REYKON
+8|6589
so i was just reading through the forums about how people are complaining about vehcile whores and noobs in helis. i randomly thought of a solution that may help. i havent thought of the pros and cons of the idea nor the willingness of every player to go along of it. but here it is.

now just like in real life, if you want to fly/drive a vehicle you gotta learn. so i thought why not have some type of qualification course that involves shooting targets, flying through obstacles, low altitude flying, low visibility flying (just for the hell of it), and advanced manuevers. it wouldnt take forever to get your "wings" but it would at least filter out the noobs from the more advanced players.

you would sign on our account like normal, but instead of joing a multiplayer game you can train in a quasi-offline qualification course.

the goal of this idea is to:

1. prevent noobs from flying
2. raising the standard of good flying
3. lower the amont of players fighting for helis

i see a lot of people insisting that player practice in offline games. why not make that offline game into a qualifying course.

its just an idea. don't get all your panties in an uprawr. feedback anyone?

Last edited by REYKON (2006-05-01 01:05:23)

IronFerret
+48|6656|Mexico City.
i dont know would be kind of messy admin that, i mean for EA, but its definitily a good idea. Anyway i dont think they are including some stuff like it unless they charge for acounts like WoW.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6787|Singapore

My panties are already in an uproar.

Sure like anyone would be bothered. Don't get me wrong I SUPPORT your idea, but who would bother.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6769|AUS, Canberra
they did earn it, the moment they payed for the game.
REYKON
+8|6589
america's army has the same thing for snipers. and AA is free. why not implement the same thing for helis?
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6720|Sydney, Australia

the_heart_attack wrote:

Amen.
KRU-FEOS
+6|6571

REYKON wrote:

america's army has the same thing for snipers. and AA is free. why not implement the same thing for helis?
I was thinking the same thing. Or...they could have a system for getting into aircraft like they do for Commander selection. Only instead of it being based on your rank, it's based on your flying time/aviation score(s). Unfortunately for me, that prob means I'd never get to fly! LOL

Until/unless they implement something like that...everyone paid the same price for the game, so everyone's got the same right to fly.
EvilJebus
+11|6623

the_heart_attack wrote:

they earned the right to fuck it up for the team the moment they bought the game
they were born with the ability to be an asshat, they developed that skill well over the 10 or so years they've been alive

it is a good idea though, i've mentioned an America's Army style certification in other posts, but it wont happen so i dont whine about it

Last edited by EvilJebus (2006-05-01 07:50:34)

Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6661|USA
Please list the qualities of a "NooB" pilot please? Would that be anyone to get to the plane before you?
Herackles
+33|6625

mcminty wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

Amen.
Couldn't agree more.  I honestly couldn't care if they "earned" it by practicing.  Not everyone has the free time to park themselves in front of a computer and "practice" to get better at a video game.  All of this kinda reminds me of a kid I used to work with a while ago.  He was so into Counterstrike, that he said he had to practice everyday to get better.  Which is all well and good, but when he said that he considered himself to be an athlete...I laughed my ass off.
DavidianCox
...from the internet
+60|6656|Birmingham

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Please list the qualities of a "NooB" pilot please? Would that be anyone to get to the plane before you?
lmao +1
JahManRed
wank
+646|6626|IRELAND

A good idea. The TK for jets on public is out of control. The only problem I would see, is that all the planes in the air would allways be good and own the map making the game one sided. Personally I like noobs getting the jets sometimes, lets me play more of a ground game and not have to worry too much about jets for a change.
DavidianCox
...from the internet
+60|6656|Birmingham

Herackles wrote:

Couldn't agree more.  I honestly couldn't care if they "earned" it by practicing.  Not everyone has the free time to park themselves in front of a computer and "practice" to get better at a video game.  All of this kinda reminds me of a kid I used to work with a while ago.  He was so into Counterstrike, that he said he had to practice everyday to get better.  Which is all well and good, but when he said that he considered himself to be an athlete...I laughed my ass off.
bwahaha an athlete...brilliant! +1 for you as well.
Impaqt
+37|6637|Chicago, Il
I'm a green piot......  Less than 10 hours...  but before I jumped in a F35 and proceeded to immediately put the plane in the ocean, I played a bit in Single player and in empty servers......  I made damn sure I wasnt going to crash at takeoff.....  There is nothing worse than junking a jet in front of a good pilot who was coming to get into the plane.....

But you see it all the time........

Some sort of forced training would be great....  Nothing hard...  Something like being able to get your basic aviator badge (THats what...  5 or 10 minutes in the air) in Single player or in an empty server....  At LEAST be able to get the plane off the ground before you take away a jet from a seasoned player.
Viper38
+118|6669

REYKON wrote:

so i was just reading through the forums about how people are complaining about vehcile whores and noobs in helis. i randomly thought of a solution that may help. i havent thought of the pros and cons of the idea nor the willingness of every player to go along of it. but here it is.

now just like in real life, if you want to fly/drive a vehicle you gotta learn. so i thought why not have some type of qualification course that involves shooting targets, flying through obstacles, low altitude flying, low visibility flying (just for the hell of it), and advanced manuevers. it wouldnt take forever to get your "wings" but it would at least filter out the noobs from the more advanced players.

you would sign on our account like normal, but instead of joing a multiplayer game you can train in a quasi-offline qualification course.

the goal of this idea is to:

1. prevent noobs from flying
2. raising the standard of good flying
3. lower the amont of players fighting for helis

i see a lot of people insisting that player practice in offline games. why not make that offline game into a qualifying course.

its just an idea. don't get all your panties in an uprawr. feedback anyone?
I think its an excellent idea and since everyone is obessed with awards and badges it might make some players want to learn to fly outside of a ranked server (which, as we all know, is extremely frustrating).

Nice post enjoy your +1
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6645

the_heart_attack wrote:

I agree sort of. They have the right to it but it still makes them a dick for not giving a shit about the other people on their team.

"I don't care if you are good at flying and with you in teh air we will win. My parents paid for this game and I'm 11 years old bitch!"
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6787|Singapore

JahManRed wrote:

A good idea. The TK for jets on public is out of control. The only problem I would see, is that all the planes in the air would allways be good and own the map making the game one sided. Personally I like noobs getting the jets sometimes, lets me play more of a ground game and not have to worry too much about jets for a change.
Sadly n00b pilots get shot down quickly or crash
CC-Marley
+407|6827

polarbearz wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

Sadly n00b pilots get shot down quickly or crash
I would say Gladly...I don't like waiting too long.
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6729|Michigan
Well, I thinkt that all the people crying about noobs trying to fly are little babies.
I saw a dude the other day who was fricking awesome in a jet. I could'nt believe what I saw.
I was sniping in gulf of oman. I was mec and us was destroying our air field and I was trying to pick them off.
After the field was clear this guy finnaly got back into the jet... after team killing three people. The funny thing, he hit our attack helo just after liftoff! He tried a kick vote and was cussing up a storm... haha

I say grow up and maby give pointers to the noob so he can be more affective. We all paid the same amount of money for the game and besides... who cares about loosing one round? or who cares about a few deaths? I'm sure most here can afford a few points. STOP CRYING!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
MaddOps
Who the hell elected you leader of this outfit?
+55|6596

Gone In 60 Seconds wrote:

Driver 1: "Asshole!"
Driver 2: "Learn how to drive!"
Donny: [shuts car off] Don't touch nothing! You can't negotiate turns. You can't signal properly. You can't maintain speed. You can't parallel park. Hell, you can't drive, honey. Shit, I can't swim, I know I can't. So you know what I do? I stay my black ass out the pool!
Until I learned to fly I stayed away from choppers and was a gunner.

Then I bought the G5 mouse and started playing around with choppers on the FuShe Map.  G5 did what  joystick and full keyboard flying couldn't do.  All the sampling keeps you from having to do massive repetitive corrections.  I can now weave through smokestacks, and loop over bridges and pull off some pretty hairy turns.  As gunner you kind of learn what's a good pilot and what's a not so good pilot.  I've flown with guys who could go through the narrowest areas in Sharqi with ease to get single troops in the alleyways.

The more you do the better you get.  Just find an empty map with choppers and go for broke. 
But if you know you can't fly, a ranked server with a full game and few choppers isn't the place to learn.

And if the smacktard TK's for the vehicle, BAN HIS ASS! I'm sure if he gets kicked from enough servers he'll quit.  And then find an empty one for practice.
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6822|St. Louis, MO

the_heart_attack wrote:

I totally agree.Just because someone has more time to waste should not entitle them to anything.
arnica
+18|6678|Sydney

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Totally agree .... if they get in the plane/vehicle before , use another method to play, it's not the end of the world
MajorHoulahan_MASH
+31|6721

Impaqt wrote:

Some sort of forced training would be great....  Nothing hard...  Something like being able to get your basic aviator badge (THats what...  5 or 10 minutes in the air) in Single player or in an empty server....  At LEAST be able to get the plane off the ground before you take away a jet from a seasoned player.
Agreed, that doesnt seem difficult to add to the game, and it should  not be that  hard to succesfullly complete the training either.
REYKON
+8|6589
why should a football player who doesnt show up for practice, be allowed to play in a football game?

you all think... "well who has time to do all that"?  im sure you can spend 20 minutes to earn your wings which is only half of what you would spend in a round.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard