IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6729

chuyskywalker wrote:

IBKCKNURASS wrote:

see things like this is why i want to know who did it.

04-30-06 13:01:10      -1      Karma System Updates      being an asshat
Why do you need to know? So you can keep an eye our for their next post and give them -1 retribution karma? That's NOT the point of a karma system.
na it goes with what i was saying in the other karma topic.

I wrote:

well the karma page shows which post the karma was given for. If its a -1 then one would assume they just didnt like ur post..... fairly simple, I dont think anyone wants to go to a page that say u were give -1 cause "ur a moron".

Friluftshund wrote:

Clicking +1/-1 = http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5271/getter6et.th.jpg

Edit: Yes, I cleared cache..
this happened to me also the first time i tried to use it. it worked the second time though.

Last edited by IBKCKNURASS (2006-04-30 14:07:35)

chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6839|"Frisco"

Friluftshund wrote:

My bad, the JS will need to be refreshed, try again after another cache clear.
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6704|Norway
Huzzah!!!

Thanks!!
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6729

IBKCKNURASS wrote:

Friluftshund wrote:

this happened to me also the first time i tried to use it. it worked the second time though.
it does this on ppl who dont have enough posts or have no karma.
I just tried to karma Viking'Soldier and it did it again(this is the person it did it on before). so its either cause she doesnt have enought posts or cause  her karma level is empty not sure though. maybe its cause u were just messing with it.

Edit: See what was edited from the quote below.

Last edited by IBKCKNURASS (2006-04-30 14:21:01)

Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6704|Norway

IBKCKNURASS wrote:

IBKCKNURASS wrote:

Friluftshund wrote:

it does this on ppl who dont have enough posts.
I just tried to karma Viking'Soldier and it did it again(this is the person it did it on before). so its either cause she doesnt have enought posts or cause  her karma level is empty not sure though. maybe its cause u were just messing with it.
Ditto..

Do the 10 posts need to be in different threads or something?

Edit: underlined - yeah, I'm a haxxor

Last edited by Friluftshund (2006-04-30 14:19:26)

justice
OctoPoster
+978|6732|OctoLand
I like the reason thing...nearly end of the day and have 9 karma points so just +karma'd random people in the thread .
I know fucking karate
voltage
+46|6832|Sweden
That little K:# number at the start of each thread, is that the Karma for the start post or the whole thread?
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6729
thats all the karma that has been given.
well actually its the remainder of the positive and negative karma for the whole thread
PitViper401
The Magnetic Bullet Attractor
+31|6690|Illinois
I know showing who gave you negative karma will just start cycles we don't want, but what if you could choose to have it show your name for positive karma?  Then you could tell who's complimenting you and I don't think that would start any bad cycles like before with negative karma.
voltage
+46|6832|Sweden
, thnx. Would have been interesting to see how much karma was exchanged as well.

Last edited by voltage (2006-04-30 15:10:27)

khmer
+86|6669|Central California
This is cool. This site keeps on evolving. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by khmer (2006-04-30 15:19:46)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

Okay, I have one flaw in this plan.
It could lead to a bunch of masked vigilantes running round and giving people negative karma pretending to be someone else. Like that guy Tard could neg say, Kung Jew and say something like "I'm Tyferra and I hate you" which would lead to bad feelings and end the world as we know it.
Or basic defaming you know. I don't want someone to neg people under the guise of me, the only person I neg is Polarbearz - well, mostly anyway.
Sorry to be the Devil's advocate.
I just think that if you have your name to it it gives you a certain responsibility. If you start negging people for no reason, people are going to KNOW that it's you and KNOW that you're just negging people for the sole purpose of being a dickhead. Anonymity is not always a good thing, (did I spell that right.)

Anyway, like I said, I'm just playing the Devil's advocate here.

Last edited by Tyferra (2006-04-30 15:28:53)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6839|"Frisco"

Ty, i could just turn off karam all together.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6839|-

chuyskywalker wrote:

Ty, i could just turn off karam all together.
What's karam?
k1LLr_M
Prone to Own
+118|6585|Houston, TX

Tyferra wrote:

Okay, I have one flaw in this plan.
It could lead to a bunch of masked vigilantes running round and giving people negative karma pretending to be someone else. Like that guy Tard could neg say, Kung Jew and say something like "I'm Tyferra and I hate you" which would lead to bad feelings and end the world as we know it.
Or basic defaming you know. I don't want someone to neg people under the guise of me, the only person I neg is Polarbearz - well, mostly anyway.
Sorry to be the Devil's advocate.
I just think that if you have your name to it it gives you a certain responsibility. If you start negging people for no reason, people are going to KNOW that it's you and KNOW that you're just negging people for the sole purpose of being a dickhead. Anonymity is not always a good thing, (did I spell that right.)

Anyway, like I said, I'm just playing the Devil's advocate here.
hmm...seems like you play devil's advocate alot...but it's good because it makes people think twice about certain systems *cough* karma *cough* they just implemented
Not saying I don't like the karma system because I do, vigilantes couldn't change my mindset .
khmer
+86|6669|Central California
What about this: Say someone thinks that they are wrongly karma'ed, they could contest it by reporting it to a moderator. The moderator reviews and if they agree the moderator could remove it. Maybe too much work though.
dedart
+5|6739
karam must be some secret plan to replace karma and end the world!

/me runs
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

k1LLr_M wrote:

hmm...seems like you play devil's advocate alot...
What can I say? It's a great game.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
slicknic
+145|6617
It would be good if somewhere u can see the number of +1 and -1 a person votes.  so people can see if they are very nice or not =x  as i got a downvote (being an asshat apparently)  and wonder what a grouch this guy is
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6704|Norway
So why not turn on vivibility for those who negs you, and if people want to play valentine's day they can + someone in private..

I'm with TY tho.. I don't like people fakenicking - even though I don't use forum karma as a guide in life it's still not pleasant if people get the "I'm friluftshund and you suxx!!!"
PitViper401
The Magnetic Bullet Attractor
+31|6690|Illinois
I don't know how difficult it would be, but maybe karma can be peer-reviewed, sort of like how posts are moderated on slashdot?
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6797|Portland, OR, USA

Sweet, nice work chuy!

Hopefully this'll get rid of the idiots that -1 for no reason...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6839|"Frisco"

PitViper401 wrote:

I don't know how difficult it would be, but maybe karma can be peer-reviewed, sort of like how posts are moderated on slashdot?
Yeah, uh. No.

When I need a multi-tiered bandwidth provider that utilizes RRDNS duplication across several contenents in order to deal with the bandwidth and CPU load of this site, THEN we can think about that.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS
There's an easy fix for tards while keeping the system fair: A karma leaderboard! HAve a leaderboard for the people who -1 the most of +1 the most!
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Janus67
Tech God
+86|6587|Ohio, USA
thanks a lot chuy, im glad that you implemented the changes that we recommended

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard