wahjot
+30|6584
so im mostly posting this topic because i just had a look at my stats and was amused by my 0.9986 k/d ratio (ugh round up...). however, i dont think this is really a good indicator of how skilled a person is (yeah go rationalizing yeahhh); if theres a helo on sharqui and im AT, ill make the effort to take a shot at it (ugh stryyker/dogtag combo). of course this results in more deaths, so i dont think k/d ratio is really a good measure of how good someone is

maybe k/d in addition to something else can be a good indication (of course nothing can replace actually playing with someone), but what stats give you the most accurate representation of a player's ability?
Des.Kmal
+917|6617|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
SPM and KPM

But mostly score per minute. lol
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
wahjot
+30|6584

Kmal1 wrote:

SPM and KPM

yeah but you could have a sniper that makes really amazing shots at crucial times but still has a low spm, or maybe someone that plays really defensively (tv station on sharqui, train accident/suburb on karkand, etc)

anyways this topic was also because in some other thread someone called someone else a noob for having a low k/d ratio

Last edited by wahjot (2006-05-04 18:42:55)

PunkX
stoned
+198|6623|Canada
Rank and K/D
Des.Kmal
+917|6617|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

wahjot wrote:

Kmal1 wrote:

SPM and KPM

yeah but you could have a sniper that makes really amazing shots at crucial times but still has a low spm, or maybe someone that plays really defensively (tv station on sharqui, train accident/suburb on karkand, etc)

anyways this topic was also because in some other thread someone called someone else a noob for having a low k/d ratio
Oh sorry. I have a very low K/D ratio too, but I have a }fairly" high SPM. Sorry though.

I thought it was a pure made one. lol
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6684|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
i dont really look at at there score, but how they play i know a couple of lt conels that are asshats, so IDK i know all of them arn't but some of the people playing are 10-12 year old kids that have admin powers that play none stop have the worst SPM and what ever.  So all i am saying is you can't judge a book by it cover...
wahjot
+30|6584
what sorry for what, it was someone else lol
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6805|The planet Tophet
all i can say is i suck at the game and i know i do
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6695|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia

Kmal1 wrote:

wahjot wrote:

Kmal1 wrote:

SPM and KPM

Oh sorry. I have a very low K/D ratio too, but I have a }fairly" high SPM. Sorry though.

I thought it was a pure made one. lol
i wouldnt say 1.8 spm is high mines
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6590|Reisterstown, MD

There is not one stat that you can look at and say "Wow, he's good".   Having said that, I think glancing at someone's vehicle k/d, i.e. avatar, armor, etc. is a good indicator how well they do with vehicles.  Likewise, looking at someone's k/d ratio with the weapons, not kits, is also a good indicator how well they are on foot.  Sometimes battles are won in the trenches, not with vehicles.  With all that being said, someone's overall kill/death ratio can be misleading.  For instance, vehicle k/d can inflate that particular score.  That goes the same for score per minute.  One padding round, i.e. the commander glitch or med/knife/revive padding, can make someone seem like they are just hot spit.  So really, the only way to tell if someone is a good player or not, is that you really have to be in a game with them to know for sure.  That is only the definitive way. 
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6698|U.S
i JUDGE BY WHAT AWARDS THEY HAVE LIKE EXPERT KNIFE OR PISTOL AND IF THEY ARE ALL AROUND GOOD WITH ALL KITS JUST LIKE ME.
T0rr3nt
+54|6576|Michigan

*TS*tphai wrote:

all i can say is i suck at the game and i know i do
dude, youll get better just keep playing and find what works for you.
HaVoK-RooKiE
+27|6647|United Kingdom
ROFL did you say like you?! your k/d ratio is 0.6 something and spm is 1.1 . hahaha funny stuff.  ^^^^^^^^
to travis

But cutthroat man your a vehicle whore like me haha half your time is in vehicles, jets, helos, armor ect im a bit worse though 3/4 my time is in vehicles. lol   I am a jet whore i will admit it, being one has my spm up and k/d ratio rising. sooooo get good at vehicles? lol i dunno i look at there wepons stats- assault rifles, light machine guns, ect ect k/d ratios

Last edited by HaVoK-RooKiE (2006-05-04 19:06:20)

DrJAV
+1|6568
I personally don't think that there is a huge correlation between stats and skill. Although alot of people with good stats would be very skilled, it doesn't really follow that if you are skilled you have good stats - for the reasons you mentioned whajot. Because there are many affective team rolls that a player can take that don't result in high scores (when compared to spending the round in a plane or a tank), but are pretty friggin' helpful to the war effort - i.e. defensive positions, or playing as a safe squad leader, removed from tyhe action to give your squad a spawn point.
The way i typically judge is if someone has spent alot of time doing something (like 250 hours in a chopper) they have dedicated a hell of alot of time to that aspect of this game, and you'd think that they would have developed some skill in that by now
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6596|Seattle

I Love Writing In All Caps Too!! Omgrzsh!1!! And I Have Teh Gold Medal In Knifeskillz!!!
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Rizen_Ji
+41|6735|200m out and smiling at you.
small-arms stats... and checking kit times and overall effectiveness with most-used kit
HaVoK-RooKiE
+27|6647|United Kingdom
ANOTHEEERRR wayy to tell if they are any good is if they have a purple heart :-P *cough* ^^^ *cough*
jimbo21
+11|6651
i play with people and see for myself.  the stats tend to be contradictive to me.  plus with me, not that i am great now but it took me quite alot of dying and learning the game before i got any better at it which i am sure make the stats look horrible at first glance unless you take the time to analize graphs and such.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6698|U.S

HaVoK-RooKiE wrote:

ROFL did you say like you?! your k/d ratio is 0.6 something and spm is 1.1 . hahaha funny stuff.  ^^^^^^^^
to travis

But cutthroat man your a vehicle whore like me haha half your time is in vehicles, jets, helos, armor ect im a bit worse though 3/4 my time is in vehicles. lol   I am a jet whore i will admit it, being one has my spm up and k/d ratio rising. sooooo get good at vehicles? lol i dunno i look at there wepons stats- assault rifles, light machine guns, ect ect k/d ratios
I meant like all veteran like me not only medic or something like that
HaVoK-RooKiE
+27|6647|United Kingdom
Question? How do you guys have so much time played an so little points?  For example me- 249 hours played  32,000 + points http://bf2s.com/player/64284079/  just wondering b/c it seems all of the posts on here you guys have tonnnns more hours in the game but way less points.. just confuzeled is all
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6791|Jupiter
I think we should all go play the game.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6698|U.S
I also think you spm and K/d is high because you are an armor and airplane whore and you criticizing me haVok rookie
HaVoK-RooKiE
+27|6647|United Kingdom
lol if you read above i admited i was a vehicle whore in general. and BTW its HaVoK-ExPerT hahaha
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

anyone who shoots dogtag and i down, is good. for that, wahjot is good
Not
Great success!
+216|6576|Chandler, AZ
Accuracy with specific weapons is one of the first things I look at. If a guy is only good at spraying down a target then I'm really not that impressed. Also, if people play on pistol servers a lot then their acc can be inflated, so look not so much at overall accuracy, but specific weapon accuracies. In an FPS, really, the thing that seperates good from bad players is how often they hit enemies. I know that's really simplifying BF2 a lot, but in plain and simple shooter terms, he who hits most kills most.

Now that's not to say that they're good team players. Some people just rambo along and never defend points or attack assets. But I think accuracy is really the stat that I look at the most because it's a good indicator of how likely you are to die if you go head to head with that person in infantry combat.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard