Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6508|Bournemouth, South England

DumpsterDiverr wrote:

The link you gave for the exctrlst.exe doesnt work for me.
If it isn't working for anyone else...
I looked around for a minute or two, and found the link.
You need to validate though, if you have the java disabling script, I don't think it will work.
So I hope you have a valid copy somewhere, if not try AIMing me for Exctrlst.exe, and I can give you it from my computer.

AIM- DumpsterDiver727

Download Link- https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/det … laylang=en\

Ohh and by the way, EndItAll isn't free anymore. You should fix this stuff, and clean up the end of the post.
I picked up EndItAll about 3/4 days ago, it was free then, just gotta go all gooooogle on its ass.
{XpLiCiTxX}
Ohh skeet skeet
+143|6470|New York
Wow, this is the most helpful thread I've ever seen. Thank you.
Roomba
You will pay the price for your lack of vision.
+26|6492|Land of Cotton
Great stuff! The intro movie was great. I didn't think that would work but wow. Now I don't have to watch the EA logo for the millionth time!

I agree with the ewido remark. It does appear to be better than some of the others. I am working through a spyware problem now. After running ewido in safe mode, the IE did not have any pop ups. I think this problem was causing my server disconnect, too. I will have to check that later.

Thanks again.
Hama-Raptor-UK
+58|6423|West Midlands
Thanks you very much

Really Helpful

This Deserves LOT'S of Karma
shankmastah
+0|6414|Phoenix,Az
Excelent tut when I get home from work I will try some of these options

- once again great...
BryanHi
+0|6488
There are three things that I did to improve my gaming experience in BF2, with no problems. Quite often I'm in the top 10 on spawning. Many times I'm the first and able to capture a couple of flags or get into a position where I'm in a strategic location, even when I have a higher ping rate. Problem with this, my computer shows me as I'm the only one there on the map and also when I hit the tab key, but with a higher ping rate is it true?

The biggest difference that I have found was increasing my ram from 1 gig to 3 gigs and turning page file to 0. This will still give Windows all the ram that it needs to do what ever back ground processes that it needs to do and have your BF2 game running smoothly.
I have, also, bought the ATI Radeon X1600 Pro Crossfire (single card), and my phone company has increased my DSL speed from 1.5 megs to 3 megs.

I've tried a few of the tweaks this past week just out of curiosity and I'll list them:

Tip 1:

I've changed my punk buster checks to 500 seconds, I'm not positive but I think it reduced my ping rate by up to 7ms. I'm still ranging some place between 150ms and 80ms as before depending on the server. The only thing now I seem to be crashing to desktop as some of the other players in this forum. I'll need to play with it or change it back to default.

Tip 4:

I looked in the shortcut that the BF2 install did and the priority changes in this tip was already there. The desktop short cut for BF2 SF has it too.

Tip 5:

I did update punkbuster from its website, but now I'm wondering if this is what's making my game crash.

Tip 6:

This works great, getting to the login screen much faster , a few seconds, and getting to the screen after logging in is much faster too. When I quit the game and get back in it's almost instantaneous, when I reboot it takes a few second again.

Tip 8:

I've tried this and don't see any difference.

Tip 9:

I've tried this and don't see any difference.

Like I said in the beginning, if you can afford it, just get to at least three gigs of ram and your gaming experience will be much better. The game itself still requires a lot of strategy and know how, my co-worker has about the same global score with half the hours. This is the first on-line game I have played and I am not good at it, but getting better I think ... hope. :-))
For those that are curious about my computer. I have an HP Pavilion A752n, 3 gigs ram, Ati X1600 graphics card, and I use a Kensington trackball and of course needing all the help I can get I use the z-board.

Hope this helps some of you.
t2krambo
Banned
+99|6527|Panama
I`ve tried them all, They work! and BF2 goes much smoother!
[OvC]_AMD_Man
+2|6816|England

BryanHi wrote:

Like I said in the beginning, if you can afford it, just get to at least three gigs of ram
imho 2gb is all you need, also, disabling your paging file is not always a good idea, certain programs are coded to use the page file - even if you have enough spare ram

but hey, if it works for you, and you don't encounter any problems then that's all that counts
=SD= Leader
+1|6388|Norway
Nice :d
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6771|Rotherham, England
Do these work for 2142 as well?
sniper1
+2|6340
Computer i want

Manufacturer: Exclusive Alienware chassis
Processor: Intel pentium extreme edition 3.73ghz with 1066hmz system bus
Memory: 1024mb ram
Hard Drive: 160gb 7200rpm serial ata hardrive 32mb chache
Video Card: nvidia geforce 6800 gt pci express 512mb ddr3
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor 24 inch lcd
Sound Card: Intel(r) Integrated Audio
Speakers/Headphones: Better Then Urs
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface: alienware blue mouse pad
Operating System:

Computer i have  ((Its from 2003 im lucky its runs bf2.. or even 2142))  My Computer sucks!

Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.53GHz
Memory: 510MB RAM
Hard Drive: 119 GB
Video Card: RADEON 9500 PRO / 9700 
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card: Intel(r) Integrated Audio
Speakers/Headphones: Better Then Urs
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: USB Root Hub

+1 karma for you.

p.s.== i no every1 here has a better computer then me...

Last edited by sniper1 (2006-12-30 19:14:04)

frankyman_88
I <3 J.C.
+29|6555|QLD, australia
um i didnt read the whole thread so srry if i double post, but another way to disable the startin movies is to right click on your shortcut to bf2>properties and in the box "target", there may be something like this; "D:\Program files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe". simply type +restart after the last quote to disable.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6829|Grapevine, TX
Thanks badhq, great work and it really helped me, and I love the BF2 cleaner program you made!
Porterhouse
+1|6672
Alright I did this and worked out good I tried to play BF2S last night and it would not load now. Do I need to do the same thing to BF2S if so where is the folder I could not find it? Thank you for helping this moron out!

Renaming the BF2.exe File

How does this work?

Although the exact reason why this improves the gameplay is unknown, but it is probably that Ati and Nvidia recognise the program BF2.exe as one of their own, so by renaming the file, you turn the game into a normal program, not a resource hungry dinosaur! In 90% of cases this has been known to cause some increase in performance in-game.

This fix turns off any special optimisation by ATI or Nvidia which uses unessercary system resources.

How do you do it?

Step 1: The first thing you do is find your game directory, the default is C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2

Step 2: Once you have found the directory, locate the file BF2.exe, right click, and select properties

Step 3: You will then need to change the text in the white box which says "BF2", above the directory on the general tab, you can change it to anything you want! for simplicity, I changed it to BF21.exe once you have done this, CLICK APPLY!

Step 4: This tip is now officially done, but the shortcut on your desktop will now no longer work. To change this, delete the shortcut on your desktop, goto the game directory, and right click on the newly renamed file. Click Send To, then Desktop (Create Shortcut) and you will now have a working link your desktop!
Dersmikner
+147|6498|Texas
Man, that is altruistic and genius. Great stuff, even though I don't understand most of it.

I'd pay somebody to come to my house and do all this shit, but as it is I'm just going to deal with a ping of 70 occasionally.

Sounds great but I'd blow my computer to hell...
xixGATSBYxix
+0|6269
I did the .bat file tweak, changed priority to High, and my ping [which is normally 10] jumped all the way to the 80s. Changed it back to the norm and it was a solid 10 again. And I have 2 gigs of Ram, there's no issue there.
sumknt
+0|6209

MaddOps wrote:

ATTENTION:  THIS IS CRITICAL!!!!

If you are using a ZBoard and you institute the BF21.bat file, Your Zboard will not register as enabled in the game, and it will act a little funny.  It's tied in with reading the BF2.exe.

Thought I'd save some folks a headache on this one.
this can be fixed by editing the game triggers in zengine.
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6422|California, US
Um, yeah, I just tried the pb_sleep 500 trick last night, and it made my lag WORSE...any idea why that is?
I sure as hell didnt save the settings but it still seems like its taking effect.
Wait will these work for 2142?

Last edited by Monkeyman911 (2007-07-01 10:51:08)

Bernadictus
+1,055|6737

Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6352|uk

Bernadictus wrote:

http://bf2lag.com/top5tips.html

*cough*

Plagiarism?
IMO yes
6Bl@ckR@vens
+0|5989|Roadkillville
I tried tip # 4 .bat file tweak and now my screen wont run at full screen ?
GORREALA
+1|5990
I renamed my BF2.EXE to battlefield2.EXE and played the game and got all black artifacts on the mountains and terrain i thought it was graphic drivers as i did the tweaked drivers at the same time.

After i uninstalled the drivers and replaced them with standard latest Nvidia items i still had the problem then i just tried renaming the file back to BF2.EXE and then the black artifacts were gone.

Any1 else get this problem? This is on a 8600GTS.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6148|San Antonio, Texas
I think that's why my other comp has that with the mountains. Better change the name back to original.
6Bl@ckR@vens
+0|5989|Roadkillville
I did the renaming thing too , and my mountains went black only when i lay prone
...but with sniper rifle i zoom the blackness was gone lol..
so i put it back to original name, blackness was gone...
seems to me that it only works for some ppl NOT all !!
MonkezUncle
+3|5901
Great sticky but I tried to click on the links listed on the 1st post and they are all broken links (404 or 401 errors).  If someone can fix them I would really like to try some of these tweaks... thx!  -MonkezUncle

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard