R0lyP0ly
+161|6670|USA
I know that everybody (mostly) thinks snipers are useless, and dont cap flags. Please posts, snipers, some tips to help explain to others that we CAN cap 'em, we just sit in a different spot.

e.g. - WAKE 2007 - North Village - If you lay in the bushes that are between North Base and the boat in the middle of the harbor, you can slowly cap a flag. the ghillie works fantastic, and it is quite funny to see the tank whores running in circles trying to find out why the cant cap it.....

Please add more!

ps - No BS / Sniper R t3h suk / etc comments, this is serious (as serious as a virtual game can be)
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6723|67.222.138.85
Get expert pistol. People always talk about how beneficial expert knife is to there gameplay and everything, but as a sniper capping flags, your pistol is your most important asset, right above your claymores. Once I got expert pistol, I noticed i was a lot moer effective with the pistol as all classes, but it allowed me as a sniper to have a chance against those guys with assault rifles. My advice with it, aim for the head. (I'm serious)
blackcracka
+18|6787
Snipers can be an AMAZING influence on the turn of a match. They kill, weaken, and confuse oncoming enemies and make it much easier to cap flags..  There are some snipers that run around, duck dive, and suicide laying claymores and that helps too i guess. hehe
dont_be_ss
+312|6610|selby, n. yorkshire, UK
just be squad leader and let your members cap the flag, you can watch over them for enemy snipers and other units. most snipers have a good k/d ratio so it makes sense that they are the squad leader. dont lay too far back though or your squad mates will have a long walk to the flag!

Last edited by dont_be_ss (2006-05-06 07:45:40)

Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6769|Toronto, ON
Just run into battle blazing with your rifle.

I probably have one of the highest W/L out of all snipers because of this.
Alpha as fuck.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6778

Just because you use a sniper rifle doesn't mean you are sniping.
ssonrats
+221|6662
I just cap the flag until it goes grey then get a rooftop position where you can see most of the cappable area and wait for an enemy, or if teammates are arriving stay. You obviousley should lay down a couple of clay's in the area.

Last edited by ssonrats (2006-05-06 09:09:00)

Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6713|Germany
Just some stuff which comes to my mind right now:

1. Use the M95 for Anti-Materiel Sniping,I've taken down dozens of Cobras with it.

2. On maps where are no attack choppers use the M24 or L96A1,hide in a secure spot which has a good line of fire into a high traffic area,preferably under a roof.
Example: One of the buildings near the Mosque on Mashtuur,claymore the stairs and stay inside,shoot out of the windows,you have a great view of the US-base(Hill?) and of the Mosque.
Only leave the building for ammo or healthpacks,even better would be 2 squadmates,a support and a medic,then  it's hard to get you out of there.
I usually get around 24/2 when I play this way,sometimes I do not die even once.

3. Claymore,claymore,claymore!!
Since they made claymores able to distinguish between friend or foe my flag defends have skyrocketed.
Spawn,set 2 claymores at the flag and look for a spot which has a good view of your mined flag.If you don't hit him with your sniper rifle there are still 2 claymores around,a kill + a flag defend is always a three-pointer.
Sometimes you just wait at the flag and nothing happens,sometimes you have to kill squad after squad.
Another great technique is when somebody spotted you - you "flee" around a corner,place a claymore and just wait until the kill greedy enemy starts chasing you.Never follow a sniper who "flees",it's nearly always a trap.

4. On all SF maps the SVD is the best choice,there's darkness or fog anyway,so there's no big chance of getting a long range kill.

5. Try to hit moving targets,it's just a tiny distance ahead of the target,all it takes is practice.
In BF2 it was like in BF1942,at first I couldn't hit squat,later on I was able to headshot running targets at long range(which I am still working on in BF2... )
Once you got it it becomes quite possible to hit running targets on 250 meters ranges,if they are already damaged you mostly get the kill.

Hmm,that's all I can think about now,I'm sure there's a lot more but there are also a lot of better snipers than me around.
FromTheAshes
+53|6721
Dolphin dive and aim for teh head
R0lyP0ly
+161|6670|USA
excellent guys / gals. Im am actually surprised at the maturity of those who posted, and did not just spam some BS. +1 to all, since i cant thank you in any different way. (unless you post your address, but i still wont send a thank you card
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6666|South Korea.
1: Bulletdrop killed arcade, so wait to settle the sights, but not too long before shooting.
2: Lay Claymores in high traffic corners when playing assault style.
3: When playing Special Forces, zip to a building with no ladders.
4: Dont make yourself as famous as Nyte, because people hunt you for a laugh.
5: Swap kits, throw health or amo down, swap back and continue.
6: Go to uncaps, and make sure no enemies gets to fly, or at least has a hard time trying, no air support = owned.
7: Once you fired a shot with a sniper rifle, immediately swap to your pistol and finish the bad guy off.
8: Tanks = lmaowned, run up to tanks get out your knife and make it look like your c4ing the guy, he should get out and you can nab hes tank.
9: Kill Support guys first, unless you want your team raped to bits.
10: Grenades = LOL, When someone is capping a flag, throw a nade and he should be dead shortly, dont risk knifing him.
11: When you see medic revivng there chums, run in and spam knife hits on them, it works a charm.
12: The best spots, are the obvious ones, you just need to learn to defend them.
13: Enemy snipers, assume there good, even if they suck.
14: Move from place to place often, especialy if the enemy saw you before he died.
15: Lay clays in each flag side while capping a flag, and sprint round in circles to avoid snipers.

Thats all I got so far.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6670|USA
who gave me the minus one, "i waited for this moment". wtf owned yourself n00b. go find somebody who care about your e-penis, because i sure as HELL dont.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6666|South Korea.

R0lyP0ly wrote:

who gave me the minus one, "i waited for this moment". wtf owned yourself n00b. go find somebody who care about your e-penis, because i sure as HELL dont.
I got loads like that, it happens dude get over it, in my Karma list I have been called a slut, bitch, whore, and then there are ones like "Fucking rubbish post" even on things I posted over a month ago.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6778

Citizen One wrote:

R0lyP0ly wrote:

I got loads like that, it happens dude get over it, in my Karma list I have been called a slut, bitch, whore, and then there are ones like "Fucking rubbish post" even on things I posted over a month ago.
On the flip side, you get a lot of positive just because you are a girl.
Flaming_Maniac
Also, i forgot to mention, if you forget or don't want to walk around with your pistol close quarters, always take a blind no scoped shot at the guy (or go for a quick body shot scoped) before you take out your pistol. Unless your really low on ammo, there's no reason not too, and occasionally it works. Once I turned a corner, saw a support and assault guy, took a random shot that took down teh assault guy, then pistoled the support as he proned for his precious PKM. They got a nasty suprise.

I also find sometimes it helps if you are capping a highly populated flag to throw nades where you know the spawn points are, you can usually get someone.

Citizen One wrote:

8: Tanks = lmaowned, run up to tanks get out your knife and make it look like your c4ing the guy, he should get out and you can nab hes tank.
Thats all I got so far.
LOL, I love doing that especially as medic, I charge them and start spamming med packs at them.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6594|Florida
try not to leave a silhouette of yourself for your enemy
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6666|South Korea.

usmarine2005 wrote:

On the flip side, you get a lot of positive just because you are a girl.
Sue me.

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

LOL, I love doing that especially as medic, I charge them and start spamming med packs at them.
If your mec or Chinese then they will get out for sure lol, because they cant understand what your saying.
C.Schaffer
+19|6615|Sweden
hmm thx m8, very useful:)
hehe I was just wondering, u dont run any faster by holding your knife or something like that, right?
like counterstrike. . .. .
and...gosh...I love the l96a1, but is it really better  than the m95?
Capt. Foley
+155|6604|Allentown, PA, USA
give me a M95 and drop me anywhere within 100m of the enemy main base(as long as it isnt a carrier) and they will not get any viechals off the ground if it is in my feild of fire
i joined a dragon valley server that was almost over and went 22-0 camping the carrier from the hill
Spazz
+7|6583

R0lyP0ly wrote:

e.g. - WAKE 2007 - North Village - If you lay in the bushes that are between North Base and the boat in the middle of the harbor, you can slowly cap a flag. the ghillie works fantastic, and it is quite funny to see the tank whores running in circles trying to find out why the cant cap it.....
its fun anoying ppl
+1
[AK101]
Banned
+15|6583
Best tip ever: use a real kit nubs.
Flaming_Maniac

[AK101] wrote:

This is the second topic I've seen you post a completely meaningless and insulting message in less than five minutes. What would your advice be, oh high and mighty BF2 god?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6778

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

[AK101] wrote:

This is the second topic I've seen you post a completely meaningless and insulting message in less than five minutes. What would your advice be, oh high and mighty BF2 god?
He is right, it is a good tip.  Sounds useful to me.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6640|EU

On Wake 2007 you can get on the roof of every building,just watch where are boxes and jump on them, then to the roof by holding Shift(Sprint).You can use vehicles too.I dont know why snipers dont use it, because there arent so many positions for sniping. Perfect is bunker(or something like that) near their Scan stuff at Chineese base, you just need to hop on it and you see all the runnway(where are waiting on their planes and chopper air whores)With L96A1 it is super! Although those roofs are perfect to defend,but no cover from arty or chopper

I guess that most of you already now it, but still, here is an adress with some very good tips and tricks for each map. Have fun!

www.secretsofbattlefield.com

https://www.bf2sigs.net/sigs/2/4/60314559.png
Flaming_Maniac

usmarine2005 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

[AK101] wrote:

He is right, it is a good tip.  Sounds useful to me.
Yeah, that's a nice k/d and spm you've got going there with a useful kit.

This topics title makes it real obvious it's for snipers, so why did you click here just to insult people.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard