Poll

Do you want to win a round on Karkand or just get a bunch of points?

Point's, just point's. Don't care if I win the round.38%38% - 55
Win the round, points will come.61%61% - 89
Total: 144
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6694
Why I ask.  I have been playing commander a lot lately.  I enjoy it.  Favorite map is Karkand.

Here is my grip.

USMC spends the first 20 minutes just fighting over hotel.  By the time the capture it, round is to far gone to be won.  Happens over and over.  So after losing three straight maps I tell my team "Listem humor me" go around hotel.  I bet if you do not try to cap it, MEC will just sit there and wait.  You can cap the whole map from gatehouse back before they move.

Guess what.  They did, then fought over hotel the rest of the round. 

Seems to me poeple are more interested in getting kills then winning maps.

Just an observation, what say you?
Gladiator08
Russell Crowe's Loin Cloth
+49|6735|Philadelphia, PA
points. 3 to 1 ratio is a bitch to get. i practically have given up on it. all i want are points
Dtrich-]X[
+4|6661
that sounds very true. I NEVER go for hotel anymore if im USMC straight for either suburb or down the hill towards cement factory gatehouse is another option.. but i think this is very true.
SaladForks
/ph34r
+129|6604|Eastern USA
If I'm playing with people I know from before, or a good squad, then I'd take up strategy and a win. But if it's a normal karkand game, where most sit by the hotel flag but not take it, then I'd try and get as many points as I can. However, this does not make me a stat whore, for you critics!
BruceNighttrain
+12|6667|Denver/CO
i do all i can to help my team win the round, if i get 2 pts at the end but get the win, im happy. I take pride in not being a loser
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6728|Antarctica
I get points while winning the round
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6811|Singapore

im trying to get as many wins as possible now so i avoid karkand like the plague.

I've seen MEC stay at hotel the WHOLE game with everything from factory to square belonging to the US.

Incredible.
Dtrich-]X[
+4|6661

SaladForks wrote:

If I'm playing with people I know from before, or a good squad, then I'd take up strategy and a win. But if it's a normal karkand game, where most sit by the hotel flag but not take it, then I'd try and get as many points as I can. However, this does not make me a stat whore, for you critics!
deff true if im with my clan mates we always use strats but if im by myself ill either do what i said before or whore a lav right side of hotel on some spawn points im all about 150 point rounds
Y0URDAD
I'ma Eat Yo Children!
+17|6667|Annapolis, MD
It's common practice for me to go down along the side wall, just along the map edge, head all the way to factory on foot, and work from there. If someone is waiting for me, then I respawn and head to suburb. If nobody spawns at suburb when me and my possible squad captures it, I just end up going to whore the alley at the hotel. meh.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6788|UK
Winning on Karkand is so tempermental, it totally matters what your team is like, when i play i play to win and by doing that i get a hella lot of frags thus reducing enemy frags. I do this by going lone shark and go round the back of enemies with assult and just owning the random ppl back there, i let the team take the flags and just try to supress the enemy as much as possible.

Well thats my take on it
khmer
+86|6700|Central California
I go around the hotel. I'm in it for the win! I would be shocked if everyone on the usmc just went around the hotel. I've seen only a few people do it while the rest are battling for the hotel.
-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6815|South Cybertown, Texas

Stealth42o wrote:

Why I ask.  I have been playing commander a lot lately.  I enjoy it.  Favorite map is Karkand.

Here is my grip.

USMC spends the first 20 minutes just fighting over hotel.  By the time the capture it, round is to far gone to be won.  Happens over and over.  So after losing three straight maps I tell my team "Listem humor me" go around hotel.  I bet if you do not try to cap it, MEC will just sit there and wait.  You can cap the whole map from gatehouse back before they move.

Guess what.  They did, then fought over hotel the rest of the round. 

Seems to me poeple are more interested in getting kills then winning maps.

Just an observation, what say you?
This is a very good point you have brought up!

I see what you have discribed above all the time. I just don't understand why people allow themselves to get boged down at one point in the map.

Karkand is one of the easiest maps to win as USMC! But your team has to know (or listen to you instructions as commander) what flag points to cap and hold first!
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6694

-=S8M=-Phoenix wrote:

Karkand is one of the easiest maps to win as USMC! But your team has to know (or listen to you instructions as commander) what flag points to cap and hold first!
It can be very frusterating.  1 out 100 times when I ask a squad to go to a certian flag they go.  They always say "Roger", never go.  Makes me wondering why I am commanding.

Great replies all, glad to know it's not only me.
bobroonie.bda
+143|6704
Play to win.. what good are points really? points will come if your doing the right strats to win. If you not working on winning the game your just cannon fotter. dont get me wrong it is good to have a guy here and there defending certin points on the map. but there should always be a reason for you to be any where other then "this spot will get me points."
gunpiss
+19|6704
Hotel and Square are the best places for spawn camping and armor whore. So quite a lot people don't like to push deeper for flags and just want to get their high point there.

Last edited by gunpiss (2006-04-26 15:13:12)

{CN}420
+30|6700
Both. Winning is first priority, points come as I am capping flags.
Jakethe8lf
+13|6663|Victoria, Australia
I use Karkand to get my assault badges.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6689

Points and wins.

Rarely happens, but there are those matches where the MEC actually pull back and hold the bridge/waterway.  Awesome carnage last night.  Everyone scoring tons of kills.  On occassion, the MEC would sneak up and neutralize a forward flag.  At this point, the USMC is actually at a disadvantage, as it takes the marines longer to bring respawned armor to the front.  We, USMC, still won, but barely.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6613|Reisterstown, MD

Karkand is the easiest place to get your explosive badges on because of the tight spaces and easily recognizable respawn areas.
DrakeRide55
+5|6675
Play to win! unless... you are by yourself and cant be super effective, you are too tired to care, too drunk to function within a stategy...

Points will always come

Drake
Hiei987
+20|6714
I always go for wins. If we win I'll get more points anyway.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6729|67.222.138.85
I don't really go for the points, I go for the kills, which in my opinion, short of commanding or going to take the factory as US helps your team out the most. Having a lot of kills and a good k/d I know in more than one game has made the difference, especially in the rare cases where MEC wins. I don't really like going for the win on US by taking the factory, because my favorite games are the ones where US works their way up the map point by point, not going around. (I really wanted that one game type EA was talking about where you had to take the points in order!)
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6712|Tampa Bay Florida
I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to have some hardcore infantry battles, but what isn't good is when your whole team doesn't want to capture any other flags BUT the hotel
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6697|Canberra, AUS
For some inexplicable reason, my points are related to the team. If I'm on a good team, I usually get 50+ points easily. If I'm not on a good team, then I get 30-40 points. So I suppose 'team' is kind of important.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Sgt_Stutta
The Disturbed One
+14|6698|Tucson, AZ, USA, Earth

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

I get points while winning the round
finally someone said it lol. i was waiting for that, i'd like to do both, win the round AND get as many points as i can and there are alot of ways to get points espcially if ur spec ops at enemy base the commander just keeps repairing stuff and i keep blowing it up until someone comes to get me. plus kills i get and kill assists and the flag cap points, there are plenty of ways to get points AND win the round, assuming ur not playing with a bunch of numb nuts that, as mentioned in first post, just fight for hotel the whole round.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard