Nohurrie32
+3|6680
Kings fan here.... did u even know Los Angeles has a hockey team...
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6654|Nova Scotia

Thornton wrote:

kanctil wrote:

Die hard Bruins fan.
I'm with you there buddy. What an.....interesting.....season.

As for the playoffs, I'm a huge Joe fan, so go Sharks! With Mason in net for the Preds I think they can take the series.
I would say "What the hell were they thinking, trading Thornton and Samsonov", but I'm a Habs fan, and we're quite used to our best being traded for no reason (other than saving some management ass).
WormGuts
+17|6801|Dayton, Ohio
Die hard Detroit Red Wing fan here.  Been one for about 16 years.  Of corse at that time their were no Columbus Blue Jackets, which is about 45 minutes away.  I've developed a soft spot for that lovable in state loser.

As for the guy who was boasting that the Wings are the best team because of their record...

Sorry bro but you are so wrong there.  Their record was built in large part against teams in their division.  Have you looked at the other teams in their division?  They're god aweful.  There are 30 teams in the NHL.  Here are the end of season ranking of the teams in Detroits division (who they played the most games against) :

Detroit-1st overall
   Nashville-5th overall
   Columbus-tied for 25th overall
   Chicago-28th overall
   St.Louis-30th overall (worst)

I may be a huge fan, but i'm still objective enough to not be blinded. 

The truth is they stand a real chance of being eliminated from the playoffs by the lowest seeded team.

Last edited by WormGuts (2006-04-27 18:55:36)

WormGuts
+17|6801|Dayton, Ohio

Nohurrie32 wrote:

Kings fan here.... did u even know Los Angeles has a hockey team...
For how long though???
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6776|Human Meat Shield
LA had a great team in the 70's -90's. I remember Dave Taylor, Jari Kurri, Luc, Bob Carpenter among others. When Great One came to LA it was a major hoopla, as they changed thier uni's and such. 

Im a Coyotes fan. I used to be a Whalers fan, don't know why, I've never been to Conn.

I played hockey from the late 80's to the early 2000's... I miss it, but don't follow it as much.

Last edited by imdead (2006-04-27 18:51:28)

WEPKabal
+7|6610|NB, Canada

imdead wrote:

LA had a great team in the 70's -90's. I remember Dave Taylor, Jari Kurri, Luc, Bob Carpenter among others. When Great One came to LA it was a major hoopla, as they changed thier uni's and such. 

Im a Coyotes fan. I used to be a Whalers fan, don't know why, I've never been to Conn.

I played hockey from the late 80's to the early 2000's... I miss it, but don't follow it as much.
Dionne, Taylor and Simmer on the Triple Crown line! (1979-ish?)

I too used to play hockey, for 15 years. Its rough not playing anymore.. although I do have intentions of playing again.

Stanley Cup Predictions anyone?

I think I will have to go with the Ottawa Senators winning the cup.. not because I am a fan, just a realist. I think that only the Devils will really be able to compete with the Sens in the east. The Wings could compete with the Sens, providing they could ever make it that far.
MooseRyder
+37|6663|Montréal, Canada
Go HABS Go!!!!!

and i say we are winning our serie against Carolina in 6

and i hope the Oilers gonna beat the Red Wings. Just for the fact that 90% of any hockey fans thought the Red Wings would beat the crap out of the Oilers

As for the Stanley Cup

East : Ottawa or New Jersey (allthough Buffalo could get there but i dont think so)

West : Detroit or Calgary (maybe Colorado but their Goalie had the worst season ever and i dont think hes gonna do better in the series even if he have a really good team)

Last edited by MooseRyder (2006-04-27 21:57:12)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6728|California

i played some ice hockey back in the day (1 year ago). i like to open ice check. alot.

anywho, im a Red Wings fan
MooseRyder

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

FoShizzle wrote:

Well, I'm from the Pittsburgh area...so yes, I am a *cough, cough* Pens *cough* fan *cough*...please don't make too much fun of me.  The season was unbearable even with Crosby.  Ahh, to look to the future.  Oh, and I'll root for the Sens 
I was in pittsburgh on March 24th to watch the Pens/Habs game. I love you city btw. Very clean and picturesque. The people are great too.

Have faith. The Penguins are in the process of building a Dynasty. With Malkin and Erik Johnson next year it's going to be pretty crazy with all those youngsters coalescing as a true team.
And Crosby Is just gonna get better and better with the years to come, Watch this guy in 2 or 3 years. Hes gonna be insane.

First year in the NHL and did over 100 points.
chefvolrath
feeding the BF2S community since 2005.....
+5|6698
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6662|Westminster, Colorado

bs6749 wrote:

Red Wings FTW!

Anyone rememember when Patrick Roy got his ass fucking clothes lined by a skating Brendan Shanahan? Cause I sure do. Or when Claude Lemiux got his ass beat in retalliation for his cheap shot on Kris Draper that sent him face first into the bench door?
I remember all those games.  The Avs/Red Wings Rivalry was insane for those few years.  "Bloody Sunday' was the best hockey gmae I have ever seen.  There were something around 7 fights and several players left the ice bleeding.  Plus there was a goalie fight and that is always a blast.

BTW Detroit got pretty fortunate on that third goal tonight.

Last edited by terrafirma (2006-04-27 23:12:01)

FoShizzle
Howdah Lysozyme
+21|6635|Pittsburgh, PA

MooseRyder wrote:

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

I was in pittsburgh on March 24th to watch the Pens/Habs game. I love you city btw. Very clean and picturesque. The people are great too.

Have faith. The Penguins are in the process of building a Dynasty. With Malkin and Erik Johnson next year it's going to be pretty crazy with all those youngsters coalescing as a true team.
And Crosby Is just gonna get better and better with the years to come, Watch this guy in 2 or 3 years. Hes gonna be insane.

First year in the NHL and did over 100 points.
Thanks guys...I know it's coming again, IF they can keep the team here.  Crosby played some insane hockey this year with a supporting cast of...who else was on the team    It seems like just yesterday I was watching Mario, Jagr, Francis, Stevens, Straka, etc.  We just got really spoiled there for a while...*tears*
MooseRyder
But arent they gonna fire Michel Therrien  at Pittsburg?
FoShizzle
Howdah Lysozyme
+21|6635|Pittsburgh, PA
Well, Craig Patrick got his walking papers about a week ago.  Therrien...I hate to speculate, but...they'll probably give him a month or two of next season.  He'll make an easy scapegoate if things don't improve.
[FB]Eraser
Back in battle after 3-year break
+39|6729|Switzerland

MooseRyder wrote:

Go HABS Go!!!!!

and i hope the Oilers gonna beat the Red Wings. Just for the fact that 90% of any hockey fans thought the Red Wings would beat the crap out of the Oilers
+1 for you, Moose! I'm an Oilers fan since years and it's awesome, like they start the first playoff round. The Wings have to watch their backs and bite their asses, to win. No easy owning like all expected. Now it's tied, but let's have a look at the next game...
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6654|Nova Scotia
I hate seeing teams leaving their cities (Winnipeg, Quebec City, Hartford, Minnesota, etc).
Although I heard Winnipeg is back on the list (as is Sacramento, wtf?, and 3 other places deep in the sun).

Detroit wins last night, they're back in it.
Koivu gone indefinately but keeps his sight.  Shit, but yay!

I watched the Sens game and the Lightning looked pretty lethargic.

Go Habs!
Frizzley_Fry
+8|6653

WormGuts wrote:

Die hard Detroit Red Wing fan here.  Been one for about 16 years.  Of corse at that time their were no Columbus Blue Jackets, which is about 45 minutes away.  I've developed a soft spot for that lovable in state loser.

As for the guy who was boasting that the Wings are the best team because of their record...

Sorry bro but you are so wrong there.  Their record was built in large part against teams in their division.  Have you looked at the other teams in their division?  They're god aweful.  There are 30 teams in the NHL.  Here are the end of season ranking of the teams in Detroits division (who they played the most games against) :

Detroit-1st overall
   Nashville-5th overall
   Columbus-tied for 25th overall
   Chicago-28th overall
   St.Louis-30th overall (worst)

I may be a huge fan, but i'm still objective enough to not be blinded. 

The truth is they stand a real chance of being eliminated from the playoffs by the lowest seeded team.
I was about to reply to this regarding the division but noticed you hit the nail on the head. Let's see how they do against winning teams
MooseRyder
Hurricanes won 3-2 tonight GOD DAMN IT!!! lol

Thats what happen when the Captain get wounded, the hole team spirit is at the bottom. and Saku wont be back for this serie. I have a bad feeling for the Habs to make it threw now

anyone know who won on the Stars/Avalanche game?
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6758|the middle of nowhere
I'm for Nashville. I play hockey too. It's fun.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6771

Yeah, Emery has been doing really good, but when Hasek has recovered enough, I'm not sure who will become starter. But Hasek has been a humungous boost to Ottawa, undoubtfully. At the start of the season I thought Legace wouldn't keep the high performance and that Detroit might fall behind a bit, but sadly (for me at least) Detroit still throttled ahead.

WormGuts is right, Detroit got most of it's points from it's own crappy division (no offense) but they are still a really good team.

I don't know what to think about Bertuzzi. I want him to stay, but if he continues to be unpassionate about it then he'd better leave, but that'd be a blow to the team. I love Carter though, I was worried at first that he wouldn't be up to the challenge of having a palindromic number (22/33 Sedins, 44 Bertuzzi, 55 Jovanovski, etc) but he certainly was a big help. Unfortunately we missed it by a tiny bit.... meh.
flossmore
+10|6663|Cherry Valley, IL
Go Blackhawks!!!  We got Roenick, Belfour, Smith, Chelios and Larmer how can we be stopped!!!!  Oh wait im living in the 90's again...damnit!!!!  Hard for me to get into Hockey like I use to when Chicagos owner Bill Wurtz gets rid of everything good we have.  And yes Dominic Hasek started with the Blackhwaks and played brilliantly and then guess what we let him go to!!!!  I love Hockey but hate my Hockey teams owner.

Oh yes coolbeano I still have the original Pavel Bure Canucks jersey from 93 they had some great teams in the 90's as well with Linden and Bure leading the way.

Last edited by flossmore (2006-04-29 03:53:33)

Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6782|Nova Scotia, Canada

Carolina is at disgrace to the 2nd best team in the East, losing to the Habs.......
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6702|San Francisco
San Jose Sharks all the way!
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6771

Yay OTTAWA! Second series, good job. No offense to any Tampa Bay people out there but that was some pretty bad rapage...

Now to see if the Devils and Oilers push on further....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard