IronFerret
+48|6655|Mexico City.
Ww1
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6689|The Netherlands
Wow quite a lot of input. I also like the idea of the 1680 version, with pirates and stuff. +1 for that m8'ie Arghhhh.

But do you think it's possible for EA (or other developers) to make such a game? I mean, we all know there are like 942,345,241 WW2 games, some Vietnam games, cold war, modern war and even futuristic games, but there are just so few Middle-Age FPS games. There are lot's or RTS games, the AoE series for example. Why not make a FPS out of this, if they do it, they definaltelly will be the first for years to develop such a game, and if you ask me there's quite a big chance it'll hit us all like a bomb! (or Trebuchet stone ;-))
kn0ckahh
+98|6737|netherlands, sweet lake city
it would be cool if the fighting style would be like oblivion  the first person works great there...
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6645
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6654|Brisbane, Australia

JeSTeR_Player1 wrote:

A FPS with Swords and Bows?

Project Offset is on the way as the first Epic Fantasy FPS. Looks really well done and worth lookin at if you have not already, Videos are all over the internet so "Google it".

I don't like the idea of Futuristic Combat as it would never really happen because weapons are getting alot more powerfull and nobody would want to start a war because they would get destroyed at the touch of a button. We have enough explosives on the planet to blow it to Space dust already... sooo, Nobody would want to piss other countries off if it would cause harm to the Planet as a whole, even Terrorists. Even countries without such weapons are protected by countries that do creating a stalemate.
Lies, the world is very durable, all those nukes would only make earth unenhabitable
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6787|Singapore

No.
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
Soooo, is this still going about Battlefield 1242? Sounds more like Battlefield 3142 (at least, could have been 2012 as well...)
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6836|A Small Isle in the Tropics

https://static.flickr.com/46/138971589_5c1038360d.jpg

who says you cant get vehicles in 1242 or..earlier..
malarkeycoon
+16|6639|Cardiff
It would be kind of hard to have a fps game with people running around with swords. It would just be like a bf2 server full of people going for their knife badge.

I'm assuming the biggest piece of armor you could have would be a horse. Horse Whores.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS
Hardly fair: Everyone would go longbows!
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6718|Melbourne, Australia
yer dat would be much better.. i dont recall anyone actully asking for that futuristic bs known as battlefield 2142 what a waste EA BLOWS ROYAL ASS RINGS
MooseRyder
+37|6653|Montréal, Canada
bows = noobtubing in bf2
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6749
the medics wouldnt be very good in BF 1242, can you just imagine it, they walk round with a hacksaw instead of defibs, and if you get sworded, they will have to cut your leg or arm off to help you out.

there would be players walking about developing gangreen and then just dropping dead.
strangelove
HOBO SPIRIT
+77|6619|the side hatch

tF-afrojap wrote:

http://bf1300.ytmnd.com/

Old, but I feel obligated to post.
man, every thread...i know exactly what i am going to post right when i see the thread title...and then everytime i see you have already posted it
Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|6668
I lay odds you'd still get some arse shouting "Enemy boat spotted!" in the middle of the field of battle, though.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6836
I would so pistol whip the shit out of people with my brace of flintlocks.
FoShizzle
Howdah Lysozyme
+21|6625|Pittsburgh, PA
Sounds like you guys have the basis for your game...now all you need to do is start writing lines and lines and lines and lines and lines of code. 
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6836

FoShizzle wrote:

Sounds like you guys have the basis for your game...now all you need to do is start writing lines and lines and lines and lines and lines of code. 
Or make a mod for BF2.

That would be sweet.
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
Yeah of some talented people read this, you've already got our support!!! Maybe it will be as succesful as Desert Combat for BF1942, maybe EA will than consider to build a full BF1242 game!!! (As Desert Combat could count as a reason for making BF2, same timeline as DC)
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

savking wrote:

the lack of guns would be a seriuos downfall for a lot of people though n bows n arows only have a certain amount of range
Actually, longbows and crossbows had longer ranges and were far more accurate than first generation muskets/arquebus.  Go as far ahead as the Revolutionary War, and muskets were still pathetically short range weapons.  The musket's advantage was simply the fact that it took less skill to use than the bows.  The musket took only weeks of training, whereas the longbow took years.

Regarding sniper scopes, think Galileo.  Equip the crossbow with Galileo's scope, and you have a bolt-action sniper...

How about Da Vinci's tank, submarine, and flying craft?

The Chinese/Korean repeating crossbow as the LMG?
http://authors.history-forum.com/liang_ … ugenu.html
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6763|Dallas
Actually I think this would be a horrible idea.

Think about it.  What is EA/DICE notorious for?   Shitty collision meshes and wall glitches.

A game that would require people to hit other people with stuff and was made by DICE?  What a fucking nightmare that would be.
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!

Ilocano wrote:

savking wrote:

the lack of guns would be a seriuos downfall for a lot of people though n bows n arows only have a certain amount of range
How about Da Vinci's tank, submarine, and flying craft?

http://authors.history-forum.com/liang_ … ugenu.html
Hm, well, if you make those, it's again a fantasy game, kind of though... That's what I am trying to get rid of, just have a full authentical game, and as you say, longbow's have got a much further range than musquets. I have seen a longbow'men shooting a target over 1km away, where a simple M16 would NOT make that range!

And Cougar, unfortunatelly.... I guess I have to say you are quite right. EA/DICE are not really known for the perfect knife combat game, I mean, sometimes you can hit an enemy like 5 times with the knife while he's still 100% all alive. But.... maybe they can do better this time ;-)
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
Woah hell yeah, man I can't wait to play this game ;-). I suggest EA throws 2142 in the freeeeezer, and go 1242 all the way!
Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6706|NL
If EA/Dice would build/design this idea of yours in the "Age Of Empires II -style" it would be awesome! +1

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard