here).  What's all this mean?  Well, BF2's guns are pretty well balanced.  Even if you flop into prone with an AK-101, the accuracy is balanced out so that, on average, you'll get 3 hits in the time it takes your enemy (with a G36E) to hit you 4 times--in other words, given equal skill, both players will die at the same time.

Have a nice day!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard