yuck7777
+12|6786|USA
Even though I don't get to play as much as I would like too. I love this game. My only concern is that with the anouncement of battlefield 2142. Is this the end for boosters or will EA still expand bf2? As we all know to well all good things come to an end. Of couse I'll get the new battlefield, but would rather see bf2 expand more. Its only been almost year since the release of bf2 I hope they expand it at least a year more.
If anyone has any news on this please post here. Thanks and see you on the battlefield!
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6639|The Netherlands
i hope not maybe there will be another x-pack like special force
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6731|Melbourne, Australia
i hope they come out with a pack that adds on to vanilla.. more wepons guns and maps
xaven
+25|6745|Berlin
will be the last official, I guess. after that they will force bf 2142 (bf starwars).
howler_27
+90|6699
I'm thinking that the new AF booster is going to be a major boost to the amount of people that somewhat shelved the game.  From what I've been reading about it, and what people have requested seeing in the game, I'm thinking that the Euro Forces pack will die off, and this will be the main booster pack being played.  The screenies look killer, and it seems like everybody is waiting for the A-10.  Hopefully, they will give it propper respect.  I could care less if it had air to air.  The gun and a few bombs would be plenty.
=DHG=ArkAng37
+16|6616
I cant stand SF only due to the fact of ping. When I first got SF I was pinging fine but now it lags. I updated all my drivers and all and still lags.
DSRTurtle
+56|6698
I'd love to see an expansion for special forces with more maps for the armies.  I'd also like to see more maps for EU Army in Euroforces.

2 or 3 maps per army is just not enough to have fun with all the time.  I like vanilla BF2 because you have atleast a dozen maps to play.

Last edited by DSRTurtle (2006-05-04 07:32:35)

alpinestar
+304|6608|New York City baby.
I bet they would make more money if they made us pay for patches rather than buying those gay expension packs
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6707|Mountains of West Virginia

alpinestar wrote:

I bet they would make more money if they made us pay for patches rather than buying those gay expension packs
ahh why wouold you say that? I want a working game for the 50bucks i already payed for.

Last edited by Snipedya14 (2006-05-04 08:10:44)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6702|Tampa Bay Florida
I hope not, but my gut tells me it will be.
wraparoundww
+-1|6677|Cleveland, OH
EA stands for expansion packs.  That's how they make their money.  Look at all previous EA products and I bet you there's an x-pack for it.

Not to say that I won't purchase AF.....'cause I'm a sucker like everybody else.  Just an observation.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6764
EA games
Patch everything heh?

We don't need an expansion; we need a combleted and well designed patch to cover all holes in BF2

Well, I think that tis exp. will be the last one.

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-05-04 12:02:08)

Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6655|England
I think AF should pave the way for a booster called, say: Homeland Invasion

Where Europe gets invaded and the EF responds, the SAS against China in London. Then Moscow by Rebels (Spets v. Rebels) and of course another American invasion.

However there should definatly be a new tier of weapons, more than 3 maps and more vehicles

YOU ****ING LISTENING EA. YOU CHEATED ME OUT OF THE EFFORT OF EARNING THE NAVY CROSS AND SCHIMITAR BUT I WILL NOT BUY 2142 UNTIL BF2 IS FIXED!!!!
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6643|USA
i think the next xpac is the palestinian version... no new rifles but there is the c4 laden vest and you can throw rocks
docnutz
+39|6771|B O S T ON area
Whats next ?..........Border Wars???   

Canadian and Mexican armies!!  new weapons, soldiers and maps!!!
Sgt.Davi
+300|6655|England
I think instead of USMC in AF it should be US National Guard!! w00t (probably is)
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6772
[speculation]

Next thing is Naval Forces. How do you think the MEC got across the Atlantic, and the PLA over the Pacific?

[/speculation]
Sgt.Davi
+300|6655|England
Oh we discussed this in History

They used a Hercules or summat and stole a carrier. I am also all for Naval Forces, 1942 Style

Last edited by Sgt.Davi (2006-05-04 12:32:24)

niomosy
+26|6701
Naval Forces?  We've already got the Navy SEALS in SF so I'm not sure about that.

Personally, I'd like to see more maps for SF as well.  I generally like SF and am spoiled by ziplines and grappling hooks.  I do miss having the tier 2 unlocks all the time though

If EA were smart enough, they'd just pay some mod developers for a decent mod, tweak it and slap their label on it and call it a new X-pack or Booster or whatnot for more $$
Sgt.Davi
+300|6655|England
When we say Naval Forces we mean use of Sea vehicles such as Destroyers, Subs, Dreadnoughts and the reintroduction of the movement of the carrier. Oh and tier 3 unlocks FTW. FOR.THE.WIN Dammit
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6677|NT, like Mick Dundee

I want the original game to be expanded more too... SF is a nice change occasionally but I prefer regular BF2's groundpounding. We can live in hope.

I wonder if EA/DICE will ever give in and give us some more free maps....
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Sgt.Davi
+300|6655|England
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Are you serious?! This is EA and Dice, the guys that screwed the medal requirments in order for us to buy 2142! Not a chance mate. I am seriously hoping that [speculation] Future Booster packs and expansions from EA and Dice have more than 3 measly maps for 6 quid [speculation ends here]
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6704

Sgt.Davi wrote:

I think instead of USMC in AF it should be US National Guard!! w00t (probably is)
I have been thinking about the eact same thig woot sauce! the USNG should have these guns:
Spec. Ops. - M4A1
Sniper - M21
Assault - M4A1/M203
Support - M60
Eingeneer - M1187
Medic - M16
AT - MP5A4/ SMAW
Sgt.Davi
+300|6655|England
Yar M60 pwns mate and the M4 too. How about the XM8 though? That is a truly sweet gun! Search it on www.world.guns.ru
DSRTurtle
+56|6698
How about $10 x packs for SF?  3 - 4  maps for for the Russians, 2 against the US Seals, and 1 or 2 against the Rebels?  Another for the Insurgents, 2 against the Seals, and 1 or 2 against the SAS.  I could go on, but you get the point.  I'd love to see all the unlocks available in SF as well. 

I love being able to use the grappling hook and zipline.  In regular BF2, It would be great as to have those as unlocks as you get to some really good places to snipe from.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard