I would have to agree
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6692|Calgary

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Superslim wrote:

Math class
I would have to agree
on a more serious note.............ahhh to hell with it, I got a cold 6 pack waiting for me.

Night guys
CrazeD
+368|6673|Maine
Anti-tank is by far the most useless kit. You can't kill infantry with the junk sub-machine guns, even at close range, and the DAO-12 is only good at ranges no greater than 10 feet. You don't have grenades. The SRAW/ERYX is ineffective against infantry, even if it lands at their feet it won't kill you..you have to physically get hit by it. It takes two well placed rounds to kill a tank, otherwise it takes three or four, it takes two or three hits to kill an APC. You barely have time to get one round in them, let alone 2+.

Then to top that off, if the armor is traveling togethor as engineers, the anti-tank kit is completely and utterly useless against the armor. You cannot be killed by anti-tank rockets whilest traveling togethor as engineers, UNLESS 4 - 5 guys with anti-tank rockets all happen to hit you at the same time.

Assault is the next most useless class. The weapons suck and they run slow. To my knowledge, assault troops are supposed to run fast and be the most effective against troops. Not in BF2, of course.
5.56HaleStorm
Gangsta Crizza
+10|6582|Sydney, Aus
Anti Tank.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6646

CrazeD wrote:

Anti-tank is by far the most useless kit. You can't kill infantry with the junk sub-machine guns, even at close range, and the DAO-12 is only good at ranges no greater than 10 feet. You don't have grenades. The SRAW/ERYX is ineffective against infantry, even if it lands at their feet it won't kill you..you have to physically get hit by it. It takes two well placed rounds to kill a tank, otherwise it takes three or four, it takes two or three hits to kill an APC. You barely have time to get one round in them, let alone 2+.

Then to top that off, if the armor is traveling togethor as engineers, the anti-tank kit is completely and utterly useless against the armor. You cannot be killed by anti-tank rockets whilest traveling togethor as engineers, UNLESS 4 - 5 guys with anti-tank rockets all happen to hit you at the same time.

Assault is the next most useless class. The weapons suck and they run slow. To my knowledge, assault troops are supposed to run fast and be the most effective against troops. Not in BF2, of course.
Anti tank is hardly useless. Sub machineguns rule close range and Dao is the shit in close range. Once they get far away the SRAW and ERYX become one shot sniper rifles. They're actually very good at killing infantry at any range. I know many people who SRAW/ERYX whore including myself.
ZimiZuhu
+11|6659
Assault
Souljah
+42|6667
i would have to say the most useless class would have to be english. i mean come on why do i have to know how to disect a sentece for . but seriously, why do you people think assault sucks so bad? i mean sure the gl got nerfed but  if you know how to use it, it is still a deadly weapon. i guess all the people who say that w/o the jump shoot gl assault is worthless must be the people who used to jump, aim at their feet, shoot gl, kill the other person and then run to the nearest medic. and i agree, ak-101 is the deadliest gun of all. only gun that can kill me with full life in cqc is the jackhammer. i met alot of dao users in the palace at warlord and i can kill them no prob. although they always say i have some kind of hack lmao. but like others say there really is no useless class. but if i had to chose one i would say sniper
CrazeD
+368|6673|Maine

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Anti tank is hardly useless. Sub machineguns rule close range and Dao is the shit in close range. Once they get far away the SRAW and ERYX become one shot sniper rifles. They're actually very good at killing infantry at any range. I know many people who SRAW/ERYX whore including myself.
I find it funny when people try to SRAW/ERYX me, and I just sidestep and avoid the missle, then shoot them in the head.

I will admit, the DAO is sweet in close quarters. But the sub-machine guns are total crap. I usually win any fight against a sub-machine gun, and almost always lose the fight while using it, unless I'm behind someone. It's basically an automatic pistol with a bigger clip. Infact, the pistol is more accurate.

But as far as the anti-tanks role, it is the most useless. It's role is to take out tanks...something it fails to do effectively. It should be two hits is a gauranteed kill. It takes two hits to an APC to set it on fire, in which the driver can easily escape, and you get no kill. It takes two hits to a tank to set it on fire, but only if you hit it square on in the weakest spot.
Crashburn
+4|6585|Germany
I would say Assault or Anti Tank, but they are my mostly loved classes. I know how to use them, but many others don't so they think they are useless.

This thread shouldn't be asking for the most useless classs, it should ask for the mostly used by 12yr old. That would be Spec-Ops/Medic.
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6690|The Netherlands
I go with the majority, assault, was, G36E is better than any Assault weapon, + you get to heal yourself and others (POINTS) if you're medic. Assault is just a crappy crappy class, GL are Useless.

Oh, there's nothing wrong with the AT class if you ask me, 1hit kills with the rocket launcher if you're good, and the dao is just superb in close range. As for medics and spec ops is only for 12-old, I'm NOT 12 years old, but I do like to play Medic a lot, mainly because the gun G36E is so good! And, which is always nice you get to make a lot of points, now what do you want more?

Last edited by =TH=[Eleanor]-NL- (2006-05-05 04:35:10)

LordDragonclaw
RPK-74 Whore
+26|6582

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

LordDragonclaw wrote:

Anti tank, the worse guns ever and a rocket launcher that doesnt do shit to what its supposed to counter.
Says the noob with a .56 K/D ratio.
Says the smartass whos played for months longer than I have.
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6690|The Netherlands
I do have to admit AT rockets are not that usefull against armor, I never seem to get the kill with those things, mostly just a kill damage assist, which I get when I'm lucky even...
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6578|Florida
I would say they all have their good and bad sides.  My least favorite to play as would have to be engineer though.  I dont mind repairing stuff, and setting out mines, but i have having to use a shotgun all the time and having to shoot long range with my pistol lol.  Ive gotten quite good at it, but I would still rather use either an assault rifle or smg.  I like playing as sniper, mainly to kill other snipers that guys on my team apparently cant figure out how to kill them....meanwhile they are trying to throw grenades up 9 floors to the rooftop and just end up blowing themselves up......or they could just do it the easy way from 300 yards out
Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6682|Canada
it's funny when ppl say sniper kit is useless.  Because it is, for them, and probably will stay that way.  I've killed more dudes in a round with a sniper rifle many times than I would with all your precious pkms and g36s
and if your shot doesnt drop a guy the pistol is JUST as accurate if you can handle it.  Are claymores not the most effective anti infantry eqpt?
Sa¢ripan
+12|6740|St-Dié/ Lorraine/ France
snipers by far, i love people who say anti-tank....
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6709|Charlie One Alpha

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

I would say they all have their good and bad sides.  My least favorite to play as would have to be engineer though.  I dont mind repairing stuff, and setting out mines, but i have having to use a shotgun all the time and having to shoot long range with my pistol lol.  Ive gotten quite good at it, but I would still rather use either an assault rifle or smg.  I like playing as sniper, mainly to kill other snipers that guys on my team apparently cant figure out how to kill them....meanwhile they are trying to throw grenades up 9 floors to the rooftop and just end up blowing themselves up......or they could just do it the easy way from 300 yards out
Word. +1.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Kontrolfreq
+50|6604|Cambridge UK
Just to be different. Engineers!

Shit guns, too hard to get repair points, peeps always steal your tank when you get out to repair it, AT mines are good fun, but C4 does the same job with more flexability.

Then again i can have a fun with any class. One thing that needs sorting though is the AT class not being the best class to use for Anti Tanking!
Sgt.Zubie
+77|6575

=TH=[Eleanor]-NL- wrote:

I go with the majority, assault, was, G36E is better than any Assault weapon, + you get to heal yourself and others (POINTS) if you're medic. Assault is just a crappy crappy class, GL are Useless.

Oh, there's nothing wrong with the AT class if you ask me, 1hit kills with the rocket launcher if you're good, and the dao is just superb in close range. As for medics and spec ops is only for 12-old, I'm NOT 12 years old, but I do like to play Medic a lot, mainly because the gun G36E is so good! And, which is always nice you get to make a lot of points, now what do you want more?
How do you get a 1 hit kill with the rocket on a tank with full health?  I'm not being a smartass I would just like to know. I've tried the tracks and where the turrent meets the hull but I can't do it.

I sure would like to though!
Bellasadda
+0|6602|Austin, Texas
It can be hard to kill someone with an AT kit if they know how to dodge a rocket (a well timed jump or a good Sidestep), but if you play on a pub chances are they will just lay down, making your life really easy. But if you know how to use the AT kit, your target probably shouldn't see you in the first place.

What makes the AT kit really good is it's the best hit and run kit. It's perfect for sneaking up on a squad, grabbing two or three kills, and hiding again reload everything.

Also, the Rocket Launcher is surprisingly one of the best weapons for running into someone around a corner because you can grab an easy instant kill it you play your cards right.

If you really want to know how to take out a tank:
http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/hitpoints.php

Last edited by Bellasadda (2006-05-05 07:12:20)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

CrazeD wrote:

The DAO is actually still effective at 30 feet or so, just that, fewer pellets will hit.  But much faster than going to pistol.  The P90 is actually pretty good proned for short and medium range targets.  SRAW/ERYX sniping is not difficult.  Just proper aiming and timing.   Helps a lot if the target is prone or zooming.

Regarding AT versus armor convoys, sometimes you're the AT distracting the armor column while the Spec-Ops sneaks in and plants the C4.

Last edited by Ilocano (2006-05-05 10:35:49)

allfive6
+18|6704|Victoria BC or Karkand
sniper kit is the mostless class in BF2
will180
Power Lurker
+27|6667|Jacksonville, Florida

Superslim wrote:

Math class
Can I get an Amen from the choir!
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6809|Marathon, Florida Keys

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

Sniper.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6685|Seattle

will180 wrote:

Superslim wrote:

Math class
Can I get an Amen from the choir!
Hey stop bashing math class
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6578|Florida

Spumantiii wrote:

it's funny when ppl say sniper kit is useless.  Because it is, for them, and probably will stay that way.  I've killed more dudes in a round with a sniper rifle many times than I would with all your precious pkms and g36s
and if your shot doesnt drop a guy the pistol is JUST as accurate if you can handle it.  Are claymores not the most effective anti infantry eqpt?
i herd dat......im curious how many deaths by snipers some of the people have that say its useless

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard