T0rr3nt
+54|6575|Michigan

<b|k> lukie wrote:

Ahh! Now i know why most of my missiles closely went past the J-10, and why the J-10 had no problem killing me. Wake Island, it was almost the first time flying a plane in BF2 for me. Know i know i do not suck... I wasnt that bad in Desert Combat.
that or my tv missle from the chopper XD
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6731|Singapore

SaladForks wrote:

I prefer calling the F-35B a 'Flying Coffin'
yeah.
Lime
[Bf.Nut] - No Use Talking
+23|6742|Singapore
While it is possible for an F-35B to hold its own against a Mig-29, I agree that it's a whole world apart from the J-10. Conclusion: The F-35B is way too underpowered, EA should tweak it, or maybe tone down the J-10's abilities.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6731|Oslo, Norway
to behonest, it's only good for not getting tk's when taking off!
Andivari
+5|6572
I'm a medeocre pilot at best.

In the F35 I'm lucky if I can get a 2:1 ktd if people are looking for me and my air to air combat is rather poor.

In the J10 the only time I really ever die is if one of the other J's gets stolen and gets on my tail or if I crash, keeping on other pilots and shooting them down isn't much trouble.

...... yeah.. there is something that needs fixing.
benben10
+20|6712
i would like to mention that [edit may 3, in real life] the f35 is not a superjet in any way or form. if anything as far as i understand it, the f35 is supposed to be the civic or f-150truck of jets. reliable and capable of multiple roles with the same platform. so dont ask the f35 to changed into something that its not. if any jet is a super jet it would be the F22.

all i want is that the f35 has more survivability.

Last edited by benben10 (2006-05-03 10:18:59)

DSRTurtle
+56|6683

benben10 wrote:

i would like to mention that the f35 is not a superjet in any way or form. if anything as far as i understand it, the f35 is supposed to be the civic or f-150truck of jets. reliable and capable of multiple roles with the same platform. so dont ask the f35 to changed into something that its not. if any jet is a super jet it would be the F22.

all i want is that the f35 has more survivability.
That's the problem it doesn't survive anything to begin with.

The Eurofighter is better than the F-35, but not quite as good as the F-18 as far as single seat jets go.  The F-15 has a better chance of surviving an encounter with a J-10 than the F-35 does.  That's really sad.

Edited for Eurofighter comments.

Last edited by DSRTurtle (2006-05-03 04:13:08)

<b|k> lukie
+7|6720|Germany
Wake is no fun if there is a decent pilot on Chinese side... our US pilot wasn't good enough to kill the J-10 and therefore you couldn't use ANY vehicle on ground. Stinger is useless anyway if the pilot is not a noob.... IF there was a stinger site availible and not destroyed.

If Planes had as much trouble as tanks, the BF-world would be better.
Turtle
+7|6755|Boulder, CO
I like the f35 personally as far as it's flying capabilities. The j-10 needs a nerf though, it can out turn anything.. The problem with the f35's is more that the rear hitbox is huge. Alot of air to air missiles will miss the mig or j-10 by just a few feet but you can fire the same missile at an f35 pulling through a full throttle turn and get a hit. The missile will veer off at the same time and still hit the lower portion of the huge ass engine on the back of the jet. It's true tho, it's just a big flying target and it takes alot of patience to use because you have to do alot odd maneuvers and running away to come away from the round with a decent ratio.
DSRTurtle
+56|6683

<b|k> lukie wrote:

Wake is no fun if there is a decent pilot on Chinese side... our US pilot wasn't good enough to kill the J-10 and therefore you couldn't use ANY vehicle on ground. Stinger is useless anyway if the pilot is not a noob.... IF there was a stinger site availible and not destroyed.

If Planes had as much trouble as tanks, the BF-world would be better.
You can kill a J-10 with the Essex AA missle launchers if you do it right. 

It's still a tough kill though.
Firestarter
+12|6612
I hate the VTOL jet....I've done this and had it happen to me. I'm flying along and some nub Stinger/J-10 gets a lock on me, I fire flares for one thing, still locked. Now I know that only someone who knows that according to gravity the flares fall and you should look above the jet while firing....anyways the J-10 is not god, I've shot it down with the F-35 a few times....ANYWAYS again the missile they fire or I fire misses CLEARLY by at ELAST 6 feet and it's a driect hit, and that really pisses me off...a true pilot such as I brushes off the AA missiles as a last resort when my Autocannon(yes the gun on the jet is an autocannon like the APC)runs out. It takes REAL skill to fire that thing and kill with it.....umm what was the original rant about?
VIKING-LOVER1
+3|6843
i have to aggree' that the f-35 needs a def fix as well since the last patch all these air to air missles ( make  the f35 a bullet magnet X10 now )
it used to be where a person was a good pilot relied on his GUNS in the plane , now its like all of a sudden theres a bunch of peeps claiming to be good ?.. not!...LOL
now ground to air' ? absoulutley ! IT NEEDED SOME HELP  .
but now the f35 ( given the plane that was designed to over take just about any thing ) i think it should actualy be able to use that engine for more than a hover and be able to turn the thruster downward and and do a YOO"Y  before j10 knew what was happening  .
for what my 2 cents are worth since the last patch the j10 has become more difficult and the f35 is like asking for little more than a JOY ride before your death sentence is carried out ..LOL
eagles1106
+269|6581|Marlton, New Jersey.
In real life the f35 couldnt evade missiles that well if they got locked onto, but they never get locked onto because of their stealth capabilities.  It isnt that manueverable but its stealth is the shit
joker8baller
+68|6664
Something happened.... I shot down over 10 j-10's with the f-35... Bursts of mg fire + 1 missle.... J-10 couldn't avoid
Mike_J
+68|6667
i've seen guys that can evade missiles with the f35.  thier sensitivity must be maxed though cause' their turning radius is insane.  either that, or i'm missing out on the wonders of a joy stick.
DSRTurtle
+56|6683
I've never said it couldn't be done.  It's just much more difficult to evade missles in the F-35 than anything thing else.  I'd rather have the eurofighter than a F-35 against a J-10.  I was practicing bombing runs in the Eurofighter last night and some guy joined in.  We started dogfighting for fun.  When he left it was about an even match between his mig and my eurofighter.  I like the mig, it does turn better than the eurofighter, but most standard evasive tactics work in either fighter when you get locked on.
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6670|Australia
The F35 is a piece of shit. Its a wonder the US airforce actually does any good, However i have seen some guys in the F35 turn the thing 180 degrees in a flash.

If it gets the jump on the Mig, you have a 45-50% chance of shooting it down.

Against the J10...just put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye.
benben10
+20|6712
well i have seen the f35 evade fire, but it uses a different approach. instead of evading the actual missiles, you try to evade the original missile lock. ppl take it for granted but the missile lock is a very sensitive thing. i have been in a mig or j10 and the f35 pilot was just all over my screen and never hold a constant line. he was able to keep me from establishing a good missile lock. although this was only possible when i am very close on his tail. otherwise if i am farther out and he cant get off my screen, the guy was toast.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

The hitboxes on US vehicles in this game are insanely vulnerable. Shoot a tank shell between the back part of the M1A2 turret and the main chassis, and you'll see what I mean.
xaven
+25|6731|Berlin
why don't you guys learn to fly instead of whining about the machine?
no need to cry "fix it plz omfg!!!!one"

ask this guy about flying a f35, he occasionally gets shot down by AA and a J-10 has no chance against him.

or read this guide to improve.

Last edited by xaven (2006-05-06 06:23:22)

..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6647
The F-35 is fucking terrible.. Im not a bad pilot.. got 123 hours in the plane with 17222 kills and am ranked 483 in aviator ranking.. but i only use the j-10..its impossible not 2 die with the f-35 and especially in wake where there are so many AAs..it pisses me off.. the hovering in the f-35 is also crap becasue its an easy target for and SRAW and so basically its useless..no wonder US team always loses in wake island
xaven
+25|6731|Berlin

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Im not a bad pilot.. got 123 hours in the plane with 17222 kills and am ranked 483 in aviator ranking.. but i only use the j-10..
so how can you say f35 sucks with such a little experience? as I said, there are guys who can fly this plane very well, so it is possible not to get shot down by AA or by a j-10. and, I'm sorry, but 123h is not that much...

you can own a g36 guy with the m16, you can beat a tank with an APC, so why is it impossible to own with a f35? I doubt that its the plane only. sorry.

(and I dont care about a -1 for "this was a rude comment", its just my opinion. accept that plz.)
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6644

xaven wrote:

why don't you guys learn to fly instead of whining about the machine?
no need to cry "fix it plz omfg!!!!one"

ask this guy about flying a f35, he occasionally gets shot down by AA and a J-10 has no chance against him.

or read this guide to improve.
I'm sorry Xaven but in this case it is the machine. I play clan matches and what-not. Basically you find out fast which jets are better. Your super awesome pilot would stand no chance against me in a J-10. From what I have experienced, every jet/bomber can evade air to air missles without flares except for the f35b. It is the machine.
RahX
+0|6585
I've noticed if you hit s (or whatever your back key is) and turn you get a tighter turn. I can dodge missles SOMETIMES and up against a j-10 i can get my arse back to the ship to bail out and get the other jet/respawned jet. I would take the j-10 hands down every time every map for any jet situation. The only good challenge in a j-10 is, big suprise, another j-10 :\
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6692|Vancouver BC Canada

Stumanbmx wrote:

yea but it has to be balanced out because of its hovering ability, maybe........     its just some more EA/DICE shit
The hover ability is not usefull, thats just asking to get shot down. It needs a fix, bad.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard